PDA

View Full Version : Vote For Victor Cruz For Cover Of Madden 13!!!

Cruz 4 Prez
03-29-2012, 05:21 PM
http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/feature/madden2013cover

And don't give me any of that garbage about the supposed Madden curse. Let's finally get a G-MEN on a Madden cover!!

Cruz 4 Prez
03-29-2012, 05:26 PM
He's going against Revis, and we can't let a Jet win!

jjj45
03-29-2012, 05:31 PM
He's going against Revis, and we can't let a Jet win!We have already beaten the Jets when it really counted. I'll take the Superbowls. The Jets can have the Madden covers.

Morehead State
03-29-2012, 05:41 PM
http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/feature/madden2013cover And don't give me any of that garbage about the supposed Madden curse. Let's finally get a G-MEN on a Madden cover!!</P>

Are you friggin nuts!!!!!!????????</P>

</P>

Cruz 4 Prez
03-29-2012, 05:46 PM
http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/feature/madden2013cover And don't give me any of that garbage about the supposed Madden curse. Let's finally get a G-MEN on a Madden cover!!</P>

*</P>
Dude, I'm not one to believe in curses, and I buy Madden every year. I'm tired of seeing people like Hillis on a cover, when we never had Strahan, Tiki, or any of our stars on it. Injuries happen, it's football. Has nothing to do with being on a cover of a video game.

Pakman
03-29-2012, 05:54 PM

*</P>
Dude, I'm not one to believe in curses, and I buy Madden every year. I'm tired of seeing people like Hillis on a cover, when we never had Strahan, Tiki, or any of our stars on it. Injuries happen, it's football. Has nothing to do with being on a cover of a video game.

Your post is extremely logical and sound....but I'm not voting idc lol

Dabluguy
03-29-2012, 06:03 PM
No thanks. No Madden curse for the Giants.

TheBookOfEli
03-29-2012, 06:09 PM
Is this thread serious? I'm going to vote for Lesean McCoy.........he "deserves" it.

NJGIANTinNC
03-29-2012, 06:19 PM
Is this thread serious? I'm going to vote for Lesean McCoy.........he "deserves" it.

Thank you.
I really feel he has "earned" the cover

Cruz 4 Prez
03-29-2012, 06:24 PM
C'mon man, you can't seriously believe in curses, do you? That's like believing in Santa or the Easter Bunny. Supposedly the Red Sox had a curse and what happened to that? Curses are all perception, and if I recall correctly, 3 or so years ago Larry Fitz was on the cover and had a great year, and no injuries. For people who actually play Madden, and buy it every year I would love to see one of my favorite players on the cover.

gmen46
03-29-2012, 06:27 PM

*</P>

Nice that you don't believe in curses.

But when 10 out of the last 13 players have had serious injuries the following season, either resulting in essentially a lost season for them or, as in the case of 6 of the 10, declining careers that never recovered to any of their respective previous glory--it's a ****ing curse.

Take your "I'm a realist" luggage somewhere else.

No Giants fan worth the appellation wil be voting for Cruz.

And you should be excommunicated for even suggesting it. Dude.

jparmer
03-29-2012, 06:31 PM
Fitz was the only one not affected out of all the cover men. But Fitz was also on the cover with Polamalu so vote for whoever u want. Curse or no curse I won't be held responsible for voting in our guy and damning him

NYGRealityCheck
03-29-2012, 06:42 PM
I'll vote for Victor Cruz...until the final four. He's defintely blasting Revis away here and probably on the field too.

Matt C
03-29-2012, 06:46 PM
Please god no. Sorry but the madden curse is real. Fitz might have escaped it, but I don't want to risk it.

Santa isnt real???!?!?!??!

GmenFan1980
03-29-2012, 06:50 PM
Still pulling strong for Cam or McCoy

Cruz 4 Prez
03-29-2012, 06:50 PM
Fitz was the only one not affected out of all the cover men. But Fitz was also on the cover with Polamalu so vote for whoever u want. Curse or no curse I won't be held responsible for voting in our guy and damning him
If you really think about it, most of the people they put on the cover are over 30 years old, and have been in the league a while, so yeah that's why they were more injury pron. Example. McNabb, Alexander, Polamalu who is injury proned on the cover or not, and Favre. I don't know, I just want my favorite player on the cover, curses are fictional

