PDA

View Full Version : 5 days until new Nike uniforms are unveiled...

dayeh33
03-29-2012, 01:23 AM
You guys think there's gonna some changes to our uniform? If so what would you like to see changed? I'm hoping for minor changes but to still respect the giants tradition. Even though its classic giants and we've had them forever, I would like to see the gray pants get a little more exciting. Feel free to talk about other teams uniforms too

slipknottin
03-29-2012, 01:26 AM
I think there will be minor changes. Perhaps a little more red. Maybe the away jerseys will be white with blue letting instead of red.

dayeh33
03-29-2012, 01:29 AM
I think there will be minor changes. Perhaps a little more red. Maybe the away jerseys will be white with blue letting instead of red.

I don't mind the upper part of our jerseys at all but maybe some more blue in the pants like a stripe or something like the vikings pants except in giants colors

Flip Empty
03-29-2012, 02:30 AM
Like this?
http://i.imgur.com/tnFPo.jpg

I'm guessing they're going to look something like

http://iforce.co.nz/i/gstn5gay.aiq.jpg (http://www.iforce.co.nz/View.aspx?i=gstn5gay.aiq.jpg)

In other words, the same.

BurnerNYG
03-29-2012, 03:02 AM
I'm not too sure what's gonna happen with us but I did see a new logo for the Panthers the other day on NFL Network when they were discussing the draft. Did anybody else see it?

Flip Empty
03-29-2012, 03:12 AM
I'm not too sure what's gonna happen with us but I did see a new logo for the Panthers the other day on NFL Network when they were discussing the draft. Did anybody else see it?
Yeah, that was revealed a while ago.
http://i.imgur.com/VH8AF.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/7pf9K.jpg

It's a bit like the Lions' update from a couple of years ago.

nygsb42champs
03-29-2012, 08:05 AM
Hopefully there will be no major changes. I like our classic look and do not want to look like the University of Oregon.

WR4Life
03-29-2012, 08:19 AM
Yeah, that was revealed a while ago.
http://i.imgur.com/VH8AF.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/7pf9K.jpg

It's a bit like the Lions' update from a couple of years ago.

I like the original better.

JimC
03-29-2012, 08:25 AM
The only change I would like to see is the numerals on the away uniforms outlined in blue. That's it for a classic, simple and very distinctive unifom. The best uniform in the league!

FBomb
03-29-2012, 09:27 AM
a little off topic.......Nike is suing Reebok for selling Tebow Jets jersies!!</P>

link (http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gCmgRIv-DKOUanK5IS2a3ORB8AmA?docId=73427840684f4e418065674 f13e50908)</P>

Flip Empty
03-29-2012, 09:39 AM
Hopefully there will be no major changes. I like our classic look and do not want to look like the University of Oregon.
Not a chance. The team and league have the final say.

NYG4ME
03-29-2012, 09:51 AM
I love our uni's! Hopefully nike doesnt go to crazy..

GiantsYanks
03-29-2012, 09:52 AM
I wish we would do a throwback once a season.. I really miss the old school helmets with the word Giants on them. I see a lot of teams doing that I wonder why we dont?

Pakman
03-29-2012, 10:28 AM
I wish we would do a throwback once a season.. I really miss the old school helmets with the word Giants on them.* I see a lot of teams doing that I wonder why we dont?

I've been waiting for the throwbacks for about 6 years now man. It ain't happening
Pl

Flip Empty
03-29-2012, 10:48 AM
I wish we would do a throwback once a season.. I really miss the old school helmets with the word Giants on them. I see a lot of teams doing that I wonder why we dont?

Yeah it's strange. They've worn those horrible reds before, but they never seem to wear throwbacks.
If I remember correctly, teams are allowed to wear alternate kit twice per season.

domfin
03-29-2012, 11:00 AM
The current uniforms are more throwback than the 80's uniforms. The current uniforms look more like the 60-70 uniforms.

SweetZombieJesus
03-29-2012, 12:14 PM

Yeah it's strange. They've worn those horrible reds before, but they never seem to wear throwbacks.
If I remember correctly, teams are allowed to wear alternate kit twice per season.

You aren't allowed to change every year, I think the NFL stipulates you have to stick with a design for 4 years or so. So we had to stick with the reds (even if we don't use them).

There was supposed to be something last year, at least it was hinted at by the equipment manager Joe Skiba, as an honor for the 1986 team's 25th anniversary. I guess they held off because Reebok is losing the contract this year. So we might actually get something this year.

Homer80
03-29-2012, 12:22 PM
Yeah it's strange. They've worn those horrible reds before, but they never seem to wear throwbacks. If I remember correctly, teams are allowed to wear alternate kit twice per season.

You aren't allowed to change every year, I think the NFL stipulates you have to stick with a design for 4 years or so. So we had to stick with the reds (even if we don't use them).

There was supposed to be something last year, at least it was hinted at by the equipment manager Joe Skiba, as an honor for the 1986 team's 25th anniversary. I guess they held off because Reebok is losing the contract this year. So we might actually get something this year.
</P>

I hope so, the 86 uniforms are much better than what we got now. They need to ditch the NY logos and go back to the GIANTS logogs</P>

NY_Eli
03-30-2012, 08:23 AM
a little off topic.......Nike is suing Reebok for selling Tebow Jets jersies!!</P>

link (http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gCmgRIv-DKOUanK5IS2a3ORB8AmA?docId=73427840684f4e418065674 f13e50908)</P>

lol...poor delusional jets fans....

blueomaha
03-30-2012, 08:31 AM
no changes...leave the champs alone...

