PDA

View Full Version : Transition to new Boards

Tommy_Ribs
03-28-2012, 02:58 PM
Folks, as we attempt the transition over to the new boards shortly, there may be an issue with some of your existing accounts coming over.

Several members have asked for a place to go if they are having issues.

We have an e-mail account that we will be checking regularly, it is: <span id="gbgs4d"><span style="max-width: 518px; text-align: left;" id="gbgs4dn">giantsboards@gmail.com</span></span> (https://google.com/profiles)

If you are having an issue, please have your Account Name, and be able to provide us with the e-mail account you used to set up your account.

Hopefully the issues will be minimal, but we won't know until we get there. That is just the nature of migrations.

GameTime
03-28-2012, 03:09 PM
cool....thanks for the heads up....</P>

what time frame is "shortly".....??</P>

</P>

Roosevelt
03-28-2012, 03:17 PM
cool....thanks for the heads up....</p>

what time frame is "shortly".....??</p>

</p>

A week or two. [;)]

Pakman
03-28-2012, 03:26 PM

*</p>

A week or two.* [;)]

Wasn't this supposed to happen over labor day weekend last year? Lol

But it's w.e. other projects come in the way I understand

GameTime
03-28-2012, 03:33 PM

</P>

A week or two. [;)]
</P>

along with the check in the mail.....</P>

PIERCEnumber58rules
03-28-2012, 03:37 PM

*</p>

A week or two.* [;)]

Wasn't this supposed to happen over labor day weekend last year? Lol

But it's w.e. other projects come in the way I understand

LOL. Wasn't there a long thread a couple weeks ago saying that in a week the boards were going to be transitioned?

Drez
03-28-2012, 03:46 PM
Folks, as we attempt the transition over to the new boards shortly, there may be an issue with some of your existing accounts coming over.

We have an e-mail account that we will be checking regularly, it is: <span id="gbgs4d"><span style="max-width: 518px; text-align: left;" id="gbgs4dn">giantsboards@gmail.com</span></span> (https://google.com/profiles)

If you are having an issue, please have your Account Name, and be able to provide us with the e-mail account you used to set up your account.

Hopefully the issues will be minimal, but we won't know until we get there. That is just the nature of migrations.

Tommy (or any other Mod), you might want to sticky this so it doesn't get lost.

Kruunch
03-28-2012, 03:49 PM

*</P>

Historically speaking .... years.

manning to shockey
03-28-2012, 03:50 PM

*</p>

A week or two.* [;)]

BWHAHHAHAHHAHAHAH!!!!

I have been anticipating this moment ever since you guys originally posted it in 1986.

DownWitJPP
03-28-2012, 03:52 PM
looks like I got my point across about needing a way to contact mods on these boards....thank you mods!

PIERCEnumber58rules
03-28-2012, 03:54 PM

*</P>

Historically speaking .... years.

LOL

VegasGmen
03-28-2012, 03:54 PM
They are going to wait till the bye week!

Drez
03-28-2012, 04:01 PM
looks like I got my point across about needing a way to contact mods on these boards....thank you mods!
To be fair, that email is also listed in several different spots on the boards, such as just about every Code Of Conduct/Board Rules thread. There's even an announcement thread titled "Contacting the Mods" that was posted on 5-10-09. However, most of those threads automatically get hidden after 2 months and you have to go to Forum Options to change the filter date to see them.

Probably wouldn't be a bad idea if they repost that info when the new boards go live, though.

manning to shockey
03-28-2012, 04:21 PM
once the migration is finished please start on the next round of updates immediately so we can have them by 2020 :)

JimC
03-28-2012, 04:35 PM
how do you get to your profile???

RoanokeFan
03-28-2012, 04:57 PM

</p>

This season [8-|]

Die-Hard
03-28-2012, 05:24 PM
Something noteworthy:

If you can't access your account on the new boards, you <u>must</u> be able to provide the email address that you have on file with your current account on <u>this</u> board. Its the only verification we will have to ensure that it is in fact the actual poster who owns the account, and not someone else trying to take over another account. If you dont know the email address you used, I strongly suggest that you look right now. Check your profile. We can't help you if you don't know it.

Weygand
03-28-2012, 05:27 PM

*</p>

A week or two.* [;)]

Wasn't this supposed to happen over labor day weekend *2009*?