Cruz 4 Prez
03-29-2012, 06:54 PM
How about this, there is still a couple rounds to go, can we atleast vote for him to beat Revis, cause the #1 seed is Cam Newton, and he'll probably beat Cruz, but please let's beat this loud mouthed Revis... I don't want the Jets or their fans to get any satisfaction from it, and I would hate to but the game with that d####bag on the cover

miked1958
03-29-2012, 06:55 PM

*</P>
Dude, I'm not one to believe in curses, and I buy Madden every year. I'm tired of seeing people like Hillis on a cover, when we never had Strahan, Tiki, or any of our stars on it. Injuries happen, it's football. Has nothing to do with being on a cover of a video game.It never turns out good for most guys on the Madden Cover. Just like the SI Cover

gmen46
03-29-2012, 06:58 PM
If you really think about it, most of the people they put on the cover are over 30 years old, and have been in the league a while, so yeah that's why they were more injury pron. Example. McNabb, Alexander, Polamalu who is injury proned on the cover or not, and Favre. I don't know, I just want my favorite player on the cover, curses are fictional

Here's an idea. Pull up 1 of about a thousand pictures in the internet of Cruz.

Print the photo of your choice.

Cut out Cruz from the print.

Paste print onto your new Madden box.

YOU get your bromance satisfied, and there's no risk of Cruz succumbing to the curse.

Problem solved.

Win-win.

Cruz 4 Prez
03-29-2012, 07:06 PM

Here's an idea. Pull up 1 of about a thousand pictures in the internet of Cruz.

Print the photo of your choice.

Cut out Cruz from the print.

Paste print onto your new Madden box.

YOU get your bromance satisfied, and there's no risk of Cruz succumbing to the curse.

Problem solved.

Win-win.
Lol, you might think I'm sick, but I did something similiar last year. I photoshopped Eli on the cover, and got the same material they use to make their covers and printed it, and it looks genuine. I had friends asking me to put their fav players on a cover for them, b/c nobody wants to look at a Cleveland Brown player everytime we wanted to play, lol. I just can't believe how superstitious you all are.

jparmer
03-29-2012, 07:07 PM

Eddie George - 27
Culpepper - 25
Faulk -28
Vick - 23
Lewis - 29
McNabb - 29
Alexander - 29
Young - 24
Favre - 39
Troy - 28
Brees - 31
Hillis - 25

Your theory is flawed

Cruz 4 Prez
03-29-2012, 07:18 PM

Eddie George - 27
Culpepper - 25
Faulk -28
Vick - 23
Lewis - 29
McNabb - 29
Alexander - 29
Young - 24
Favre - 39
Troy - 28
Brees - 31
Hillis - 25

Your theory is flawed
Lol, tu shey my friend ;)

jparmer
03-29-2012, 07:27 PM
Haha. I review video games for a friend's website. I also wrote an article about the madden curse so I've done the research on it

Cruz 4 Prez
03-29-2012, 07:40 PM
Haha. I review video games for a friend's website. I also wrote an article about the madden curse so I've done the research on it
Well, I still want him to beat Revis though. I saw Revis on ESPN First Take and he was asking the audience to vote for him, cause he knows they won't play the Giants in another relevant game for 4 years, so beating Cruz he said "would be a victory to me."

rainierjef
03-29-2012, 07:58 PM
Why do you care so much. Its just a cover who cares. Just whoop people online and when they ***** say sb champ sucka

B-Red22
03-29-2012, 08:03 PM
F*** THAT!!!! i just voted against him!!! we need him to lose ******!!!

Flip Empty
03-29-2012, 08:09 PM
I've no problem voting for him. I don't believe in curses.
Was he cursed in 2010 when the Giants decided to stash him away on IR?
Were T2, Goff, Sintim, Austin, Johnson, Witherspoon, Coe, Tryon and Clayton on last year's Madden cover as well?
Injuries happen, it's the nature of the sport.

EA, will be loving the exposure this supposed "curse" gives their outdated video game. It's free publicity.

Made a Cruz cover for another thread, it's a bit rough

http://iforce.co.nz/i/onpgvvk2.rwb.jpg

NoHuddle10
03-29-2012, 08:37 PM
IF ANYONE, AND I MEAN ANYONE, VOTES FOR VICTOR CRUZ TO BE ON THE COVER OF MADDEN.... YOU ARE NO LONGER CONSIDERED A GIANT IN MY BOOK....

