PDA

View Full Version : Thank you God for making me a New York Giants fan

NYG4lifeNYK
03-26-2012, 02:47 PM
I feel like the luckiest guy in the world listening to this Jets hoopla [:D]

ryan12
03-26-2012, 02:55 PM
amen i thought of that listening to wfan on my way to work this morning. giants are of of the best ran teams in all of sports

Kase-1
03-26-2012, 02:58 PM
Im so happy that my Uncle Mike made sure I was a Giants fan from the start, Im so proud to be a Life-Long Giants fan and I make sure all of my nieces and nephews are Die-Hard Giants fans as well. We're part of the best run franchise in all of sports and it feels GREAT!!!!

R.I.P. Uncle Mike

NYG4lifeNYK
03-26-2012, 03:05 PM
Im so happy that my Uncle Mike made sure I was a Giants fan from the start, Im so proud to be a Life-Long Giants fan and I make sure all of my nieces and nephews are Die-Hard Giants fans as well. We're part of the best run franchise in all of sports and it feels GREAT!!!!

R.I.P. Uncle Mike

[B]

NYG4ME
03-26-2012, 03:13 PM
Great thread, not because of the Jets hoopla, but because our organization is first class all the way!

G-Man67
03-26-2012, 03:15 PM
</P>

you sound like Tebow now [;)]</P>

Bohemian
03-26-2012, 03:23 PM
In God not so much, but I am all in with the Giants!

I really because a Giants' fan due to a challenge from a friend who asked me whom I liked to win Super Bowl XXI. At the time, I did not know a thing about football, as I was a young man in the Caribbean playing baseball every single day, but I did find my friends' Sports Illustrated magazines cool. There were pictures of this athletes who looked like gladiators one an overly marked field while playing with a weird shaped ball. I kind of liked the aesthetics of it all, so I started to ask questions about it. He was the rich type, so he traveled a lot to Miami and had some exposure to the game. He seemed to like the Broncos, as he was wearing the most ridiculous orange and blue with the letter 'D' on the front. I asked him about the colours he was wearing, and he told me that they were the favorites in the Super Bowl. I asked about the opposing team, to which he replied 'the Giants'... so I asked him if he had magazines with the Giants on it, and he pulled some SI mag with LT on it... and then and there I decided that they were my new team. I never got to watch Super Bowl XXI, but I did learn about the victory from my friend, who was not happy at all that I had picked them. I guess that it was divine providence that led me here :)

NYG4lifeNYK
03-26-2012, 03:24 PM
</p>

you sound like Tebow now [;)]</p>

Hahaha [:)]

lttaylor56
03-26-2012, 04:17 PM
</p>

you sound like Tebow now [;)]</p>

Hahaha [:)]
+1--We are the fans of the best team in the land, bar none.

Morehead State
03-26-2012, 04:27 PM
</P>

I wonder how long you would have lasted in the 70's.</P>

NYG4lifeNYK
03-26-2012, 04:28 PM
</p>

I wonder how long you would have lasted in the 70's.</p>

I'm a die hard Knicks fan as well [:)]

Morehead State
03-26-2012, 04:30 PM
</P>

</P>

The current Knicks are champions compared to the Giants of the 70's.</P>

NYG4lifeNYK
03-26-2012, 04:36 PM
</p>

</p>

The current Knicks are champions compared to the Giants of the 70's.</p>

The current sure.... not the past decade ++ lol

CTLadyBlue
03-26-2012, 04:53 PM
</P>

I can top that - my very first Giants game I ever watched was the end of the now infamous 'Miracle In The Meadowlands'. I've been a Giants fan ever since. Why? Because the following week when I saw my dad in his chair, Sunday, 1pm, Channel 2 getting ready for the game, I asked how on earth could he watch that team after what they did the previous week. Thus, I received a speech on loyalty and not being a fair weather fan. You support your team even if they blew the game with the lead and 38 seconds left.