Fixed that for you

SEC105
03-28-2012, 05:30 PM
What if nobody can get on the new board???</P>

http://chronicle.com/blogs/brainstorm/files/2011/03/lecture-hall-300x200.jpg</P>

jklol good luck in the transition</P>

titwio
03-28-2012, 05:34 PM
Wow we have dual mods commenting in this thread...this is a good sign.

This must mean business.http://www.pic4ever.com/images/karate.gif

Weygand
03-28-2012, 05:37 PM
What if nobody can get on the new board???

Mara says the players and management will all be locked out until the new forums are up.

DragonSoul
03-28-2012, 05:58 PM

Hopefully the issues will be minimal, but we won't know until we get there.* That is just the nature of migrations.
Tommy, you should pin this thread.

DemandedAce
03-28-2012, 06:37 PM
Lol poor mods catching a firestorm in here, excited for the new boards though

keyofgmen
03-28-2012, 06:49 PM
I just checked my profile and original email acct I used to set up my account is no longer in service. What should I do now? Should I change the email in my profile now?

fletch842
03-28-2012, 06:51 PM
I just checked my profile and original email acct I used to set up my account is no longer in service. What should I do now? Should I change the email in my profile now?
that would probably be a good idea, weather they change to a new board or not.

Mod_C
03-28-2012, 06:57 PM

You need to know what it is to prove you are who you say you are. The email address doesn't serve any practical purpose other than that. If you have a problem transitioning and communicate as Tom has indicated, you will need to KNOW the email you used. It does not have to be active.

Mod_C
03-28-2012, 06:58 PM

Good thought, done.

bearbryant
03-28-2012, 07:01 PM
Strap on your crash helmuts, folks!!!

titwio
03-28-2012, 07:04 PM
Tommy, Die-Hard and now Mod C?!!

I'm actually starting to believe we're getting a new forum....

I'm still holding out on getting my hopes up though.

Mod_C
03-28-2012, 07:07 PM
Tommy, Die-Hard and now Mod C?!!

I'm actually starting to believe we're getting a new forum....

I'm still holding out on getting my hopes up though.

We often just lurk about until the children stop playing nice [;)]

NWKEffectElement
03-28-2012, 07:15 PM

You need to know what it is to prove you are who you say you are.* The email address doesn't serve any practical purpose other than that.* If you have a problem transitioning and communicate as Tom has indicated, you will need to KNOW the email you used.* It does* not have to be active.

Mine was thru my old employer and I forgot that email address. I have changed it to a personal one sometime two years ago. So providing you with the updated one will not work if I read this correctly. Are there any solutions?

byron
03-28-2012, 07:22 PM

We have an e-mail account that we will be checking regularly, it is: <SPAN id=gbgs4d><SPAN style="TEXT-ALIGN: left; MAX-WIDTH: 518px" id=gbgs4dn>giantsboards@gmail.com</SPAN></SPAN> (https://google.com/profiles)

Good thought, done.
when I click on that email link it goes to google search</P>

never mind I'm a little slow ! ;)</P>

NYG216
03-28-2012, 08:22 PM
Two pinned threads now... I'm betting on the shutdown coming tonight or tomorrow morning. I'll set the over/under at 9am tomorrow morning.

Tommy_Ribs
03-28-2012, 08:40 PM

No - just make note of what it is.

It is one of the checks we will ask you to verify that the account you claim is yours, is actually yours.

In other words - I get an e-mail from someone saying they can;t get into their account, and their user name is Harooni. Well since Harooni is such a 'Unique' member of the boards, I want to make sure the person e-mailing me is the real Harooni. I can verify that by that person telling me the original e-mail account that they used to sign up, and we can set up a new password for them.

This is assuming we get the e-mail from a different address than what is listed in the profile. I originally signed up like 9 years ago with a work e-mail, and I haven;t been there for 7 years. But I would need to identify that e-mail address that I originally used to set up the Tommy_Ribs account.

Tommy_Ribs
03-28-2012, 08:44 PM

You need to know what it is to prove you are who you say you are. The email address doesn't serve any practical purpose other than that. If you have a problem transitioning and communicate as Tom has indicated, you will need to KNOW the email you used. It does not have to be active.

Mine was thru my old employer and I forgot that email address. I have changed it to a personal one sometime two years ago. So providing you with the updated one will not work if I read this correctly. Are there any solutions?

In a case like yours we would need to work together and try to get it resolved. There may be some other questions I could ask you.

