PDA

View Full Version : Mock Draft.......3.26

Shockeyitus
03-26-2012, 04:44 PM
Post Combine... Post FA surge.....

Round 1 - Donta Hightower - ILB, Bama.... Kuechly will not be there and I have heard a few Baltimore fans say the consensus in MD is that they are looking at Peter Konz G/C prospect from Wisconsin. Giants could make a huge splash with a pick up like Hightower.

Round 2 - Chandler Jones - DE, Syracuse... his hype has fallen a little, but the kid is extremely talented. Built like JPP and likes to run down the ball carrier. I will not surprised to see him available at #64.

Round 3 - Michael Egnew - TE, Missouri.... probably the most polished TE prospect outside of Fleener. His production may have fell off this year, due to Gabbert leaving for the NFL, but this kid is a solid looking NFL TE.

Round 4 - Desmond Wynn - OG, Rutgers... Giants got a chance to watch this kid a lot. He is an underrated prospect that does really well in the run-game. He could also be a solid back up at C.

Round 5 - Vick Ballard - RB, Miss. State... another underrated prospect that played extremely well in an ultra tough SEC conference. He was the entire offense for Miss. State after transferring from a JUCO school.

Round 6 - DeVier Posey - WR, Ohio State....Big time talent that will fall due to his suspension this past season. He is a legit "stretch the field" playmaker and he could push Barden and Jernigan to work harder.

Round 7 - Coty Sensabaugh, CB, Clemson... I watched this kid at the combine and he was smooth. Good hip movement and good speed. Could be a project to work with, but in Round 7 everyone is a crap shoot.

Spizi
03-26-2012, 04:55 PM
no one in md knows what the consensus is... and secondly Egnew the most polished TE behind Fleener?! He almost NEVER line up as a TE. He was basically a WR at Missouri.

XxBigWhitxX
03-26-2012, 05:01 PM
*Applauds* very well done sir I tip my hat to you.

nycsportzfan
03-26-2012, 05:11 PM
Post Combine... Post FA surge..... Round 1 - Donta Hightower - ILB, Bama.... Kuechly will not be there and I have heard a few Baltimore fans say the consensus in MD is that they are looking at Peter Konz G/C prospect from Wisconsin. Giants could make a huge splash with a pick up like Hightower. Round 2 - Chandler Jones - DE, Syracuse... his hype has fallen a little, but the kid is extremely talented. Built like JPP and likes to run down the ball carrier. I will not surprised to see him available at #64. Round 3 - Michael Egnew - TE, Missouri.... probably the most polished TE prospect outside of Fleener. His production may have fell off this year, due to Gabbert leaving for the NFL, but this kid is a solid looking NFL TE. Round 4 - Desmond Wynn - OG, Rutgers... Giants got a chance to watch this kid a lot. He is an underrated prospect that does really well in the run-game. He could also be a solid back up at C. Round 5 - Vick Ballard - RB, Miss. State... another underrated prospect that played extremely well in an ultra tough SEC conference. He was the entire offense for Miss. State after transferring from a JUCO school. Round 6 - DeVier Posey - WR, Ohio State....Big time talent that will fall due to his suspension this past season. He is a legit "stretch the field" playmaker and he could push Barden and Jernigan to work harder. Round 7 - Coty Sensabaugh, CB, Clemson... I watched this kid at the combine and he was smooth. Good hip movement and good speed. Could be a project to work with, but in Round 7 everyone is a crap shoot. Some of it i like, and some i don't care for.. Hightower is a guy i wonder what his positon would be with us, weather its plaing inside or outside, and is he more of a 3/4 guy? I would be excited to see though! </P>

Chandler Jones upside intrigues me, and i realize the need at DE unlike some, becuase OSI and Tuck are aging, and Tollefson is all but gone, and Tuck seems to be injured or missing a bit of time more as the yrs go on...</P>

I like Egnew more then most, all though, i am nervous about mizzo TE's, with the non-success they've had over the past few yrs, meaning Rucker and Coffman...</P>

Wynn is very underrated and i like the pick, if it is to come into fruition..</P>

I'm also a big Vick Ballard fan, so i obviously like the pick.. Hes a power back who can catch the ball, and has just enough wiggle...</P>

Posey has upside, and could of been much higher pick if he produced and wasen't suspended most of last season, and i have no problem with the pick...</P>

Sensabaugh is ok, and i woulden't mind being a 7th rder.. I like Tysyn Hartman and Sean Cattouse better though...</P>

TuckYou
03-26-2012, 05:58 PM
You copied my first 2 picks.

lawl
03-26-2012, 06:55 PM
Zero interest in hightower.

