PDA

View Full Version : We have 8 picks lets trade up!

AllTuckedUp
03-27-2012, 11:38 AM
Trade up and get Fleener. Like I said before, he is big, fast, can catch, runs good routes. Give Eli a tight end!

GIANTfaninFL
03-27-2012, 11:39 AM
Trade up and get Fleener. Like I said before, he is big, fast, can catch, runs good routes. Give Eli a tight end!
We just signed a tight end...

Vtgmenfan89
03-27-2012, 11:44 AM
We're not going to trade up for someone who might not even start. Sorry but I disagree. Plus we may not even need to trade up to get him if we were to take him. Only player I could see us trading up for would be Kuechly but I don't think we will trade up for anybody

GameTime
03-27-2012, 11:46 AM
Per Jerry Reese:</P>

<FONT color=#000080>“You just have to stick to your plan,” Reese said in an interview on SiriusXM NFL Radio that aired this afternoon. "Sometimes you can’t make big moves, you have to make good football decisions and we try to do that and try to stick to our plan and it worked out for us.”</FONT></P>

<FONT color=#000080>One area where Reese may look to improve on either through the draft or free agency – or perhaps both – is at linebacker. Specifically at middle linebacker. He admitted today that, “If we had to play tomorrow at mike ‘backer, I’m not sure” who would start.</FONT></P>

Much bigger needs than TE right now.</P>

GMENAGAIN
03-27-2012, 11:46 AM
No

RonJon
03-27-2012, 11:48 AM
Giants almost never trade up in the first round. I think the last time they did that was to take Shockey

nYg24
03-27-2012, 11:50 AM
Trade up of a tight end? no.

Kase-1
03-27-2012, 11:54 AM
Trade up and get Fleener. Like I said before, he is big, fast, can catch, runs good routes. Give Eli a tight end!One of the big name TE's (Allen or Fleener) is gonna drop far in the draft. Neither one is as good of a prospect as Kyle Rudolph and he got drafted in the middle of the 2nd round. Call me crazy, but I can see both of those guys being there by the time we pick in the 2nd round

AllTuckedUp
03-27-2012, 12:20 PM
Trade up and get Fleener. Like I said before, he is big, fast, can catch, runs good routes. Give Eli a tight end!One of the big name TE's (Allen or Fleener) is gonna drop far in the draft.* Neither one is as good of a prospect as Kyle Rudolph and he got drafted in the middle of the 2nd round.* Call me crazy, but I can see both of those guys being there by the time we pick in the 2nd round

Fleener won't be. I can see allen.

buddy33
03-27-2012, 12:30 PM
I don't know about trading up, but they do need a TE.

Pakman
03-27-2012, 12:36 PM

Bennett, Ballard, and Pascoe ....I'm good

C1010
03-27-2012, 12:37 PM
We don't need another TE. We have Bennett, Pascoe, and Hopkins. I wouldn't trade up for Fleener. He is a good receiver but he is not the best blocker. We need to have a TE who is a good blocker and can catch the ball. Our current TE's can do this.

RagTime Blue
03-27-2012, 12:39 PM
If the opportunity arises to update CB, DE, or DT, I don't see us looking at a TE in the first round. That's too much money locked-up in a backup.

buddy33
03-27-2012, 01:48 PM

Bennett has not done much in his 4 years as a pro and Ballard might not play this year.

Kase-1
03-27-2012, 01:51 PM
Only thing I would want to do is trade up in the 2nd so we can secure Vinny Curry the DE from Marshall or Whitney Marcellus (if he's still there), either one of em and JPP would be a monstrous tandem for years to come

G-Men Surg.
03-27-2012, 01:55 PM
I really, really don't see the Giants in that scenario reaching for Fleener trading up but hey I could be wrong. It could get interesting if by any reason ( highly doubt it ) Keuchly slipped all the way to the late 20's, maybe this could set a fire under Jerry's chair to move up .

Spizi
03-27-2012, 02:00 PM
the only way they should trade up is if a top 15 prospect falls to the early 20s. In that case we could trade our 1st, 3rd, and 4th to get that player.

