PDA

View Full Version : Jacobs signs with the 49ers..

giants2thebowl
03-28-2012, 12:24 PM
Per Adam Schefter twitter.

Adam Schefter ? @AdamSchefter Reply Retweet Favorite Open
San Francisco 49ers reached agreement with former Giants running back Brandon Jacobs.

giants2thebowl
03-28-2012, 12:25 PM
Thanks Brandon! One of my all time fav Giants, still will be my lucky uniform to wear on game days this upcoming season

bLuereverie
03-28-2012, 12:26 PM
bummer

GMenNY21
03-28-2012, 12:27 PM
Dammn

TuckYou
03-28-2012, 12:27 PM
wow. Manningham and Jacobs. </P>

49ers are built to win the SB this season, as long as Alex Smith doesnt screw it up. </P>

nygpolishpunk
03-28-2012, 12:28 PM
wow. Manningham and Jacobs. </p>

49ers are built to win the SB this season, as long as Alex Smith doesnt screw it up. </p>
That's a big what if

GMenNY21
03-28-2012, 12:29 PM
Harbough loves our players huh?

rxc999
03-28-2012, 12:37 PM
Damnn....that's ok though..J. stewart can be a good replacement and also is bit speedy guy.

Flip Empty
03-28-2012, 12:38 PM
*******s. By the looks of things, "If you can't beat 'em, sign 'em" is the motto of the Niners' off-season.

Well, good luck to Brandon, he will be missed.

TrueBlue@NYC
03-28-2012, 12:39 PM
Interesting signing for SF. Goes in line with when they go to their super jumbo formations with J. Smith as a FB. They could really impose alot of physicality on the field now. </P>

titwio
03-28-2012, 12:41 PM
I liked Jacobs a lot but I'm glad he's moved on. Wish him luck but, I'm looking forward to the Giants getting younger and upgrading the #2 RB position.

Guess SF likes are sloppy seconds though.

GGTM_1977
03-28-2012, 12:42 PM
I don't like this......we have to play them next year, and their run game is good. Their oline will make BJ look like old BJ..........I have always said I would hate for our D to have to face the wrecking ball, now it is a reality.

ryan12
03-28-2012, 12:42 PM
first 3 years unstopable. will miss his passion

DemandedAce
03-28-2012, 12:43 PM
So... instead of playing ALONGSIDE AB and SPLITTING CARRIES with him he's choosing to play BEHIND Gore and Hunter? Idiot.

TuckYou
03-28-2012, 12:44 PM
I really dont get this signing though. </P>

Gore is the #1 and Hunter was the 3rd down backup. Where does Jacobs fit in? Backup insurance? Intimidation? </P>

Good luck Jacobs, just not against us. </P>

alau53
03-28-2012, 12:44 PM
I don't like this......we have to play them next year, and their run game is good. Their oline will make BJ look like old BJ..........I have always said I would hate for our D to have to face the wrecking ball, now it is a reality.

do we play the niners in NY/NJ

TuckYou
03-28-2012, 12:46 PM
I don't like this......we have to play them next year, and their run game is good. Their oline will make BJ look like old BJ..........I have always said I would hate for our D to have to face the wrecking ball, now it is a reality. do we play the niners in NY/NJ</P>

No, in SF</P>

CTLadyBlue
03-28-2012, 12:48 PM

49ers are built to win the SB this season, as long as Alex Smith doesnt screw it up. </p>
That's a big what if

Exactly! How many other teams won championships after signing our players (excluding Shockey to the Saints)?

Really, Manningham wouldn't be the receiver he was without Eli. I'd like to see him shine just as brightly on the receiving end of an Alex Smith throw. And Jacobs - let him tippy-toe around that mud hole they call a field until he twists an ankle.

Not to worry - we'll pick up diamonds-in-the-rough elsewhere.