This is the worst post I have ever seen on these boards, and that is a title that is very tough to come by.

DO NOT VOTE CRUZ FOR THE COVER OF MADDEN!

Cruz 4 Prez
03-29-2012, 08:53 PM
Were T2, Goff, Sintim, Austin, Johnson, Witherspoon, Coe, Tryon and Clayton on last year's Madden cover as well?

EA, will be loving the exposure this supposed "curse" gives their outdated video game. It's free publicity.

Dude this is great!!! Can you make another one, but for XBOX 360, and make it the same size as a real one so I can print it when I get home? My email address is plaxprez@gmail.com if you can!!

goonergiant
03-29-2012, 09:04 PM
Drew Brees doesn't appear to be "cursed"...

Cruz 4 Prez
03-29-2012, 09:07 PM
^^^^^^^^^^
What he said, lol... =)

jparmer
03-29-2012, 09:08 PM

Madden 11. The 2010 Super Bowl MVP Drew Brees would appear of the cover of Madden 11. After his Saints won the Super Bowl the previous season, they were poised for another good year. However the curse had other plans. Brees threw 22 interceptions, twice as many as the previous year and the Saints would lose in the first round of the playoffs to a 7-9 Seattle Seahawks.

Syverce
03-29-2012, 09:09 PM
C'mon man, you can't seriously believe in curses, do you? That's like believing in Santa or the Easter Bunny. Supposedly the Red Sox had a curse and what happened to that? Curses are all perception, and if I recall correctly, 3 or so years ago Larry Fitz was on the cover and had a great year, and no injuries. For people who actually play Madden, and buy it every year I would love to see one of my favorite players on the cover.

You don't think becoming the face of the poorly run Cardinals franchise is damaging enough to count? He is one of the best receivers in the league and he is stuck on a team who's greatest achievement is being handed a superbowl appearance by the Eagles and failing to beat the Steelers who played a mediocre game. If you ask me the curse took one look and said, "No need to pile on more, he's already screwed", and left.

jparmer
03-29-2012, 09:12 PM

Madden 11. The 2010 Super Bowl MVP Drew Brees would appear of the cover of Madden 11. After his Saints won the Super Bowl the previous season, they were poised for another good year. However the curse had other plans. Brees threw 22 interceptions, twice as many as the previous year and the Saints would lose in the first round of the playoffs to a 7-9 Seattle Seahawks.

And dropped his passer rating from 109.6 to 90.9

Cruz 4 Prez
03-29-2012, 09:19 PM

If I had this printed for the xbox 360, and if Cruz atleast beats Revis I wouldn't care if Cruz won or not. This would be an awesome cover!!!!

goonergiant
03-29-2012, 09:22 PM

He still threw for 400 yards and lost because they allowed 41 points to the 7-9 Seahawks! If anyone looked cursed in that game it was the Saints D!
Overall, it was still an ok season and he breaks the passing yards record the very next year..

jparmer
03-29-2012, 09:27 PM

He still threw for 400 yards and lost because they allowed 41 points to the 7-9 Seahawks! If anyone looked cursed in that game it was the Saints D!
Overall, it was still an ok season and he breaks the passing yards record the very next year..

There is no standard for the curse other than injury or diminished production the year after the cover. Call it what u want. If u are OK with cruz getting 500 yards and we get knocked out in the first round of the playoffs go ahead and vote him in.

jparmer
03-29-2012, 09:31 PM
And I'll just go ahead and mention the current topic "bounty gate". But you're right there probably is no madden curse

gbril28
03-29-2012, 09:33 PM
My take on this whole matter is simple:

Players on the cover of Madden or SI are selected because they are seen by their peers and the media to be at the height of their respective sports at the time of the release.

It is very difficult for a player to replicate the performance that warranted their face being put on the cover. Also with being on a cover, all aspects of their performance are going to be analyzed that much more.

No curse.

goonergiant
03-29-2012, 09:44 PM

There is no standard for the curse other than injury or diminished production the year after the cover. Call it what u want. If u are OK with cruz getting 500 yards and we get knocked out in the first round of the playoffs go ahead and vote him in.

So if I vote for him then I am ok with 500 yards etc? Not everyone has to have superstitious beliefs.

Cruz 4 Prez
03-29-2012, 09:47 PM

Players on the cover of Madden or SI are selected because they are seen by their peers and the media to be at the height of their respective sports at the time of the release.