BK07071
03-30-2012, 08:38 AM
You guys think there's gonna some changes to our uniform? If so what would you like to see changed? I'm hoping for minor changes but to still respect the giants tradition. Even though its classic giants and we've had them forever, I would like to see the gray pants get a little more exciting. Feel free to talk about other teams uniforms too

What's with this thing about new uniforms? You guys should be thinking and discussing want we need in the up and coming draft.....not what our new uniforms will look like!

nhpgiantsfan
03-30-2012, 09:02 AM

What's with this thing about new uniforms? You guys should be thinking and discussing want we need in the up and coming draft.....not what our new uniforms will look like!

Oh stop dude. 100,000 die hards on here. We are aloud to be curios about the new uniforms. It doesn't mean we are any less interested in the upcoming draft or free agency.

Get off your high horse!!

GiantsYanks
03-30-2012, 09:04 AM

Its not like we have any say in who the Giants draft.. the only thing we can control is buying team merchandise. Wake up on the wrong side of the bed today?

NYG 5
03-30-2012, 09:36 AM
i think the uniforms are fine now.

i was bitterly opposed when they changed in 2000, since the 80's uniforms with modern jersey materials looked outstanding. but then they grew on me. when they changed the whites in 2005 i was bitterly opposed, but the team has won and won big in them. so they're fine now.

i expect only very minor changes.

GIANTS script under the neck, instead of ny. i will be pissed if it becomes a stupid nike logo.

maybe a return of the red triangle on the collar

more silver colored pants, instead of the gray

WHITE SHOES PLEASE

maybe tweaking the colors so they're darker or lighter. the blue jerseys could be darker.

if theres an alternate, maybe a 80's throwback, but probably a totally new, futuristic looking one. like the Rangers statue of liberty uniform

FroZeNx31x
03-30-2012, 10:47 AM
I absolutely love our current uniforms as they are right now. Nike WILL make changes however, but lets hope they respect the Mara family enough to keep things very traditional.

If anything has to change though i would go with black alternative jerseys. The red tops make me sick, we never win in them.

YATittle1962
03-30-2012, 10:56 AM
I would bet they will look exactly as they do now with a nike swoosh replacing the reebok logo

NjErzeY88
03-30-2012, 11:10 AM
I dont think so. If the jerseys look exactly the same then their is no reason to buy new ones. Nike will want everyone to buy new jerseys so they will make some noticeable changes, I think

Raptor22
03-30-2012, 12:23 PM
Mostly I want to see them switch back to white pants.

Other than that, I'm fine with the uniform. If they want to have some fun with them, fine... Just don't go making them look like anime characters. (I'll admit, I like Oregon's uniforms, they're part of what makes that team fun to watch). Maybe go back to the 40's helmet (but NO RED JERSEY!)

http://image.wetpaint.com/image/1/97MuLF-49S6zGg2CL8wEeg11944/GW150H244

Strife21
03-30-2012, 12:26 PM
Not sure why everyone thinks there are going to be these big changes. I work for the licensed sports apparel industry and there will not be any major changes. Almost everything will look exactly the same.

The NFL and Teams have the say as to what the uniforms look like not Nike or Reebok.

The only real change that's occurring is to the cut of the jersey for the most part and some change in technical fabric.

FIFTY6G-MAN
03-30-2012, 05:55 PM
Atleast go back to white pants and facemasks!!!! That was a sick and intimidating look!!</P>

https://encrypted-tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRtziwboAccMoiUUvTxKZiLy1HDkWvYn UWmdTW8W5W_bHxqPi4J</P>

PRFan
03-30-2012, 06:06 PM
I'm fine with the jerseys, wouldn't mind seeing non-grey pants thought!

Dirt66
03-30-2012, 08:37 PM
<FONT face=Georgia>I'm with ya bro!! That is the look.</FONT>

YATittle1962
03-30-2012, 09:14 PM
I dont think so. If the jerseys look exactly the same then their is no reason to buy new ones. Nike will want everyone to buy new jerseys so they will make some noticeable changes, I think

what the jerseys look like is not up to Nike

they are simply the manufacturer

if they propose changes and the Mara and Tisch family like it ...then we may see changes

somehow I dont see that happening since they are very traditional and a bit superstitious

considering recent success I expect to see much of the same as far as uniforms

GiantLegend
03-31-2012, 05:02 AM
Bring back the red unis and I'll be happy.

I also want to see the GIANTS script back under the collar, and the colored triangles.

Although that piece of fabric was a Reebok thing, as they did the same in the NHL with the league logo, so that might be gone entirely.

FLNYGFAN
03-31-2012, 01:59 PM
Love the sig GL

BK07071
03-31-2012, 03:15 PM

Its not like we have any say in who the Giants draft.. the only thing we can control is buying team merchandise. Wake up on the wrong side of the bed today?

Yeah smart a** ! I woke up next to your mother!

DemandedAce
03-31-2012, 04:46 PM
I hate these grey pants... Go blue pants away and white at home, money in the bank right there

GiantLegend
03-31-2012, 07:16 PM
Love the sig GL

Thanks man, I like yours too.

I wish I knew or had Photoshop so I could clean it up, but it's what I could come up with in paint lol.

jomo
03-31-2012, 07:20 PM
5 days until the new message boards are unveiled.......[;)]

jomo
03-31-2012, 07:21 PM
5 days until the new message boards are unveiled.......[;)]

Tuckit91
03-31-2012, 07:28 PM
Thanky you YA! Some people seem to think that Nike gets to design the Uniforms any way the want.

GiantLegend
03-31-2012, 07:46 PM
Love the sig GL

Thanks man, I like yours too.

I wish I knew or had Photoshop so I could clean it up, but it's what I could come up with in paint lol.