THE_New_York_Giants
03-28-2012, 12:49 PM
He won't see the field much. Jacobs is going to end up being that guy that tries to stick around too long after his legs are gone. We'll see him in the UFL or CFL in a year. There's nothing wrong with playing the sport you love for as long as you want, but his age and style of play doesn't usually result in a long career. Look at Marion Barber. He really declined over the past 2 years and is now retired. Running backs don't last long in the NFL.

radar-ray
03-28-2012, 12:49 PM
I don't like this......we have to play them next year, and their run game is good. Their oline will make BJ look like old BJ..........I have always said I would hate for our D to have to face the wrecking ball, now it is a reality.This. BJ detractors, don't cry when BJ/Gore with that OL pounds the s--- out of us, and MM/Moss strech the field when we load up the box to stop them.

THE_New_York_Giants
03-28-2012, 12:50 PM

That's a big what if

Exactly! How many other teams won championships after signing our players (excluding Shockey to the Saints)?

Really, Manningham wouldn't be the receiver he was without Eli. I'd like to see him shine just as brightly on the receiving end of an Alex Smith throw. And Jacobs - let him tippy-toe around that mud hole they call a field until he twists an ankle.

Not to worry - we'll pick up diamonds-in-the-rough elsewhere. Manningham dropped at least 3 sure touchdowns last year alone. He makes a lot of big key drops.

MikeIsaGiant
Jacobs is going to get a 3rd ring

davecrazy
Maybe Harbuagh can teach him to lower his should and plow guys instead of dancing looking for a cutback lane.

Flip Empty
03-28-2012, 12:51 PM
So... instead of playing ALONGSIDE AB and SPLITTING CARRIES with him he's choosing to play BEHIND Gore and Hunter? Idiot.
There'll be room for him. He'll help keep Gore fresh

TuckYou
03-28-2012, 12:52 PM
wow. Manningham and Jacobs. </P>

49ers are built to win the SB this season, as long as Alex Smith doesnt screw it up. </P>

That's a big what if
Exactly! How many other teams won championships after signing our players (excluding Shockey to the Saints)? Really, Manningham wouldn't be the receiver he was without Eli. I'd like to see him shine just as brightly on the receiving end of an Alex Smith throw. And Jacobs - let him tippy-toe around that mud hole they call a field until he twists an ankle. Not to worry - we'll pick up diamonds-in-the-rough elsewhere.</P>

Wow, you are quick to put the hate on our ex players. I wish them well, except vs us. I agree though, Manningham wont get near what he was getting here with Eli. </P>

GameTime
03-28-2012, 12:55 PM
So... instead of playing ALONGSIDE AB and SPLITTING CARRIES with him he's choosing to play BEHIND Gore and Hunter? Idiot.</P>

why is he an idiot??</P>

do you know the his contract deals areand what is in store for him at SF??. </P>

</P>

timmytimm3
I have a feeling Jacobs is going to have a big year behind that offensive line. They can open up some holes for the big guy.

Scary thought.

SweetZombieJesus
Wow. Thanks for everything you did as a Giant (and come back home when you hang 'em up for good).

Gore and BJ? Anyway I think BJ is done can't pick up 3rd and 1. Tip toe burglar.

radar-ray
Jacobs is going to get a 3rd ring
Agree!

DemandedAce
03-28-2012, 12:57 PM
So... instead of playing ALONGSIDE AB and SPLITTING CARRIES with him he's choosing to play BEHIND Gore and Hunter? Idiot.</P>

why is he an idiot??</P>

do you know the his contract deals are*and what is in store for him at SF??. </P>

*</P>

Did you not read the other 19 words in my post? He complained last year about not getting enough action and getting the ball enough.

G-Men Surg.
03-28-2012, 12:57 PM
Darn it !

Firenugget
03-28-2012, 12:58 PM
I ain't scerrrd of the tip toe burglar. I doubt our defense is either.

GameTime
03-28-2012, 12:58 PM
He won't see the field much. Jacobs is going to end up being that guy that tries to stick around too long after his legs are gone. We'll see him in the UFL or CFL in a year. There's nothing wrong with playing the sport you love for as long as you want, but his age and style of play doesn't usually result in a long career. Look at Marion Barber. He really declined over the past 2 years and is now retired. Running backs don't last long in the NFL.</P>

no way Jacobs plays for the UFL or CFL. What makes you think he will stick around too long??You compare him to Marion Barber who just retired. You say he declined...well thats why he retired.!!Did he go to the CFL??...</P>

whats ur point???</P>

ELIteManning
03-28-2012, 12:59 PM
Can't wait to see what the details of the contract are. I was ok if Jacobs came back but I would prefer he moved on and we replace him. I haven't seen him do anything that can't be matched or upgraded. He has not look like the old Jacobs in quite some time. My guess is halfway through the season no one will be saying "I really wish we had Jacobs back."

