PDA

View Full Version : Which team is/was more talented 2007 or 2011 Giants?

BParcells777
12-08-2011, 01:06 PM
I keep hearing how the 2007 team had more talent and I do not necessarily see it.

QB- Better, Eli is much better than he was in 2007
WRS- Better
TE- Tied
Defense- Slightly worse, not as bad as the stats show
Special Teams-Better
Running Game- worse bu the OL has just been revitalized and Bradshaw is back, making Jacobs better

Coaches- 2007 better with Spags

I'd say it's a wash, I'll put my feet up for these last 4 games and see how it goes

jhamburg
12-08-2011, 01:09 PM
Defense- Slightly worse

LOL

LOL

MikeIsaGiant
12-08-2011, 01:12 PM
I disagree so much on that defense, we have a horrible defense. But of course you can address that issue with the injuries we've had, plus the linebacker situation that we haven't addressed

miked1958
12-08-2011, 01:14 PM
I keep hearing how the 2007 team had more talent and I do not necessarily see it.

WRS- Better
TE- Tied
Special Teams-Better
Running Game- worse bu the OL has just been revitalized and Bradshaw is back, making Jacobs better

I'd say it's a wash, I'll put my feet up for these last 4 games and see how it goes
</P>

wow. 07...lol</P>

talk to me in 2.5months and if we are still playing for another SB Title then i may rethink it. until then...</P>

Giantsin04
12-08-2011, 01:17 PM
Defense- Slightly worse

LOL

LOL

+1

Slightly....... LOL

bleedinblue27
12-08-2011, 01:21 PM

WRS- Better
TE- Tied
Special Teams-Better

Really?
someone please take the keyboard away from this moron!!

Mercury
12-08-2011, 01:21 PM
You must have also forgotten our running game in 2007 was great. Our running game this year has virtually been nonexistent. As you pointed out, we did better last week, but we have to do it again this week before you can say its fixed.

EJ Blue
12-08-2011, 01:26 PM
I hate how you made an excuse for parts of this team that are worse.

GMENAGAIN
12-08-2011, 01:29 PM
Defense- Slightly worse LOL LOL +1 Slightly....... LOL</P>

I laughed at that too . . . . our current defense is atrocious . . . . </P>

BlueSanta
12-08-2011, 02:29 PM

WRS- Better
TE- Tied
Special Teams-Better

Do you just posts nonsense trying to get a reaction?

How is our special teams better? Feagles was the best directional punter the NFL has ever seen. Our Kick returns in 2007 were ranked 7th compared to 19th in 2011. So far this year we have made 81 % of our FGs, in 2007 we made 85%. Its not even a close comparison.

Our run game now doesnt compare to 2007 in any way shape or form. We were 4th in the league in 2007, in 2011 we are dead last.

Our WRs are very good now, but they were also very good in 2007.

Our defense is slightly worse? If by "slightly" you mean the difference in being ranked 7th and 29th, ok then we are "slightly worse"

When you lose 3 offensive linemen to injury, its not called "being revitalized."

gumby742
12-08-2011, 02:48 PM
Defense- Slightly worse LOL LOL +1 Slightly....... LOL</P>

I laughed at that too . . . . our current defense is atrocious . . . . </P>

</P>

Don't confuse talent with overall performance. See eagles.</P>

The 2011 team is much more talented - at least on defense. Barring injury of course. Even then ... our secondary now is much more talented.</P>

BParcells777
12-08-2011, 04:28 PM
Im not big on the D rankings as they do not take into account a high scoring team like the Giants which gives the ball back to the opponents so much....we only gave up a few TDs to Arron Rodgers.....Eli threw a Pick Six. The cure for this phenomena is to become a ball control team which we might now be with Bradshaw and Jacobs back in form and these two young hunks joining what was a pretty awful run blocking line until Boothe and Petrus were inserted. Black burn with 5 tackles unassisted and a few others involved as well as his pick and pass D considerably strenthened the middle last week.

