PDA

View Full Version : Prince's 2012 Predictions

FroZeNx31x
03-30-2012, 01:35 PM
We all got a glimpse of what Prince brings to the Giants defensive secondary this past season. He's a scrappy cover corner with great instincts. Young, big, fast, and can press with lots of potential......

I see Prince picking up Ross's production this season. Will he be a 5 INT guy? who knows, i see him being a premier cover guy once he gets comfortable playing our scheme.

What do you think 2012 holds for Prince?

ny06
03-30-2012, 01:59 PM
I think he can have a good season in 2012. </P>

He showed some promise near the end of the season and playoffs. He had a rough start once his foot healed, but that was expected. (missed training camp, OTA's)</P>

Now the question is will he be starting alongside Webster? Thomas and Prince should have a good competitivetraining camp. And the better player will start. Many feel Thomas is best used in covering the slot, then the outside. </P>

hadenough
03-30-2012, 02:10 PM
We all got a glimpse of what Prince brings to the Giants defensive secondary this past season. He's a scrappy cover corner with great instincts. Young, big, fast, and can press with lots of potential...... I see Prince picking up Ross's production this season. Will he be a 5 INT guy? who knows, i see him being a premier cover guy once he gets comfortable playing our scheme. What do you think 2012 holds for Prince?</P>

</P>

He's gonna do great</P>

nhpgiantsfan
03-30-2012, 02:43 PM
Total question mark. No way to tell. One thing is for sure, he will get tested plenty in the early part of the season.

FroZeNx31x
03-30-2012, 02:48 PM
I think he can have a good season in 2012. </P>

He showed some promise near the end of the season and playoffs. He had a rough start once his foot healed, but that was expected. (missed training camp, OTA's)</P>

Now the question is will he be starting alongside Webster? Thomas and Prince should have a good competitive*training camp. And the better player will start. Many feel Thomas is best used in covering the slot, then the outside. </P>

I see Thomas being the slot corner in the nickel package with Prince on the outside.... in base 4-3 Webster and Thomas are our starters.

We line up in a hybrid nickel package most of the time so Prince will get a lot of PT.

titwio
03-30-2012, 02:51 PM
I'm expecting around 11 int's, 125 tackles, 20 PD, 10 FF's.....You know, the usual.

Seriously though, I think he'll definitely be one the better tacklers in the secondary next year. I love his physicality as a corner. Everything else I can't really determine until we see what his mentality looks like given his increased role in camp and preseason...but I think he should have a solid season.

giantsfan420
03-30-2012, 03:15 PM
i dont know if he'll have more than 4 ints, but I do expect him to be better in coverage than Ross.

I expect him to shut down teams #2 wr's and have a bunch of pass defenses

Kase-1
03-30-2012, 03:17 PM
I'm expecting around 11 int's, 125 tackles, 20 PD, 10 FF's.....So youre saying he's gonna have a bad season??

LOL!!!!

titwio
03-30-2012, 03:22 PM
I'm expecting around 11 int's, 125 tackles, 20 PD, 10 FF's.....So youre saying he's gonna have a bad season??

LOL!!!!

;)

nygsb42champs
03-30-2012, 03:26 PM
Hopefully he is working hard this off season and getting ready to step in and contirbute. To me the niggest thing that 2012 holds for Prince is that he stays healthy and does not have problems with the foot again.

Raptor22
03-30-2012, 03:30 PM
My hopes are high for him. I really loved what he did in the playoffs. When a rookie CB gets in the game and QB's like Matt Ryan, Aaron Rogers, and Tom Brady can't even look his way, is a good sign indeed.

Except for the one time he was in zone coverage in the Superbowl, Brady threw to Gronk, and Prince just flattened him. That made me smile [:D]

Bohemian
03-30-2012, 03:36 PM
I can't wait to see him stay healthy for a whole season. He is definitely promising, and besides that secondary, the defense will be even more deadly.

BigBlue1971
03-30-2012, 03:52 PM
i think Prince wll be a real contributor this season! he has all the tools as evident by his play the 2nd half of the season and the playoffs.</P>

with him i dont think we miss Ross at all in fact Prince may be an upgrade over Ross!</P>

Bohemian
03-30-2012, 04:00 PM

LOL!!!!

;)
:P

NYG4lifeNYK
03-30-2012, 04:22 PM
I just hope he stays healthy.

BeatYale
03-30-2012, 08:41 PM
To me the niggest thing that 2012 holds for Prince is that he stays healthy and does not have problems with the foot again.

I had to consult urbandictionary.com to find out what niggest meant. Hopefully it won't be as serious as Bradshaw's foot problems.

B&RWarrior
03-30-2012, 09:06 PM
CB is a difficult position to predict. Some play it strong from rookie year on like Peterson. Some have strong rookie years then the league makes an adjustment and they get worked like Ross. Some CBs are like C-Web and take a few years to come into their own.

P.S. If Prince only equals Ross's production he will be a SEVERE dissapointment. Ross was most often injured or getting burned throughout his Giant career. I have higher aspirations for Prince.

B-Red22
03-30-2012, 09:26 PM
We all got a glimpse of what Prince brings to the Giants defensive secondary this past season. He's a scrappy cover corner with great instincts. Young, big, fast, and can press with lots of potential......

I see Prince picking up Ross's production this season. Will he be a 5 INT guy? who knows, i see him being a premier cover guy once he gets comfortable playing our scheme.

What do you think 2012 holds for Prince?
huh??? he showed me none of these things. FAST??? he got burned constantly, that being said I think with a full offseason under his belt he should have a decent year.

XxBigWhitxX
03-30-2012, 09:36 PM
Well he was shut down all playoffs. he was targeted once I think all playoffs and thats when he was used the most as the nickle CB. I think with him starting next year we'll see a lot of QBs trying to test him, but they'll learn [;)]

64 tackles, 6 ints, 12 PD, 1 FF

berya
03-31-2012, 05:58 PM
I just hope he doesn't blow and TT can still play after his injury because otherwise we might have a problem houston.

Strahan4gov
03-31-2012, 06:09 PM
I just hope he doesn't blow and TT can still play after his injury because otherwise we might have a problem houston.

Unless the QB doesn't have any time to throw :)

As much of a stupid mouth breather assumption this is, after seeing his Football Science I cant help but think the kid has huge potential and will work out just fine.

bearbryant
03-31-2012, 06:38 PM
I agree w/ B&amp;R. Anything we get will be sweet after what we gotfrom Ross. Even though injured soon after starting,The Prince came back nicely and helped the team win. Watching him play I could see him listening to the coaches and playing very conservatively from jump. However, I think once he gets his sea legs under him, and he understands the system completely and knows the rest of the backfield he is playing with, he will prove to be asuper New York Giant CB.

Captain Chaos
03-31-2012, 07:15 PM
I think having a full offseason program to work with and having his foot 100% he will be a welcome addition. I think he will do a better job than Ross. He did get a ton of experience once he started to play. After getting owned by a couple of quick receivers he kind of got it figured out...

mainegiantsfan
03-31-2012, 10:33 PM
Don't know what to expect. He didn't have a chance to show what he can do when healthy. I don't think he will be as bad a Ross, so that's a positive.