PDA

View Full Version : James brewer

lawl
03-26-2012, 08:30 PM
Who thinks this kid is ready to start? And why?...and vice versa.

Based on the nothing I know about him. My argument is this. He's young, so let's see what he's got. And secondly, is it possible that he's worse than kmac or Diehl? Pretty low possibility on that one.

gmen0820
03-26-2012, 08:46 PM
Do I think he is ready? No. I saw him as a 3 year prospect as I saw Beatty. So he is still at least 1 and ideally 2 years away.

Can he be any worse than what we had last year? I don't think so. Like you said, that is tough to accomplish.

Neverend
03-26-2012, 08:47 PM
Wasn't much of a fan of his. He's got freakishly long arms, big hands, great size, agile feet, etc. He's physically very gifted and talented.

Not a fan of his on the field tape. Doesn't seem to be a great technician as he is rather sloppy, doesn't have great hip explosion/burst off the ball as a run blocker, and is a little fineese.

He's got some potential if he can put it all together. He is definitely an upgrade athletically over diehl, but he will struggle with his technique early in the NFL and could look absolutely lost against savvy, experienced vets that will toy with him or with physical power rushers. His lack of consistent technique with his footwork and such will hurt as well vs speed

We'll see how he does with the offseason programs and camps. If he takes the right step in his technique and not make mistakes on the field, he could challenge for a starting role. But my gut tells me he's a backup for another year or two

Juanito
03-26-2012, 08:48 PM
He was very raw coming out and had had injury problems.

Hes physical tremendous though. 6, 6, 323 lbs, runs a 5.21 forty which is very good for a guy of his size and has 35 length arms, which is very good. I think he could easily start at right tackle. Plus whenever healthy in college he was always starting.

jomo
03-26-2012, 08:48 PM
I am happy to hear about the kid from others who know something about him but the fact that he is young means nothing and while I'd like to hope he is better than both Diehl and Kmac, I want some meat behind that argument.

Kruunch
03-26-2012, 08:51 PM

Based on the nothing I know about him. My argument is this. He's young, so let's see what he's got. And secondly, is it possible that he's worse than kmac or Diehl? Pretty low possibility on that one.

The fact that the Giants have mentioned or shown boo about this guy up until now worries me.

But Reese stated that they felt they thought he was ready to replace KM. He has awesome size and athletics ... he was just a bit raw at draft day.

Chances are we see Diehl in at RT to start the season and will possibly see Brewer sub in for him on occasion.

Who and where we draft at OG/OT in the draft will be very telling however.

BlueSanta
03-26-2012, 09:39 PM
Since he hasnt played in a game, and nobody here attends practices, its fair to say any comments about his "readiness" to contribute are 100% guesswork.

We have to trust the coaches on this.

Itlan
03-26-2012, 10:07 PM
Trial by fire imo.

Martyr
03-26-2012, 10:26 PM
Since he hasnt played in a game, and nobody here attends practices, its fair to say any comments about his "readiness" to contribute are 100% guesswork.

</P>

Agreed, I dont think he's even dressed for a game yet, wonder what he'll show this preseason</P>

Martyr
03-26-2012, 10:28 PM

</P>

Agreed, I dont think he's even dressed for a game yet, wonder what he'll show this preseason</P>

jhamburg
03-27-2012, 12:01 AM

The fact that the Giants have mentioned or shown boo about this guy up until now worries me.

Eh, that's been pretty standard for the mid-round picks. Manningham, Goff, Joseph, Petrus, didn't really hear from them their rookie years and then they stepped up when it was their time.

Shockeyitus
03-27-2012, 12:07 AM
He was very raw coming out and had had injury problems.

Hes physical tremendous though. 6, 6, 323 lbs, runs a 5.21 forty which is very good for a guy of his size and has 35 length arms, which is very good. I think he could easily start at right tackle. Plus whenever healthy in college he was always starting.

Dude.. He played at Indiana. Not exactly a football powerhouse, so giving him props for starting when healthy isn't saying much. They were probably just happy to get a guy over 6'4".

JJC7301
03-27-2012, 12:21 AM
I have no idea if he's ready to start, but I've read quite a few times that the FO is very high on him.

I do sincerely hope that we draft a couple of o-linemen to bring in some more talent, competition, and depth.