PDA

View Full Version : Another stupid Post. Would Squib or onsides been better?

miked1958
12-08-2011, 11:42 AM
First let me start by saying they did the right thing kicking it DEEP and hoping the D could hold them for 58 seconds to get to OT. As we all know that failed BIGTIME..Now just for fun...</P>

In light of our D not being able to stop GBs offense in the last few drives would it have been a better option to squib kick it down the field to try and burn off somemore time on the kickoff so GB would have had even less time when they started their Drive. If we got it into the 40second range and were able to hold them to a short gain on first down there was a good chance that the Packers would have ran out the clock. Rodgers said it himself in a Tweet. </P>

Now for the Crazy, DUMB bomb i am about to DROP......</P>

What if they did an Onsides Kick on that Kickoff with 58 Seconds left. I know, I know we had just drove the Field to get the Td and 2pters to tie it so why would you just give them the ball right back on our end and give the game away. I know if you fail to get it you pretty much are giving the Pack aguarantee they will get an Easy FG with the field position we would give them if we didnt recover it...</P>

But We had not shown much if at all we could stop their offense most of the game. We didnt have any way of knowing we would win a Coin Toss. 50/50 chance that GB wins the toss and Goes right down and gets the winning FG within a few minutes of starting OT. </P>

SO I say again... What if we caught them TOTALLY off guard and RECOVERED IT??? They would never have expected it... And THAT kind of a Call by TC in a game like that would have Propelled us into a huge Winning streak.. I realize that type of call you are either the HERO or the GOAT and something like that could get you fired after the game if you dont recover it but........</P>

what do you guys think in hindsight??</P>

Toughts?</P>

miked1958
12-08-2011, 12:17 PM
Come on man.....</P>

33 views and not one of you have even a Negative comment to make about this dumb post. </P>

bleedinblue27
12-08-2011, 12:23 PM
Come on man.....</P>

33 views and not one of you have even a Negative comment to make about this dumb post. </P>
Boo......better?

Mercury
12-08-2011, 12:26 PM
the better solution is to not run a play before the 2 min warning. Then run it again for good measure. That way you don't leave GB with enough time to get into FG range. However, you are then screwed if you didn't make the 2pt conversion. You have no time left even if you do recover an onside kick.

The best solution is to play better on defense.

krygny
12-08-2011, 12:31 PM
the better solution is to not run a play before the 2 min warning. ...

Yeah, I wondered about that at the time. What was the hurry to get another play off before the 2:00 warning?

Anyways, that game is over.

miked1958
12-08-2011, 08:10 PM
But not one person thinks given the circumstance at the time with 58 seconds left, no one thinks an onsides or squib was called for