PDA

View Full Version : EAGLES STILL WORKING TO TRADE ASANTE SAMUEL

RoanokeFan
03-25-2012, 01:25 PM
EAGLES STILL WORKING TO TRADE ASANTE SAMUEL (http://www.theredzone.org/BlogDescription/tabid/61/EntryId/25100/Eagles-still-working-to-trade-Asante-Samuel/Default.aspx)

"Despite a few potential obstacles, the Eagles will try to trade Asante Samuel
before April's draft according to Jeff McLane of the <a href="http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/20120325_Eagles_have_Samuel_on_the_trading_block.h tml">Philadelphia
Inquirer</a>.

The cornerback is 31 and due to earn $9.5 million next season, so it's
unlikely they'll get anything close to what they would have had last August in a
near-complete swap with the Detroit Lions.</p>

The Eagles won't likely publicize their interest in dealing Samuel, who
blasted the front office last October when rumors surfaced that he was on the
market before the trade deadline. The four-time Pro Bowl corner knew he was
dangling as far back as training camp, however.</p>

In fact, he was part of the process after the Eagles and Lions agreed to an
exchange that would have netted the Birds two second-day draft picks. That deal,
though, fell apart for reasons other than draft compensation.

Despite the
difficulties in dealing Samuel, he is a proven corner and one of the best
pickoff artists in the game. There will be a market for such a player in today's
pass-happy NFL."</p>

THE_New_York_Giants
03-25-2012, 01:34 PM
Is it just a cap thing?

gmen0820
03-25-2012, 01:48 PM
Is it just a cap thing?No, he is a scheme killer for them.

Cap is certainly part of the issue though.

NYGRealityCheck
03-25-2012, 02:53 PM
I'm just uncomfortable with the ability of the Eagles to rip off desperate teams in a trade.

Some stupid team will probably give away a first round draft pick at least.

THE_New_York_Giants
03-25-2012, 03:00 PM
I'm just uncomfortable with the ability of the Eagles to rip off desperate teams in a trade.

Some stupid team will probably give away a first round draft pick at least.
A first, a second, a third and a trillion dollars. At least that's what it seems like the Eagles get whenever they make a trade.

Flip Empty
03-26-2012, 11:09 AM
I'm waiting for the "Why don't we trade for Asante Samuel?????" thread to pop up.

Anyway, that hefty salary will make him tough to shift.

Morehead State
03-26-2012, 11:16 AM
I'm just uncomfortable with the ability of the Eagles to rip off desperate teams in a trade. Some stupid team will probably give away a first round draft pick at least.</P>

And yet they keep not winning.</P>

jhamburg
03-26-2012, 12:04 PM

how so...

NYGRealityCheck
03-26-2012, 06:31 PM
I'm just uncomfortable with the ability of the Eagles to rip off desperate teams in a trade. Some stupid team will probably give away a first round draft pick at least.</P>

And yet they keep not winning.</P>

granted they never win the Superbowl and aren't a threat to win it, but they're a divison threat and have knocked out the Giants in the playoffs or out of the playoffs race a couple of times. How soon did we forget the 0-7 matchup losses which got finally put to an end this past season? They can be an annoying speed bump sometimes...

NYGRealityCheck
04-21-2012, 02:06 AM
The Eagles are indeed trying to trade Samuels. Looks like they couldn't rip anyone off.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82877807/article/report-eagles-willing-to-trade-samuel-for-5th-or-6th?module=HP11_headline_stack

And just to answer a future question that just might be asked...

No, the Giants are not going to trade their 6th round pick for Samuels. Simple because he is due $9.4 million dollar base salary in 2012.

gmen0820
04-21-2012, 10:39 AM

how so...He is an off zone corner while everyone else is a press man corner, and he can't play the slot corner.

If they cut him, it's addition by subtraction. Save money, put Aso and DRC on the outside and Hansen in the slot. Guys will then be in their natural positions. DRC and Aso are not slot corners, and while capable of it, they don't excel in off zone.

Flip Empty
04-21-2012, 12:33 PM
I'm waiting for the "Why don't we trade for Asante Samuel?????" thread to pop up.

Anyway, that hefty salary will make him tough to shift.
Oh hey, I called it a month early haha