Kruunch
03-28-2012, 01:00 PM
I really dont get this signing though. </P>

Gore is the #1 and Hunter was the 3rd down backup. Where does Jacobs fit in? Backup insurance? Intimidation? </P>

Good luck Jacobs, just not against us. </P>

Spells Gore and Gore gets nicked up a lot.

I think it was a good signing for them.

titwio
03-28-2012, 01:01 PM

why is he an idiot??</P>

do you know the his contract deals are*and what is in store for him at SF??. </P>

*</P>

Did you not read the other 19 words in my post? He complained last year about not getting enough action and getting the ball enough.

I don't think at this stage of his career he can afford to be picky. He did just get released and will be 30 years old in a couple of months. I don't think many teams were showing interest either to be fair.

SweetZombieJesus

Bart Oates won with SF the year he left.

Joe Jurevicius won with the Bucs the year he left.

Ed McCaffree starred on the back-to-back champion Broncos.

It does happen.

NYG4ME
I ain't scerrrd of the tip toe burglar. I doubt our defense is either.

This and his attitude the past few seasons has been shaky. This loss doesnt bother me at all. Take care brandon, thanks for the memories!

GameTime
03-28-2012, 01:05 PM

why is he an idiot??</P>

do you know the his contract deals areand what is in store for him at SF??. </P>

</P>

Did you not read the other 19 words in my post? He complained last year about not getting enough action and getting the ball enough.</P>

I quoted your post.....where do you say he complained???</P>

still not an idiot in my book. He moved on...so what.</P>

Lambeau12
03-28-2012, 01:07 PM
I was hoping we could sign him. Wishing him well in SF but not that well lol.

DemandedAce
03-28-2012, 01:08 PM
Sigh, not going to bother arguing with you it's like arguing with a wall. He said it last season, I'm not going through all the floods of media clippings to find it to satisfy your need for evidence so congrats you win I'm not gonna stand here arguing with a brick.

Also, the reason he would be an idiot is for the aforementioned reasons; complaining about not getting the ball enough and then signing to a team with a crowded backfield.

Seeya

GameTime
03-28-2012, 01:10 PM
Sigh, not going to bother arguing with you it's like arguing with a wall. He said it last season, I'm not going through all the floods of media clippings to find it to satisfy your need for evidence so congrats you win I'm not gonna stand here arguing with a brick. Also, the reason he would be an idiot is for the aforementioned reasons; complaining about not getting the ball enough and then signing to a team with a crowded backfield. Seeya</P>

wow......</P>

ur such a little *****....</P>

</P>

Flip Empty
03-28-2012, 01:12 PM

Bart Oates won with SF the year he left.

Ed McCaffree starred on the back-to-back champion Broncos.

Joe Jurevicius won with the Bucs the year he left.

It does happen.

Ryan Clark?

Toadofsteel
03-28-2012, 01:13 PM
Eh, the giants can probably just switch JPP into a more linebacker-y position whenever jacobs is in the backfield... that's going to be insane to watch.

Best of luck (except against us), and thanks for all the memories.

Next man up!

Flip Empty
03-28-2012, 01:15 PM
Sigh, not going to bother arguing with you it's like arguing with a wall. He said it last season, I'm not going through all the floods of media clippings to find it to satisfy your need for evidence so congrats you win I'm not gonna stand here arguing with a brick.

Also, the reason he would be an idiot is for the aforementioned reasons; complaining about not getting the ball enough and then signing to a team with a crowded backfield.

Seeya
He didn't re-sign with the Giants because they wouldn't pay him what he wanted. His decision had nothing to do with how often he got the ball.

