PDA

View Full Version : Giants vs Cowboys, opening game of the 2012 season!

TheBookOfEli
03-27-2012, 03:56 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d827e809a/article/giants-to-host-rival-cowboys-in-2012-season-opener?module=HP11_breaking_news

I truly wanted the Packers but whatever. Bring on the Cowgirls!

ashleymarie
03-27-2012, 03:59 PM
Should be a WIN for us.

MikeIsaGiant
03-27-2012, 03:59 PM
Should be a good game and open. 1-0 division early on let's take it

TheBookOfEli
03-27-2012, 04:05 PM
I game against a division opponent is never easy. We swept the cowboys last year and ended their playoff hopes. They are going to come out swinging for this game.

titwio
03-27-2012, 04:08 PM
I just heard but it's Cowboys vs. Giants..not (Giants vs Cowboys)

The Giants are hosting.

TheBookOfEli
03-27-2012, 04:21 PM

The Giants are hosting.

lol i don't think it matters. If i would've said Giants at Cowboys then i would've been wrong.

titwio
03-27-2012, 04:26 PM

The Giants are hosting.

lol i don't think it matters. If i would've said Giants at Cowboys then i would've been wrong.

Not a big deal but when I first saw Giants vs. Cowboys I was like "WTF..a road game?!"

Home teams are always last...but yeah, it's not a big deal.

BlueJayC
03-27-2012, 04:28 PM
<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri','sans-serif'; COLOR: #1f497d; FONT-SIZE: 11pt; mso-ascii-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-hansi-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-theme-font: minor-bidi; mso-themecolor: dark2">I’m actually pi$$ed off…….WTF?!?!?! Why do those *****hats get exposure through the Giants SB win…..fahkin terrible……could have had a NFC Championship rematch or the last two SB winners going head to head……I don’t get it......way to blow it NFL.....<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p></SPAN></P>

egyptian420
03-27-2012, 04:29 PM
lol jeez...can't wait for this

BlueJayC
03-27-2012, 04:34 PM
......the Cowboys are the only team in the NFC East improperly aligned...they should be making their East Coast trips during the winter.....or be demoted to the NFC West.

nhpgiantsfan
Love that we have an oppurtunity to get a division win in week 1.</P>

And I love how all the "know it alls" on here were saying that it was obviously going to be the Packers and that there was some sort of history with previous winners playing each other. lmao..</P>

GmenFan1980
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1nA4eCfZgU

Not a Sunday night game, but whatever lol.

Lets start the season strong and dominate the Boys @ home

titwio
03-27-2012, 04:37 PM
Love that we have an oppurtunity to get a division win in week 1.

It happens often...usually it's against the Redskins though. 08, 09, 11.

BlueJayC
03-27-2012, 04:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHIQem3zHqI</P>

</P>

GMenNY21
03-27-2012, 04:47 PM
If play like we did the last time we played the girls.... We should win easily... I wanted a NFC championship game rematch, but I'll take this easy win ! Thanks Commish

Pksoze
03-27-2012, 04:48 PM
This should be a win. Though if we were going to play division rivals I rather it be the Eagles so those loser Philly fans can see our raise our banner. Interesting note on this NBC has taken three straight Giants/Cowboys games away from FOX.

TheBookOfEli
03-27-2012, 04:51 PM
If play like we did the last time we played the girls.... We should win easily... I wanted a NFC championship game rematch, but I'll take this easy win ! Thanks Commish

We'll get the NFC championship rematch, but it'll be in candlestick park.

redbeardxxv
03-27-2012, 04:53 PM
<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri','sans-serif'; COLOR: #1f497d; FONT-SIZE: 11pt; mso-ascii-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-hansi-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-theme-font: minor-bidi; mso-themecolor: dark2">I’m actually pi$$ed off…….WTF?!?!?! Why do those *****hats get exposure through the Giants SB win…..fahkin terrible……could have had a NFC Championship rematch or the last two SB winners going head to head……I don’t get it......way to blow it NFL.....<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p></SPAN></P>

EXACTTLY! Should have been GB@NY- would have had te attention of every football fan. Now, instead, you have the attention of the NFCE fans

Toadofsteel
03-27-2012, 04:57 PM
This should be a win. Though if we were going to play division rivals I rather it be the Eagles so those loser Philly fans can see our raise our banner. Interesting note on this NBC has taken three straight Giants/Cowboys games away from FOX.

