PDA

View Full Version : People feel our SB Win meant nothing?

DIPSET_ALL_DAY
03-27-2012, 06:34 AM
I was reading the article yesterday on Mara sorta mocking the Jets about Tebow's conference. I go to look at the comments and the top most recent comment, (obvious Jets fan) said that Mara is obviously jealous of the Jets because they he hasn't improved his team, that the Jets go out and get big names and that our SB win meant nothing to anyone.

People really think this?

Mercury
03-27-2012, 07:50 AM
No, he's just bitter and jealous. SB win means we are champs and as always #1 in NY.

nygsb42champs
03-27-2012, 07:59 AM
No. He is just a moron.

BigBlue1971
03-27-2012, 08:19 AM
I was reading the article yesterday on Mara sorta mocking the Jets about Tebow's conference. I go to look at the comments and the top most recent comment, (obvious Jets fan) said that Mara is obviously jealous of the Jets because they he hasn't improved his team, that the Jets go out and get big names and that our SB win meant nothing to anyone. People really think this?</P>

</P>

forget the Jets! they are just like their owner and coach....losers!</P>

JimC
03-27-2012, 08:28 AM
I was reading the article yesterday on Mara sorta mocking the Jets about Tebow's conference. I go to look at the comments and the top most recent comment, (obvious Jets fan) said that Mara is obviously jealous of the Jets because they he hasn't improved his team, that the Jets go out and get big names and that our SB win meant nothing to anyone.

And this is what you meant by people? Shouldn't it be person?

Diamondring
03-27-2012, 09:27 AM
No. He is just a moron.You are so right.

LT_was_good
03-27-2012, 09:41 AM
It probably didn't mean much to a Jets fan. When the Packers, Steelers, and Saints won recently it didn't mean anything to me. As a Giants fan, it meant A LOT to me when the Giants won it.

ebick
03-27-2012, 09:41 AM

Jets fans are people? News to me.

Drez
03-27-2012, 10:02 AM
You have to remember that unless that Jets fan is 70 he doesn't know what it's like to win a SB, so to him our win or any other team's win is meaningless, as he has no reference to how it feels to win one. He has to settle for being offseason champs, because his franchise never will be the post season one.

SweetZombieJesus
03-27-2012, 10:11 AM
It just shows the idiotic mental sickness of Jets fans. They live for the splash. Championships, not so much.

It's ALWAYS been the jealousy angle. See, look, you're jealous of US. See! See!

blueomaha
03-27-2012, 10:17 AM
defending super bowl champs sounds great to me...

Pksoze
03-27-2012, 10:28 AM
Trust me our win meant a lot to those clowns. This Tebow thing is nothing but a publicity stunt because they rather win the back pages than the SB.

Kase-1
03-27-2012, 10:36 AM
Even that clown Carton admitted that we win titles, and they win the media headlines.... Ill take that ANY DAY OF THE WEEK

GIANTfaninFL
03-27-2012, 10:39 AM
Even that clown Carton admitted that we win titles, and they win the media headlines.... Ill take that ANY DAY OF THE WEEK

hell yeah

SweetZombieJesus
03-27-2012, 10:45 AM
Trust me our win meant a lot to those clowns. This Tebow thing is nothing but a publicity stunt because they rather win the back pages than the SB.

Francessa said it best, paraphrased: "After all the talk of the Jets being the better team, the Giants winning the Super Bowl was a shot to the solar plexus of the Jets organization."

lttaylor56
03-27-2012, 11:53 AM

Francessa said it best, paraphrased:* "After all the talk of the Jets being the better team, the Giants winning the Super Bowl was a shot to the solar plexus of the Jets organization."
Yep--A shot to take the wind right outa ya!! Like Tuck said at the SB Rally.." we all know who's house this is" The Jet's are visitors in OUR stadium.

jjj45
03-27-2012, 12:15 PM
Yep--A shot to take the wind right outa ya!! Like Tuck said at the SB Rally.." we all know who's house this is" The Jet's are visitors in OUR stadium.Here's a little thread for all of you to enjoy:

http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=241464

G-Men Surg.
03-27-2012, 12:32 PM
I was reading the article yesterday on Mara sorta mocking the Jets about Tebow's conference. I go to look at the comments and the top most recent comment, (obvious Jets fan) said that Mara is obviously jealous of the Jets because they he hasn't improved his team, that the Jets go out and get big names and that our SB win meant nothing to anyone. People really think this?</P>

*</P>

forget the Jets!* they are just like their owner and coach....losers!</P>

Manish Mehta ? @TheJetsStream Close
Rex Ryan: "We want what the Giants got." #nfl
Retweeted by Ralph Vacchiano

Enough said !

jimsgints
03-27-2012, 12:33 PM
Awww... The jelous younger brother or in this case the younger sister.

ryan12
03-27-2012, 01:41 PM

hell yeah

true that

RoanokeFan
03-27-2012, 01:52 PM

Why do we even care?

