PDA

View Full Version : How does Everyone Feel about Trading back?

GiantPride27
03-28-2012, 12:56 PM
Now, Trading back is not usually the Jerry Reese and NYG way of drafting. However i feel that the front office would jump on it if they felt it was the best situation for the team.

IF no prize falls to the giants at 32, would you mind trading back? and if so whats your price?

I would love to see them trade back for a 2nd and a 3rd or 4th.

IMO at 32 there doesnt seem to be alot of value to be had. (if the draft goes as most mocks perdict)

thoughts?

GGTM_1977
03-28-2012, 12:59 PM
I dunno......trading back with the 32nd pick seems kinda silly. Most people I have read here say a 32 pick in the 1st is like an overglorified 2nd round pick........I would probably say no to this, we have 8 picks this year, that should do us.

Kruunch
03-28-2012, 01:06 PM
Now, Trading back is not usually the Jerry Reese and NYG way of drafting. However i feel that the front office would jump on it if they felt it was the best situation for the team.

IF no prize falls to the giants at 32, would you mind trading back? and if so whats your price?

I would love to see them trade back for a 2nd and a 3rd or 4th.

IMO at 32 there doesnt seem to be alot of value to be had. (if the draft goes as most mocks perdict)

thoughts?

We don't trade back (ever) and the #32 pick isn't exactly highly coveted.

However late first round trades in general have happened and I would love it if someone gives us something stupid good.

Raptor22
03-28-2012, 01:11 PM
I suppose I'd be for it. 2 things however:

1) There aren't many scenarios where I can see a team wanting to trade back into the 1st (although I didn't see Denver trading back in for Tebus, nor did I see the Saints trading back in for Ingram).

2) I'm still predicting a QB feeding frenzy, like last year (maybe even worse), and there could also be a CB/pass rusher feeding frenzy, so there could be quite a few guys getting over-drafted, which means some top-level talent could be sitting there at 32. If somebody like Alshon Jeffery, Mike Brockers, Nick Perry, Stephon Gilmore, Dontari Poe... is sitting there, I HIGHLY doubt JR will trade back.

bLuereverie
03-28-2012, 01:55 PM
The 32nd pick can actually be interesting with the extra day in between the second round. If a coveted player falls, teams may want to trade into that spot rather than wait in the early second the next day, as there will be downtime for the top 5 teams to field potential trade calls almost like a condensed version of Washington/St. Louis deal.

With that said, there's no point in trading down unless you're absolutely confident one of your board players will still be available. They're not going to trade a pick for the sake of acquiring more if they're not going to field the talent they would if they just made the selection where they stand.

Morehead State
03-28-2012, 01:59 PM
Now, Trading back is not usually the Jerry Reese and NYG way of drafting. However i feel that the front office would jump on it if they felt it was the best situation for the team. IF no prize falls to the giants at 32, would you mind trading back? and if so whats your price? I would love to see them trade back for a 2nd and a 3rd or 4th. IMO at 32 there doesnt seem to be alot of value to be had. (if the draft goes as most mocks perdict) thoughts? We don't trade back (ever) and the #32 pick isn't exactly highly coveted. However late first round trades in general have happened and I would love it if someone gives us something stupid good.</P>

We traded back the year we drafted Kiwi.</P>

Kruunch
03-28-2012, 02:43 PM
Now, Trading back is not usually the Jerry Reese and NYG way of drafting. However i feel that the front office would jump on it if they felt it was the best situation for the team. IF no prize falls to the giants at 32, would you mind trading back? and if so whats your price? I would love to see them trade back for a 2nd and a 3rd or 4th. IMO at 32 there doesnt seem to be alot of value to be had. (if the draft goes as most mocks perdict) thoughts? We don't trade back (ever) and the #32 pick isn't exactly highly coveted. However late first round trades in general have happened and I would love it if someone gives us something stupid good.</P>

Totally forgot about that. But I meant we wouldn't trade out of the first (which trading back here would entail).

GMENAGAIN
03-28-2012, 02:51 PM

</P>

Yep, the Steelers took Santonio Holmes with our pick, I think . . . . . </P>

myles2424
03-28-2012, 03:09 PM
If there no clear cut BPA....why not?

