PDA

View Full Version : I see a bright future for Brandon Jacobs

AllTuckedUp
03-28-2012, 12:31 PM
Watch how well he runs this year behind a great offensive line. He is going to be playing angry and I assure you he will destroy people. Sad to let him go.

VegasGmen
03-28-2012, 12:39 PM
I wish him well also and will miss him but his skills aren't the same and are only on the decline. He could still give them some decent production though behind Gore.

BeatYale
03-28-2012, 12:48 PM
Cool story bro.

slipknottin
03-28-2012, 12:55 PM
They dont have a great OL. Their LT is not a good run blocker, their RT is crappy, their RG is crappy, and their center is decent. The only real good player they have is the LG.

TuckYou
03-28-2012, 12:56 PM
What I want to know is, who will pump the team up now for the offense?

AllTuckedUp
03-28-2012, 01:26 PM
What I want to know is, who will pump the team up now for the offense?

Up to Bradshaw I guess.

GameTime
03-28-2012, 01:29 PM
What I want to know is, who will pump the team up now for the offense?</P>

Bradshaw</P>

Cruz</P>

Hynoski</P>

we'll find out....</P>

</P>

repeatchamps
03-28-2012, 01:29 PM
What I want to know is, who will pump the team up now for the offense?</P>

Bradshaw or Nickshas to be that guy. Their style of play fits well with the type of things Jacobs would do from an emotional standpoint. Other than the QB the physical players aroundthe QBneed to be the guys to be the emotional leaders when the opportunity presents itself.</P>

Rich4114
03-28-2012, 01:34 PM
They're gonna need an offensive guy to step up and be vocal. This is the downside of having too many stand up guys. We need a few ****** bag loud mouths to be the guys to get the classy guys fired up, lol.

nygsb42champs
03-28-2012, 02:43 PM
Good Luck in Frisco.

Hooligans
03-28-2012, 03:04 PM
Watch how well he runs this year behind a great offensive line. He is going to be playing angry and I assure you he will destroy people. Sad to let him go.

There is no future for a 29-year old running back......especially one that tip-toes into the line.

Spizi
03-28-2012, 03:17 PM
I don't...

G-Man67
03-28-2012, 03:19 PM
hope he does well as much as i hate the niners ... future is a tricky word to use on a RB at his age ... a good season or two would be more realistic

bill2000
03-28-2012, 03:34 PM

There is no future for a 29-year old running back......especially one that tip-toes into the line.

He only tip-toed when the O-line didn't give him a lane to run into. When he was able to get across the line of scrimmage he was killer. I'll miss him.

Bing Crosby
03-28-2012, 03:36 PM
I see Jacobs getting stopped by the long arms of JPP as he is trying to push threw. Beyond that who knows though.

radar-ray
03-28-2012, 06:12 PM

He only tip-toed when the O-line didn't give him a lane to run into. When he was able to get across the line of scrimmage he was killer. I'll miss him.
Agree! Yes, BJ tip- toed to an all time Giant TD rushing record, and 2 SB wins.

miked1958
03-28-2012, 06:42 PM
Wow! Niners boards absolutely HATE the signing, they said he is soft, a loud mouth and most of them hate Brandon.

Several said whats this signing all the giants scrubs.

Others said they could have gone after michael bush or Tolbert and we get this Garbage!!

Some said relax he still has to make the team

Some said they need to convert him and him a backup fullback.

All in all it was tons of pages of griping and complaining.

Dirt66
03-28-2012, 06:48 PM
By looking at the "69ers" MB, they are NOT that psyched about his arrival in SF.</P>

radar-ray
03-28-2012, 07:11 PM
Wow! Niners boards absolutely HATE the signing, they said he is soft, a loud mouth and most of them hate Brandon.

Several said whats this signing all the giants scrubs.

Others said they could have gone after michael bush or Tolbert and we get this Garbage!!

Some said relax he still has to make the team

Some said they need to convert him and him a backup fullback.

All in all it was tons of pages of griping and complaining.What do you expect from the Left Coast progressives!!!

mikeq672
03-28-2012, 08:31 PM

Did Frank Gore and Kendall Hunter die? No? Then Jacobs isnt even going to get enough carries to do anything.

