PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Strategy is slowly being revealed....

JMFP2
03-28-2012, 09:29 PM
Looks like a repeat of 2011.....depend on Tom Coughlin and Marc Ross to make Jerry Reese look like a genius again for lettingproven vets walk over chump change.</P>

Good luck, fellas!!!!</P>

</P>

Flip Empty
03-28-2012, 09:34 PM
I think the only strategy is to be frugal as ****. It's all they can do given their current cap situation.

AllTuckedUp
03-28-2012, 09:35 PM
Looks like a repeat of 2011.....depend on Tom Coughlin and Marc Ross to make Jerry Reese look like a genius again for letting*proven vets walk over chump change.</P>

*</P>

We don't have that many holes. I'm not too worried.

Drez
03-28-2012, 09:40 PM
Yawn. Is this really the best you could come up with?

tonyt830
03-28-2012, 09:42 PM
I think we'll do fine in the draft again. There is solid depth in the draft this year at the RB and WR position.

GmenFan1980
03-28-2012, 09:58 PM
it does suck we lost Arron Ross and Manningham, but life goes on

Jobarulz
03-28-2012, 09:59 PM
Saving money to make sure JPP, Nicks, and Cruz can be locked up long term is the most important thing. Jerry is arguably the best GM in the league, let him do his job.

TheEnigma
03-28-2012, 10:00 PM
Yeah because the last time we released veterans from our roster like Seubert and O'Hara, we sure crashed and didn't do anything afterwards.

WR4Life
03-28-2012, 10:16 PM
Why is it the same thing every year? Some guys leave and the Giants dont make big moves. Then the sky is falling. All this before the draft....

B&RWarrior
03-28-2012, 10:22 PM
I cannot believe somebody listed Aaron Ross as a loss or even a proven vet. He proved he could catch a ball and get repeatedly burnt.

We have Ware, Bradshaw, and Scott. Name me one team that has 4 starter quality backs. Can't give money to 3rd WRs and back up RBs when you need to upgrade the O-line, LB core, DT, and possibly safety or DB. Reese is doing what he's supposed to.

The Notorious B.I.G BLUE
03-28-2012, 10:26 PM
We don't sign guys and people complain, we sign guys and we overpaid. Some people are never happy.

GmenFan1980
03-28-2012, 10:27 PM
I cannot believe somebody listed Aaron Ross as a loss or even a proven vet. He proved he could catch a ball and get repeatedly burnt.

We have Ware, Bradshaw, and Scott. Name me one team that has 4 starter quality backs. Can't give money to 3rd WRs and back up RBs when you need to upgrade the O-line, LB core, DT, and possibly safety or DB. Reese is doing what he's supposed to.

I liked Ross, so i said i didn't like that he was leaving. sue me.

nhpgiantsfan
03-28-2012, 10:30 PM

Ross had a solid year. We are going to miss him next year for sure.

jhamburg
03-28-2012, 10:32 PM
Looks like a repeat of 2011.....depend on Tom Coughlin and Marc Ross to make Jerry Reese look like a genius again for letting*proven vets walk over chump change.</P>

*</P>

LOL...Note to Jerry Reese...JMFP2 and burier, the GMB brain trust, demand answers on the mismanagement of your super bowl championship team!

B&RWarrior
03-28-2012, 10:35 PM

*</P>

LOL...Note to Jerry Reese...JMFP2 and burier, the GMB brain trust, demand answers on the mismanagement of your super bowl championship team!

Awesome! LMFAO!

fletch842
03-28-2012, 10:35 PM
We'll never win a superbowl under this management team, oh wait a sec...

GMENAGAIN
03-28-2012, 10:36 PM

*</P>

lol

The Notorious B.I.G BLUE
03-28-2012, 10:44 PM
It's almost comical at this point. I think Reese and the Giants organization deserve atleast this off-season without complaint from the fanbase.

Bottomline is you can't keep all your players, u can't get every freeagent for cheap. U can't beat every team over the head in trades. U gotta make due with what u have. The plan is to develop thru the draft and keep our top players...I think the results speak for themselves.

Neverend
03-28-2012, 11:29 PM
Yeah because the last time we released veterans from our roster like Seubert and O'Hara, we sure crashed and didn't do anything afterwards.

I wouldn't have used that analogy man, lol. We did have the worst running game in the league

jhamburg
03-28-2012, 11:39 PM

I wouldn't have used that analogy man, lol. We did have the worst running game in the league

Yeah true...but the fact that we cut O'Hara when he was like a $5 mil cap hit and no one in the league thought they were worth vet min does vindicate the decision to a large degree.

TheEnigma
03-29-2012, 04:57 AM

I wouldn't have used that analogy man, lol. We did have the worst running game in the leagueIt's a fine analogy since the Giants usually had majority of their run plays to the right side of the line. Snee and McKenzie went from being one of the best duos to the worst in one season.