The special teams in 2007 had trouble covering kicks and had a number of fumbles......Tynes was extremely inaccurate that year and Weatherford adds 10 yds at least to what we had back then. Tynes had a banana slice in 2007.........now he's kickoffs are stronger and FG's are straight as an arrow.....hes come a long way

We did have Strahan that year but did not have JPP thats a wash

I think Ballard is much more of a threat than Boss ever was.......to say the 2007 WRs compared to this groug is ludicrous....this group and Cruz will set Giants all time records for sure

TroyArcher
12-08-2011, 04:34 PM

WRS- Better
TE- Tied
Special Teams-Better

</P>

2007 team had a much better defense: Strahan + LB's. 2007 OL was much better and had a better RB rotation. I think the receiving core is equal: current group is more explosive but not as sure handed. Special teams were slightly better in 2007. Spags was a better, more aggressive Defensive Coordinator. </P>

JMFP2
12-08-2011, 04:44 PM

WRS- Better
TE- Tied
Special Teams-Better

</P>

2007 team had a much better defense: Strahan + LB's.* 2007 OL was much better and had a better RB rotation.* I think the receiving core is equal:* current group is more explosive but not as sure handed.* Special teams were slightly better in 2007.* Spags was a better, more aggressive Defensive Coordinator.* </P>

Giants Defense is 29th in the NFL. Their rushing offense is 32nd.

2007 team had a much, much better offensive line, and better LB's.....the stats don't lie.

BParcells777
12-08-2011, 05:02 PM
actually statistics do lie....often</P>

We'll see if this team beats the Patriots handily in the Super Bowl this year and does not need a miracle catch to do it.......maybe you will change your mind</P>

This total season story is yet unwritten</P>

</P>

</P>

JMFP2
12-08-2011, 05:11 PM
actually statistics do lie....often</P>

We'll see if this team beats the Patriots handily in the Super Bowl this year and does not need a miracle catch to do it.......maybe you will change your mind</P>

This total season story is yet unwritten</P>

*</P>

*</P>

That's true....and unless they go all the way and win another Super Bowl, no way in hell this defensie compares to 2007, Jack.

Injuries are a big part of it. But remember, the 2007 team didn't have Kiwi at the end of the year, either.

Spags and Fewell have a role to play, too. Spags got the most out of his players.

Fewell???....no.

BParcells777
12-08-2011, 05:17 PM
I'm not saying the two teams are way off.......they are close....the big difference is Eli he went form Eli the ordinary to Today's Eli the Magnificent

I sense the Giants are about to take off on another run......its a 4 yr cycle thats due

bearbryant
12-08-2011, 05:54 PM
Thanx... At 6-6 I needed a good laugh!!!I'll play along. The 07 team was so much better than this years, consider the coacing alone. We had a defense that literally kicked every team in the tournaments ***, including a team that everyone was saying was unable to be beaten until SB XLII 17-14.However, thats why they play the game- Any given Sunday!

BParcells777
12-08-2011, 06:14 PM
the 2007 team finished

23 pts avg offense, 21 pts defense

so far at 6-6 2011

this team is
24 offense, 26 defense

The final 16 game story as I said is yet unwritten...........so far they are very close

That 2007 team played the exact same teams they play this year NFC South and West
at week 13 they were 8-4 and finished 10-6 splitting their last 4 games they beat the Eagles lost to the Skins, beat Buffalo and lost to the Patriots 38-35 (this score alone shows how comparable the 2007 and 2011 teams are)

you can laugh all you want.....it looks like history is repeating itself....which it often does

If this team runs the table against a weak portion of the schedule, it will also finish 10-6 and I'll bet the offense and defenses of both teams even out

The difference would be the 2011 team runs off 4 victories it will enter the playoffs with way more momentum than that 2007 team had.....and the knowledge it defeated (minus bad calls) the defending champs and took it to Dallas twice. I consider the Packers game a virtual victory with horrific Refs.
They missed 3 calls that would have resulted in a 14 point reversal swing.

