PDA

View Full Version : A question for Giant fans

Lambeau12
03-24-2012, 11:44 PM
Name at least 5 to 10 games that were trap games or games you thought that were an easy win and you guys lost. Can you guys think of any off hand? It seems like the Packers have at least a couple games a year where they lose to a lesser team like the Chiefs for example.

Landshark
03-24-2012, 11:47 PM
It happens every year... Redskins twice, eagles without Vick, Seahawks... Just from last year...

THE_New_York_Giants
03-24-2012, 11:48 PM
that game against Cleveland in 2008 comes to mind almost immediately. My god was that embarrassing.

Flip Empty
03-24-2012, 11:57 PM
I see any game in which the Giants are listed as favourites as a trap game. I picked the Seahawks to win that game last season.

Bohemian
03-24-2012, 11:58 PM
There were several this past year. The second redskins game was one.

The NFC East is really tough, so other than Washington, there is guarantees.

I am really having a hard time thinking of games that I thought as 'easy'. I have to say that the Gmen always seem to draw a very tough schedule.

scoopscj
03-25-2012, 12:00 AM
Back when the Cardinals were in the NFC east they were always 'trap games'. Cleveland in 2008... so accurate there. I remember losing to the Jets in the last game of the season when the Jets were bad that would have given us a playoff birth and we lost. UGH....

We once played Atlanta with a backup QB and he roasted us. Doug Johnson I believe his name was. For the love of Pete he was awful but he beat us for sure.

There were a lot of games over the years I thought the Giants should have won. It's really hard to call them 'trap games' because the skill level in the league for the most part is pretty close.

Scoops

Bohemian
03-25-2012, 12:04 AM
Back when the Cardinals were in the NFC east they were always 'trap games'. Cleveland in 2008... so accurate there. I remember losing to the Jets in the last game of the season when the Jets were bad that would have given us a playoff birth and we lost. UGH....

We once played Atlanta with a backup QB and he roasted us. Doug Johnson I believe his name was. For the love of Pete he was awful but he beat us for sure.

There were a lot of games over the years I thought the Giants should have won. It's really hard to call them 'trap games' because the skill level in the league for the most part is pretty close.

Scoops

I remember the Cards playing really tough every year back then. I was always scared of them. Lomax was great, and later on, Anthony Thompson was excellent against us.

NYG4lifeNYK
03-25-2012, 12:09 AM
that game against Cleveland in 2008 comes to mind almost immediately. My god was that embarrassing.

LOL on prime time television...... I was so embarassed

what an absolute train wreck

Bohemian
03-25-2012, 12:11 AM

Now that I think back, I do remember it.... that was crazy. But those games seem to pop-up their ugly heads once in a while.

Lambeau12
03-25-2012, 12:12 AM
I remember back in 1997 when the Packers were 8-2 playing the 0-10 Colts and we lost 41-38 on a game winning field goal at the buzzer. That was embarassing.

Bohemian
03-25-2012, 12:21 AM
I remember back in 1997 when the Packers were 8-2 playing the 0-10 Colts and we lost 41-38 on a game winning field goal at the buzzer. That was embarassing.

It is always hard playing a team looking for its first victory. I think that last year, the team really went to sleep against the redskins, while they were kicking our butts all over the field. Not that they will outplay you when they are such an underdog, but it is that one tends to give the game away.

If you lose to a good or great team is fine... painful, but fine. When you lose to a pile of idiots on helmets... it makes you want to kill your television.

THE_New_York_Giants
03-25-2012, 12:28 AM
kinda like losing to the Chiefs this year? I bet that hurt.

THE_New_York_Giants
03-25-2012, 12:33 AM

Now that I think back, I do remember it.... that was crazy.* But those games seem to pop-up their ugly heads once in a while.

Everyone was predicting a 45-0 win or something ridiculous and we got absolutely spanked. I went to the game with a client of mine and the Giants got absolutely spanked and here I am wearing my Eli jersey and Cleveland fans are going nuts and taunting me and stuff. These guys aren't Eagles fans and I always feel bad for Cleveland fans because of the Baltimore thing but I was embarrassed. I wanted to crawl into a hole and cry. My client was making fun of me too which didn't help. But at the end of the day I made a lot of money off of that game so it wasn't too bad. But that was embarrassing as it gets. MNF getting dominated by a terrible team. We were undefeated on the road for like 14 games in a row at that point too.

With that said, if there's another team in the league I want to see win a Superbowl it's Cleveland. That city deserves it after all the stuff that has gone down there sports wise.

