PDA

View Full Version : GIANTS' RB DA'REL SCOTT TO GET HIS SHOT?

RoanokeFan
03-29-2012, 01:24 PM
GIANTS' RB DA'REL SCOTT TO GET HIS SHOT? (http://gmenhq.com/2012/03/29/giants-rb-darel-scott-to-get-his-shot/)

"The Giants allowed RB Brandon Jacobs to leave for free agency and the San
Francisco 49ers. We loved Brandon in New York as fans. He was big, bruising,
had surprising speed, and at least once a year gave you a great highlight of
running over a defender. Brandon also had a much too big a mouth for the
Giants, and sometimes was not the friendliest player to the media. Brandon does
however have two Super Bowl Rings, and deserves them both. We thank Brandon for
all he has done here, and as always wish him well in the future.

This opens the door for some competition for the spot behind Ahmad Bradshaw.
Currently on the roster are Andre Brown, D.J. Ware, and Da’Rel Scott. Scott
has tremendous speed at 5’11? 195 and has shown some potential. It looks like
the Giants will probably draft a RB or two for depth in the middle to late
rounds. Expect the competition to be between these three mainly, with D.J. Ware
having a slight edge starting out due mainly to his experience and tenure with
the team. However, if Da’Rel can stay healthy he can contribute in many ways.
Take a look at a few clips of Da’Rel’s work.Da’Rel Scott Fake Punt (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euJG5q0yBpg)<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5q9zOwjmvA">Da’Rel Scott 97 Yard
Run</a></p>

Pretty impressive stuff…..Let’s see if he can take advantage of the
situation."</p>

Bohemian
03-29-2012, 01:27 PM
I really look forward to seeing Scott learn the position, and earn his feathers. He is a promising player.

GameTime
03-29-2012, 01:45 PM
AB will be limited as usual. Not a complaint just a fact</P>

Ware we all know he is an OK RB and knows the system</P>

Scott....we shall see. He has the speed and even at only 195 most of the weight is carried low. Good center or gravity and balance. He can do well if he outs in the work.</P>

Brown....IMO seems like a wing nut and wont' really out the work in to make the most of his talent. Strictly and observation by me based on nothing but a hunch. </P>

Scott or Brown NEEDS to step up. If they dont the running game will be just OK.</P>

BeatYale
03-29-2012, 01:46 PM
I hope so. I'd rather see the team develop a 2nd RB behind Bradshaw whether it be one of our existing guys or a rookie.

RoanokeFan
03-29-2012, 01:52 PM
AB will be limited as usual. Not a complaint just a fact</p>

Ware we all know he is an OK RB and knows the system</p>

Scott....we shall see. He has the speed and even at only 195 most of the weight is carried low. Good center or gravity and balance. He can do well if he outs in the work.</p>

Brown....IMO seems like a wing nut and wont' really out the work in to make the most of his talent. Strictly and observation by me based on nothing but a hunch. </p>

Scott or Brown NEEDS to step up. If they dont the running game will be just OK.</p>

I have finally come to just accept the "player development" aspect of how the GIANTS do business. There's plenty of evidence to say it works most of the time.

Gimaniac
03-29-2012, 01:53 PM
Everyone was calling for Scott last year when our running game was no where to be found. He fumbled and went to the bench for the rest of the year. He is more explosive than anyone else on the team, so I hope he can get a grip on things.

myles2424
03-29-2012, 02:09 PM
Drafting a rookie is a must.....
I luv AB, but extremely fragile...
Ware is extremely borderline average...
Scott, we have no clue what were getting...
brown,him being on the practice squad is impressive....the guy has had a bad injury history ever since leaving high school....

MikeIsaGiant
03-29-2012, 02:22 PM
I don't want to question and shouldn't the management we have.

I think Scott will get his chances and will be successful

titwio
03-29-2012, 02:30 PM
brown,him being on the practice squad is impressive....the guy has had a bad injury history ever since leaving high school....

