PDA

View Full Version : Jacobs contract terms

Blue-in-Miami
03-28-2012, 04:31 PM
http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/giantsblog/jacobs_signs_with_ers_aUtsnMN9M8q549nSX6zQgI

GMENAGAIN
03-28-2012, 04:41 PM
So it looks like he turned down $1.5M from us for a "chance" to earn $2M with the 49ers . . . .

titwio
03-28-2012, 04:42 PM
At least he got what he wanted...I think it was more out of pride then the actual 500k.

Regardless...Much luck to him but I'm ready to move on.

JesseJames
03-28-2012, 04:53 PM
with the Brandon era now over it looks like when one door closes another opens so I'm sure another RB will be coming in to replace him, I'm thinking it will be a FA so we can depend on him this year and not have to wait for the rookie mistakes to clear up with a draft pick..

Blue-in-Miami
03-28-2012, 04:59 PM
So it looks like he turned down $1.5M from us for a "chance" to earn $2M with the 49ers . . . .

Yep! sometimes athletes don't know what their really worth. Look at the MM signing. He wanted a chance to be a #1 receiver and the money that goes with it. And now Jacobs. Hell the people ont his board could of told them what they would get LOL

Blue-in-Miami
03-28-2012, 05:02 PM
with the Brandon era now over it looks like when one door closes another opens so I'm sure another RB will be coming in to replace him, I'm thinking it will be a FA so we can depend on him this year and not have to wait for the rookie mistakes to clear up with a draft pick..

Osi for James Stewart sounds good to me. They're both on the last year of their contract, It's a wash

redbeardxxv
03-28-2012, 05:09 PM

Osi for James Stewart sounds good to me. They're both on the last year of their contract, It's a wash

James Stewart hasn't been the same since he died in '97. Was great in that Wonderful Life movie though....Johnathan Stewart, on the other hand, is intriguing. I'd be willing to give up Osi, but not Staight up...Osi>Stewart, therefore we should get more.
Osi for JS+?

GiantsYanks
03-28-2012, 05:14 PM

James Stewart hasn't been the same since he died in '97. Was great in that Wonderful Life movie though....Johnathan Stewart, on the other hand, is intriguing. I'd be willing to give up Osi, but not Staight up...Osi>Stewart, therefore we should get more.
Osi for JS+?

LOL

DownWitJPP
03-28-2012, 05:16 PM
no way we trade Osi straight up for Jonathan Stewart. Only way that trade would work is if Stewart signed an extension with us, plus maybe a 3rd or 4th round draft pick from the Panthers

alau53
03-28-2012, 05:16 PM
you dont trade for a running back when you can get that production with a draft pick or a low cost f/a..put the money into improving the offensive line..not a rb who has mileage on him

Blue-in-Miami
03-28-2012, 05:17 PM

Osi for JS+?

HaHa redbeard. actually I had a brain fart when refering to the former U of M back James Stewart instead of Jonathan S.

Morehead State
03-28-2012, 05:25 PM
with the Brandon era now over it looks like when one door closes another opens so I'm sure another RB will be coming in to replace him, I'm thinking it will be a FA so we can depend on him this year and not have to wait for the rookie mistakes to clear up with a draft pick.. Osi for James Stewart sounds good to me. They're both on the last year of their contract, It's a wash James Stewart hasn't been the same since he died in '97. Was great in that Wonderful Life movie though....Johnathan Stewart, on the other hand, is intriguing. I'd be willing to give up Osi, but not Staight up...Osi&gt;Stewart, therefore we should get more. Osi for JS+?</P>

I loved him in "Mr Smith goes to Washington". "Its a Wonderful Life" is way overrated.</P>

King Sully
03-28-2012, 05:30 PM
James Stewart hasn't been the same since he died in '97.

lmao, wasn't expecting that

Axels15
03-28-2012, 05:38 PM
I was ready for him to move on

pino
03-28-2012, 05:40 PM
Sounds like his pride was hurt. Enough to take on another back up role.

pino
03-28-2012, 05:41 PM

Osi for JS+?