Lambeau12
03-25-2012, 12:34 AM
Yeah that hurt. It hurt worse losing in the playoffs though.

THE_New_York_Giants
03-25-2012, 12:44 AM
Not to sound arrogant, but after we lost to you guys in the regular season, I knew we were going to win the Superbowl. The Packers got way too ****y going into that playoff game.

Bohemian
03-25-2012, 12:44 AM

Yeah, sorry about that. Us Giants are very good at taking other Giants out... you see, your giants were wearing the wrong uniform... :) But in all seriousness, this Giants-Packers rivalry reminded me a lot of the 07' Giants-Patriots rivalry... when we learn of their tricks during the regular season, so to beat them when it matters most.

Your Packers are a great team, but it was obvious that they lacked the running game.

Lambeau12
03-25-2012, 12:49 AM
I dont hate the Giants for it. I have lots of respect for your team. We were obviously a better team at the end of the 2010 season then we were at the end of the 2011 season. Once we lost to KC we never played very well after that. Last year when we beat you guys at GB and Chi to get in the playoffs we got hot in the postseason. The Falcons playoff game in the playoffs was a thing of beauty for us, very similar to the Giants beating us in this year's postseason. Once we beat the Falcons I had a feeling we were going to the super bowl.

Bohemian
03-25-2012, 01:01 AM
I dont hate the Giants for it. I have lots of respect for your team. We were obviously a better team at the end of the 2010 season then we were at the end of the 2011 season. Once we lost to KC we never played very well after that. Last year when we beat you guys at GB and Chi to get in the playoffs we got hot in the postseason. The Falcons playoff game in the playoffs was a thing of beauty for us, very similar to the Giants beating us in this year's postseason. Once we beat the Falcons I had a feeling we were going to the super bowl.

Yeah, the Packers' super bowl run was very impressive, reminding me a lot of the Giants' 07' run. It is easy to respect teams with good traditions. I have to say that I am not too impressed with your division, as the Bears always seem to neglect building their offense, the Lions seem to be your next great rival.

THE_New_York_Giants
03-25-2012, 01:37 AM

One of those dumb "sports ifs", but I feel if we hadn't have collapsed against filthy we would've gone all the way. After that game I knew the gmen were done, but before it I thought they would go all the way if they could beat that filthadelphia filth. The way they lost though was demoralizing. Then all the boneheaded plays against Green Bay. It was hard to watch last year. The Pack were really good down the stretch in 2010 though and it was definitely an impressive run.

RagTime Blue
03-25-2012, 01:43 AM

I was thinking about this one too. Wasn't that on Monday Night?

THE_New_York_Giants
03-25-2012, 02:34 AM

I was thinking about this one too.* Wasn't that on Monday Night?

yes

Diamondring
03-25-2012, 05:41 AM
Back when the Cardinals were in the NFC east they were always 'trap games'.** Cleveland in 2008... so accurate there.* I remember losing to the Jets in the last game of the season when the Jets were bad that would have given us a playoff birth and we lost.* UGH....

We once played Atlanta with a backup QB and he roasted us. Doug Johnson I believe his* name was.* For the love of Pete he was awful but he beat us for sure.*

There were a lot of games over the years I thought the Giants should have won.* It's really hard to call them 'trap games' because the skill level in the league for the most part is pretty close.*

Scoops

I remember the Cards playing really tough every year back then.* I was always scared of them.* Lomax was great, and later on, Anthony Thompson was excellent against us.
You were worried about the Cards every year when they were in our division? I was never worried about them not at all.

SweetZombieJesus
03-25-2012, 09:43 AM
Oh geez we seem to have several games every year that are trap games. The Giants have been losing games they shouldn't lose as long as I can remember and then turning around and beating teams they shouldn't be able to beat.

In 2011 Seattle and the 2nd Philly game stand out.

EDIT: How can I forget about the two Washington games? Answer: I'm trying as hard as I can.

FBomb
03-25-2012, 10:03 AM

Now that I think back, I do remember it.... that was crazy. But those games seem to pop-up their ugly heads once in a while.
</P>

I was at that game!! Me and my degenerate freinds took a road trip that year instead of a home game. Brownie fans were great! Not like the rep they get.</P>

Flip Empty
03-25-2012, 10:43 AM
Got Cleveland again next season - time for four-years-in-the-making payback... or another embarrassing loss.
Next season's schedule actually looks to be largely void of these so-called "trap games", instead it's loaded with teams who have a legitimate shot at winning.

