jppmvp90
03-30-2012, 02:32 PM
jason peters ruptured achilles

G-Men Surg.
03-30-2012, 02:33 PM
What the hell ?!?!?!? What ?!?!?

Eli TO Shockey
03-30-2012, 02:33 PM
luckily for them, they have the draft and available FA to fill his spot. Either way, hes not that big of a blow. Not nearly the player he once was.

SweetZombieJesus
03-30-2012, 02:35 PM
Was he on a trampoline with Joba Chamberlain?

titwio
03-30-2012, 02:36 PM
They just re-signed King Dunlap who filled in at LT last year and was pretty solid.

G-Men Surg.
Was he on a trampoline with Joba Chamberlain?

Lol

jppmvp90
<a class="account-group js-account-group js-action-profile js-user-profile-link" href="https://twitter.com/#%21/pdomo" data-user-id="168750735"><strong class="fullname js-action-profile-name show-popup-with-id">Paul Domowitch[/b]
<span>?</span>
<span class="username js-action-profile-name"><s>@</s>pdomo</span>
</a>
<ul class="actions js-actions"><li class="action-reply-container">
<a class="with-icn js-action-reply" data-modal="tweet-reply" href="https://twitter.com/#" title="Reply">

</a>
<li class="action-rt-container">
<a class="with-icn js-toggle-rt" data-modal="tweet-retweet" href="https://twitter.com/#">

<span class="retweet" title="Retweet">Retweet</span>
</a>
<li class="action-fav-container">
<a class="with-icn js-toggle-fav" href="https://twitter.com/#">

<span class="favorite" title="Favorite">Favorite</span>
</a>
<li class="action-open-container">
<span class="separator"></span>
<a class="with-icn js-open-close-tweet" href="https://twitter.com/#%21/pdomo/status/185772835472551936">

<span class="open-tweet" title="Open Tweet"> Open</span>

</a>
[/list]

<p class="js-tweet-text">Major blow for Eags losing Peters. Allowed 1 sack in 570 pass plays in '11. Was monster blocker for Shady McCoy.</p>

G-Men Surg.
03-30-2012, 02:37 PM
<a class="account-group js-account-group js-action-profile js-user-profile-link" href="https://twitter.com/#%21/pdomo" data-user-id="168750735"><strong class="fullname js-action-profile-name show-popup-with-id">Paul Domowitch[/b]
<span>?</span>
<span class="username js-action-profile-name"><s>@</s>pdomo</span>
</a>
<ul class="actions js-actions"><li class="action-reply-container">
<a class="with-icn js-action-reply" data-modal="tweet-reply" href="https://twitter.com/#" title="Reply">

</a>
<li class="action-rt-container">
<a class="with-icn js-toggle-rt" data-modal="tweet-retweet" href="https://twitter.com/#">

<span class="retweet" title="Retweet">Retweet</span>
</a>
<li class="action-fav-container">
<a class="with-icn js-toggle-fav" href="https://twitter.com/#">

<span class="favorite" title="Favorite">Favorite</span>
</a>
<li class="action-open-container">
<span class="separator"></span>
<a class="with-icn js-open-close-tweet" href="https://twitter.com/#%21/pdomo/status/185772835472551936">

<span class="open-tweet" title="Open Tweet"> Open</span>

</a>
[/list]

<p class="js-tweet-text">Major blow for Eags losing Peters. Allowed 1 sack in 570 pass plays in '11. Was monster blocker for Shady McCoy.</p>
How did it happen .

ny06
03-30-2012, 02:37 PM
They just re-signed King Dunlap who filled in at LT last year and was pretty solid.</P>

He's no Jason Peters. </P>

</P>

titwio
03-30-2012, 02:44 PM
They just re-signed King Dunlap who filled in at LT last year and was pretty solid.</P>

He's no Jason Peters. </P>

*</P>

An All Pro LT? No...no he's not. But he is a serviceable LT until they acquire one either through draft or trade.