THE_New_York_Giants
03-28-2012, 01:16 PM
He won't see the field much. Jacobs is going to end up being that guy that tries to stick around too long after his legs are gone. We'll see him in the UFL or CFL in a year. There's nothing wrong with playing the sport you love for as long as you want, but his age and style of play doesn't usually result in a long career. Look at Marion Barber. He really declined over the past 2 years and is now retired. Running backs don't last long in the NFL.</P>

no way Jacobs plays for the UFL or CFL. What makes you think he will stick around too long??You compare him to Marion Barber who just retired. You say he declined...well thats why he retired.!!*Did he go to the CFL??...</P>

whats ur point???</P>
My point is, Jacobs seems like he'd be the guy who doesn't know when to hang the cleats up. He is done as a consistent runner.

GameTime
03-28-2012, 01:18 PM

no way Jacobs plays for the UFL or CFL. What makes you think he will stick around too long??You compare him to Marion Barber who just retired. You say he declined...well thats why he retired.!!Did he go to the CFL??...</P>

whats ur point???</P>

My point is, Jacobs seems like he'd be the guy who doesn't know when to hang the cleats up. He is done as a consistent runner.</P>

no...I understand. He has been done as primary for a couple of seasons. But he can still contribute. Most running backs get releagted to a back up role for a year or more before they hang it up. Hope he goes out gracefully....</P>

</P>

ryan12
03-28-2012, 01:56 PM

no way Jacobs plays for the UFL or CFL. What makes you think he will stick around too long??You compare him to Marion Barber who just retired. You say he declined...well thats why he retired.!!*Did he go to the CFL??...</P>

whats ur point???</P>

My point is, Jacobs seems like he'd be the guy who doesn't know when to hang the cleats up. He is done as a consistent runner.</P>

no...I understand. He has been done as primary for a couple of seasons. But he can still contribute. Most running backs get releagted to a back up role for a year or more before they hang it up. Hope he goes out gracefully....</P>

*</P>

lol to your comment to demandace

DemandedAce
03-28-2012, 02:01 PM
Sigh, not going to bother arguing with you it's like arguing with a wall. He said it last season, I'm not going through all the floods of media clippings to find it to satisfy your need for evidence so congrats you win I'm not gonna stand here arguing with a brick. Also, the reason he would be an idiot is for the aforementioned reasons; complaining about not getting the ball enough and then signing to a team with a crowded backfield. Seeya</P>

wow......</P>

*</P>

You have a serious attitude problem. I'm not a little *expletive* because I quote something he said last season and relate it to his decision today, you're the *expletive* for always trying to start freaking arguments. You *can* just let something go once in a while, doesn't make me an *expletive* for speaking my mind on a FORUM

BJacobs aka The Problem
03-28-2012, 02:18 PM

whats ur point???</P>
My point is, Jacobs seems like he'd be the guy who doesn't know when to hang the cleats up. He is done as a consistent runner.

Completely disagree. Jacobs can still be a consistent runner when he has a consistent offensive line.

And btw, I am now the saddest Giants fan right now. Next to Kiwi, he was by far my favorite current Giants football player. He played with a fire and passion that is going to be greatly missed next year. This sucks.

bigjeep
03-28-2012, 02:26 PM
Bottom line, the Giants did not want him back for ANY money. Players come and go, but the NY Giants will always be here for us!

GameTime
03-28-2012, 02:26 PM

wow......</P>

</P>

You have a serious attitude problem. I'm not a little *expletive* because I quote something he said last season and relate it to his decision today, you're the *expletive* for always trying to start freaking arguments. You *can* just let something go once in a while, doesn't make me an *expletive* for <FONT color=#000080 size=4>speaking my mind</FONT> on a FORUM</P>

ok....so you say to read the 19 other words in orig post that say you mentioned Jacobs complained about not getting enough carries. So I look back to make sure and low and behold you didnt mention anything about that. So I called you out on that and you got mad because I didnt know that you were only implying it and didnt reallt say it. Go figure!!You then proceed to say (para phrasing)"well I am not going to look back and copy all the past things said about Jacobs not being happy" . So you NEVER did say **** about it in your orig post. Then you have the balls to say I have an attitude???!!</P>

I do have an attitude probelm when dumbasses like you make idiotic arguements and have nothing to back them up. Thenreference **** you never even said as yourarguement.You want to attack me persoanlly thats fine but expect some rebuttle. I could let it go but hashing it out with you is so much fun because you contradict yourself and fuel to your own fire. </P>