My dad is now 84, living in FL and I call him every Sunday after the game. Being a fan back when they were the poster child for pathetic makes me appreciate them all the more

pino
03-26-2012, 06:03 PM
You're welcome, my child.

BlueBlitzer
03-26-2012, 07:10 PM
You're welcome, my child.

Not Funny

tikiandphil
03-26-2012, 07:13 PM
AMEN, Thanks Dad.

giantyankee1976
03-26-2012, 07:37 PM
</p>

LOL, it hurts so good brah

Morehead State
03-26-2012, 08:17 PM
</P>

I can top that - my very first Giants game I ever watched was the end of the now infamous 'Miracle In The Meadowlands'. I've been a Giants fan ever since. Why? Because the following week when I saw my dad in his chair, Sunday, 1pm, Channel 2 getting ready for the game, I asked how on earth could he watch that team after what they did the previous week. Thus, I received a speech on loyalty and not being a fair weather fan. You support your team even if they blew the game with the lead and 38 seconds left. My dad is now 84, living in FL and I call him every Sunday after the game. Being a fan back when they were the poster child for pathetic makes me appreciate them all the more</P>

I started as a Giants fan when I was 8 years old. Our first playoff appearance happened when I was married and had 2 children of my own.</P>

If you started in 78 then it was only 3 years until we beat the Eagles in our first playoff game.</P>

Meanhothead
03-27-2012, 01:33 AM
I didn't know I had a choice, I was born into NYG fan hood.

I'm 3rd generation, and my kid is being weened on NYG.

I've had it a lot easier than my dad had it weening me. At 6 years old my kid has witness 2 Championships.

When I was 6 years old, it was 1974 . . . Wasn't much to cheer about.

Bohemian
03-27-2012, 01:53 AM
</p>

I can top that - my very first Giants game I ever watched was the end of the now infamous 'Miracle In The Meadowlands'. I've been a Giants fan ever since. Why? Because the following week when I saw my dad in his chair, Sunday, 1pm, Channel 2 getting ready for the game, I asked how on earth could he watch that team after what they did the previous week. Thus, I received a speech on loyalty and not being a fair weather fan. You support your team even if they blew the game with the lead and 38 seconds left.

My dad is now 84, living in FL and I call him every Sunday after the game. Being a fan back when they were the poster child for pathetic makes me appreciate them all the more

cool story.

giantyankee1976
03-27-2012, 08:42 AM

that is beyond cool !!!

SweetZombieJesus
03-27-2012, 11:23 AM
</p>

Both teams sucked in the 1970s. Back then I remember both teams were jokes and everybody picked the Steelers, Cowboys, or Raiders.

The Giants brought in splashy quick-fixes in an attempt to turn the ship around (Fran Tarkenton, Larry Czonka, etc.). It didn't work.

The Giants turned the corner in 1979 and changed philosophies, and that is still the foundation of the franchise in 2012. The Jets are still stuck in that dark place digging their holes deeper.

Morehead State
03-27-2012, 11:37 AM
</P>

Both teams sucked in the 1970s. Back then I remember both teams were jokes and everybody picked the Steelers, Cowboys, or Raiders.

The Giants brought in splashy quick-fixes in an attempt to turn the ship around (Fran Tarkenton, Larry Czonka, etc.). It didn't work.

The Giants turned the corner in 1979 and changed philosophies, and that is still the foundation of the franchise in 2012. The Jets are still stuck in that dark place digging their holes deeper.
</P>

Actually I thought the team was OK with Tarkenton. especially when Ron Johnson was healthy. It was really the post-Fran era in the 70's that was a nightmare. After the 8-6 season in 72 we had one of the worst stretches in NFL history which came to a head with the Miracle in the Meadowlands play.</P>

It was then that Pete Rozelle essentially forced Mr. Mara to hire George Young. Then we drafted Phil and it was off to the races at that point. But 73 through80 were dark. But a fumble by Tony Dorsett changed the Giants direction completely.</P>