Kase-1
03-28-2012, 03:41 PM
I wouldnt mind trading back as long as we get decent value, I would like an extra 2nd round pick and maybe a 3rd depending on who's trading it to us. There are going to be alot of good talents there in the 2nd round of the draft

Spedracer
03-28-2012, 03:44 PM
I disagree with trading back. We don't need any more draft picks and frankly, I would say we can even afford to trade some away considering its highly unlikely 8 rookies make the team this year.

Morehead State
03-28-2012, 03:51 PM

Totally forgot about that. But I meant we wouldn't trade out of the first (which trading back here would entail).</P>

Well we traded to #32 with the Steelers. thast pretty close. I wouldn't be surprised to see us trade down if some targeted players are gone. But it takes two to Tango, someone else would have to want a player on the board.</P>

So its unlikely.</P>

Morehead State
03-28-2012, 03:52 PM

</P>

Yep, the Steelers took Santonio Holmes with our pick, I think . . . . . </P>

</P>

Then we traded up for Sinorice in the 2nd...Yikes.</P>

Shockeyitus
03-28-2012, 04:42 PM
I can see one scenario where this could
happen....

I dont see Ryan Tannehill being a top 10 talent in this draft. So with that said, Miami goes with Michael Floyd, Riley Reiff, Melvin Ingram or Dontari Poe at # 9....and if he makes it past the Browns at #22....Then teams like Miami, Cleveland or Kansas City could look to make moves to get back in the first round to grab this kid. But, not likely.

GiantPride27
03-28-2012, 05:30 PM
happen....

I dont see Ryan Tannehill being a top 10 talent in this draft. So with that said, Miami goes with Michael Floyd, Riley Reiff, Melvin Ingram or Dontari Poe at # 9....and if he makes it past the Browns at #22....Then teams like Miami, Cleveland or Kansas City could look to make moves to get back in the first round to grab this kid. But, not likely.

for arguments sake ima guess one of those teams will look to trade up to pick him up at 32. then we can trade back and fill more needs

Trade NYG 1st rounder for a late 2nd and a 4th round pick.

2a. – Chandler Jones – DE – Syracuse – Love the kid especially in the second. Has the size and speed to be an elite player in the league. Osi is likely in his last season in NY(cap issues) and tolly is prolly gone in FA. Chandler can step in as a rotational guy behind Tuck/JPP/Osi this year. Plus has the ability to play DT aswell (especially in pass situations)

2b. - Kelechi Osemele – OG – Iowa State – I think he is a very underrated OL in this draft. Keep DD at OT and have Osemele opposite Snee. He also has the ability to play Tackle if need be. Definite upgrade from any current guard outside of Snee. I like Mitch Petus but he isn’t the same caliber of player as Osemele. I’d convert MitchP to back up center.

3. – Mychal Kendricks – ILB – California – another prospect who I feel is underrated. Has the size and athleticism to be a three down LB.

4a. – R. Turbin – RB – Utah State – Big power back who can be a solid replacement for Jacobs. Runs hard and low. Has decent ball skills out of the backfield. Can Pass Block. Isn’t going to break any ankles but will run through defenders.

4b. – L. Green – TE – Louisiana – Lafayette – Great Receiving Threat in the mould of Hernandez. Runs a 4.5 40yrd dash. Isn’t a great blocker but gives great effort. Will be used in spread out a lot and is a match up nightmare. Cover some production that was lost from MM leaving. Id love to see him used at a 3rd/4th WR too, like Keller for the NYJ.

4c. – Marvin McNutt – WR – Iowa – Reminds me of Toomer. Good size, Good routes, Good Hands. Isn’t going run by anyone nor win to many foot races but I think he projects to a solid possession receiver and over the middle receiver. Has lots of time to develop due to NYG deep WR corp. JJ is going to get the 3rd spot to start off training camp so he wouldn’t have a lot of pressure to step right in to MM spot.

5. – N. Potter – OL – Boise State – Solid OL who can play all down the line. Will add solid depth and needed youth. Potential starting quality after a few years as back up. I am very high on him personally.

6. – D. Page-Moss – DE – UNC – Injuries have him so low but was a 1st round potential prior to it. After a year of getting back in football shape and rotating in (i.e. M. Austin) could be a sleeper star

7. – Blair Walsh – K – Georgia – I just really hate L.Tynes and want a new kicker. Yes he had a ok year but I want to feel confident not scared when my kicker takes the field.