This... I would have wanted to see the dream team go down right out of the gate. I don't understand all the cowboys hate on this board... it's the filthy eagles that are the spawn of satan.

Hail
03-27-2012, 04:58 PM
Why not the Skins? RGIII debuting...

Ralph Brown
03-27-2012, 04:59 PM
Prediction- Bennett with 3 TDs</P>

Probably wrong</P>

chasjay
03-27-2012, 05:08 PM
I was wanting the Packers - wanted to have them at home again this year. That may be why GB is not the team, because we had them at home last year. We already know we'll have Dallas at home one time - at least.

But starting our repeat quest against the Cowboys is okay, too.

Flip Empty
03-27-2012, 05:12 PM

EXACTTLY! Should have been GB@NY- would have had te attention of every football fan. Now, instead, you have the attention of the NFCE fans
It's the season opener - it's going to have everyone's attention, regardless.
Such a silly thing to complain about.

miked1958
03-27-2012, 05:18 PM
If I am not mistaken we played SF last season due to playing the NFC West. That rotation will have us home Vs them in 4 yrs. this yr we play them due to what place we finished in (first). Last time we played them in that rotation I think we were the home team. So this would still be a game played at Candlestick. That would make three times in a row we had to travel there counting NFCCG

miked1958
03-27-2012, 05:22 PM
We got tough schedule but we also get steelers, Packers and Saints all at Home. Maybe we can steel some Ws.

I know we have not played our best football at Home in past few seasons, but this yr we have to really be loud and disruptive to opposing teams

gmen46
03-27-2012, 05:23 PM

EXACTTLY! Should have been GB@NY- would have had te attention of every football fan. Now, instead, you have the attention of the NFCE ansf

NBC has broadcast a Giants-Dallas game virtually every season since they recaptured their NFL contract in 2006 and replaced MNF as THE prime time game of the week. Because that game is one of their highest rated games every season.

The Week 17 final broadcast of 2011 between Dallas and NY was NBC's highest rated SNF game in their 6 year history, and was the highest rated REGULAR season game broadcast by ant network in 15 years.

Regardless of whether you are wrong or right about what fans will watch this game next Sept, who cares?

NBC sure doesn't, it's about drawing maximum ratings, for them.

As a Giants fan, I sure could not care less whether the game will have "the attention of every football fan", or "only" fans of the NFC East.

And, since we play both SF and GB this coming season, chances are extremely high that both games will be on MNF and/or SNF later in the season.

I cannot believe this even an issue for ANY Giants fan.

miked1958
03-27-2012, 05:26 PM
We also get ravens, SF away

keyofgmen
03-27-2012, 05:37 PM
Planning my travels and tailgate right now!!

BlueBlooded1979
03-27-2012, 05:41 PM

They probably want him to play more than 1 game before he is shellshocked for the season.

This easily should have been GB. Two playoff teams from the season. Not a mediocre 8 win team with more media hype than talent.

Pksoze
03-27-2012, 05:44 PM
Those espn clowns already picked Dallas...lol.

idiotekniQues
03-27-2012, 06:13 PM
Clarence Hill ? @clarencehilljr Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Regarding Giants and owner John Mara spearheading the cap charge,Jerry Jones is looking forward to settling it on the field in season opener
Retweeted by Ralph Vacchiano

titwio
03-27-2012, 06:21 PM
Clarence Hill ? @clarencehilljr Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Regarding Giants and owner John Mara spearheading the cap charge,Jerry Jones is looking forward to settling it on the field in season opener
Retweeted by Ralph Vacchiano

So what position is Jerry going to be playing?

Antwuan
03-27-2012, 06:36 PM
Go Giants!!!

Im guessing when the Giants play the Cowboys @ Cowboys Stadium it will be on FOX.

BigBlue187
03-27-2012, 07:03 PM
I cant think of the last time we played the cowboys during the day, they're always such big games.

Roswell777
03-27-2012, 07:14 PM
To me, one of the best parts of a Giant - Cowboy game are the shots of Jones with that worried look on his face.

Priceless.

nhpgiantsfan
03-27-2012, 08:35 PM

They probably want him to play more than 1 game before he is shellshocked for the season.