We'll see....I have my feet up ready to watch it unfold......very entertaining.

GameTime
12-08-2011, 06:21 PM

WRS- Better
TE- Tied
Special Teams-Better

</P>

how can it be a wash with 2007 having a MUCH better run game a MUCH better defense and better coaching....</P>

yuo are taking one 100 yard rushing game vs a pretty poor run defense and say that the Oline is revitalized???</P>

good luck with that Jakk</P>

BParcells777
12-08-2011, 06:34 PM
my opinion and I'm entitled to it</P>

The 2007 team finished a weak 2-2 and seemed to struggle until they got to the Patriots game</P>

This team beat the same Patriots handily</P>

although this team has played the same teams.............the opponents this year are way way stronger- SFO, Packers, Saints (in 2007 we played Atlanta not the Saints at Saints).....you are not convincing me</P>

the story is as yet unwritten</P>

JMFP2
12-08-2011, 06:37 PM

The 2007 team finished a weak 2-2 and seemed to struggle until they got to the Patriots game</P>

*</P>

Of all the things I want to be wrong about, this is at the top of my list.

But, until then, you're holding a pair of deuces, Jack.

juice33s
12-08-2011, 07:21 PM
my opinion and I'm entitled to it</p>

The 2007 team finished a weak 2-2 and seemed to struggle until they got to the Patriots game</p>

<font size="5">This team beat the same Patriots handily</font></p>

although this team has played the same teams.............the opponents this year are way way stronger- SFO, Packers, Saints (in 2007 we played Atlanta not the Saints at Saints).....you are not convincing me</p>

the story is as yet unwritten</p>
LOL
2007 Pats defense 2011
Warren Warren
Wilfork Love
Seymour Carter
Vrabel Ninkovich
Bruschi Mayo
Adalius Thomas Koutouvides
Samuel McCourty
Hobbs Arrignton
Harrison Ihedigbo
Sanders Jones
Merriweather Slater

<font color="#FF0000">Yes, Exactly the same team</font>

You tell me which unit is ranked 32nd and which one was ranked 4th

BParcells777
12-08-2011, 09:45 PM
The Pats are favored to go to the SB by most pundits.......noone had beaten them for many many years in Gillette Stadium</P>

not exactly Choppped Liver</P>

GameTime
12-08-2011, 10:46 PM

although this team has played the same teams.............the opponents this year are way way stronger- SFO, Packers, Saints (in 2007 we played Atlanta not the Saints at Saints).....you are not convincing me</P>

the story is as yet unwritten</P>

</P>

so if its umwritten then you dont know if you're right or wrong either...</P>

"the same patriots team"??????......Dont think so skippy.....</P>

BigBlue1971
12-08-2011, 10:55 PM
i think the 07 team was slightly better. becuz the o-line was more stable and coordinated than our current o-line.</P>

Eli is better, but Jacobs has degraded from 07. Jacobs fall off is huge cuz he was a beast back in the day.</P>

</P>

</P>

nycsportzfan
12-09-2011, 07:56 AM

WRS- Better
TE- Tied
Special Teams-Better

I've raved about Jerry Reeses drafts in recent yrs for good reason as the value and upside of the guys hes gotten right through most of the late rounds has been sensational and on paper the Giants are tremendously talented ! So talented that u would have a tough time finding a more talented group from top to bottom in the league! ..