BTW....when you speak your mind....we all get a bit dumber if we are unfortunate enough to read it.</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

GameTime
03-28-2012, 02:27 PM

whats ur point???</P>

</P>

lol to your comment to demandace</P>

[B]</P>

Kase-1
03-28-2012, 02:36 PM
No matter what happens, I would like to see him re-sign at least a 1 day contract with us before he retires so he can end his career a Giant

Thanks for the memories Brandon 'Bulldozer With A Wreckinball Attached' Jacobs!!!!

simms56
03-28-2012, 02:45 PM
It will be interesting to see what he has left behind a better line than he had last season. The 49ers could be a very scary team if Smith develops further.

radar-ray
03-28-2012, 02:48 PM
No matter what happens, I would like to see him re-sign at least a 1 day contract with us before he retires so he can end his career a Giant

Thanks for the memories Brandon 'Bulldozer With A Wreckinball Attached' Jacobs!!!!
Agree 100%.

DemandedAce
03-28-2012, 03:01 PM

wow......</P>

*</P>

You have a serious attitude problem. I'm not a little *expletive* because I quote something he said last season and relate it to his decision today, you're the *expletive* for always trying to start freaking arguments. You *can* just let something go once in a while, doesn't make me an *expletive* for <FONT color=#000080 size=4>speaking my mind</FONT> on a FORUM</P>

ok....so you say to read the 19 other words in orig post that say you mentioned Jacobs complained about not getting enough carries. So I look back to make sure and low and behold you didnt mention anything about that. So I called you out on that and you got mad because I didnt know that you were only implying it and didnt reallt say it. Go figure!!*You then proceed to say (para phrasing)*"well I am not going to look back and copy all the past things said about Jacobs not being happy" . So you NEVER did say **** about it in your orig post. Then you have the balls to say I have an attitude???!!</P>

I do have an attitude probelm when dumbasses like you make idiotic arguements and have nothing to back them up. Then*reference **** you never even said as your*arguement.*You want to attack me persoanlly thats fine but expect some rebuttle. I could let it go but hashing it out with you is so much fun because you contradict yourself and fuel to your own fire. </P>

BTW....when you speak your mind....we all get a bit dumber if we are unfortunate enough to read it.</P>

*</P>

*</P>

*</P>

Lol you're an idiot and a typical Internet tough guy. I did provide evidence and never once contradicted myself so don't try to pull that. You're the one who has only been an arrogant and acted like you know all. Do you realize the one thing that could loosely count as evidence that you referenced was the unknown details of his deal like you have insider knowledge on what they are. Back the **** off he complained last year about carries and I referenced it, that doesn't give you the right to be a ***** about it for no goddamn reason other than you think it's your right because you made a free account on here. Jesus Christ get a life man at least I had evidence to back up my OPINION you were just a ***** for no reason other than to make yourself feel better. Get over yourself you're not that big a deal

GameTime
03-28-2012, 03:07 PM

wow......</P>

</P>

ok....so you say to read the 19 other words in orig post that say you mentioned Jacobs complained about not getting enough carries. So I look back to make sure and low and behold you didnt mention anything about that. So I called you out on that and you got mad because I didnt know that you were only implying it and didnt reallt say it. Go figure!!You then proceed to say (para phrasing)"well I am not going to look back and copy all the past things said about Jacobs not being happy" . So you NEVER did say **** about it in your orig post. Then you have the balls to say I have an attitude???!!</P>

I do have an attitude probelm when dumbasses like you make idiotic arguements and have nothing to back them up. Thenreference **** you never even said as yourarguement.You want to attack me persoanlly thats fine but expect some rebuttle. I could let it go but hashing it out with you is so much fun because you contradict yourself and fuel to your own fire. </P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Lol you're an idiot and a typical Internet tough guy. I did provide evidence and never once contradicted myself so don't try to pull that. You're the one who has only been an arrogant and acted like you know all. Do you realize the one thing that could loosely count as evidence that you referenced was the unknown details of his deal like you have insider knowledge on what they are. Back the **** off he complained last year about carries and I referenced it, that doesn't give you the right to be a ***** about it for no goddamn reason other than you think it's your right because you made a free account on here. Jesus Christ get a life man at least I had evidence to back up my OPINION you were just a ***** for no reason other than to make yourself feel better. Get over yourself you're not that big a deal</P>