They are definitely going to draft a RB this year...I can guarantee it. I think we might even see two drafted this year for camp competition with also a vet FA.

Pakman
03-29-2012, 02:44 PM
No real proof with what I'm about to say but....

I have a feeling AB (Andre Brown) is going to be a big surprise and then we can come up with a cool nickname

ABs

AB2

AB squares

Double AB

A2B2

Yeah I just trust the Giants

nygsb42champs
03-29-2012, 02:46 PM
Lets hope he takes full advantage of his chance. I am not excited about Ware at all.

Raptor22
03-29-2012, 04:02 PM
One thing: Scott is 210, not 195

Edit: one more thing... anyone notice that the only guy to gain on Scott during the 97yrd TD run was JJ12?

ANON837
03-29-2012, 04:14 PM
The Giants better do something with this backfield. Right now Scott is the only thing resembling a threat. There is no pop in the running game. Bradshaw, Brown, nor Ware are threats to knock out an easy 20 yarder. Scott could be that guy but he has to get on the field and get snaps. I'm sick of the nibbling run game. Imagine what the offense could be with a run game that makes the d-backs constantly look in the backfield.

timmytimm3
03-29-2012, 04:21 PM

Edit: one more thing... anyone notice that the only guy to gain on Scott during the 97yrd TD run was JJ12?

I noticed. I think they're both going to make some big plays this year.

03-29-2012, 04:21 PM
IMHO Ware does not have what it takes he seems to get pushed around way to easily

G-Man67
03-29-2012, 05:09 PM
im ready to see Mr. Scott ... speed kills in the NFL ...

radar-ray
03-29-2012, 05:17 PM
im ready to see Mr. Scott ... speed kills in the NFL ...I was ready to see him last year, but he dropped the rock, and TC benched him. Hopefully he works on ball security in training camp this year.

Tommy_Ribs
03-29-2012, 05:23 PM

Thank You for typing what I was going to write.

gumby742
03-29-2012, 05:45 PM
Give me a solid 3 yards every play and i'll be happy. None of this lose 1, gain 5 crap.

Meanhothead
03-29-2012, 06:42 PM
AB will be limited as usual. Not a complaint just a fact</p>

Ware we all know he is an OK RB and knows the system</p>

Scott....we shall see. He has the speed and even at only 195 most of the weight is carried low. Good center or gravity and balance. He can do well if he outs in the work.</p>

Brown....IMO seems like a wing nut and wont' really out the work in to make the most of his talent. Strictly and observation by me based on nothing but a hunch. </p>

Scott or Brown NEEDS to step up. If they dont the running game will be just OK.</p>

I have finally come to just accept the "player development" aspect of how the GIANTS do business.* There's plenty of evidence to say it works most of the time.*

I agree. Players need time to get better, it's how NYG does do their business.

And I'm glad they do this with almost every position, except with punting.

I've preferred the Weatherford experience over the Dodge experiment.

TheEnigma
03-29-2012, 06:53 PM
Not expecting anything from Ware really. He's a poor man's BGE.

Raptor22
03-29-2012, 06:59 PM
On the bright side for the run game, it looks like Snee will be healthy for next season (was dealing with an elbow injury last season that required surgery).

Get him healthy and Petrus out there, and the run game will be back.

jomo
03-29-2012, 07:16 PM
Ware sets a pretty low bar to climb over. If Scott can't get there easily it will be very disappointing.

NYGRealityCheck
03-29-2012, 07:44 PM
There's lots of room on the Da'Rel Scott bandwagon. It's going express. All Aboard!

miked1958
03-29-2012, 08:10 PM
GIANTS' RB DA'REL SCOTT TO GET HIS SHOT? (http://gmenhq.com/2012/03/29/giants-rb-darel-scott-to-get-his-shot/)

"The Giants allowed RB Brandon Jacobs to leave for free agency and the San
Francisco 49ers. *We loved Brandon in New York as fans. *He was big, bruising,
had surprising speed, and at least once a year gave you a great highlight of
running over a defender. *Brandon also had a much too big a mouth for the
Giants, and sometimes was not the friendliest player to the media. *Brandon does
however have two Super Bowl Rings, and deserves them both. *We thank Brandon for
all he has done here, and as always wish him well in the future.