Of course Injuries have hurt but the problem is this team simply dosen't come to play week in and week out THey littearly take games off and have for a few yrs now and alot of times by the time they turn it on its to late! This is exactly what Stephen a smith and Bayless said the other day and its 10000pct true! Its the VETERANS on this team that i think have just lost there luster or ability to get up for any and all games which i don't know how they feel they earned the right to take off any games but its clear as day in my opinon Hence why you'll see us play so good one week and the very next its all most mind boggling bad how we play

I don't know if its the SUPER BOWL win a few yrs back or whatever but this teams talent level from top to bottom is crazy good but we need the VETS to play PRImE yrs good still and they just don't consistently enough! Osi Tuck Snee Webster Jacobs Canty Boley all have been guilty of looking all most lazy and downright bad to often over the past few yrs in certain games and i honestly believe they need to be talked about in the media as having no chance or stinking to get up for the game more often then not Bottom line is if we don't make the playoffs I would certainly start getting rid of the VETS on this team one by one and get a new feel in the locker room of guys hungry for greatness ! The talent on this team is to great to lost to Vince YOung at home or nto even be close against the saints

thegreatone
12-09-2011, 09:12 AM
you guys are getting off track. This defense is worze than 2007 EXECUTION wise. His thread title asked if our team is more TALENTED. The answer is YES, hands down. Unfortunately injuries have taken a good chunk of that talent out of the equation. If spags had JPP and this group of athletic lb'rs we would be unstoppable.

pjam84
12-09-2011, 12:16 PM
this team has more 'talent'. '07 had a better d-coordinator, a better o-line, and michael strahan. tuck and osi are not leaders like strahan, and i don't think anyone else on the defense is either for that matter. antonio pierce was also a big key to that '07 defense. since his departure, i don't feel like anyone has really stood up and taken his roll as the play-caller of the defense. that guy really understood the team and what was going on for every snap. the guys we have now look confused a lot of the time.

this team has the potential to do what the '07 team did, but someone really needs to step up and take control of the locker room. these guys seem to only play when they want to. it will be interesting to see what happens.

BParcells777
12-09-2011, 12:40 PM
I could not agree with you more. It's going to be a very interesting 4 week ride....we could even split with the Cowboys and still get in</P>

Once/if we get in the sky is the limit.....You want to get in as Division leaders though as I do NOT want to go back to New Orleans and face that offense and that crowd noise.</P>

I'd rather go to GB and play in the sub zero cold again. I do not see the Packers beating us twice, and in playoff games you get best of breed Refs based upon their season long ratings, not the Bozos we had to deal with last week. You'll get the Ed Hockalys of the world.</P>

I think we are going to peak soon, and we are getting healthier.....Blackburn seemed to solidify the D last week.....Tuck said today he is feeling much better. We have a shot and control our destiny, and that is all you can ask for. No other team has a better shot at the title as we are an excellent road team, so home field is not a big factor with us.</P>

Coach Carter
12-09-2011, 12:41 PM

WRS- Better
TE- Tied
Special Teams-Better

Really?
someone please take the keyboard away from this moron!!

LOL

pjam84
12-09-2011, 12:55 PM
I could not agree with you more.* It's going to be a very interesting 4 week ride....we could even split with the Cowboys and still get in</P>

Once/if we get in the sky is the limit.....You want to get in as Division leaders though as* I do NOT want to go back to New Orleans and face that offense and that crowd noise.</P>

I'd rather go to GB and play in the sub zero cold again.* I do not see the Packers beating us twice, and in playoff games you get best of breed Refs based upon their season long ratings, not the Bozos we had to deal with last week.* You'll get the Ed Hockalys of the world.</P>

I think we are going to peak soon, and we are getting healthier.....Blackburn seemed to solidify the D last week.....Tuck said today he is feeling much better.* We have a shot and control our destiny, and that is all you can ask for.* No other team has a better shot at the title as we are an excellent road team, so home field is not a big factor with us.</P>

yeah, this is similar to how i've been feeling. i'm not sure i'm quite as confident as you are, but i do see us having a shot to not only get in the playoffs but to make a run....just as long as we don't have to play at new orleans. i can't see us winning there, and i felt that way before the game a couple weeks ago. that team is a matchup nightmare for us. i can't figure out why, but we've never been able to beat them in the current era. you can't help but to feel that the saints have to be in the giants head a bit.