giantsfan420
03-30-2012, 02:50 PM
not one to celebrate injuries, but i got sick of seeing that sprint out draw play to mccoy behind peters who is maybe one of a few LT's athletic enough to block on that play correctly. that play killed us way too many times.

for those who cant remember it, its the play where vick lines up under center, receives the snap, sprints out in a half roll out, the LT drops back like its a pass play for a quick second, then vick hands it off to mccoy who runs behind Peters who sells the pass block but really is just setting up his run block.
it only worked bc of peters athleticism. doubt we see that play this season unless they can run it toward their RT.

plus, I believe Peters shut down JPP/Osi with Osi really struggling to get pressures.

NYG4lifeNYK
03-30-2012, 02:51 PM
luckily for them, they have the draft and available FA to fill his spot. Either way, hes not that big of a blow. Not nearly the player he once was.

Dude are you kidding? This is <font size="6">HUGE</font> blow for Philly.

He's set to make $8,250,000 in 2012.

He graded out as one of the top left tackles in football last year.

Eagles resigned OL King Dunlap in his place... Osi/JPP are licking their chops

This also is a big blow to their run game... the guy is a monster

GMENAGAIN
03-30-2012, 02:51 PM
Wow, that is a big blow.</P>

</P>

Luckily for them, though, it happened before the draft and FA were over. </P>

ny06
03-30-2012, 02:55 PM
not one to celebrate injuries, but i got sick of seeing that sprint out draw play to mccoy behind peters who is maybe one of a few LT's athletic enough to block on that play correctly. that play killed us way too many times. for those who cant remember it, its the play where vick lines up under center, receives the snap, sprints out in a half roll out, the LT drops back like its a pass play for a quick second, then vick hands it off to mccoy who runs behind Peters who sells the pass block but really is just setting up his run block. it only worked bc of peters athleticism. doubt we see that play this season unless they can run it toward their RT. plus, <FONT color=#0000ff>I believe Peters shut down JPP/Osi with Osi really struggling to get pressures</FONT>.</P>

JPP did real well against Peters. It's Osi who got dominated by Peters. </P>

Jason Peters has some of the best footwork out of any tackle in the league, that is the reason Osi has his problems facing him. </P>

</P>

DemandedAce
03-30-2012, 02:59 PM
Vick is gonna get broken in half next season and McCoy isn't far behind him with this

Eli TO Shockey
03-30-2012, 03:07 PM

Dude are you kidding? This is <font size="6">HUGE</font> blow for Philly.

screw the eagles. their players suck. lol

jomo
03-30-2012, 03:11 PM

Dude are you kidding? This is* <font size="6">HUGE</font> blow for Philly.

That financial blow is huge!

giantsfan420
03-30-2012, 03:12 PM
not one to celebrate injuries, but i got sick of seeing that sprint out draw play to mccoy behind peters who is maybe one of a few LT's athletic enough to block on that play correctly. that play killed us way too many times. for those who cant remember it, its the play where vick lines up under center, receives the snap, sprints out in a half roll out, the LT drops back like its a pass play for a quick second, then vick hands it off to mccoy who runs behind Peters who sells the pass block but really is just setting up his run block. it only worked bc of peters athleticism. doubt we see that play this season unless they can run it toward their RT. plus, <FONT color=#0000ff>I believe Peters shut down JPP/Osi with Osi really struggling to get pressures</FONT>.</P>

Jason Peters has some of the best footwork out of any tackle in the league, that is the reason Osi has his problems facing him. </P>

*</P>
he let up one sack and it wasnt to JPP, could be wrong about that.
JPP might not have struggled as much vs Peters, but he def. didn't do "real well" vs him, at least imo....