This easily should have been GB. Two playoff teams from the season. Not a mediocre 8 win team with more media hype than talent.

Dude, it's a huge division rival. What are you talking about. I couldn't think of anything better than Jerry Jones being forced to watch us raise another championship banner. And by the way, we were nothing more than mediocre for the entire regular season last year.

egyptian420
03-27-2012, 09:20 PM

Dude, it's a huge division rival. What are you talking about. I couldn't think of anything better than Jerry Jones being forced to watch us raise another championship banner. And by the way, we were nothing more than mediocre for the entire regular season last year.
+1....we only had 1 more win than them

tabouli88
03-28-2012, 12:46 AM
Part of the reason last years game was the most watched, was because it was essentially a playoff game ... Win & In .. in our case... All In !! .. but whatever.... let's pick up where we left off then................

SweetZombieJesus
03-28-2012, 06:18 AM
So what position is Jerry going to be playing?

Offensive Assclown

SweetZombieJesus
03-28-2012, 06:22 AM
And by the way, we were nothing more than mediocre for the entire regular season last year.

You're both wrong.

The Giants swept the series and would get the tiebreaker, so that's like being 2 wins better than them.

As for the Giants being mediocre in 2011, the team was 6-2, beat New England in Foxboro (first NFC team to do that since 2006) and ended their home game win streak, and were tied up with the undefeated defending champ Packers with 0:53 left. This was not your typical 9-7 team, the record hid the truth about this team's potential, as everybody found out in the playoffs.

Bill Parcells used to say "you are what your record says you are", but the 2011 Giants were not.

BillTheGreek
03-28-2012, 06:30 AM
I hate to say it, the Giants are going to have a real tough time with the Cowgirls, the Girls are looking for revenge! Good thing we are at home! This will be a fight down to the last few minutes, Eli will start the season off with a Big Win and set the pace for the new season.
GOOD LUCK G-men ! Bennett will show what he can do against his old teamates.

nygsb42champs
03-28-2012, 08:02 AM
Do we ever play them in a non primetime game?

bLuereverie
03-28-2012, 08:22 AM
Not a big deal but when I first saw Giants vs. Cowboys I was like "WTF..a road game?!"

Home teams are always last...but yeah, it's not a big deal.

Is there such a thing as a road game against Dallas?

BigBlue1971
03-28-2012, 08:24 AM
i lwouldve thought the Packers would be the opening night opponent!</P>

but the league is prolly saving the Packer game for late in the year when the matchup means so much more!</P>

go Giants knock the cowturds out beginning the season! id like nothing better than that.</P>

GameTime
03-28-2012, 09:16 AM
Clarence Hill ? @clarencehilljr Reply Retweet Favorite · Open Regarding Giants and owner John Mara spearheading the cap charge,Jerry Jones is looking forward to settling it on the field in season opener Retweeted by Ralph Vacchiano So what position is Jerry going to be playing?</P>

he'll take his usual spot in the luxury box. He and Rob Ryan will have more camera time then most and at some point JJ will pick his nose on national TV.....</P>

Good opening game. </P>

BlueJayC
03-28-2012, 09:18 AM
I'd just rather the Giants break the hearts of Cowboys fans everywhere as late in the season as possible......game #1 essentially means nothing.

GameTime
03-28-2012, 09:23 AM
I'd just rather the Giants break the hearts of Cowboys fans everywhere as late in the season as possible......game #1 essentially means nothing.</P>

A division game NEVER means NOTHING......</P>

Giants and Cowboys draw more viewers than prob most any other game. Good for the NFL.</P>

egyptian420
03-28-2012, 10:15 AM
And by the way, we were nothing more than mediocre for the entire regular season last year.

You're both wrong.

The Giants swept the series and would get the tiebreaker, so that's like being 2 wins better than them.

As for the Giants being mediocre in 2011, the team was 6-2, beat New England in Foxboro (first NFC team to do that since 2006) and ended their home game win streak, and were tied up with the undefeated defending champ Packers with 0:53 left. This was not your typical 9-7 team, the record hid the truth about this team's potential, as everybody found out in the playoffs.

Bill Parcells used to say "you are what your record says you are", but the 2011 Giants were not.

I simply said their record was 1 game better than the Cowboys...plain and simple.