NWKEffectElement
03-28-2012, 09:18 PM

You need to know what it is to prove you are who you say you are.* The email address doesn't serve any practical purpose other than that.* If you have a problem transitioning and communicate as Tom has indicated, you will need to KNOW the email you used.* It does* not have to be active.

In a case like yours we would need to work together and try to get it resolved.* There may be some other questions I could ask you.

I may be able to find it thru an former co-worker. If not I would really appreciate any help. Thank you for responing.

NYG216
03-28-2012, 09:53 PM

In a case like yours we would need to work together and try to get it resolved. There may be some other questions I could ask you.

I may be able to find it thru an former co-worker. If not I would really appreciate any help. Thank you for responing.

Last time I had to do this, I just gave an them an idea of what my email could've been, and they said it was close enough. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

DragonSoul
03-28-2012, 09:57 PM

In a case like yours we would need to work together and try to get it resolved.* There may be some other questions I could ask you.
Perfect time to has-h it out before the board goes black...

jomo
03-28-2012, 10:18 PM

</P>

A week or two. [;)]
It is going to happen in April.............which April is another story. [;)]

DragonSoul
03-28-2012, 11:11 PM

*</P>

A week or two.* [;)]
It is going to happen in April.............which April is another story. [;)]we will fid out in 2-5 days from now lol.

Watch it be on Sunday night at 11:59:59 haha.

We should do an over under on the MB going down hahaha.

manning to shockey
03-29-2012, 11:01 AM
Ladies and gentlemen, we have started our descent/in preparation for the new boards, please make sure your seat backs and tray tables are in their full upright position. Make sure your seat belt is securely fastened and all carry-on luggage is stowed underneath the seat in front of you or in the overhead bins. Please turn off all electronic devices until we are safely parked at the gate. The mods are currently passing around the cabin to pick up any remaining cups and glasses.

RoanokeFan
03-29-2012, 02:10 PM
how do you get to your profile???

On the red banner, next to "SIGN IN AS" click on your username

ny06
03-29-2012, 02:15 PM
Am I missing something. Where are the new boards? And how are members registering to there new profiles?

titwio
03-29-2012, 02:21 PM
Am I missing something. Where are the new boards? And how are members registering to there new profiles?

Boards haven't transitioned yet. This thread is just a heads up.

Morehead State
03-29-2012, 02:22 PM
Am I missing something. Where are the new boards? And how are members registering to there new profiles?</P>

These are the new boards.</P>

They removed the old boards and replaced them with an exact replica.</P>

</P>

RoanokeFan
03-29-2012, 02:35 PM
Am I missing something. Where are the new boards? And how are members registering to there new profiles?</p>

These are the new boards.</p>

They removed the old boards and replaced them with an exact replica.</p>

</p>

That works for me lol

NY_Eli
03-30-2012, 09:24 AM
I have a Good Will Hunting thing going on with the boards now. Every time I come to the site I think 'maybe today will be the day it doesn't load...."

NYG216
03-30-2012, 09:31 AM
Hahaha. Just noticed the other pinned thread has dropped. Today is the deadline, let's see if the sky is really going to fall. [&lt;:o)]

derekunion28
03-30-2012, 06:45 PM
nope same ole same ole

shockeyg
03-30-2012, 07:22 PM
thanks

egyptian420
03-30-2012, 07:28 PM
Never have I wanted to try logging in and not be able to as much as now

GmenFan1980
03-30-2012, 07:34 PM
Never have I wanted to try logging in and not be able to as much as now

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-OmEdPcYQae0/TZuU0NS37pI/AAAAAAAAArI/fdw2NrBS0CU/s400/maximum_trolling_by_synknight-d30eobn_original.gif

NYG4lifeNYK
03-31-2012, 06:56 PM
Transition to the realization that we aren't getting new boards [:D]

Be happy we won a Super Bowl and let's just end the charade! [:)]

haha

Harooni
04-03-2012, 05:15 AM
Am I missing something. Where are the new boards? And how are members registering to there new profiles?</P>

These are the new boards.</P>

They removed the old boards and replaced them with an exact replica.</P>

*</P> lmfao

NYGFaninILL
04-03-2012, 01:29 PM
Wait, so how do we get to the new boards

derekunion28
04-03-2012, 07:42 PM
Wait, so how do we get to the new boards need to message the mods for the password and give the lots of sexy pics of you or your wife in pajamas...thats how i got on the NEW BOARDS