This opens the door for some competition for the spot behind Ahmad Bradshaw.
*Currently on the roster are Andre Brown, D.J. Ware, and Da’Rel Scott. *Scott
has tremendous speed at 5’11? 195 and has shown some potential. *It looks like
the Giants will probably draft a RB or two for depth in the middle to late
rounds. *Expect the competition to be between these three mainly, with D.J. Ware
having a slight edge starting out due mainly to his experience and tenure with
the team. *However, if Da’Rel can stay healthy he can contribute in many ways.
*Take a look at a few clips of Da’Rel’s work.*Da’Rel Scott Fake Punt (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euJG5q0yBpg)**<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5q9zOwjmvA">Da’Rel Scott 97 Yard
Run</a></p>

Pretty impressive stuff…..Let’s see if he can take advantage of the
situation."</p>If we can get Scott some decent blocking he will break off huge runs with his quickness and shifty moves.

KillaRich
03-29-2012, 09:09 PM
anyone but ware.... god i hated when he came in the game...he was decent catching it though...but completely sucks at everything else.....always tackled backwards never gets any push

GMENAGAIN
03-29-2012, 09:28 PM
You know how the Giants are with young RB's . . . if he can't block the position, he won't play . . . .

GameTime
03-29-2012, 10:01 PM
No real proof with what I'm about to say but.... I have a feeling AB (Andre Brown) is going to be a big surprise and then we can come up with a cool nickname ABs AB2 AB squares Double AB A2B2 Yeah I just trust the Giants</P>

THING 1 </P>

</P>

AND</P>

</P>

THING 2</P>

King Sully
03-30-2012, 01:50 AM
No real proof with what I'm about to say but.... I have a feeling AB (Andre Brown) is going to be a big surprise and then we can come up with a cool nickname ABs AB2 AB squares Double AB A2B2 Yeah I just trust the Giants</P>

THING 1 </P>

*</P>

AND</P>

*</P>

THING 2</P>

there's no denying brown has talent, but he's more fragile than bradshaw, and im not sure his injuries haved sapped him of his ability

BlueSanta
03-30-2012, 06:05 AM
I still think Da'Rel has some work to do on ball security. He had 5 carries last year and put the ball on the ground 2 of those 5 times(only 1 on stat sheet, because 1 was inadvertently and incorrectly ruled down.)

People always assume it is a fixable, but there are no guarantees.

I hope he gets it worked out, but if he doesnt, he wont see the field.

nycsportzfan
03-30-2012, 08:11 AM
Drafting a rookie is a must..... I luv AB, but extremely fragile... Ware is extremely borderline average... Scott, we have no clue what were getting... brown,him being on the practice squad is impressive....the guy has had a bad injury history ever since leaving high school....

Thank You for typing what I was going to write.
I woulden't mind Drafting a RB like Doug Martin and possibly bringing in a cheap FA like Justin Forsett to have a bigtime competition for playing time.. Forsett would be a wiley signing by Reese in my opinion.. He can catch, help on ST's in return game, and brings that speedy elusiveness that we lack in the backfield...

Toadofsteel
03-30-2012, 12:22 PM

THING 1 </P>

*</P>

AND</P>

*</P>

THING 2</P>

Idk, I like A2B2 better...

All that said, the Giants have always been about next man up. I think Da'rel Scott will have a breakout year. If TC can fix the fumbling problems of Tiki Barber, he can fix the fumbling problems of any RB.

Giant stuck in Texas
03-30-2012, 01:10 PM

Yep, I noticed that as well. JJ has amazing acceleration and I really hope both guys become major factors next season.