PDA

View Full Version : No Giants opening day

Lambeau12
03-28-2012, 12:00 PM
Suprised were not playing you guys opening day. I almost guaranteed it would be the Giants opening night. Well I will be pulling for you guys to beat Dallas. You guys will do well like we did last season. I predict we get the Bears on SNF opening night now.

WR4Life
03-28-2012, 12:02 PM
I'm pretty surprised too to be honest. I thought it was a sure thing to be playing you guys. I don't think anyone saw Dallas being the team playing on opening night.

Kruunch
03-28-2012, 12:02 PM
Suprised were not playing you guys opening day. I almost guaranteed it would be the Giants opening night. Well I will be pulling for you guys to beat Dallas. You guys will do well like we did last season. I predict we get the Bears on SNF opening night now.

While I would have preferred to play you guys (better game imo) first, annhilating the Cowtoys to start the 2012 NFL season has its appeal too. [b]

NYG4ME
03-28-2012, 12:03 PM

I'm kinda bummed to be honest, I wanted GB as well too. Oh well, Looks like we'll have to start this years regular season just like we finished last years regular season.

Lambeau12
03-28-2012, 12:04 PM
I like the Gmen. Great team with classy fans. I could take the ending of last year for my team better then losing to the Vikings or Cowgirls.

GameTime
03-28-2012, 12:07 PM
Giants nd Cowboys are always a huge TV draw. Its opening night so they have a captive audience kind of anyway. But you cant beat JJ picking his nose on national TV.....

Kruunch
03-28-2012, 12:12 PM
Giants nd Cowboys are always a huge TV draw. Its opening night so they have a captive audience kind of anyway. But you cant beat JJ picking his nose on national TV.....

Oh I don't know ... this will always be a classic one for me:

http://cbssports.com/images/blogs/Jerry_Jones_Luxury_Box_Giants_Cowboys_SSP13.jpg

THE_New_York_Giants
03-28-2012, 12:14 PM
I am excited to demolish this cowpoop "team". They are about to get annihilated in 6 months bwahahahahahahahahaha

Kruunch
03-28-2012, 12:14 PM
This isn't a bad one either:

http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/jerry-jones-facepalm.jpg

GameTime
03-28-2012, 12:16 PM
Giants nd Cowboys are always a huge TV draw. Its opening night so they have a captive audience kind of anyway. But you cant beat JJ picking his nose on national TV..... Oh I don't know ... this will always be a classic one for me: http://cbssports.com/images/blogs/Jerry_Jones_Luxury_Box_Giants_Cowboys_SSP13.jpg</P>

the pic from the 07 playoffs with JJ on the side lines with score and game clock at 00 in the background.....that is the best IMO</P>

Its great we have several to chose from....:)</P>

Flip Empty
03-28-2012, 12:19 PM
Why did everyone want GB? I'd rather take the (seemingly) easier match-up first. The Giants will have a lot of new pieces who'll need to settle in, so I wouldn't want to run in to an angry Packers team right out of the gates.

It's common for the Giants to have a divisional match-up to open the season, so this isn't too big of a surprise

SweetZombieJesus
03-28-2012, 12:40 PM
http://readandreact.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/JerryJonesCrying.jpg

GameTime
03-28-2012, 12:44 PM
http://readandreact.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/JerryJonesCrying.jpg</P>

thats the one.....</P>

</P>

sweet.....gotta love that expression....</P>

ashleymarie
03-28-2012, 12:47 PM
Such good memories, all those photos of JJ.

Drez
03-28-2012, 03:06 PM
I was kind of surprised, too, until I remembered that the Dal/NYG game last year was the highest rated regular season game ever for SNF on NBC... Then I read that 3 of the 10 highest rated games on NBC have been Dal/NYG games. When viewed in that light, it makes sense to me.

Lambeau12
03-28-2012, 03:22 PM
How good do you guys think we will do next season? What areas do you think the Pack needs to improve to be back in super bowl contention?

Drez
03-28-2012, 03:28 PM
How good do you guys think we will do next season? What areas do you think the Pack needs to improve to be back in super bowl contention?
I fully expect you guys to be in the 11-5 to 13-3 range. Hard to give better than that range because I really don't know your sked, and there's no accounting for injuries, trap games, etc. But, Detroit is on the rise and Chicago was looking good before Cutler and Forte went down. You should be able to win your division and be a top 3 seed, though. For us, not knowing anything else, I'm thinking 10-6 to 12-4 (very optimistic on that end). We have a helluva sked next season and some holes to fill, but we should be playoff bound.

Defense. Need a better (more consistent) pass rush and some help in the secondary, though having a better pass rush helps the secondary. You guys can score points. But despite going 15-1 last year you just ended up giving up too many yards. It's a tough task to ask your defense to bend so much without breaking and then putting the pressure on your offense to score 30+ a game every game. The offense should be allowed to have an off day without it necessarily resulting in a loss.

chasjay
03-28-2012, 03:41 PM
Why did everyone want GB? I'd rather take the (seemingly) easier match-up first. The Giants will have a lot of new pieces who'll need to settle in, so I wouldn't want to run in to an angry Packers team right out of the gates.

It's common for the Giants to have a divisional match-up to open the season, so this isn't too big of a surprise

<font color="#FF0000">I was anxious to play the Packers without the threat of Matt Flynn hovering over us!! [:)]

<font color="#000000">JK - I have little doubt that Flynn is going to prove to be a good QB.</font>
</font>

bill2000
03-28-2012, 03:42 PM
"It's a tough task to ask your defense to bend so much without breaking
and then putting the pressure on your offense to score 30+ a game every
game. The offense should be allowed to have an off day without it
necessarily resulting in a loss."

God...that sounds like you're talking about the G-men here, same affliction!

I'm also happy not facing Green and Gold for our first game. I'd rather warm up with a good Romo beating and work out some kinks before we play Green Bay.

Lambeau12
03-28-2012, 03:42 PM
I think losing Nick Collins and Cullin Jenkins really killed our defense as well as Barnett. At least in most games we forced alot of turnovers and that won us most of our games. If we don't force the turnovers last year we could have easily been 12-4 or 11-5. Our schedule next year at home we have: Chicago, Minnesota, Detroit, Jacksonville, Tennessee, San Francisco, New Orleans and Arizona. Away we have: Chicago, Minnesota, Detroit, Indianapolis, Houston, Seattle, St. Louis and you guys. I can see us sweeping Minnesota but splitting with the Bears and Lions. I think we win the rest of our home games and on the road we lose to Houston and Seattle. Seattle is always a tough place to play despite their record.

Lambeau12
03-28-2012, 03:48 PM
Also the game against you guys is probably a loss for us as well. I hope Im wrong though but we do play better in NY. I bet we play you guys on primetime later in the year.