MikeIsaGiant
03-27-2012, 02:07 PM
Didn't know "SB" or "Super Bowl" was in the Jets' vocabulary

NWKEffectElement
03-27-2012, 02:12 PM
It just shows the idiotic mental sickness of Jets fans.* They live for the splash.* Championships, not so much.

It's ALWAYS been the jealousy angle.* See, look, you're jealous of US.* See!* See!

This is funny because last year during the offseason plenty(I lived in Philly for a year and a half)of Eagles fans were saying that we were jealous. I found that to be the most ridulious thing.

TrueBlue@NYC
03-27-2012, 02:16 PM
Trust me our win meant a lot to those clowns. This Tebow thing is nothing but a publicity stunt because they rather win the back pages than the SB.</P>

It's not that they'd RATHER win the back pages than the SB, it's that they CAN'T win the SB so they resort to winning the back pages as their only consolation. </P>

titwio
03-27-2012, 02:43 PM
The Giants Super Bowl DOES mean nothing.

Haven't you heard...PEYTON signed with the BRONCOS and...TEBOW signed with the JETS :P

/red

chasjay
03-27-2012, 03:00 PM
Nobody with any interest in the NFL will honestly say that.

Before the start of any season, you can ask every NFL front office worker; every NFL coach, trainer or equipment worker; every NFL player; every NFL fan; and on and on through the hot dog vendors and the ticket takers - ask them all what their goal for the season is. We all know that the answer will start with Super and end with Bowl.

I've already wasted too many keyboard pecks on the nitwit who was quoted.

GMENAGAIN
03-27-2012, 03:01 PM
A two page thread on something a single idiotic poster said on some other site?</P>

Geez . . . the draft can't get here fast enough. </P>

</P>

sharick88
03-27-2012, 03:07 PM

It means something to us. I can care less what anyone outside of our fanbase says about our ring. People continue to ***** and moan about their teams while ours has collected hardware twice in the last 5 years. I guarantee you that there are a ton of teams that wish they had our "problems"

lttaylor56
03-27-2012, 03:16 PM
Yep--A shot to take the wind right outa ya!! Like Tuck said at the SB Rally.." we all know who's house this is" The Jet's are visitors in OUR stadium.Here's a little thread for all of you to enjoy:

http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=241464

That's the first time I've been to the Jet's forum. Jet's forum was built on the v-bulletin software. Last Year, that was the direction that this board wanted to move to with the new message boards. Does anyone know if that's still the plan?

THE_New_York_Giants
03-27-2012, 03:21 PM
In five years, people will say the Giants won the Super Bowl and not remember the dumb Jets drama. Already the only thing you hear about of 2007 is how the Giants toppled an undefeated Patriots team. You don't hear about how good that Dallas team was. The Giants are a dangerous team when they get hot down the stretch.

FBomb
03-27-2012, 06:58 PM
Ha! As I always say....."**** the Jets"

Tuckit91
03-27-2012, 07:52 PM
It probably didn't mean much to a Jets fan.* When the Packers, Steelers, and Saints won recently it didn't mean anything to me.* As a Giants fan, it meant A LOT to me when the Giants won it.

Agree and it meant a heck of a lot to me!

JJC7301
03-27-2012, 11:02 PM

The Jets can sign as many names as they want. I just want to win SBs.

I'm glad that Mara took a little slap at Johnson. We've always got to hear about his teams nonsense and how they're taking over the town.

BeatYale
03-28-2012, 12:40 PM
Nobody was even willing to give up a 2nd or 3rd round pick for Tebow. His value is high with fans and the media, but not with GM's.

Of course Jets fans are going to say stupid things. Mara was mocking the press conference because the whole notion of having one for a backup QB is wacky. It's obvious why they did it - for the media attention.

Since Rex Ryan arrived his agenda has been to re-brand the Jets and fabricate them as the better NY football team. Media attention has been a big part of his strategy.

Regardless of what Sanchez says, bringing in Tebow is just going to cause issues.

Drez
03-28-2012, 03:10 PM
Nobody was even willing to give up a 2nd or 3rd round pick for Tebow. His value is high with fans and the media, but not with GM's.

Of course Jets fans are going to say stupid things. Mara was mocking the press conference because the whole notion of having one for a backup QB is wacky. It's obvious why they did it - for the media attention.

Since Rex Ryan arrived his agenda has been to re-brand the Jets and fabricate them as the better NY football team. Media attention has been a big part of his strategy.

Regardless of what Sanchez says, bringing in Tebow is just going to cause issues.
Someone I know retweeted Jim Rome the other day and it summed up the situation perfectly: If you're going to give Tebow 15-20 snaps a game, he's not a back up, he's a starter. And if you have 2 starters you don't have any.

Weygand
03-28-2012, 04:41 PM
It meant a lot in February of 2012.......