PDA

View Full Version : Bill Parcells Asked to Step In for Sean Payton as HC of the Saints

hungrrrry
03-26-2012, 02:46 PM
As per rotoworld...

Saints Offense - TM - Saints ESPN reports soon-to-be suspended Saints coach Sean Payton has approached Bill Parcells about filling in for him for the 2012 season.
There would be a number of stumbling blocks to the Saints making one of the greatest coaches in league history the greatest interim coach in league history, but the possibility should not be dismissed. Known for never staying in one place for too long, Parcells would be inheriting a readymade Super Bowl contender, and get one last chance to earn a third championship that proved surprisingly elusive after he left the Giants in 1990. Parcells, who was Payton's boss from 2003-05 in Dallas, last coached in 2006.
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter Mar 26 - 12:46 PM

and...

Saints Offense - TM - Saints FOX Sports' Jay Glazer reports that Sean Payton will meet with Bill Parcells in Florida this week to gauge Parcells' interest in the Saints' 2012 head-coaching job.
Talks appear to be on the verge of becoming serious. NFL Network's Jason La Canfora considers the Parcells-Saints match "unlikely," but Payton certainly seems to be interested. If Parcells were hired, it would push back his Hall of Fame eligibility by five more years. He's been out of coaching since 2006.
Source: Jay Glazer on Twitter Mar 26 - 2:22 PM

http://rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football

I don't expect alot from this but ya never know...Bill did not employ a similar offense as Payton

G-Man67
03-26-2012, 02:55 PM
ha, very intertesting ... i could see Bill going for this ... when else would you get an opportunity to take onelast shot at a Super Bowl? ... his family might talk him out of it though</P>

hmmm and then u think about a Bill Cowher ... he could use the excuse of wanting to see if he still has the fire to be a head coach again</P>

you know i heard Greeney going ... death sentence for Saints and i thought he was crazy to say that b/c Brees is great and that dome is such a home field advantage ... but now you have this angle ... everyone knows the plays ... now get a big time motivator in there to keep everyone in line and fired up to win</P>

Pksoze
03-26-2012, 02:58 PM
I was ready to write off New Orleans. If Bill Parcells comes back though they're a major threat. And as big of a deal as the Hall of Fame is...Bill might think a third Super Bowl is a bigger deal. Man what a crazy off season.

lttaylor56
03-26-2012, 03:16 PM
I thought Spags was going to be moved into the head coach spot with an instant field promotion. Even though, I think Spags wants to go back to his forte-defense.

Imagine Parcells as head coach, with Spags as Def Co-ordinator= Watchout for that Defense.

buffyblue
03-26-2012, 03:18 PM
If Bill Parcells were to go to New Orleans Saints as interim HC and had success which he should because they are a super talented team and it came time to give the reins back to Sean Payton after the season, Bill Parcells would throw a hissy fit.

There is no way that if he takes over for a year that he can be trusted to not try his usual shenanigans when it is time to leave. I kind of hope the New Orleans Saints do get him because he would cause turmoil over there.

alau53
03-26-2012, 03:58 PM
sean payton knows the saints are loaded and any guy could win with that loaded team..he's afraid that if spags does super the owner benson nite want to clean house of bountygate..by asking parcells payton can say he was responsible for the saints success

burier
03-26-2012, 04:28 PM
If Bill Parcells were to go to New Orleans Saints as interim HC and had success which he should because they are a super talented team and it came time to give the reins back to Sean Payton after the season, Bill Parcells would throw a hissy fit. There is no way that if he takes over for a year that he can be trusted to not try his usual shenanigans when it is time to leave. I kind of hope the New Orleans Saints do get him because he would cause turmoil over there.</P>

If Parcells has success and the Saints won't want to remove him so it would be non-issue</P>