The second game vs Washington was the shock of last season for me. The Giants were just so lifeless, it pissed me off. There was a lot of swearing.

poppa smurph
03-25-2012, 10:44 AM

</P>

I was at that game!! Me and my degenerate freinds took a road trip that year instead of a home game. Brownie fans were great! Not like the rep they get.</P>

When I read the op's statement ( questionI guess ), that's the first game that came to mind.</P>

Ugly, ugly, ugly game.</P>

I'm pretty sure that was one of the first biglosses my wife ( then my girlfriend )and I watched together. Even as a part-time football fan, she couldn't believe how flat the Giants were for that one.</P>

I couldn't believe I didn't brake anything lol</P>

GameTime
03-25-2012, 11:07 AM
Name at least 5 to 10 games that were trap games or games you thought that were an easy win and you guys lost. Can you guys think of any off hand? It seems like the Packers have at least a couple games a year where they lose to a lesser team like the Chiefs for example.</P>

that has been a Giants staple for years. Losing games they "should" be winning...</P>

</P>

NYgiants141
03-25-2012, 11:13 AM
Name at least 5 to 10 games that were trap games or games you thought that were an easy win and you guys lost. Can you guys think of any off hand? It seems like the Packers have at least a couple games a year where they lose to a lesser team like the Chiefs for example.</p>

that has been a Giants staple for years. Losing games they "should" be winning...</p>

</p>

And winning games they "should" be losing.

GameTime
03-25-2012, 11:26 AM
Name at least 5 to 10 games that were trap games or games you thought that were an easy win and you guys lost. Can you guys think of any off hand? It seems like the Packers have at least a couple games a year where they lose to a lesser team like the Chiefs for example.</P>

that has been a Giants staple for years. Losing games they "should" be winning...</P>

</P>

And winning games they "should" be losing.
</P>

touche'.......[;)]</P>

Toadofsteel
03-25-2012, 11:31 AM
I'm kind of happy that all the sundays I had to work during the 2011 season were sundays the giants lost... except for the GB loss (which was close).

zimonami
03-25-2012, 11:46 AM
Not to sound arrogant, but after we lost to you guys in the regular season, I knew we were going to win the Superbowl. The Packers got way too ****y going into that playoff game.
That's exactly how I felt. We could have won the regular season game and I thought they took us lightly in the rematch... similar to the Pats in 2007

Lambeau12
03-25-2012, 01:09 PM
I dont know if we took you lightly but we did get ****y. I think we thought we were going to win it all again. We got beat and I accept defeat. We just looked rusty as hell and the 3 weeks off killed us as well.

EliTE
03-25-2012, 01:21 PM
the browns game in 08 comes to kind. we we 4-0 at the time i believe. i didnt have cable at the time so i would go to my moms to watch the games. but this game was on espn i think which she didnt get so i went to a friends house. my friends dad was a big boston fan so i still blame him for cursing us that night. i think the red sox were playing that night and lost so his dad was probably pissed and did some vodoo hex on us or something lol.

THE_New_York_Giants
03-25-2012, 01:23 PM
the browns game in 08 comes to kind. we we 4-0 at the time i believe. i didnt have cable at the time so i would go to my moms to watch the games. but this game was on espn i think which she didnt get so i went to a friends house. my friends dad was a big boston fan so i still blame him for cursing us that night. i think the red sox were playing that night and lost so his dad was probably pissed and did some vodoo hex on us or something lol.

That voodoo stuff is pretty effective haha. Not only were we 4-0, but we were undefeated on the road for like 14 games straight.

EliTE
03-25-2012, 01:26 PM
I dont know if we took you lightly but we did get ****y. I think we thought we were going to win it all again. We got beat and I accept defeat. We just looked rusty as hell and the 3 weeks off killed us as well.it was similar to what happened to us in 08. coming off a sb run as a wildcard team, we were the #1 seed, we rested our guys in week 17, first week bye, and lost at home in our first playoff game.

sometimes that bye hurts more than it helps i think. obviously its great for resting guys with injuries but i think it gets a team out of rhythm. meanwhile the team coming in to play just won a game a week earlier and have that momentum and confidence going for them.

Manstache
03-25-2012, 01:32 PM
skins seahawks eagles. i don know how the f*ck we lost those 4 games. smh.......

THE_New_York_Giants
03-25-2012, 01:36 PM
I wasn't too mad about the seahawks game. The offense played well aside from a couple boneheaded plays by cruz. If Jackson stayed in that game we win. Freaking Charlie Whitehurst was unstoppable that day.

