PDA

View Full Version : My wishful Mock to strengthen the lines

joeybagadonutz23
03-28-2012, 12:44 AM
1. Jonathan Martin OT, Stanford. We'd have had a chance at this guy if we wouldn't have won the Super Bowl!. I'll take that trade any day though. This is a Reese guy. Stanford student, both parents Harvard grads, turned Harvard down, smart as hell, pro-style offense experience yet a good run blocker and he protected Luck's blind side. Could fall because he's not a brute force mauler.

2. Brandon Thompson, DT, LSU. Probably won't be there. If he is it's a solid pick. Good project to replace Canty in another year or two. CC is getting pricey.

3. Kelechi Osemele, G, Iowa State. Dude is a monster and a bull on the inside. Plus his name fits well with Kiwi, Osi, and Amakumara! Seriously, we need some OL depth and this guy would be a great addition.

4-7. Not naive enough to think that I possibly have any clue what Jerry Reeses has up his sleeve in those spots, but I hope he continues to surprise.

michaelkhan3
03-28-2012, 05:44 AM
1. Jonathan Martin OT, Stanford. We'd have had a chance at this guy if we wouldn't have won the Super Bowl!. I'll take that trade any day though. This is a Reese guy. Stanford student, both parents Harvard grads, turned Harvard down, smart as hell, pro-style offense experience yet a good run blocker and he protected Luck's blind side. Could fall because he's not a brute force mauler.

2. Brandon Thompson, DT, LSU. Probably won't be there. If he is it's a solid pick. Good project to replace Canty in another year or two. CC is getting pricey.

3. Kelechi Osemele, G, Iowa State. Dude is a monster and a bull on the inside. Plus his name fits well with Kiwi, Osi, and Amakumara! Seriously, we need some OL depth and this guy would be a great addition.

4-7. Not naive enough to think that I possibly have any clue what Jerry Reeses has up his sleeve in those spots, but I hope he continues to surprise.

None of those guys will be there when we pick in those rounds. And did u mean Thompson from Clemson or Brockers from LSU?

bLuereverie
03-28-2012, 08:36 AM
Martin's "dropping" because of his pro day where he's occasionally mocked at 32. IF that happens, that means only 2 tackles were taken before him as he is still sure to go ahead of Adams. I just don't see that happening.

Kruunch
03-28-2012, 10:32 AM

All of your picks are projected to go much earlier then you list.

Jonathan Martin is in the top 20 on most draft boards, even given his poor Combine.

Brandon Thompson is a mid 2nd rounder.

Kelechi Osemele is a late second rounder.

critters
03-28-2012, 11:06 AM
Well he did say WISHFUL. :)

joeybagadonutz23
03-29-2012, 09:16 PM
Well he did say WISHFUL. :)

Exactly. If I was going to predict, I'd go with a DE in the 1st. Hahaha.

joeybagadonutz23
03-29-2012, 10:06 PM
I'm also going on the fact that last year I had Amakamura on my wish list and nobody, including myself expected him to be there.