Diamondring
03-29-2012, 05:04 AM

We have Ware, Bradshaw, and Scott. Name me one team that has 4 starter quality backs. Can't give money to 3rd WRs and back up RBs when you need to upgrade the O-line, LB core, DT, and possibly safety or DB. Reese is doing what he's supposed to.I like what you have said in your post but that so call third wr can also be a number two and was number two at one time. Sometimes the third wr thing doesn't apply to some players. Sometimes you do pay a guy a number two even if he is a third wr. Yet life still goes on though and the Giants may do better.

CTLadyBlue
03-29-2012, 07:46 AM

And we STILL won the Superbowl.

Weren't there people bellyaching when we released Smith and Boss? And look what happened - we emerged with possibly the best receiving corp in the league. Yes, Manningham will be a loss, but we've still got Nicks, Cruz, Ballard and maybe we can snag someone else as well as a power back to replace Jacobs.

Stop doubting Darth Reese who 'finds your lack of faith disturbing' (channeling my inner SW geek)

JacksGiant76
03-29-2012, 07:49 AM

We have Ware, Bradshaw, and Scott. Name me one team that has 4 starter quality backs. Can't give money to 3rd WRs and back up RBs when you need to upgrade the O-line, LB core, DT, and possibly safety or DB. Reese is doing what he's supposed to.I like what you have said in your post but that so call third wr can also be a number two and was number two at one time. Sometimes the third wr thing doesn't apply to some players. Sometimes you do pay a guy a number two even if he is a third wr. Yet life still goes on though and the Giants may do better.

Honestly, I really was hoping we'd keep Ross around. Ok, was hit an all pro? No, definitely not but he did play well for most of the season and provided the coverage we needed. Now, if you look at our secondary, who do we really have?

Webster : Outstanding CB
Thomas : Coming off ACL injury, could re-tear it on the first play of training camp. Don't expect him to be 100% this year.
Amukamara : I think he'll be good, foot injury slowed him down all year but definitely unproven.
Tyron : Saw him for 1 or 2 games so again unproven.
Coe : More of a special teams guy to me.
Johnson : Last time I remember him playing, he wasn't anything special.

The better deal for me was resigning Ross and letting Thomas walk. I at least would have felt better about our secondary at that point. I'm guessing we'll be adding a CB in the 1st or 2nd round if someone decent is available unless we sign an FA floating out there.

As far as RB's :
Bradshaw : Great RB, injury prone though
Ware : I think he can fill in well with more snaps, just injury prone.
Scott : We know he's explosive, but can he not fumble, pick up the blitz and catch out of the backfield?
Can't think of the 4th guy that's on special teams, our 4th rounder a few years back : Unproven.

There's some worry here as well and there are a few nice RBs in the top of the 1st but drafting one that early almost seems like a waste.

So, to me, we have some concerns here but the CB's is what worries me the most going into the season, especially with all the explosive recievers in the division. I'd also like to see Rolle go back to being a real safety and not a LB.

buddy33
03-29-2012, 08:07 AM
Who did we lose? Ross was not great last year and only started because of injuries. I do like Jacobs, but his production should not be that hard to replace.

They do need some depth in their secondary, but Prince is going to be a very good player. With Webster and Prince they should have a very good duo. Not very confident about TT just yet. They are also getting back Wiherspoon, Coe, and Tyron.

As far as RB, they have Brown and Scott. Why are some assuming they are in so much trouble at RB?

For those who don't know they have major cap issues and still have the draft coming up.

SweetZombieJesus
03-29-2012, 09:27 AM
Looks like a repeat of 2011</p>

</p>

You mean the year we won a Super Bowl?
</p>

How's Steve Smith...
</p>

FBomb
03-29-2012, 09:28 AM
***sigh***[:|]

LT_was_good
03-29-2012, 09:49 AM
Looks like a repeat of 2011</p>

</p>

</p>

How's Steve Smith...
</p>

So sick of this team choking in the off-season. Sure, we go on these great playoff runs and become self-proclaimed "Super Bowl Champions," but then when the REAL season starts in March, we can't get the job done.

GMENAGAIN
03-29-2012, 09:55 AM
Looks like a repeat of 2011</P>

</P>

</P>

How's Steve Smith...
</P>

<FONT color=#ff0000>So sick of this team choking in the off-season. Sure, we go on these great playoff runs and become self-proclaimed "Super Bowl Champions," but then when the REAL season starts in March, we can't get the job done.
</FONT></P>

fixed</P>

SweetZombieJesus
03-29-2012, 09:55 AM
So sick of this team choking in the off-season. Sure, we go on these great playoff runs and become self-proclaimed "Super Bowl Champions," but then when the REAL season starts in March, we can't get the job done.

I know, right? The Jets are in the Free Agent Playoffs and we're stuck at home. So sick of losing in March. This team just can't get hot at the right time.