He's always "Jimmy" to me. :D

zigwontdieNYG
03-28-2012, 05:42 PM
with the Brandon era now over it looks like when one door closes another opens so I'm sure another RB will be coming in to replace him, I'm thinking it will be a FA so we can depend on him this year and not have to wait for the rookie mistakes to clear up with a draft pick.. Osi for James Stewart sounds good to me. They're both on the last year of their contract, It's a wash James Stewart hasn't been the same since he died in '97. Was great in that Wonderful Life movie though....Johnathan Stewart, on the other hand, is intriguing. I'd be willing to give up Osi, but not Staight up...Osi>Stewart, therefore we should get more. Osi for JS+?</P>

I loved him in "Mr Smith goes to Washington".* "Its a Wonderful Life" is way overrated.</P>

amen

GameTime
03-28-2012, 05:45 PM
Statiscally and based on history alone the Niners have a better chance of getting to the SB next season then they Giants do. So maybe MM and BJ are not so dumb like some think.</P>

</P>

tittletoshofner
03-28-2012, 06:19 PM
And how are we expected to sign Jon Stewart?He gets 18 million a year from the Daily Show.
Get real people.

NYG4lifeNYK
03-28-2012, 06:24 PM
Anyone who wants to trade a pro bowl DE for a RB like Stewart is absolutely looney toon crazy.

Drez
03-28-2012, 07:18 PM
But, considering he was supposed to make $5m here next season him taking $1.5m here meant taking a $3.5m paycut. Signing on somewhere else doesn't entail taking a second paycut in as many years.

Roosevelt
03-28-2012, 07:28 PM

I can't believe the Giants let him walk for $500k. I guess they felt it was time to move one.

GMENAGAIN
03-28-2012, 08:43 PM

Trade an elite pass rusher for a RB . . . .yeah, that's a wonderful idea

GMENAGAIN
03-28-2012, 08:47 PM

I can't believe the Giants let him walk for $500k.* I guess they felt it was time to move one.

Not even just $500K . . . .just the "chance" to earn $500K. Hard to imagine the Giants wouldn't offer him some incentives to let him make up the $500K.

Oh well, time to move on . . . .

B&RWarrior
03-28-2012, 09:47 PM
We have Bradshaw, Ware, and Scott. I didn't expect to keep 4 quality backs on the roster.

Osi for anybody is a bad deal. He's a big part of what we do that stops those vaunted passing attacks we face. He is still the best edge rusher we have. We could only hope to get a 1st round pick that would play like Osi and nobody is going to do that.

radar-ray
03-28-2012, 10:03 PM
We have Bradshaw, Ware, and Scott. I didn't expect to keep 4 quality backs on the roster.

Osi for anybody is a bad deal. He's a big part of what we do that stops those vaunted passing attacks we face. He is still the best edge rusher we have. We could only hope to get a 1st round pick that would play like Osi and nobody is going to do that.Ware=Mediocre at Best!

jjj45
03-28-2012, 10:03 PM
I loved him in "Mr Smith goes to Washington". "Its a Wonderful Life" is way overrated.</p>Amazing film. The ending was very powerful.

Drez
03-28-2012, 10:51 PM

I can't believe the Giants let him walk for $500k. I guess they felt it was time to move one.

Not even just $500K . . . .just the "chance" to earn $500K. Hard to imagine the Giants wouldn't offer him some incentives to let him make up the $500K.

Oh well, time to move on . . . .
Also take into consideration what I mentioned above, to Jacobs accepting a $1.5m contract here meant literally taking a $3.5m paycut. That may have been the bigger divide.

FeaglesPuntsEaglesRunts
03-28-2012, 10:58 PM

GTFO!

James Stewart has been dead for over a decade idiot.

I wouldn't trade Osi for nearly anyone right now, even John Stewart. Osi is way more valuable.

timmytimm3
03-29-2012, 09:58 AM
And how are we expected to sign Jon Stewart?He gets 18 million a year from the Daily Show.
Get real people.

I think he could replace Jacobs for Rah Rah speeches before the games.

Odan
03-29-2012, 12:11 PM

Osi for anybody is a bad deal. He's a big part of what we do that stops those vaunted passing attacks we face. He is still the best edge rusher we have. We could only hope to get a 1st round pick that would play like Osi and nobody is going to do that.

Correction, we now have one quality running back on the roster (Bradshaw) who is extremely injury prone. Ware and Scott have proved nothing so far.

I agree that trading Osi for an RB is a bad move.

BeatYale
03-29-2012, 12:45 PM

Osi for Johnathan Stewart is not a wash. DE is a much more valued position than RB around the league. Pass rushers are harder to find and develop.

JesseJames
03-29-2012, 04:33 PM
this is a pass crazy league right now and any team that has a premier pass rusher like Osi better hang on to him....