Whatever Skippy.......</P>

go have fun with urself....</P>

Medisleman
03-28-2012, 03:40 PM
He may not make the team ultimately. If he has a bad camp, don'tbe shocked to see him cut. This might have been a move simply to try to bother the GMEN.

nygsb42champs
03-28-2012, 03:41 PM
Good luck in SF Brandon.

radar-ray
03-28-2012, 03:43 PM
He may not* make the team ultimately.* If he has a bad camp, don'tbe shocked to see him cut.* This might have been a move simply to try to bother the GMEN.
100-1 this scenario happens unless by injury.

PIERCEnumber58rules
03-28-2012, 03:43 PM
Good luck BJ. Thanks for the memories. It was fun having you as a Giant. I'll always remember getting your autograph at training camp, your 50 yard TD run in Buffalo and the way Charles Woodson bounced off you in the 07 NFCCG! And yea, come back and retire as a Giant.

LT_was_good
03-28-2012, 03:55 PM
For our sake I wish Jacobs didnt go to a contender, but for his sake I'm happy for him. Smart place to go. They run it a lot and never fall way behind, so they will have plenty of use for him. Nice pickup by them as well, to add a veteran leader with a couple rings.

TheBookOfEli
03-28-2012, 04:17 PM
Wow, they are now becoming the San Francisco Giants...........oh wait...

Giants-NJ
03-28-2012, 04:35 PM
Tip Toe Burglar is gone. Can't say I am sorry to see him go. He was beginning to be a cancer on the team with his mouth. His time is past. Now its time to let some of the young backs pick up the torch.

Joe Morrison
03-28-2012, 04:46 PM
Tip Toe Burglar is gone. Can't say I am sorry to see him go. He was beginning to be a cancer on the team with his mouth. His time is past. Now its time to let some of the young backs pick up the torch.</P>

You'll be singing a differnt tune if the GMEN don't pick up someone to replace him, don't tell me there is one already on the team, have seen enough of WARE, bunch of other guys who are always hurt, and maybe Scott if he can learn the playbook, but he's not Brandon.</P>

Good Luck to him, that is until he meets up with the GMEN again!</P>

hungrrrry
03-28-2012, 05:15 PM
So... instead of playing ALONGSIDE AB and SPLITTING CARRIES with him he's choosing to play BEHIND Gore and Hunter? Idiot.Guys like Jacobs...dumb...think they have all the leverage in these situations. They are too ignorant to realize when things are bad. That kissing the coaches butt at the end of a good year doesn't make you invincible. Jacobs became expendable and could have signed for 1.5 mil in 2012 with an opportunity to prove himself with a potentially improved Oline...I don't know the terms yet but he likely signed for even less...maybe even less than a million for a third down role, at best, where he can't show a whole lot. I hope he has been saving his money...not many more charities out there for Jacobs.

hungrrrry
03-28-2012, 05:19 PM
He may not* make the team ultimately.* If he has a bad camp, don'tbe shocked to see him cut.* This might have been a move simply to try to bother the GMEN.
100-1 this scenario happens unless by injury.doesn't bother me...I am glad he won't be handicapping us with his plodding scatback maneuvers.

Giants-NJ
03-28-2012, 05:22 PM
I would not be sorry. His big mouth is enough of a reason to get rid of him. And we did!

Weygand
03-28-2012, 05:25 PM
Well that sucks. Yes, he'd already been released and I understand the Giants shying away from paying him what he would be owed.

I'd rather he have gone to an AFC team though.

Oh well.....Great Giant and we were fortunate to have him on the team. Thanks for the memories and good luck down the road big guy.

/Today, the Giants are a little bit smaller....

Weygand
03-28-2012, 05:26 PM
Good luck BJ. Thanks for the memories. It was fun having you as a Giant. I'll always remember getting your autograph at training camp, your 50 yard TD run in Buffalo and the way Charles Woodson bounced off you in the 07 NFCCG! And yea, come back and retire as a Giant.