Redeyejedi
03-29-2012, 10:00 AM
Saving money to make sure JPP, Nicks, and Cruz can be locked up long term is the most important thing. Jerry is arguably the best GM in the league, let him do his job.Those guys are going to cost a fortune. Look for the Giants to draft a Safety and DT because Canty and Rolle wont be brought back to free up cash. Im on the fence about Phillips as well. He is a FA next season and im doubtful they will break the bank with that knee issue keep him.

FBomb
03-29-2012, 10:02 AM
Reese...."you stoopid imgrate!!"

Kruunch
03-29-2012, 10:03 AM

*</P>

Didn't take long for the bandwagon guys to jump off the bandwagon.

Go back to being a Cowboys fan where ya belong sparky.

LT_was_good
03-29-2012, 10:05 AM
Saving money to make sure JPP, Nicks, and Cruz can be locked up long term is the most important thing. Jerry is arguably the best GM in the league, let him do his job.Those guys are going to cost a fortune. Look for the Giants to draft a Safety and DT because Canty and Rolle wont be brought back to free up cash. Im on the fence about Phillips as well. He is a FA next season and im doubtful they will break the bank with that knee issue keep him.

Reese and Co. will have to continue to work their draft magic. Since pass rush and passing game are what won for us last year, I wouldn't be surprised if all of the focus was on JPP, Nicks, and Cruz, with a lot of very good players leaving over the next couple of years. Then they just have to get the Oline sturdy enough to keep Eli upright and healthy and fill in the gaps as they appear.

JMFP2
03-29-2012, 11:48 AM
Like I said, Coughlin and Marc Ross delivered in 2011...hopefully they can do it again in 2012.</P>

The only question I have: Can Reese top his blockbuster free agent move of 2011?....is there another Baas out there?The chances of striking pure gold twice is very slim, though.</P>

Go get 'em, guys!</P>

JMFP2
03-29-2012, 11:59 AM
I cannot believe somebody listed Aaron Ross as a loss or even a proven vet. He proved he could catch a ball and get repeatedly burnt. We have Ware, Bradshaw, and Scott. Name me one team that has 4 starter quality backs. Can't give money to 3rd WRs and back up RBs when you need to upgrade the O-line, LB core, DT, and possibly safety or DB. Reese is doing what he's supposed to.</P>

Aaron Ross was the starting CB for 2 SB champions. </P>

Bradshaw is the only "starter quality" back we have, andhe's been unable to stay healthy an entire season. His feet/ankles will continue to be an issue......and we lost Jacobs over$500k......that's chump change.</P>

I sure hope we draft a running back in the early rounds, because we'll need them unless Da'Rel Scott emerges.</P>

But, I think Marc Ross is going to put together another strong draft, and Coughlin will coach them up. </P>

I just hope the front office is more aggressivein retaining Marc Ross than Aaron Ross....the Giants nearly lost him to the Bears last season.</P>

jhamburg
03-29-2012, 12:07 PM
I cannot believe somebody listed Aaron Ross as a loss or even a proven vet. He proved he could catch a ball and get repeatedly burnt. We have Ware, Bradshaw, and Scott. Name me one team that has 4 starter quality backs. Can't give money to 3rd WRs and back up RBs when you need to upgrade the O-line, LB core, DT, and possibly safety or DB. Reese is doing what he's supposed to.</P>

Aaron Ross was the starting CB for 2 SB champions.* </P>

Bradshaw is the only "starter quality" back we have, and*he's been unable to stay healthy an entire season.* His feet/ankles will continue to be an issue......and we lost Jacobs over*$500k......that's chump change.</P>

I sure hope we draft a running back in the early rounds, because we'll need them unless Da'Rel Scott emerges.</P>

But, I think Marc Ross is going to put together another strong draft, and Coughlin will coach them up.* </P>

I just hope the front office is more aggressive*in retaining Marc Ross than Aaron Ross....the Giants nearly lost him to the Bears last season.</P>

OK. What's your plan to resign those FAs and stay under the cap? Who do you want to cut? Keep in mind that we still have to fill out the 53 man roster, sign draft picks and UFAs.

You can criticize past signings, but what's done is done. If you want to hate on Reese for what he's done (or not done) this offseason, at least do the math and give us a better plan.

timmytimm3
03-29-2012, 12:13 PM

Canty I agree on, but Rolle could very well have a Pro Bowl year if he can return to his natural safety position and ball hawk.

Lots of question marks coming into this season. Can't wait for the draft and training camp.

jhamburg
03-29-2012, 12:20 PM

Bradshaw is the only "starter quality" back we have, and*he's been unable to stay healthy an entire season.* His feet/ankles will continue to be an issue......and we lost Jacobs over*$500k......that's chump change.</P>

But, I think Marc Ross is going to put together another strong draft, and Coughlin will coach them up.* </P>

I just hope the front office is more aggressive*in retaining Marc Ross than Aaron Ross....the Giants nearly lost him to the Bears last season.</P>

Oh and BTW, you can't play the game of "GM gets no credit for draft picks" and still give all the credit for past picks to Accorsi. If you give Marc Ross credit for post-2007 picks, then you give Reese credit for Eli, Tuck, Cwebb, etc.

