PDA

View Full Version : Stunk to see Jacobs leave, but there's always a silver lining

BJacobs aka The Problem
03-29-2012, 09:42 AM
Yeah, it stunk to see Jacobs leave, he's been one of my favorite players as of late, but there is a silver lining.

With the way the offensive line played the last two season, it's been apparent that they've lost a little bit of consistency with opening up the huge gaping holes that we were accustomed in the past. This made it hard for a back like Jacobs to be fully effective especially with the fact that he's not a great lateral runner. Call me captain obvious but we didn't see this hurting AB that much because he has the speed and quickness to make the cuts necessary to get out of the backfield when holes don't open up like they're supposed to.

Basically what I'm saying is, that this could be a sign that the Giants are moving towards a speedier, shifty backfield. This plays into scheme of AB and Da'rell Scott, who's got quickness and speed. Then again, I'm no Jerry Reese nor resemble anything close to a GM and they could bring in slaton or a bruiser in the draft and completely debunk my theory.

Either way, we could be seeing a transition to a speedier backfield.

On a side note...I'm going to need a new name. This stinks :(

GameTime
03-29-2012, 09:50 AM
I think the Giants still want balance in the running/passing game but they are shifting their philosophy more on a different type of running game. The power running game is less of a priority for them at this point in time. OR&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;maybe they felt Jacobs usefullness is not woth what he wanted money wise.</P>

Either way the Giants are going in a new direction and oneof these young RBs HAS to step up. Bradshaw is nearing the end too as far as taking on the major amount of carries. </P>

You dont have to change your name....Jacobs will still be a problem and now for the Giants maybe too....</P>

jhamburg
03-31-2012, 12:34 AM
Whenever I saw your name, I thought it was saying Brandon Jacobs is "the problem" with the giants.

miked1958
03-31-2012, 12:39 AM
Whenever I saw your name, I thought it was saying Brandon Jacobs is "the problem" with the giants.Yea me to

bronxvgiant
03-31-2012, 12:42 AM
Jacobs was kinda getting old and worn out,but both him and Mario to the 49ers?Kinda stinks

Gimaniac
03-31-2012, 12:47 AM
Later Brandon, thanks for the memories. Knockin' out the lights on the Dallas play clock was one of my favs.

giantsfan420
03-31-2012, 01:49 AM
coughlin had said in an interview that they want to keep the dynamic of bradshaw paired with a bruiser...

G-Men Surg.
03-31-2012, 03:29 AM
There's no silver lining bro, getting old just plain sucks.

ANON837
03-31-2012, 10:31 AM
Its definitely time to move on from the Power "O" running game. You have an explosive passing game that is being slowed down by a running game that was damn near dead last in the league. The screen play was non existent and the homerun threat wasn't there. I'm really anxious to see what Scott can do. I want to see him break through to the second level and take it to the house. Or turn the corner on a pitch and knock off 20 yards. Times have changed and the Giants need to come aboard.

Strahan4gov
03-31-2012, 11:26 AM
<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/euJG5q0yBpg?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/euJG5q0yBpg?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

BJacobs aka The Problem
03-31-2012, 11:47 AM
Whenever I saw your name, I thought it was saying Brandon Jacobs is "the problem" with the giants.Yea me to

Heh, I kind of took it from an old rapper named Cassidy because when Jacobs first started, no one had an answer to stop him. But it looks like its time to find a new player to rep.

Kiwi's my second favorite player on the squad. so i guess it's time to rep him.

dutchnyg
04-03-2012, 02:34 AM
this

Jon6777
04-03-2012, 05:43 AM
When I went to the 2008 playoff game vs. philly... yes that game... the one thing myself and my dad noticed was just how hard Jacobs was running. (My dad grew up in Missouri and was a KC fan but he always said the Gmen were his NFC team) Go back and look at the tape, the only Giants player who played well that game was Jacobs. That man was such a beast those 07 and 08 seasons, he will be remembered as a great all time Giant. Oh and he was also a member of our last championship!

JMFP2
04-03-2012, 12:06 PM
There's no silver lining bro, getting old just plain sucks.

Agreed.....Giants let him walk over 500k.... and just a few days later, we learn that Bradshaw is gonig to be sidelined.

I was a big cheerleader for Da'Rel Scott because of his preseason flash....thought he might be the RB version of Victor Cruz.....but in the limited work he had in the regular season, he was careless with the ball. So, I have no idea if this kid is the answer.

The Giants may need to find the answer with an early round pick, otherwise, they could have a problem.

Bradshaw's feet just can't handle how tough he runs. It's a bummer, because I like Bradshaw alot, but the fact is, the condition of his feet are a major concern.

Redeyejedi
04-03-2012, 12:22 PM
I cant believe he got the money he wanted. I thought for sure he was going to come back.