It is very difficult for a player to replicate the performance that warranted their face being put on the cover. Also with being on a cover, all aspects of their performance are going to be analyzed that much more.

No curse.
I agree, it's not like ppl are puposely trying to injure ppl that made the cover, except for the Saints who try to take everyone out, lol

rainierjef
03-29-2012, 10:15 PM
i just voted....for shady mccoy

NYG1984
03-29-2012, 10:19 PM

smart man. all my giants friends and i agree... he "deserves" it and were all voting for him. :evilgrin:

Flip Empty
03-29-2012, 10:19 PM
Dude this is great!!! Can you make another one, but for XBOX 360, and make it the same size as a real one so I can print it when I get home? My email address is plaxprez@gmail.com if you can!!
Yeah, I can't find a better version of that image so I may have to use another one though.

About the curse.. you believers need not worry about Cruz because Tebow has this thing in the bag. Both fans and haters will be voting for him.

Cruz 4 Prez
03-29-2012, 10:46 PM
Yeah, I can't find a better version of that image so I may have to use another one though.

About the curse.. you believers need not worry about Cruz because Tebow has this thing in the bag. Both fans and haters will be voting for him.
Tebox lost in the 1st round, lol

BeatYale
03-29-2012, 10:59 PM
1999 Garrison Hearst: Breaks ankle. Misses 2 full seasons.

2000 Barry Sanders/Dorsey Levens: Barry was initially chosen to be on the cover. He ended up retiring before training camp. Dorsey Levens replaced him on the cover and went on to tear up his knee. He was never the same again.

2001 Eddie George: After appearing on the cover he couldn't break 1,000 yards for the first time in his career. His rushing average continued to decline and his career was eventually over.

2002 Daunte Culpepper: The worst season of his career (at this point), misses last 5 games with a knee injury. The same knee that he blows out in 2005 that ends his career.

2003 Marshal Faulk: Ankle injury. Never rushes for 1,000 yards again.

2004 Mike Vick: Breaks his leg the day after Madden is released. Some speculate that his dog fighting career began during the 11 weeks of downtime he had that season. The curse works in mysterious ways.

2005 Ray Lewis: Breaks his wrist. He only missed 1 game, but had the worst season of his career. It was the first time he'd finish a season with 0 interceptions. The following year he suffers a thigh injury and misses 10 games.

2006 Donovan McNabb: Sports hernia during the first game of the season. Once a 5 time Pro Bowler, he has not made one Pro Bowl since being on the cover.

2007 Shaun Alexander: Breaks his foot. He never runs the same again, career over!

2008 Vince Young: Injures his leg which gimps his scrambling ability. He was contemplating suicide during the season, quit on his team and lost respect from his teammates. Again, the curse works in mysterious ways.

2009 Brett Favre: Injures his bicep towards the end of the season losing the last 4 of 5 games. He lead the league in interceptions.

2010 Troy Polamalu & Larry Fitzgerald: EA attempted to confuse the curse by putting 2 players on the cover. Polamalu injures his knee, only plays in 5 games. Fitz suffers a rib injury that prevented him from playing in the post season.

2011 Drew Brees: He had a productive and healthy season. However, the curse struck him in the playoffs as the Saints had a humiliating loss to the Seattle Seahawks.

2012 Peyton Hillis: Misses 6 games due to injury and gets the nutjob label because of various antics that question his commitment to football and his work ethic.

The curse stems from EA Sports being the evil empire of sports gaming. Purchasing exclusive rights from the NFL and NCAA to ensure no other company could produce a college or pro football branded game. Prior to this they were wining and dining people from major media outlets to get higher review scores.

They have released the same product year after year with updated rosters, slowly ripping ideas from the 2k series over time and calling them new features with all kinds of marketing buzz words around them. Eg: Took them forever to add gang tackling animations and when they finally did, they acted like they pioneered it. EA admitted a long time ago that their strategy was to out market 2ksports instead of out develop them because they knew they had an inferior product at the time (this was almost 8 years ago around the time they secured exclusive rights to the NFL license).

TLDR; I've worked in the gaming industry for 11 years. I had an internship at EA when I was in college. There's a lot that goes on that consumers aren't aware of. If curses are real, this is probably it. The EA Sports brand deserves it, but the players don't.

solarmike
03-29-2012, 11:16 PM
Nope!