BeatYale
03-29-2012, 12:38 PM

*</P>

It makes no sense to give the guy 2 million when he's already peaked a few seasons ago and has since been on the decline. That's the case for Jacobs. They did him a favor by offering more than the league minimum.

We drafted Prince in R1 last year knowing Ross and TT were going to be FA's. Obviously the team was thinking ahead. Big money has already been invested in Webster.

What about the future? This offseason isn't nearly as significant as the ones in the upcoming years when Cruz and Nicks will be FA's. Contracts of this offseason will have an affect on whether we can retain our best WRs down the road.

sharick88
03-29-2012, 12:46 PM

Ware and Scott quality starting backs? I will have to disagree with that.I do agree with your take on Reese though. 2 titles in 5 years is not something to ***** about.

BlueReign
03-29-2012, 12:47 PM

I wouldn't say those backs, aside from Bradshaw, are quality starters. I do agree with the way we have spent though. There is no room for Ross anymore with T2 coming back and Prince expecting a bigger role. MM is an inconsistent 3rd WR. Yes, he makes some plays, but there were times in the Super Bowl where he would've had other TDs, but since his route was so bad, he ran himself out of bounds. I like MM, but I think JPP, Nicks and Cruz are worth it in the long run.

BeatYale
03-29-2012, 12:48 PM

Ware and Scott quality starting backs? I will have to disagree with that.I do agree with your take on Reese though. 2 titles in 5 years is not something to ***** about.

Right. No one knows if they are starting quality until they actually get some legitimate playing time.

However, is it far fetched to assume they can perform better than 3.8 yards per carry? I don't think so.

JMFP2
03-29-2012, 12:51 PM

Bradshaw is the only "starter quality" back we have, andhe's been unable to stay healthy an entire season. His feet/ankles will continue to be an issue......and we lost Jacobs over$500k......that's chump change.</P>

But, I think Marc Ross is going to put together another strong draft, and Coughlin will coach them up. </P>

I just hope the front office is more aggressivein retaining Marc Ross than Aaron Ross....the Giants nearly lost him to the Bears last season.</P>

Oh and BTW, you can't play the game of "GM gets no credit for draft picks" and still give all the credit for past picks to Accorsi. If you give Marc Ross credit for post-2007 picks, then you give Reese credit for Eli, Tuck, Cwebb, etc.</P>

Not sure where giving credit to Coughlin and Marc Ross is somehow hating on Reese. </P>

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Coughlin coaches the team, and Marc Ross is in charge of the team's scouting department and the draft.</P>

Personally, I think $500,000 to keep Brandon Jacobs is chump change....if people think that's "hating" on Reese, then I'll need to check my dictionary.</P>

</P>

JMFP2
03-29-2012, 12:53 PM

OK. What's your plan to resign those FAs and stay under the cap? Who do you want to cut? Keep in mind that we still have to fill out the 53 man roster, sign draft picks and UFAs. You can criticize past signings, but what's done is done. If you want to hate on Reese for what he's done (or not done) this offseason, at least do the math and give us a better plan.</P>

My plan would include Chase Blackburn and Dave Tollefson.</P>

That ship might have sailed, though....Tollefson could be a Packer by this weekend.</P>

jhamburg
03-29-2012, 01:32 PM

Oh and BTW, you can't play the game of "GM gets no credit for draft picks" and still give all the credit for past picks to Accorsi. If you give Marc Ross credit for post-2007 picks, then you give Reese credit for Eli, Tuck, Cwebb, etc.</P>

Not sure where giving credit to Coughlin and Marc Ross is somehow hating on Reese.* </P>

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Coughlin coaches the team, and Marc Ross is in charge of the team's scouting department and the draft.</P>

Personally, I think $500,000 to keep Brandon Jacobs is chump change....if people think that's "hating" on Reese, then I'll need to check my dictionary.</P>

*</P>

So we should we willing to give everyone an extra $500K over our final offer just because it's "chump change"? You don't think agents would take advantage of that knowledge?

You have to draw the line somewhere.

JMFP2
03-29-2012, 02:32 PM

Not sure where giving credit to Coughlin and Marc Ross is somehow hating on Reese. </P>

So we should we willing to give everyone an extra $500K over our final offer just because it's "chump change"? You don't think agents would take advantage of that knowledge? You have to draw the line somewhere.</P>

No....but Jacobs is worth an extra 500k in my book....especially since our #1 RB can't last a full season, our #3 is average at best, and Da'Rel Scott is unproven.</P>

G-Man67
03-29-2012, 03:44 PM
Looks like a repeat of 2011.....depend on Tom Coughlin and Marc Ross to make Jerry Reese look like a genius again for lettingproven vets walk over chump change.</P>

