PDA

View Full Version : The Giants Rock!

Rockkky
03-26-2012, 03:51 PM
I am a die hard Steelers fan...I bleed Black and Gold...however the Giants have pulled into a tie for my admiration with the Steelers. The Giants are built as, run as and are a blue collar team much like the Steelers. Terrific work ethic, and a hard nosed, no nonsense, stoic coach in Tom Coughlin, who reminds me of Chuck Noll of Pittsburgh's Glory days in the 70s. New York has in its quarter back, Eli, the embodiment of a disciplined methodical approach with a 60 minute mindset that doesn't allow him to take a fall until the final whistle has sounded.
I just want to offer a hearty congratulations to the whole organization which has managed to stymie the vaunted if arrogant Patriots in two Super Bowls in recent years. And you managed to do it without all of the hype and bravado that has become all too evident in playoff bound teams in these past several years.
My hat is off to all of you men. You have indeed become one of the dynasties in the NFL. May your success continue well into the future. I personally look forward to following your route to glory each year as closely I will my beloved Steelers.
Thanks for allowing an outsider to speak up. Know that I hold the Giants dear to my heart, yes as dear as the Steelers!

Rocky

Roxersboxers
03-26-2012, 03:55 PM
Much appreciated

wolfie
03-26-2012, 04:01 PM
Thanks, Rocky.</P>

I just wonder how you'll feel when we beat your Steelers to win the Super Bowl.</P>

jjj45
03-26-2012, 04:09 PM
thanks Rock,

very true, both teams are mere images of each other and are run the right way. I believe the Steelers will be back in full force this year. Hopefully both our teams can avoid as many injuries as possible.

nygsb42champs
03-26-2012, 04:13 PM
Thanks and welcome aboard.

FBomb
03-26-2012, 04:15 PM
Hey Rocky, watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.......[;)]</P>

</P>

thx....been a fan of the Steelers since they beat the Girls in the SB....... oh so many years ago.</P>

GameTime
03-26-2012, 04:16 PM
Thanks for the props. When Big Blue isn't involved I can dig me some Black and Gold for sure.</P>

BornBrooklyn
03-26-2012, 07:07 PM
Aren't the Giants & Steelers linked in NFL history other than Rooney Mara?

poppa smurph
03-26-2012, 07:19 PM
nice post rockkk
I like the steelers, but my wife won't let me cheer for them in the house or in front of the kids,lol
what was your opinion on Ben getting up in arms about not having been contacted by Haley?

miked1958
03-26-2012, 11:03 PM
We need to pick up a few more SB titles prior to the Steelers gettin to 7.

Then we can play them sometime down the road at 6 apiece going for the first team to 7 Titles...

Hey I can dream

JJC7301
03-26-2012, 11:14 PM
Thanks for the great post. The Steelers are one of my back-up teams. You guys are clearly one of the top teams year in and year out.

Giantluvr1
03-27-2012, 09:26 AM
Coming from a fan of one of the most heralded football organizations ever, this really means a lot! 6 Super Bowl rings and countless great seasons makes the Steelers by far the greatest. That being said, I bleed BLUE!! Thanks to you and good luck in next year's campaign!

LT_was_good
03-27-2012, 09:47 AM
I have a lot of respect for the organizations that are run similarly to the Giants (Steelers, Pack). Are those the only 3 franchises still holding down the fort with no cheerleaders? Makes me proud to be a Giants fan.

Spedracer
03-27-2012, 12:04 PM
Steelers and the Giants are both teams with stellar ownership and storied histories.

Being from Central PA, there is definitely a 50 50 split between Steeler fans and Eagle fans in my area. Both fan bases have similar bravado, but at least Steeler fans have a reason.

jjj45
03-27-2012, 12:05 PM
I have a lot of respect for the organizations that are run similarly to the Giants (Steelers, Pack). Are those the only 3 franchises still holding down the fort with no cheerleaders? Makes me proud to be a Giants fan.
Well I believe the packers technically do have cheerleaders. I think they are from the local highschools or something like that.

SweetZombieJesus
03-27-2012, 03:21 PM
Lots of mutual admiration between these two old-school franchises... Even intermingling of the Rooney and Mara families.

Both are well run and build through the draft.

Maybe some day we'll lock horns in the big game.

SweetZombieJesus
03-27-2012, 03:25 PM
Coming from a fan of one of the most heralded football organizations ever, this really means a lot! 6 Super Bowl rings and countless great seasons makes the Steelers by far the greatest. That being said, I bleed BLUE!! Thanks to you and good luck in next year's campaign!

I'm an admirer of the Steelers but I have to set the record straight, the best organization in the NFL over time is the Packers -- 13 championships, the only team to win 3 in a row, and the great Vince Lombardi.

The Steelers were a laughing stock for their first 40 years, they didn't make the playoffs ONCE in that time frame while the Giants were in the championship game 16 times. But since then they've arguably been the best run in the league. They and the Cowboys lead the league with 8 Super Bowl appearances.