TuckYou
03-30-2012, 03:14 PM
Uh, what are you guys smoking?</P>

This is a HUGE blow to the Eagles, who were already trying to figure out ways to protect Vick before this injury. Peters was rated the #1 LT in the league last season by a few sources. </P>

But, we lost Beatty last year, our starting LT and still won the superbowl thanks to having quality backups and Diehl's versitility.</P>

Next man up...</P>

King Dunlap is not even close to Peters. Didnt they just trade Winston Justice for Demeco Ryans too?</P>

timmytimm3
03-30-2012, 03:15 PM
OUCH!

Link
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d827f9e0a/article/eagles-peters-ruptures-achilles-tendon-?module=HP11_headline_stack

slipknottin
03-30-2012, 03:19 PM
Either way, hes not that big of a blow. Not nearly the player he once was.

You're crazy, Peters was a top 5 LT in the league last season. Perhaps top 3.

ny06
03-30-2012, 03:20 PM

</P>

he let up one sack and it wasnt to JPP, could be wrong about that. JPP might not have struggled as much vs Peters, but he def. didn't do "real well" vs him, at least imo....</P>

That one sack you are speaking of should have been credited to JPP. </P>

JPP blew right off the ball and before Peters could even get a hand on him JPP had Vick. But Vick got away; and JPP hustled and still got the hit on Vick. </P>

Here is a youtube of JPP vs the Eagles in the 1st meeting. </P>

Jason Peters did do a great job against JPP. But to say he shut him down is incorrect. </P>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soJMilLHuTI</P>

nygsb42champs
03-30-2012, 03:22 PM
Did not hear that. It is early enough that they can make a adjustment.

slipknottin
03-30-2012, 03:28 PM
Jason Peters did do a great job against JPP. But to say he shut him down is incorrect.

The one play where JPP looped and got the sack, it looked like Peters was expecting help from the back, because he protecting the inside more.. If McCoy pushes JPP up a bit, Peters is in great position.

Peters did a great job against both JPP and Osi... He was a dominant LT.

Eli TO Shockey
03-30-2012, 03:39 PM

Id rather have diehl

slipknottin
03-30-2012, 03:41 PM
Id rather have diehl

Just proving you are insane.

Eli TO Shockey
03-30-2012, 03:42 PM
Id rather have diehl

Just proving you are insane.

I wasn't being serious ... Bruh

slipknottin
03-30-2012, 03:43 PM
I wasn't being serious ... Bruh

Never know on these forums. Plenty of people here think Diehl is the second coming of Walter Jones

TrueBlue@NYC
03-30-2012, 03:58 PM
Big loss for the Eagles, Peters got back to form last season and he was big for them. I hope they feel the pain, it's only taste of what we had to deal with last offseason with all of our injuries.

burier
03-30-2012, 04:08 PM

Still was able to shut Osi down.

NJ10
03-30-2012, 04:16 PM
oh what a shame.

TheEnigma
03-30-2012, 04:34 PM
Wonder if the Eagles will consider Johnathan Martin out of Stanford now.

titwio
03-30-2012, 04:37 PM

I'm thinking Reiff trading up.

gmen0820
03-30-2012, 05:25 PM

I'm thinking Reiff trading up.I don't know if they will have to trade up for Reiff. He might fall a little.

I think they go for McNeill or Demetrius Bell.

chasjay
03-30-2012, 05:37 PM
No tears here for the Eagirls, but damn!! It just reminds how quickly and freakishly a team's make up can get changed, right out of the blue. It has happened often enough to us. It is hard to imagine a scenario where they can get that hole plugged to more than 75% of what they had.

Marvelousmik
03-30-2012, 05:58 PM
double

Marvelousmik
03-30-2012, 06:01 PM

I personally think Peters is the best Offensive lineman in the NFL.

greenca190
03-30-2012, 06:05 PM
I think he's the most athletic left tackle in the game and fits that offense to a tee. Major blow for them.

Martyr
03-30-2012, 06:40 PM

I personally think Peters is the best Offensive lineman in the NFL.
</P>

Yeah he takes DE's right out of the game. I dont really care but I know the Eagles are worried</P>