GMENAGAIN
03-28-2012, 08:56 PM
Hard to see a "bright future" for any RB over age 30 . . . .

JMFP2
03-28-2012, 09:13 PM
Watch how well he runs this year behind a great offensive line. He is going to be playing angry and I assure you he will destroy people. Sad to let him go.</P>

I agree. Jacobs will thrive in that system....but not sure how many touches he'll get with Gore as the #1 guy.</P>

Evo'Ed
03-28-2012, 09:20 PM
I wish BJ the best of success on the 49'ers (except when he plays us of course!).

BJ was one of my favorite players; the guy brought a lot of energy and physicality to our team.

He will always be a Giant in my book.

flimflam
03-28-2012, 09:27 PM
I see Andre Brown filling BJ's shoes and running with power and fulfilling the potential the Giants saw in him when they drafted him with a fourth round pick.

And as you know, Mr. Brown has some spirit of his own. I bet Big Blue wins another Lombardi Trophy on the shoulders of Big Bad Andre Brown.

Brandon was a great Giant and am thankful we had him on our team. But seasons change and so do players. We have to remember that we have to save our $ for Victor Cruz, Hakeem Nicks, and JPP soon. So see you BJ, and good luck, just not against us.

Jobarulz
03-28-2012, 10:04 PM
So, in other words, he'll learn to pick up a first down on 3rd and 1? Bwahahahaha, yeah sure.

B&RWarrior
03-28-2012, 10:27 PM
I think he may surprise. There O-line is a lot better than ours at run blocking. I wish him luck.

GMENAGAIN
03-28-2012, 10:30 PM
I see Andre Brown filling BJ's shoes and running with power and fulfilling the potential the Giants saw in him when they drafted him with a fourth round pick.

And as you know, Mr. Brown has some spirit of his own. I bet Big Blue wins another Lombardi Trophy on the shoulders of Big Bad Andre Brown.

Brandon was a great Giant and am thankful we had him on our team. But seasons change and so do players. We have to remember that we have to save our $ for Victor Cruz, Hakeem Nicks, and JPP soon. So see you BJ, and good luck, just not against us.
lol . . . Andre Brown won't even make our team . . . .

G.I. Ants
03-28-2012, 10:39 PM
Don't sleep on Andre Brown, there was a reason why they kept him on the practice squad last year. As for the SF fans hating on BJ, they'll be eating crow when he starts running over defenders.

radar-ray
03-28-2012, 10:54 PM
Don't sleep on Andre Brown, there was a reason why they kept him on the practice squad last year. As for the SF fans hating on BJ, they'll be eating crow when he starts running over defenders.
Amendment: They'll be eating tofu and bean sprouts!

JJC7301
03-28-2012, 10:55 PM
I agree. I know that we couldn't afford his current contract, but I was really hoping to see how he would do with an improved o-line.

The 49ers got themselves a good deal.

jjj45
03-28-2012, 11:01 PM
By looking at the "69ers" MB, they are NOT that psyched about his arrival in SF.</p>You'd think by having a big man like Brandon in San Fran they just wouldn't know what to do with themselves.

flimflam
03-29-2012, 01:39 AM

lol . . . Andre Brown won't even make our team . . . .

Gentleman's wager?

Or we could do a little paypal or Bitcoin bet?

I'll bet you 2 Bitcoins he makes the roster this year.

Diamondring
03-29-2012, 05:01 AM
BJ is going to do well with the 49ers and their O-line is not bad at all either.

mikeq672
03-29-2012, 12:49 PM
BJ is going to do well with the 49ers and their O-line is not bad at all either.

Why are you all acting like Frank Gore and Kendall Hunter arent there? The BEST Jacobs can do is be their third string back. And if they draft a back, he probably doesnt make the team. And if he does make the team, theyll try using him short yardage until they realize he sucks at it.

BillTheGreek
03-29-2012, 01:26 PM
We have one game to play SF , It will be a great game, it's a shame BJ will be on the other side, well all good things must come to the end. BJ is so predictable, that Gmen line will be waiting for him, and make him sorry he left NY ! But We still Like you Brandon !