+1

radar-ray
03-28-2012, 05:26 PM
100-1 this scenario happens unless by injury.doesn't bother me...I am glad he won't be handicapping us with his plodding scatback maneuvers. We should only be so lucky to be handicaped by another all time Giant TD rusher, that helps bring us 2 SB's in 4 years. Ingrate.

chasjay
03-28-2012, 05:27 PM
I wish him luck - but just some. Not enough to help beat us or to get them back to the playoffs.

Weygand
03-28-2012, 05:35 PM
We should only be so lucky to be handicapped by another all time Giant TD rusher, that helps bring us 2 SB's in 4 years. Ingrate.

I'll drink to that. Great Giant.

hungrrrry
03-28-2012, 05:42 PM
100-1 this scenario happens unless by injury.doesn't bother me...I am glad he won't be handicapping us with his plodding scatback maneuvers. We should only be so lucky to be handicaped by another all time Giant TD rusher, that helps bring us 2 SB's in 4 years. Ingrate.My loyalty lies with the team, not any one player...including the #1 or #2 all-time Giants TD Rusher. I liked watching him play when he pounded the line or swing out for the screen (on the occasions where he caught it, in particular). Jacobs can't do it anymore and the niners will find that out. Why should I hope or expect we keep him strictly out of loyalty? it doesn't make the team better.
It doesn't make me an ingrate when I want the team to win and prosper...I don't care if these guys are rolling in cash...I'm not and I have busted my *** for longer than most of these guys have existed and no one will tell me they deserve it more than me and alot of my friends do. Jacobs is the ingrate if anyone. Don't treat these guys like they are royalty, you only diminish yourself!

Weygand
03-28-2012, 05:51 PM
100-1 this scenario happens unless by injury.doesn't bother me...I am glad he won't be handicapping us with his plodding scatback maneuvers. We should only be so lucky to be handicaped by another all time Giant TD rusher, that helps bring us 2 SB's in 4 years. Ingrate.My loyalty lies with the team, not any one player...including the #1 or #2 all-time Giants TD Rusher. I liked watching him play when he pounded the line or swing out for the screen (on the occasions where he caught it, in particular). Jacobs can't do it anymore and the niners will find that out. Why should I hope or expect we keep him strictly out of loyalty? it doesn't make the team better.
It doesn't make me an ingrate when I want the team to win and prosper...I don't care if these guys are rolling in cash...I'm not and I have busted my *** for longer than most of these guys have existed and no one will tell me they deserve it more than me and alot of my friends do. Jacobs is the ingrate if anyone. Don't treat these guys like they are royalty, you only diminish yourself!

I bet you're a big Lee Marvin fan....

Tommy3rd
03-28-2012, 05:51 PM
I find it funny how he kept on saying " I wanna stay in the area, since i like it here" then what does he do? sign with a team at the other end of the country! He wasn't looking for a fair deal with the Giants, he was looking for a place that would sign him.

radar-ray
03-28-2012, 05:56 PM
It doesn't make me an ingrate when I want the team to win and prosper...I don't care if these guys are rolling in cash...I'm not and I have busted my *** for longer than most of these guys have existed and no one will tell me they deserve it more than me and alot of my friends do. Jacobs is the ingrate if anyone. Don't treat these guys like they are royalty, you only diminish yourself!So people who recognize his contributions and wish him well, are treating him like royalty and don't want the team to win and prosper!!! That's a pretty far fetched interpretation. The only people diminishing themselves are the ones spending time doing the badmouthing. FYI: Bradshaw didn't do it last year either. Gee, the OL might have something to do with it.