TuckYou
03-27-2012, 02:03 PM
Giants almost never trade up in the first round. I think the last time they did that was to take Shockey</P>

Eli the following year... Well, I guess technically it wasnt a trade up since the Chargers drafted Eli, but essentially it was the same thing.</P>

Anyway, I am not for moving up to get Fleener. No TE in this draft is even worth a 1st. If we move up, it would be for a stud who slipped out of the top 15 on Reeses board into the 20s.</P>

GameTime
03-27-2012, 02:05 PM
I don't know about trading up, but they do need a TE. Bennett, Ballard, and Pascoe ....I'm good Bennett has not done much in his 4 years as a pro and Ballard might not play this year.</P>

I see Pascoe or Bennetpicking up where Ballard left off.</P>

I like Ballard but his production shouldn't be too hard to replicate. I believe Pascoe and Bennet can handle the blocking assigments at least as well if not better.</P>

This will be the first tim ein three seasons that Pascoe can actually focus on TE duties without having to spend time with the FBs...</P>

Pope will have them ready</P>

MikeIsaGiant
03-27-2012, 02:24 PM
I wouldn't trade up.

TrueBlue@NYC
03-27-2012, 03:27 PM
No need to trade up, especially for only amedium value position. </P>

If you look at JRs' drafts, he always looks at value at the spot. And if there's a good player, at a premium position (OT, DE, CB, WR)that drops to us, he'll take that player. </P>

I also wouldn't discount the prospect of JR trading down if he gets the right offer. He likes having extra picks and we more guys to fill out the back end of our roster than we do immediate starters. </P>

nygfan0816
03-27-2012, 03:52 PM
i dont think the giants will have to trade up for fleener. if he is available when we pick then i hope we take him. he reminds of jimmy graham. fleener would be a big threat at TE, something we havent had since shockey, and he wasnt a bad blocker at stanford either.

our TE situation is bad imo, we have pascoe and bennett going into the season. beckum may be cut, ballard wont be back til mid season and who knows how good he will be. bennett is a ? at this point, i've heard of the potential but i havent seen anything to make me think he will be good, plus he only has a 1 year deal.

that being said, the only other team that i could see taking fleener in the 1st would be the ravens but i see them taking a CB or S. i think fleener will be there when we pick and i hope we take him

Toadofsteel
03-27-2012, 04:39 PM
TE is less of a need than our offensive tackles...

nycsportzfan
03-27-2012, 05:08 PM
Trade up and get Fleener. Like I said before, he is big, fast, can catch, runs good routes. Give Eli a tight end!One of the big name TE's (Allen or Fleener) is gonna drop far in the draft. Neither one is as good of a prospect as Kyle Rudolph and he got drafted in the middle of the 2nd round. Call me crazy, but I can see both of those guys being there by the time we pick in the 2nd round
Fleener won't be. I can see allen. Allen is Fred Davis without the off field issues.. I'd take him in a nano second if he was on the board when we picked in RD 2... Shoot, i'd trade up 7-10 spots to get em in rd 2.. The kid had Kyle Parker and a Freshman throwing him balls at Clemson.. He'd be amazing teamed up with ELI...

shockeyg
03-27-2012, 05:25 PM
Trade down and have 10 picks .grab one for next year . But at 32 trading up seems to costly.

Neverend
03-27-2012, 06:53 PM
TE is less of a need than our offensive tackles...

Draft on value and need. Not really an offensive tackle prospect worthy at 32, unless mike adams makes it there which I doubt. Can't see the giants giving massie or sanders 1st round grades + them being BPA

Not really a G prospect with a probable 1st round grade at 32 besides Konz. I don't think Silatolu is really a first round prospect. Comparing him to Ben Ijalana last year (as a small school LT), I don't think silatolu is in his class -- especially as an athlete. And Ben went mid second round (the giants really liked him a lot)

THE_New_York_Giants
03-27-2012, 06:58 PM

Bennett has not done much in his 4 years as a pro and Ballard might not play this year.
Bennett has played well. Keep in mind he was behind Witten his entire career. Now he has his opportunity to start. Him and Ballard will be a great combo when Ballard comes back.

G-Men Surg.
03-27-2012, 09:06 PM
Trade down and have 10 picks .grab one for next year . But at 32 trading up seems to costly.

Yep I remember when the Steelers traded up in 06 to get Santonio Holmes and the Giants got the 32 pick ( Kiwi ) , the 96 and the 129 pick . An understatement in how much that move cost the Steelers in the end .

myles2424
03-27-2012, 10:33 PM
Much rather trade up in the 2nd & grab some of the 1st round overflow