Kase-1
03-28-2012, 05:36 PM
happen....

for arguments sake ima guess one of those teams will look to trade up to pick him up at 32. then we can trade back and fill more needs

2a. – Chandler Jones – DE – Syracuse – Love the kid especially in the second. Has the size and speed to be an elite player in the league. Osi is likely in his last season in NY(cap issues) and tolly is prolly gone in FA. Chandler can step in as a rotational guy behind Tuck/JPP/Osi this year. Plus has the ability to play DT aswell (especially in pass situations)

2b. - Kelechi Osemele – OG – Iowa State – I think he is a very underrated OL in this draft. Keep DD at OT and have Osemele opposite Snee. He also has the ability to play Tackle if need be. Definite upgrade from any current guard outside of Snee. I like Mitch Petus but he isn’t the same caliber of player as Osemele. I’d convert MitchP to back up center.

3. – Mychal Kendricks – ILB – California – another prospect who I feel is underrated. Has the size and athleticism to be a three down LB.

4a. – R. Turbin – RB – Utah State – Big power back who can be a solid replacement for Jacobs. Runs hard and low. Has decent ball skills out of the backfield. Can Pass Block. Isn’t going to break any ankles but will run through defenders.

4b. – L. Green – TE – Louisiana – Lafayette – Great Receiving Threat in the mould of Hernandez. Runs a 4.5 40yrd dash. Isn’t a great blocker but gives great effort. Will be used in spread out a lot and is a match up nightmare. Cover some production that was lost from MM leaving. Id love to see him used at a 3rd/4th WR too, like Keller for the NYJ.

4c. – Marvin McNutt – WR – Iowa – Reminds me of Toomer. Good size, Good routes, Good Hands. Isn’t going run by anyone nor win to many foot races but I think he projects to a solid possession receiver and over the middle receiver. Has lots of time to develop due to NYG deep WR corp. JJ is going to get the 3rd spot to start off training camp so he wouldn’t have a lot of pressure to step right in to MM spot.

5. – N. Potter – OL – Boise State – Solid OL who can play all down the line. Will add solid depth and needed youth. Potential starting quality after a few years as back up. I am very high on him personally.

6. – D. Page-Moss – DE – UNC – Injuries have him so low but was a 1st round potential prior to it. After a year of getting back in football shape and rotating in (i.e. M. Austin) could be a sleeper star

7. – Blair Walsh – K – Georgia – I just really hate L.Tynes and want a new kicker. Yes he had a ok year but I want to feel confident not scared when my kicker takes the field.Id love it if we could trade back, get 2 second round picks and take Kelechi Osemele and a DE, but im more of a fan of Vinny Curry/or Whitney Mercilus

bLuereverie
03-28-2012, 08:58 PM
Now, Trading back is not usually the Jerry Reese and NYG way of drafting. However i feel that the front office would jump on it if they felt it was the best situation for the team. IF no prize falls to the giants at 32, would you mind trading back? and if so whats your price? I would love to see them trade back for a 2nd and a 3rd or 4th. IMO at 32 there doesnt seem to be alot of value to be had. (if the draft goes as most mocks perdict) thoughts? We don't trade back (ever) and the #32 pick isn't exactly highly coveted. However late first round trades in general have happened and I would love it if someone gives us something stupid good.</p>

We traded back the year we drafted Kiwi.</p>

</p>

Yep, the Steelers took Santonio Holmes with our pick, I think . . . . . </p>

</p>

Then we traded up for Sinorice in the 2nd...Yikes.</p>

Ahead of the Packers, who then took Greg Jennings.

GiantPride27
03-29-2012, 09:03 AM
happen....

7. – Blair Walsh – K – Georgia – I just really hate L.Tynes and want a new kicker. Yes he had a ok year but I want to feel confident not scared when my kicker takes the field.Id love it if we could trade back, get 2 second round picks and take Kelechi Osemele and a DE, but im more of a fan of* Vinny Curry/or Whitney Mercilus

Im not the biggest Mercilus fan but Vinny Curry is very interesting. He is a raw player who could develop well with out DL to work behind. Athletic freak.