GameTime
03-28-2012, 06:09 PM
So... instead of playing ALONGSIDE AB and SPLITTING CARRIES with him he's choosing to play BEHIND Gore and Hunter? Idiot.Guys like Jacobs...dumb...think they have all the leverage in these situations. They are too ignorant to realize when things are bad. That kissing the coaches butt at the end of a good year doesn't make you invincible. Jacobs became expendable and could have signed for 1.5 mil in 2012 with an opportunity to prove himself with a potentially improved Oline...I don't know the terms yet but he likely signed for even less...maybe even less than a million for a third down role, at best, where he can't show a whole lot. I hope he has been saving his money...not many more charities out there for Jacobs.</P>

why is he dumb?? Because the Giants wanted him to take ANOTHER pay cut. He can go to another team who is giving him a bit more money. Besides the Niners are in the top picks to get into the playoffs and to the SB next season. They have a better chance statistcally than a tean does at repeating. </P>

Not such a dumb move at all. Oh Yeah.....the Niners are much more of a running team than the Ginats are.....in their current configurations</P>

Dirt66
03-28-2012, 07:46 PM
Thanks for everything Brandon...Hope you lose to the Giants in the NFC Championship Game next year at GIANTS STADIUM!!

TheEnigma
03-28-2012, 08:47 PM
Seems like 49ers fans are upset with this pick up.

Some keep saying it's great because he's a "short yardage back". That makes me laugh every time I see it mentioned.

Flip Empty
03-28-2012, 09:13 PM
he's a "short yardage back". That makes me laugh every time I see it mentioned.
Haha yeah, I've heard that a lot from non Giants fans over the years.

Tommy3rd
03-28-2012, 09:53 PM
he's a short yardage back alright. if you need 2 yards, he'll give you a hard 1 1/2 yards. lol

swimeasy
03-29-2012, 01:08 AM
Best wishes Brandon except against us at the stick this season.

Youngb
03-29-2012, 02:08 AM
49er fan that came over to see what you guys thought about Jacobs. Seems like most of ya guys will miss him but he fell off a bit this year. I hope he can get back to his form that won my fantasy football league a few years back.

Was he really that bad in short yardage? Someone over on the 9er forums said he was 5-7 in 3rd in 2 (or less). He had quite a few carries last year and I thought that overall number was low. Is he that bad in those situations? Btw, I love the nickname you guys gave him.

Anyway, best of luck on the rest of the offseason. I think Jonathan Stewart would be an awesome pickup for you guys. Only knock imo is injury prone. I was hoping 9ers would take a look at picking him up.

aznNYG86
03-29-2012, 04:29 AM
Is it just me or did we lose a big chunk of our players this offseason more so than any other offseason?

Spytheweb
03-29-2012, 04:41 AM
49ers are going to be where they belong, at .500. Any team like them that expects a great season has to look at the fact that if they didn't get as many turnovers they would not have been where they gotten. They can not count on the ball bouncing their way every year.

I bet BJ took less money than the Giants offered than uprooted his life to go west.

Spytheweb
03-29-2012, 04:44 AM

Great point!!! Less money, even less carries.

Flip Empty
03-29-2012, 05:17 AM
49ers are going to be where they belong, at .500. Any team like them that expects a great season has to look at the fact that if they didn't get as many turnovers they would not have been where they gotten. They can not count on the ball bouncing their way every year.

I bet BJ took less money than the Giants offered than uprooted his life to go west.

What? Those turnovers weren't luck. That's like saying the Giants wouldn't have done what they did if they didn't manage to continually pressure opposing QBs.

And the Giants were only one game off .500 last season.

giantsfan420
03-29-2012, 05:25 AM

What? Those turnovers weren't luck. That's like saying the Giants wouldn't have done what they did if they didn't manage to continually pressure opposing QBs.

fail to see how ur example fits, we wouldnt have done what we did if the pass rush didnt continually pressure opposing qbs.

Flip Empty
03-29-2012, 05:47 AM

fail to see how ur example fits, we wouldnt have done what we did if the pass rush didnt continually pressure opposing qbs.
Neither was luck. Niners get turnovers because they have a good D, and the Giants get sacks because they have a good D.
Detractors always try and bring an "if" into the equation when attempting to assess a team.

Bigbluereckingcrew
03-29-2012, 10:47 AM
Can't wait to see what the details of the contract are. I was ok if Jacobs came back but I would prefer he moved on and we replace him. I haven't seen him do anything that can't be matched or upgraded. He has not look like the old Jacobs in quite some time. My guess is halfway through the season no one will be saying "I really wish we had Jacobs back."

Rewatch the falcons game and then talk $hit. He ran angry that day