</P>

LOL...Note to Jerry Reese...JMFP2 and burier, the GMB brain trust, demand answers on the mismanagement of your super bowl championship team! Awesome! LMFAO!</P>

yes, i too want a full investigation ... these IMGRATES can't continue to hide behind Vince Lombardi trophies ... we know you are incompetent !!!</P>

FBomb
03-29-2012, 04:20 PM

</P>

LOL...Note to Jerry Reese...JMFP2 and burier, the GMB brain trust, demand answers on the mismanagement of your super bowl championship team! Awesome! LMFAO!</P>

yes, i too want a full investigation ... these IMGRATES can't continue to hide behind Vince Lombardi trophies ... we know you are incompetent !!!</P>

</P>

ppffffffft.....2 Superbowl wins in his first 5 seasons....including one in his very first. Just imagine how good we would be with a real GM calling the shots.</P>

Drez
03-29-2012, 04:27 PM

I know, right? The Jets are in the Free Agent Playoffs and we're stuck at home. So sick of losing in March. This team just can't get hot at the right time.

Don't worry. We always rebound in April.

GMENAGAIN
03-29-2012, 04:34 PM

I just hope the front office is more aggressivein retaining Marc Ross than Aaron Ross....<FONT size=5>the Giants nearly lost him to the Bears last season.</FONT></P>

</P>

He did not come close to getting the Bears' job . . . . . </P>

Drez
03-29-2012, 04:39 PM
I cannot believe somebody listed Aaron Ross as a loss or even a proven vet. He proved he could catch a ball and get repeatedly burnt. We have Ware, Bradshaw, and Scott. Name me one team that has 4 starter quality backs. Can't give money to 3rd WRs and back up RBs when you need to upgrade the O-line, LB core, DT, and possibly safety or DB. Reese is doing what he's supposed to.</p>

Aaron Ross was the starting CB for 2 SB champions. </p>

Bradshaw is the only "starter quality" back we have, andhe's been unable to stay healthy an entire season. His feet/ankles will continue to be an issue......and we lost Jacobs over$500k......that's chump change.</p>

I sure hope we draft a running back in the early rounds, because we'll need them unless Da'Rel Scott emerges.</p>

But, I think Marc Ross is going to put together another strong draft, and Coughlin will coach them up. </p>

I just hope the front office is more aggressivein retaining Marc Ross than Aaron Ross....<font size="5">the Giants nearly lost him to the Bears last season.</font></p>

</p>

He did not come close to getting the Bears' job . . . . . </p>
And even if we did there is absolutely <u><font size="5">NOTHING</font></u> we could have done to prevent it.

gumby742
03-29-2012, 04:43 PM
C'mon dude. Now you're just trying to get a rise out of people.

Drez
03-29-2012, 04:57 PM
C'mon dude. Now you're just trying to get a rise out of people.
Were you actually replying to me? Or just to the last post? Because, there is nothing we could have done to keep Ross had he been offered the Chicago job. Most of these contracts only have clauses in them that prevent lateral movement without permission of the club, not upwards. So, if Ross was offered the job and he wanted it, barring throwing stupid money at him, there is not a thing we could have done.

JMFP2
03-29-2012, 05:05 PM

</P>

</P>

ppffffffft.....2 Superbowl wins in his first 5 seasons....including one in his very first. Just imagine how good we would be with a real GM calling the shots.</P>

</P>

</P>

Again, not sure where the "Reese Hater" tag is coming in....I've given him credit before, and will give him credit now.</P>

For example, when it comes to saying:</P>

"Sorry, that's my best offer."</P>

"Don't let the door hit you on the *** on the way out."</P>

"Vet Minimum"</P>

..... Reese is the best in the business.</P>

I hope this makes everyone feel better.</P>

</P>

</P>

TheEnigma
03-29-2012, 05:09 PM

*</P>

</P>

ppffffffft.....2 Superbowl wins in his first 5 seasons....including one in his very first.* Just imagine how good we would be with a real GM calling the shots.</P>

</P>

*</P>

Again, not sure where the "Reese Hater" tag is coming in....I've given him credit before, and will give him credit now.</P>

"Vet Minimum"</P>

*</P>

*</P>Well, it's the way you worded your OP. Saying Coughlin and Ross make Reese look like a genius sort of implies that those two carry the team while Reese does diddly squat.