Madden Curse = Flutie Curse...but much worse.

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_3452_Curses!_Flutie_has_last_laugh_on_Phillips. html (http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_3452_Curses%21_Flutie_has_last_laugh_on_Phillip s.html)

Let Cruz be Cruz without the fanfare for a year at least.

Solar Mike

Cruz 4 Prez
03-29-2012, 11:34 PM
[i]The curse stems from EA Sports being the evil empire of sports gaming. Purchasing exclusive rights from the NFL and NCAA to ensure no other company could produce a college or pro football branded game. Prior to this they were wining and dining people from major media outlets to get higher review scores.

They have released the same product year after year with updated rosters, slowly ripping ideas from the 2k series over time and calling them new features with all kinds of marketing buzz words around them. Eg: Took them forever to add gang tackling animations and when they finally did, they acted like they pioneered it. EA admitted a long time ago that their strategy was to out market 2ksports instead of out develop them because they knew they had an inferior product at the time (this was almost 8 years ago around the time they secured exclusive rights to the NFL license).

TLDR; I've worked in the gaming industry for 11 years. I had an internship at EA when I was in college. There's a lot that goes on that consumers aren't aware of. If curses are real, this is probably it. The EA Sports brand deserves it, but the players don't.
Very well said, sir. EA is a bunch of *****s. If you buy the game new you can play online with the activation code, but if you buy the game used, you have to pay EA to play on the servers. $10 charge. Not just for Madden, but for Need For Speed, Battlefield, and all their other games. My NBA 2k12 I can play on anyone's system online and don't have to pay extra at all. F' EA

foosball
03-30-2012, 02:54 AM
He is so prime for the curse. He's been at every event imaginable this off season. I can't imagine how he's had time to stay in shape. it would figure he'd win the cover. I hope he has a good camp, stays healthy and continues to play at a high level.

BlueBlooded1979
03-30-2012, 03:31 AM
I am not superstitious i am a little-stitious. No need to test fate though.

GmenFan1980
03-30-2012, 05:29 AM
I am not superstitious i am a little-stitious. No need to test fate though.

Eli, is that you? lolhttp://boards.giants.com/emoticons/emotion-4.gif

jparmer
03-30-2012, 05:51 AM

No curse.

Dante Culpepper had the best season of his career 2 years after the cover.
Brett Favre, same thing
Drew Brees has bounced back as well.
Vick is back to form

A lot of guys have come back and played to their potential. It's not like u can say these guys were selected at their highest point career and statistical wise. Several of them were in the first years of their career. It's not always a career ending incident.

Look I'm not superstition either, I'm just stating the facts as I see them. There have been undeniable occurrences. Do whatever u want but for me, I'm not gonna vote for cruz because I don't want to be a part of the aftermath should something happen.

jparmer
03-30-2012, 05:54 AM
[i]The curse stems from EA Sports being the evil empire of sports gaming. Purchasing exclusive rights from the NFL and NCAA to ensure no other company could produce a college or pro football branded game. Prior to this they were wining and dining people from major media outlets to get higher review scores.

Very well said, sir. EA is a bunch of *****s. If you buy the game new you can play online with the activation code, but if you buy the game used, you have to pay EA to play on the servers. $10 charge. Not just for Madden, but for Need For Speed, Battlefield, and all their other games. My NBA 2k12 I can play on anyone's system online and don't have to pay extra at all. F' EA

That's the price u pay when we buy used. I'm not saying it's right. I buy most of my games used. The fact of the matter is when we buy used we are paying the retailer. The company that makes the game isn't getting that sale so essentially it hurts business for them. Charging for an online pass is their way of making something on a used sale.

nygsb42champs
03-30-2012, 07:58 AM
Madden curse? There is no way I want a Giant on it.

GIANTfaninFL
03-30-2012, 10:02 AM
NOOOOO

Cruz 4 Prez
03-30-2012, 07:15 PM
Madden curse? There is no way I want a Giant on it.
You guys with this idea of curses being real. I cannot believe how supersticious you guys all are. It's baffling

B-Red22
03-30-2012, 08:08 PM

Eddie George - 27
Culpepper - 25
Faulk -28
Vick - 23
Lewis - 29
McNabb - 29
Alexander - 29
Young - 24
Favre - 39
Troy - 28
Brees - 31
Hillis - 25