PDA

View Full Version : Any QB's worth taking in the later rounds?

RagTime Blue
03-29-2012, 03:18 PM
Obviously we like Manning and Carr, but nobody is forever, and if an opportunity of value presents itself, possibly for a 3-year project-QB, it couldn't hurt to start auditioning guys.

Anybody like any of the prospects that're projected to go in rounds 5-7?

Considering most teams dress 3 QB's and for a few years now, we've only dressed 2, it wouldn't be that much of a stretch of roster.

titwio
03-29-2012, 03:23 PM
Case Keenum is a good one to develop IMO. Should go around the 6th/7th round.

Giants Of New Jersey
Case Keenum, QB, Houston

Giants Of New Jersey
Case Keenum is a good one to develop IMO. Should be around the 6th/7th round.

you stole my answer!

ReeBoK894
03-29-2012, 03:34 PM
The Giants are supposedly interested in AlbanyU QB Dan Di Lella

titwio
03-29-2012, 03:43 PM
The Giants are supposedly interested in AlbanyU QB Dan Di Lella

Yep, I read about that too in a Roanoke thread.

Morehead State
03-29-2012, 03:52 PM
We will take the traditional rout when it comes to our next starting QB.</P>

</P>

Wait until we suck so bad that we get a super early pick in the draft.</P>

it worked for us before.</P>

Shockeyitus
03-30-2012, 08:29 AM
Ryan Lindley, San Diego State....

Shockeyitus
03-30-2012, 10:18 AM

Actually..in addition to Lindley, I also am intrigued by Aaron Corp from Richmond. Former USC quarterback.

Redeyejedi
03-30-2012, 10:44 AM
Ryan Lindley, San Diego State....Lindley to me is by far the most intriguing mid round QB. I think someone might take him earlier then expected. He has great tools and fits the Giants offense well. Lindley has a well built frame and 2nd level arm strength and deep ball accuracy. The more I watch Lindley the more I attribute his problems to players around him. I think he could develop into a starter

Case Keenum Ive seen mentioned but he isnt a future starter . He doesnt fit the physical make up of a Giant QB. His arm is less then ideal for the Giants offense .He is another inflated stat QB like Graham Harrel. He looks more like an Eagles QB.

FroZeNx31x
03-30-2012, 11:56 AM
I would go after the best mobile QB (sub 4.59) left during later rounds, preferably rounds 5 or 6. We can spend 2 years developing him while teaching him the offense. Ryan Perriloux has been great for us in practice but doesn't serve any real purpose when it comes to growing with the team.

Shockeyitus
03-30-2012, 12:13 PM
I would go after the best mobile QB (sub 4.59) left during later rounds, preferably rounds 5 or 6. We can spend 2 years developing him while teaching him the offense. Ryan Perriloux has been great for us in practice but doesn't serve any real purpose when it comes to growing with the team.

Not sure why you want to go after a mobile QB with our offense. However, if that is the desire, than Jordan Jefferson from LSU should be the guy. He is a big kid that is a smooth athlete.

FroZeNx31x
03-30-2012, 12:28 PM
I'm anxious to see what Gilbride's offense would do with a mobile QB at the helm.
Jefferson is a good prospect but I've seen him in-game.....he doesn't have that extra "stuff" you need from your QB.

Someone like Russell Wilson from Wisconsin would be an excellent prospect, also Dominique Davis from East Carolina (ran the Houston spread offense nicely, Boston College transfer)
Both have been successful at the college level

Shockeyitus
03-30-2012, 12:31 PM
I'm anxious to see what Gilbride's offense would do with a mobile QB at the helm.
Jefferson is a good prospect but I've seen him in-game.....he doesn't have that extra "stuff" you need from your QB.

Someone like Russell Wilson from Wisconsin would be an excellent prospect, also Dominique Davis from East Carolina (ran the Houston spread offense nicely, Boston College transfer)
Both have been successful at the college level

Wilson will be playing baseball in 3 years and Davis is talented, so who knows. I prefer the traditional drop back passer at the helm.

slipknottin
03-30-2012, 01:04 PM

Mobility from a QB is the most overrated part of QB evaluation. Top QBs make plays from the pocket.

titwio
03-30-2012, 01:05 PM

As a QB I'd rather have Perriloux than Jefferson.

RoanokeFan
03-30-2012, 01:07 PM
That depends on how many more years Eli is expected to play.

giantman8493
03-30-2012, 01:09 PM
kellen moore?

FroZeNx31x
03-30-2012, 01:15 PM

Mobility from a QB is the most overrated part of QB evaluation. Top QBs make plays from the pocket.

The game is changing.....soon mobility WILL be a major player in-terms of a QB's ability to win championships

TuckYou
03-30-2012, 01:19 PM

Actually..in addition to Lindley, I also am intrigued by Aaron Corp from Richmond. Former USC quarterback.

So are the Giants. They went to see his pro day and get an idea.

Kase-1
03-30-2012, 02:18 PM
We just re-signed David '#1 Overall Draft Pick' Carr, didnt you guys see the press conference?!?!?!

titwio
03-30-2012, 02:28 PM
We just re-signed David '#1 Overall Draft Pick' Carr, didnt you guys see the press conference?!?!?!

I saw it...They aired it in between the Tebow presser in one of the commercials.

Shockeyitus
03-30-2012, 03:01 PM

What is your point?

titwio
03-30-2012, 03:05 PM

What is your point?

I'm pretty sure it's a joke. Mara kidded about a David Carr Press conference after the Jets did it with Tebow.

Kase-1
03-30-2012, 03:08 PM

What is your point?

I'm pretty sure it's a joke. Mara kidded about a David Carr Press conference after the Jets did it with Tebow.BINGO!!

michaelkhan3
03-31-2012, 10:43 AM
Kirk Cousins is one I like but he might go as high as the 2nd. I also like Kellen Moore I think Moore could be a good back up for us he knows how to win and is very accurate even though he doesn't have the strongest arm

Tommy_Ribs
04-03-2012, 02:01 PM
Russell Wilson - Wisconsin, I know he's short, but the guy is a winner.

Kellen Moore from Boise State - also a winner, could be a good project, a la a Matt Flynn.

The QB from Albany is raw, but has a big arm. He would actually be a great pick for Andy Reid/Eagles.