JMFP2
03-29-2012, 05:21 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

"Vet Minimum"</P>

Well, it's the way you worded your OP. Saying Coughlin and Ross make Reese look like a genius sort of implies that those two carry the team while Reese does diddly squat.</P>

I think Coughlin and Ross deserve a ton of credit.</P>

Maybe I should give Reese more credit.</P>

For example, when Marc Ross targetedJason Pierre-Paul, HakeemNicks,Manningham, Terrell Thomas, Kenny Phillips, Linval Joseph, Will Beatty,and Jacquian Williams, Reese said "yes".</P>

So, yeah, Reese has done some good things, too.</P>

</P>

jhamburg
03-29-2012, 06:27 PM

*</P>

</P>

ppffffffft.....2 Superbowl wins in his first 5 seasons....including one in his very first.* Just imagine how good we would be with a real GM calling the shots.</P>

</P>

*</P>

"Vet Minimum"</P>

Well, it's the way you worded your OP. Saying Coughlin and Ross make Reese look like a genius sort of implies that those two carry the team while Reese does diddly squat.</P>

Maybe I should give Reese more credit.***</P>

For example, when Marc Ross targeted*Jason Pierre-Paul, Hakeem*Nicks,*Manningham, Terrell Thomas, Kenny Phillips, Linval Joseph, Will Beatty,*and Jacquian Williams, Reese said "yes".</P>

*</P>

And let me guess, Clint Sintim, Adrian Tracy, Stoney Woodson, Matt Dodge, Brian Kehl, Andre Woodson and Phillip Dillard were all Reese's idea though...

JMFP2
03-29-2012, 06:30 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

"Vet Minimum"</P>

Maybe I should give Reese more credit.</P>

For example, when Marc Ross targetedJason Pierre-Paul, HakeemNicks,Manningham, Terrell Thomas, Kenny Phillips, Linval Joseph, Will Beatty,and Jacquian Williams, Reese said "yes".</P>

</P>

And let me guess, Clint Sintim, Adrian Tracy, Stoney Woodson, Matt Dodge, Brian Kehl, Andre Woodson and Phillip Dillard were all Reese's idea though...</P>

You said it...not me.</P>

FBomb
03-29-2012, 06:42 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

"Vet Minimum"</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Who said you were "Reese hating"? As far as I can tell I was agreeing with you. We need a GM who wins the SB every year!!! Reese sucks with his lousy 2.</P>

B&RWarrior
03-29-2012, 08:29 PM
Football is the ultimate team sport. When we win we win as an organization. The players, coaches, FO, even the support staff. The GM, head coach, and QB traditionally get too much credit when things are going good and too much blame when things are going bad.

I don't like all the plays Gilbride calls. I don't like all of Reese's moves (letting SS go). I'm probably the biggest armchair QB/ coach/ GM on the board. How can I argue with their effectiveness? We're the friggin' champs and people are looking for a fall guy.

jhamburg
03-29-2012, 09:02 PM
Football is the ultimate team sport. When we win we win as an organization. The players, coaches, FO, even the support staff. The GM, head coach, and QB traditionally get too much credit when things are going good and too much blame when things are going bad.

I don't like all the plays Gilbride calls. I don't like all of Reese's moves (letting SS go). I'm probably the biggest armchair QB/ coach/ GM on the board. How can I argue with their effectiveness? We're the friggin' champs and people are looking for a fall guy.

This is exactly right. In a sport with as much parity as the NFL, it is VERY rare to have a team win a championship where ANY area of the franchise- Front office, coaching staff, players- are executing poorly.

miked1958
03-29-2012, 09:48 PM
it does suck we lost Arron Ross and Manningham, but life goes on
Well and Jacobs as well as devin Thomas to

Tommy_Ribs
03-29-2012, 10:03 PM
Looks like a repeat of 2011.....depend on Tom Coughlin and Marc Ross to make Jerry Reese look like a genius again for lettingproven vets walk over chump change.</p>

Good luck, fellas!!!!</p>

</p>

Who have we let go that is irreplaceable?

Manningham is not a #1 Wideout, Jacobs does not have much left, Aaron Ross is average at best.

I'd rather have the money allocated to locking up the great players we do have.

jhamburg
03-29-2012, 10:09 PM

*</P>

</P>

</P>

*</P>

"Vet Minimum"</P>

*</P>

*</P>

We had a thread that went of for a few pages a couple days ago, "when we the last time we let a guy walk that we missed".

The only example that ANYONE could think of from the Reese era was trading Ryan Grant (who is not even a starter at this point).

1 guy in 5 years, not too bad.

Drez
03-29-2012, 10:15 PM
Looks like a repeat of 2011.....depend on Tom Coughlin and Marc Ross to make Jerry Reese look like a genius again for lettingproven vets walk over chump change.</p>

</p>

Manningham is not a #1 Wideout, Jacobs does not have much left, Aaron Ross is average at best.

I fear we are tilting at windmills in the endeavor, Tommy.