Shockeyitus
03-26-2012, 09:22 PM

zero interest? If you can follow up with more details as to why, that would be great.

lawl
03-26-2012, 09:33 PM

zero interest? If you can follow up with more details as to why, that would be great.

If you're a linebacker that can't flip your hips and run with a tight end then you're useless to this team

Shockeyitus
03-26-2012, 09:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKBjc1PFvkI

This kid is just over 6'2" and 265 pounds and he ran a 4.68 at the combine.. He may be carrying a little too much weight and could benefit if he lost 10 pounds. If you watch videos of this kid you see him directing traffic all over the field and doing a great job in coverage. Every linebacker gets burned once in a while, but his kid can run with/down receivers. He is a perfect fit to anchor Big Blue's defense!

lawl
03-26-2012, 09:43 PM
A 2 down linebacker isn't worth a first round pick.

heavyhitter
03-26-2012, 09:46 PM

zero interest? If you can follow up with more details as to why, that would be great.Bama ran a 34 D, Hightower will go to a 34 team IMO. Might be able to play in a 4-3, but I think he's a better fit in a 34. Had a pretty serious knee injury back in "09" as well, so I'd be concerned. As far as talent though, it's all there for Hightower.

heavyhitter
03-26-2012, 09:47 PM

If you're a linebacker that can't flip your hips and run with a tight end then you're useless to this team+1, Doesn't Josh Robinson have his Pro Day on Wednesday?

heavyhitter
03-26-2012, 10:56 PM

zero interest? If you can follow up with more details as to why, that would be great.Bama ran a 34 D, Hightower will go to a 34 team IMO. Might be able to play in a 4-3, but I think he's a better fit in a 34. Had a pretty serious knee injury back in "09" as well, so I'd be concerned. As far as talent though, it's all there for Hightower.
<h3 class="headline">First Draft: Dont'a Hightower (http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-first-draft/09000d5d827c567b/First-Draft-Dont-a-Hightower)</h3>

critters
03-27-2012, 11:11 AM
Goes without saying, but I love it. My 1-3 is exactly the same... as is picking up Vick Ballard.

Kruunch
03-27-2012, 01:30 PM

+1

We have a bajillion LBers right now on the roster and depth at every LB position.

AND people screaming for Blackburn to come back.

As for the other picks, I think they're a bit out of order in priority to position and most I don't like. Chandler Jones is decent personel (not great in my mind) but if we go DE this year I think it ends up being a project player farther down the boards.

We need an OG less then we need an OT.

Egenew is not as "polished" as Fleener, Allen, Green or Charles and only marginally moreso then guys like Provo. He's a project TE who's risen in the draft on unusually high measurables in the Combine. No way I draft him at #3.

The Posey kid I could get behind.

critters
03-27-2012, 05:12 PM
I have other TEs ranked higher than Egnew, but I think they'll all be gone by our 3rd pick, so I don't mind Egnew at 3. I had him mocked in the 4th, but his stock seems to be on the rise. I'll take Egnew over Green.

JR was just recently asked about who would play MIKE if the season started tomorrow and he said they aren't sure because there a few guys they like. He mentioned Greg Jones and Herzlich as guys they are high on. If it comes down to them at MLB, until one of them proves me wrong I will consider us MAJORLY lacking at MLB. This would all be assuming Goff is gone. I am a Boley fan though and JR seems to think he could be a possibility. Demario Davis is a guy I like in a late round that can play middle or outside.

Agree that we need OT more than OG.