You bringing up the Pats game is conveniently subjective as well...I could bring up us losing to the Seahawks and getting swept by the Redskins...

We got hot in the Jets game and the flame never went out and from that point on, I think we were the best team in the league, there's no doubt about that, but you gotta admit during the reg. season we never knew what to expect every Sunday.

nhpgiantsfan
03-28-2012, 03:38 PM

You're both wrong.

As for the Giants being mediocre in 2011, the team was 6-2, beat New England in Foxboro (first NFC team to do that since 2006) and ended their home game win streak, and were tied up with the undefeated defending champ
Packers with 0:53 left.* This was not your typical 9-7 team, the
record hid the truth about this team's potential, as everybody
found out in the playoffs.

Bill Parcells used to say "you
are what your record says you are", but the 2011 Giants were
not.

Dude, take your homer glasses off. Yes, we were the best team in the playoffs. But we were mediocre at best in the regular season. You can say we were tied with the Packers in that game, big deal we lost. We also lost twice to the Redskins, and lost at home to the Seahawks, and barely beat the Rams and Dolphins. You can't dispute that we were just an average team during the regular season that nobody thought had a shot in the playoffs.

egyptian420
03-28-2012, 05:06 PM

You're both wrong.

As for the Giants being mediocre in 2011, the team was 6-2, beat New England in Foxboro (first NFC team to do that since 2006) and ended their home game win streak, and were tied up with the undefeated defending champ
Packers with 0:53 left. This was not your typical 9-7 team, the
record hid the truth about this team's potential, as everybody
found out in the playoffs.

Bill Parcells used to say "you
are what your record says you are", but the 2011 Giants were
not.

Dude, take your homer glasses off. Yes, we were the best team in the playoffs. But we were mediocre at best in the regular season. You can say we were tied with the Packers in that game, big deal we lost. We also lost twice to the Redskins, and lost at home to the Seahawks, and barely beat the Rams and Dolphins. You can't dispute that we were just an average team during the regular season that nobody thought had a shot in the playoffs.
+1

Giantsin04
03-28-2012, 05:30 PM
I game against a division opponent is never easy. We swept the cowboys last year and ended their playoff hopes. They are going to come out swinging for this game.

That would be true if the cowboys had any balls or heart. They have neither.

JimC
03-30-2012, 08:01 AM

Lets get real here. We may be Super Bowl champs but we were a 9-7 team that played well the last five games. Lets not forget the Cowboys and Eagles were both 8-8 just one game behind. We have a HELL of a lot of work to do.

Flip Empty
03-30-2012, 11:16 AM

Lets get real here. We may be Super Bowl champs but we were a 9-7 team that played well the last five games. Lets not forget the Cowboys and Eagles were both 8-8 just one game behind. We have a HELL of a lot of work to do.

Yep, it's funny how people seem to view the Giants as invincible now. That division was up for grabs until the final week. It could very easily have been Dallas making the playoffs instead of the Giants.
Look at all the free agency losses - expected, but still notable. There'll likely be teething issues early on as the replacement pieces fall in to place.
With that offense of theirs, Dallas are always a threat.

JimC
03-30-2012, 12:34 PM

Yep, it's funny how people seem to view the Giants as invincible now. That division was up for grabs until the final week. It could very easily have been Dallas making the playoffs instead of the Giants.
Look at all the free agency losses - expected, but still notable. There'll likely be teething issues early on as the replacement pieces fall in to place.
With that offense of theirs, Dallas are always a threat.

I appears that all of the teams in the NFC East are very evenly matched. I will come down to the final week again.

Cowboys Fan From Asia
03-30-2012, 06:46 PM
Should be a great game.

Is it now an official tradition that the Super Bowl winner kicks off the next NFL season at home?

Flip Empty
03-30-2012, 07:10 PM
Should be a great game.

Is it now an official tradition that the Super Bowl winner kicks off the next NFL season at home?

Yeah, it's been that way for a while.
It's great except I don't like that it takes place on a Thursday.

ashleymarie
04-01-2012, 02:47 AM
It may be as early as a Wednesday. Can't get here soon enough for me. [:D]

Flip Empty
04-01-2012, 03:04 AM
It may be as early as a Wednesday. Can't get here soon enough for me. [:D]
I just find the three-day wait for the rest of the week's games irritating hah. Fantasy makes it worse.