JMFP2
03-29-2012, 10:29 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

"Vet Minimum"</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Who said you were "Reese hating"? As far as I can tell I was agreeing with you. We need a GM who wins the SB every year!!! Reese sucks with his lousy 2.</P>

</P>

It's about time you woke up and smelled the coffee.</P>

Like I said, I've got faith in Coughlin. I remember some goofballs wanted him gone last year....I might be crazy, but at least I'm not bat **** crazy.</P>

As far as Reese goes, I think he's got a plan....Marc Ross and his scouts will find them, Coughlin will coach them up, and then a few years down the line we can all talk about how much we don't miss them.</P>

Same plan as 2011. I hope it works again.</P>

lawl
03-29-2012, 11:24 PM
Looks like a repeat of 2011.....depend on Tom Coughlin and Marc Ross to make Jerry Reese look elike a genius again for letting*proven vets walk over chump change.</P>

*</P>

</P>

</P>

*</P>

"Vet Minimum"</P>

*</P>

*</P>

</P>

Who said you were "Reese hating"?* As far as I can tell I was agreeing with you.* We need a GM who wins the SB every year!!!* Reese sucks with his lousy 2.</P>

</P>

It's about time you woke up and smelled the coffee.</P>

Like I said, I've got faith in Coughlin.* I remember some goofballs wanted him gone last year....I might be crazy, but at least I'm not bat **** crazy.</P>

As far as Reese goes, I think he's got a plan....Marc Ross and his scouts will find them, Coughlin will coach them up, and then a few years down the line we can all talk about how much we don't miss them.</P>

Same plan as 2011.* I hope it works again.</P>

Reese has extended Eli, Jacobs, diehl, Webster, snee,, kiwi, tuck, Bradshaw, plaxico, tt, etc.

We keep the guys that matter, and once theyve outgrown they're value, they're gone. Stop being dumb

This team is more talented.now than it was when Reese took over

GmenFan1980
03-29-2012, 11:41 PM
Looks like a repeat of 2011.....depend on Tom Coughlin and Marc Ross to make Jerry Reese look like a genius again for letting*proven vets walk over chump change.</p>

*</p>

Didn't you hear? we may have lost the greatest LB of all time in Chase Blackburn, the sole reason we ever won these super bowls. How can we ever replace a HOF like that? /red

People be crazy

JMFP2
03-29-2012, 11:44 PM

</P>

Didn't you hear? we may have lost the greatest LB of all time in Chase Blackburn, the sole reason we ever won these super bowls. How can we ever replace a HOF like that? /red People be crazy</P>

True.....defense was ROCKING before they re-signed Chase last season.</P>

GmenFan1980
03-29-2012, 11:50 PM

*</P>

Didn't you hear? we may have lost the greatest LB of all time in Chase Blackburn, the sole reason we ever won these super bowls. How can we ever replace a HOF like that? /red People be crazy</P>

yeah and when we gave up 38, 34 and allowed the redskins to run all over us w/chase . He was clearly the reason the D got better right

jhamburg
03-29-2012, 11:56 PM

*</P>

Even if you think Chase is the second coming of **** Butkus, it's still stupid to think that one guy is responsible for transforming a bottom-5 defense into a unit that gets shutouts in the playoffs.

JMFP2
03-30-2012, 01:24 AM
If I hear one more negative comment about Chase Blackburn, I'll be dealing out karate chops.

giantsfan420
03-30-2012, 01:47 AM
If I hear one more negative comment about Chase Blackburn, I'll be dealing out karate chops.

no one has said a bad thing about CB from my point of view. they just dont share your opinion that he's any more than an avg. suitable LB.

its kinda funny how you believe reese is just an avg gm riding the coattails of coughlin and ross, yet believe blackburn is this great, talented LB we absolutely need and everyone should feel so...kinda inconsistent...

JMFP2
03-30-2012, 02:07 AM
If I hear one more negative comment about Chase Blackburn, I'll be dealing out karate chops. no one has said a bad thing about CB from my point of view. they just dont share your opinion that he's any more than an avg. suitable LB. its kinda funny how you believe reese is just an avg gm riding the coattails of coughlin and ross, yet believe blackburn is this great, talented LB we absolutely need and everyone should feel so...kinda inconsistent...</P>

Did I sayBlackburn was great? No......the Giants should definitely try to upgrade the MLB position. But Blackburn deserves a sport on the roster. The guy is young, cheap, hustles, and is smart.....throw in the fact that he's very solid on special teams, and I'm stunned this guy wasn't offered a reasonable contract.</P>

You'd think the Giants learned their lesson from last season, when they were one game away from basically being toast.</P>

Thank goodness my boy Blackburn rode to the rescue......I'll give Reese credit for coming to his senses. See?....another Reese compliment.</P>

Did I say Reese was average? No..... I said he might look like a genius again if Coughlin and Marc Ross repeat what they did last year.</P>

Drez
03-30-2012, 02:13 AM
If I hear one more negative comment about Chase Blackburn, I'll be dealing out karate chops. no one has said a bad thing about CB from my point of view. they just dont share your opinion that he's any more than an avg. suitable LB. its kinda funny how you believe reese is just an avg gm riding the coattails of coughlin and ross, yet believe blackburn is this great, talented LB we absolutely need and everyone should feel so...kinda inconsistent...</p>

Did I sayBlackburn was great? No......the Giants should definitely try to upgrade the MLB position. But Blackburn deserves a sport on the roster. The guy is young, cheap, hustles, and is smart.....throw in the fact that he's very solid on special teams, and I'm stunned this guy wasn't offered a reasonable contract.</p>

You'd think the Giants learned their lesson from last season, when they were one game away from basically being toast.</p>

Thank goodness my boy Blackburn rode to the rescue......I'll give Reese credit for coming to his senses. See?....another Reese compliment.</p>

Did I say Reese was average? No..... I said he might look like a genius again if Coughlin and Marc Ross repeat what they did last year.</p>
You truly are a moron.