Division rivals always play us tough. A division game is not a trap game. It's pretty common in the NFCE for all the teams to go 3-3 or 4-2 in the division.

Lambeau12
03-25-2012, 01:37 PM
We lost to the Dolphins and Redskins in 2010 both in overtime. Both games we should have won easily.

NYGRealityCheck
03-25-2012, 01:46 PM
As for Browns game in 08, I agree that the Giants had a sloppy game that was capped off by a long INT returned for a TD that sealed the game. However, I also think the Browns pulled together and put out an amazing effort facing the defending Superbowl champions. Braylon Edwards was playing like a star WR for the Browns in that game. Yea, I can say that was a trap game, but the Browns were ready to play the Giants. Gotta give them some credit there.

Diamondring
03-25-2012, 02:12 PM
We should bave beaten the Cowboys in 2010 in the second meeting and I thought we were going to win that game since Romo wasn't playing. Yet I felt that something bad was going to happen when the Giants gave up a good amount of points at the end in the first meeting between the teams after Romo was out..

FeaglesPuntsEaglesRunts
03-25-2012, 05:51 PM

Scoops

Haha, we haven't lost to the Jets in almost 20 years.

Lambeau12
03-26-2012, 12:00 PM
I knew after the first matchup with the Giants I was hoping we wouldn't see them again. I was scared when we had to play them again. Before the regular season game with the Giants I was thinking the Pack would beat them by alot more then we did because you guys were reeling after getting blown out by the Saints.

Bohemian
03-26-2012, 12:21 PM
I knew after the first matchup with the Giants I was hoping we wouldn't see them again. I was scared when we had to play them again. Before the regular season game with the Giants I was thinking the Pack would beat them by alot more then we did because you guys were reeling after getting blown out by the Saints.

I have to say that if there is one team that has had our number, and I mean REALLY had our number. It has been the Saint. They are to the Giants, what the Giants are to the Patriots. Don't know why, but it certainly is a frustrating time playing them... it is as if our secondary just can't show up against them, and our offense just comes short of keeping up. Some bad mojo going when we play them... perhaps it's a voodoo curse on Eli for playing against his hometown team.

Lambeau12
03-26-2012, 12:45 PM
Yeah I agree. You guys were fortunate that they lost to the 49ers. Not bashing you guys by any means cause you have our number in the playoffs. We seem to have the 49ers number like you guys have ours though. I think if we played them in the championship game we would have beat them. Your defensive line is sick, your offense is better then it was in 07.

G-Man67
03-26-2012, 01:13 PM

15-1 ... you didn't fall into many traps [:)]... and i'll tell ya the Chiefs were playing some good defence towards the end of the season and that is not an easy stadium to play in</P>

imo, traps games are a bad cliche ... it's really more about parity than traps ... it's also about youth ... the NFL is a young mans game, but younger players are more prone to mistakes than veterans</P>

and always remember more games are lost in the NFL than won</P>

yoeddy
03-26-2012, 01:29 PM
Name at least 5 to 10 games that were trap games or games you thought that were an easy win and you guys lost. Can you guys think of any off hand? It seems like the Packers have at least a couple games a year where they lose to a lesser team like the Chiefs for example.

After all of these years, I've learned never to expect an "easy win" with the Giants...if it happens, great...but I never go into a game thinking that it will be easy....have had my heart broken too many times...

Kase-1
03-26-2012, 01:32 PM
that game against Cleveland in 2008 comes to mind almost immediately. My god was that embarrassing.That was the last game that I EVER sat at a table in the bar that I watch every game (that im not in the stands) at... Needless to say 4 of us have NEVER sat at a table during Giants games since 08, LOL

SweetZombieJesus
03-26-2012, 02:31 PM
I have to say that if there is one team that has had our number, and I mean REALLY had our number. It has been the Saint. They are to the Giants, what the Giants are to the Patriots. Don't know why, but it certainly is a frustrating time playing them... it is as if our secondary just can't show up against them, and our offense just comes short of keeping up. Some bad mojo going when we play them... perhaps it's a voodoo curse on Eli for playing against his hometown team.

Well I think we whooped 'em in that "Saints home game" at Giants Stadium after Katrina in 2005 and we've been cursed against them ever since. Lost against them in 06, 09, 11, all blowouts.

Lambeau12
03-26-2012, 03:05 PM
It felt great to beat the Saints last season for us in week 1 at Lambeau. Stuffed them at the goal line. Their very tough to beat down there in the superdome. I think if the Giants played the saints in New York you guys would give them all they can handle.