PDA

View Full Version : So are we or aren't we going after Jonathan Stewart?

Cruz 4 Prez
03-30-2012, 08:28 PM
Did we stop pursuit, or are we slacking? I'd really love to get this guy, but don't want to give anyone up for him.

GMENAGAIN
03-30-2012, 08:31 PM
No.</P>

It makes no sense to trade for a veteran RB in the last year of his deal, who is going to want big money next year.</P>

</P>

</P>

Cruz 4 Prez
03-30-2012, 08:39 PM
No.</P>

It makes no sense to trade for a veteran RB in the last year of his deal, who is going to want big money next year.</P>

*</P>

*</P>
*sigh =(

dave56dj
03-30-2012, 08:40 PM
Id love to hear how the conversation would go if reese asked for Jonathan Stewart in return for NO ONE.

Also they traded Mike Goodson today so they have 3 guys which isnt a bad thing. There was never a report saying we were chasing him - only fans asking - not sure why people think thats newsworthy.

B-Red22
03-30-2012, 09:30 PM
Did we stop pursuit, or are we slacking? I'd really love to get this guy, but don't want to give anyone up for him.
what pursuit?? we were never going after him

Bohemian
03-30-2012, 09:32 PM

I decided that it would be best if we did not. Don't even try to convince me, because I have made up my mind :)

TheEnigma
03-30-2012, 09:34 PM
No but according to my sources, we're looking to deal Kiwi for a 1st rounder to the Oakland Raiders.

bELIeve_in_Giants
03-30-2012, 09:39 PM
Everything I've read has said the Panthers aren't shopping him They traded another RB to the Raiders today

DownWitJPP
03-30-2012, 10:17 PM
Everything I've read has said the Panthers aren't shopping him* They traded another RB to the Raiders today this

Panthers traded RB Mike Goodson to Raiders, Stewart is most likely staying in Carolina

this was all a rumor started by one random fan asking Adam Schefter on Twitter if he thought Jonathan Stewart was going to the Giants. his reply was Panther adamant this week that they're not trading Stewart. How it turned into this is quite funny

Cruz 4 Prez
03-30-2012, 10:24 PM
what pursuit?? we were never going after him
It was reported that the Giants were one of 3 teams to reach out to the Panthers, even though the Panthers don't plan on shopping him, they picked up a power back in Tolbert, so the Giants are just testing the waters, but I haven't heard anything in 3 days about it

calzonesays
03-30-2012, 10:30 PM
Kinda like those weird old people who hoard stray cats.

The Panthers do the same thing with RBs.

Cruz 4 Prez
03-30-2012, 10:34 PM
Kinda like those weird old people who hoard stray cats.*

The Panthers do the same thing with RBs.*

lmmfao!!!!

Morehead State
03-30-2012, 10:38 PM
No but according to my sources, we're looking to deal Kiwi for a 1st rounder to the Oakland Raiders.</P>

I'm assuming you're kidding since Oakland has no first rounder.</P>

Cruz 4 Prez
03-30-2012, 11:12 PM
No but according to my sources, we're looking to deal Kiwi for a 1st rounder to the Oakland Raiders.</P>

I'm assuming you're kidding since Oakland has no first rounder.</P>
epic fail, lol

Drez
03-30-2012, 11:25 PM
No.</p>

It makes no sense to trade for a veteran RB in the last year of his deal, who is going to want big money next year.</p>

</p>

</p>
It'd make sense for a 4th or lower (lower meaning 4, 5, 6 or 7), even for one year. Figure you get decent production out of him for a year and then a nice comp pick the following year when he leaves in FA.

TheEnigma
03-30-2012, 11:27 PM

I'm assuming you're kidding since Oakland has no first rounder.</P>2013 1st of course.

Roosevelt
03-30-2012, 11:31 PM
I'd really love to get this guy, but don't want to give anyone up for him.

He sounds extremely valuable.

Tuckit91
03-30-2012, 11:42 PM
Will want to much money next year!

ny06
03-31-2012, 12:09 AM
<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt" class=MsoNormal>I would love the Giants to acquire J. Stewart. But the main issue is he will be a free agent after the year, and like many have stated. Barring injury he is going to get paid $$$$ </P>
<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt" class=MsoNormal>Unfortunately we have other players that need to be extended or resigned next year. </P>
<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt" class=MsoNormal>So the question is, do we give up a draft pick. 2nd or 3rd. For a player we may have for only one season?</P>
<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt" class=MsoNormal>I would do it, he is an exceptional player, and having him for one season is better then not at all. He can compliment Bradshaw and create a formidable tandem. </P>
<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt" class=MsoNormal></P>

giantsfan420
03-31-2012, 02:28 AM

I'm assuming you're kidding since Oakland has no first rounder.</P>2013 1st of course.

r u kidding around or...?
bc i also believe they dont have a first in 2013 either. palmer was 2 first picks and a conditional 2nd if i'm not mistaken...

Flip Empty
03-31-2012, 03:15 AM
Wow, it's so easy to troll on these boards

GmenFan1980
03-31-2012, 03:20 AM
Wow, it's so easy to troll on these boards

http://psih.biz/wp-content/uploads/%D0%9C%D1%80%D0%A2%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%BB%D0%BE%D0%BB%D 0%BE-300x200.jpg

Yep :P

TheEnigma
03-31-2012, 04:02 AM
Yeah, I was just kidding around by making fun of Incarcerated Bob and then the old Oakland Raiders who trade their 1sts for anything with two legs.

Wasn't even trying to troll anyone but I did apparently.

GMENAGAIN
03-31-2012, 08:52 AM
Did we stop pursuit, or are we slacking? I'd really love to get this guy, but don't want to give anyone up for him. what pursuit?? we were never going after him It was reported that the Giants were one of 3 teams to reach out to the Panthers, even though the Panthers don't plan on shopping him, they picked up a power back in Tolbert, so the Giants are just testing the waters, but I haven't heard anything in 3 days about it</P>

It has never been reported that the Giants "reached out" to the Panthers about Stewart or anything else.</P>

GMENAGAIN
03-31-2012, 08:55 AM
No.</P>

</P>

</P>

It'd make sense for a 4th or lower (lower meaning 4, 5, 6 or 7), even for one year. Figure you get decent production out of him for a year and then a nice comp pick the following year when he leaves in FA.
</P>

Why would the Panthers do that instead of just keeping him and letting him play out his contract at a reasonable salary thi year??</P>