GMENAGAIN
03-29-2012, 02:02 PM
I see Andre Brown filling BJ's shoes and running with power and fulfilling the potential the Giants saw in him when they drafted him with a fourth round pick. And as you know, Mr. Brown has some spirit of his own. I bet Big Blue wins another Lombardi Trophy on the shoulders of Big Bad Andre Brown. Brandon was a great Giant and am thankful we had him on our team. But seasons change and so do players. We have to remember that we have to save our $ for Victor Cruz, Hakeem Nicks, and JPP soon. So see you BJ, and good luck, just not against us. lol . . . Andre Brown won't even make our team . . . . Gentleman's wager? Or we could do a little paypal or Bitcoin bet? I'll bet you 2 Bitcoins he makes the roster this year.</P>

You're on . . . and by making the team, I mean making the 53 man roster . . . not the practice squad . . . . .</P>

AllTuckedUp
03-29-2012, 03:23 PM
I see Andre Brown filling BJ's shoes and running with power and fulfilling the potential the Giants saw in him when they drafted him with a fourth round pick. And as you know, Mr. Brown has some spirit of his own. I bet Big Blue wins another Lombardi Trophy on the shoulders of Big Bad Andre Brown. Brandon was a great Giant and am thankful we had him on our team. But seasons change and so do players. We have to remember that we have to save our $ for Victor Cruz, Hakeem Nicks, and JPP soon. So see you BJ, and good luck, just not against us. lol . . . Andre Brown won't even make our team . . . . Gentleman's wager? Or we could do a little paypal or Bitcoin bet? I'll bet you 2 Bitcoins he makes the roster this year.</P>

You're on . . . and by making the team, I mean making the 53 man roster . . . not the practice squad . . . . .</P>

You really don't think BJ is going to make the roster? WOW

Frank Gore gets hurt every year.

Plus i'm sure he got some cash guaranteed in his new contract.

slipknottin
03-29-2012, 03:27 PM
Its pretty amazing looking back on that 2005 draft class.

Ronnie Brown (2nd overall) still unsigned
Cedric Benson (4th overall) still unsigned.
Cadillac Williams (5th overall) still unsigned
Marion Barber just retired
Jacobs is the only guy left from that draft class that is on a team.

Shows you what kind of lifespan a HB has.

mikeq672
03-29-2012, 03:56 PM
Its pretty amazing looking back on that 2005 draft class.

Ronnie Brown (2nd overall) still unsigned
Cedric Benson (4th overall) still unsigned.
Cadillac Williams (5th overall) still unsigned
Marion Barber just retired
Jacobs is the only guy left from that draft class that is on a team.

Shows you what kind of lifespan a HB has.

Who would have thought that of those 3 Auburn guys(Caddilac, Brown, and Jacobs), Jacobs would be the only one with a job still?

Diamondring
03-29-2012, 03:59 PM

Why are you all acting like Frank Gore and Kendall Hunter arent there? The BEST Jacobs can do is be their third string back. And if they draft a back, he probably doesnt make the team. And if he does make the team, theyll try using him short yardage until they realize he sucks at it.
Teams do rotation all of the time, so I bet BJ should get some carries.

gmen0820
03-29-2012, 04:01 PM

You really don't think BJ is going to make the roster? WOW

Frank Gore gets hurt every year.

Plus i'm sure he got some cash guaranteed in his new contract.Not BJ, Andre Brown on our team.

mikeq672
03-29-2012, 06:56 PM

Teams do rotation all of the time, so I bet BJ should get some carries.

So 30 carries for the year? Because even that would be more than their 3rd back got last year. Sorry but I dont see how 30 carries can rejuvenate a 30 year old RB's career.

flimflam
03-29-2012, 07:58 PM

Cool bro. This should be fun. Maybe I'll make you a bet now that he rushes for over 1,000 yards this year. :-)

GMENAGAIN
03-29-2012, 08:30 PM

Cool bro. This should be fun. Maybe I'll make you a bet now that he rushes for over 1,000 yards this year. :-)</P>

</P>

They're all win-win bets for me . . . . either I win the bet or my teams has an unexpectedly good RB! [B]</P>

GMENAGAIN
03-30-2012, 07:25 PM

Cool bro. This should be fun. Maybe I'll make you a bet now that he rushes for over 1,000 yards this year. :-)</P>

Get ready to pay up!</P>

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/30/giants-andre-brown-suspended-four-games-by-nfl/</P>

</P>