JMFP2
03-30-2012, 02:23 AM
If I hear one more negative comment about Chase Blackburn, I'll be dealing out karate chops. no one has said a bad thing about CB from my point of view. they just dont share your opinion that he's any more than an avg. suitable LB. its kinda funny how you believe reese is just an avg gm riding the coattails of coughlin and ross, yet believe blackburn is this great, talented LB we absolutely need and everyone should feel so...kinda inconsistent...</P>

Did I sayBlackburn was great? No......the Giants should definitely try to upgrade the MLB position. But Blackburn deserves a sport on the roster. The guy is young, cheap, hustles, and is smart.....throw in the fact that he's very solid on special teams, and I'm stunned this guy wasn't offered a reasonable contract.</P>

You'd think the Giants learned their lesson from last season, when they were one game away from basically being toast.</P>

Thank goodness my boy Blackburn rode to the rescue......I'll give Reese credit for coming to his senses. See?....another Reese compliment.</P>

Did I say Reese was average? No..... I said he might look like a genius again if Coughlin and Marc Ross repeat what they did last year.</P>

You truly are a moron.
</P>

And you truly are a humorless toolbag.</P>

JMFP2
03-30-2012, 02:41 AM

</P>

We haven't lost anyone that I'd call irreplaceable....but certainly, these guys have all contributed over the years.</P>

I think the term "proven veterans" is applicable here.</P>

foosball
03-30-2012, 03:23 AM

</p>

The Giants are saving money for guys like Jpp, Nicks, and Cruz. When they resign those guys it will have all been worth it. They are also hoping to be able yo pay either Tuck or Osi long term.

UK-Giantsfan
03-31-2012, 03:08 AM
after the shambles of 9-7 with all the injuries early last year JR was fortunate that TC pulled this team around ......even to make the playoffs. The rest was remarkable and simply brilliant.
JR has very little cap room to manouvre and i doubt that this strategy will work twice in a row.
However we need to ensure that Tuck , Osi and JPP , Nicks , Cruuuuz stay together and this is a huge priority. WE HAVE NO MONEY

ELI_Iz_God
03-31-2012, 03:39 AM

Everytime I hear Ware the first word that pops into my head is "Average" ..I call it like I see it

RagTime Blue
03-31-2012, 03:55 AM

<font size="5">
Everytime I hear Ware the first word that pops into my head is "Average</font>" ..I call it like I see it

Yeah, average third-stringer.

Reese realizes the type of sacrifice it takes to stay competitive in this league. You have to let go of some fan-favorites if their price tag is more than their value.

I don't know where this $500k figure comes from regarding Jacobs, but don't believe it. There's much more to the story than we know. It's possible Reese didn't want BJ back at all. JR doesn't mind taking a hit in the press to save the reputation of a player that exhibited good service to the Giants. He never once talked badly about SS12, Plaxico, Osi (who was publicly calling him a liar), Shockey, Boss, or even Tiki during his "comeback".

Reese has class in a business that demands he be cold-blooded. I'm glad he's our guy.

And BTW, it seems Marc Ross has done a good job no doubt, but college scouting is such a small part of what the GM does. And if you think it was the Mara family that kept Coughlin at the helm when the world wanted his head, then you deserve to believe Camelot is real.

But JR will never take public credit for that either. He's got a job to do that doesn't involve signing books.

Diamondring
03-31-2012, 09:42 AM

*</P>May God help us all.

JMFP2
04-02-2012, 12:24 AM
after the shambles of 9-7 with all the injuries early last year JR was fortunate that TC pulled this team around ......even to make the playoffs. The rest was remarkable and simply brilliant. JR has very little cap room to manouvre and i doubt that this strategy will work twice in a row. However we need to ensure that Tuck , Osi and JPP , Nicks , Cruuuuz stay together and this is a huge priority. WE HAVE NO MONEY</P>

</P>

Hey UK.....haven't talked in a while....hope all is well.</P>

gumby742
04-02-2012, 12:18 PM

</P>

May God help us all.</P>

</P>

Don't need him. We have Tebow now.</P>

Drez
04-02-2012, 02:56 PM

</p>

May God help us all.</p>

</p>

Don't need him. We have Tebow now.</p>

Wrong team, Gumby.

UK-Giantsfan
04-02-2012, 03:45 PM
Hey UK.....haven't talked in a while....hope all is well.

all is well JM4P .....just busy at work and playing some tennis in he offseason. Looking forward to the Draft. Hope you are well too , regards UK