PDA

View Full Version : Saying Goodbye To Players in FA:

Aperspective
03-28-2012, 04:19 PM
I hate saying goodbye to some players in FA. There are some players I wish never moved on like Jacobs, Tollefson and even Ross. I know we have depth a Tolly's position but his energy when the chips are down is awesome. Jacobs, total loud mouth, sometimes a jackass, but a fiery guy you like having on your team. Ross got a nice contract then we would have given but I still think we are betting a little heavy on TT. I remember when Carl Banks went to play with Cleveland, and Jess Armstead went to play with the 'Skins I think or even when Hoss left and we didnt have a reasonable way to go for a while. Ross makes good decisions usually. At what point to you lose pieces that are not part of the x's and o's but more part of what made for successful chemistry. At the end of the day its the discipline and chemistry that count. The talent in the league and the coaching should have some sense of parity. Just something to think about.

Aperspective
03-28-2012, 04:20 PM
I meant Reese makes good decisions not Ross.

LT_was_good
03-28-2012, 04:29 PM
Part of me kept figuring Jacobs would be back. It's going to be weird to see him in another uniform.

G-Man67
03-28-2012, 04:33 PM
it's a business ... all you can do is wish them well ... most FAs are just trying to earn the most they can knowing how precarious an NFL career can be</P>

and most of the time we are just trying to be as smart as we can be as an organization ...more often than notyounger and cheaper is better than older and more expensive, so we try to go in that directionwhenever possible ... with the lastest example of Jacobs ... maybe our coaching staff feels a lot more positive about the RBs on our roster and naturally they have far more information than we do ... so they make their best offer and move on</P>

and all this is driven by the Cap, but the Cap is a good thing ... imagine the Boys and Skins and Pats if there was no Cap ... you have situations like with the Yanks where they sign somebody just to keep the player away from the competition</P>