PDA

View Full Version : We are losing our Superbowl Team

Diamondring
03-31-2012, 07:27 AM
With the losses we have, I feel that the Giants have lost the title without playing a single game and we might as well not look at the Giants play football this year.

That was just a joke but I feel that we are losing our Superbowl team because of certain departures. I also feel that we needed to improve the team but with some of the players we lost, the Giants might just be patching up the team. What you guys think about the Giants chances right now and how much of an impact the players we lost helped the Giants?

easterbeast
03-31-2012, 07:39 AM
im concerned about MLB and RB.
i think they are fine though......but its too soon to tell, nobody gave the giants a chance throughout the season.

JimC
03-31-2012, 07:41 AM
With the losses we have, I feel that the Giants have lost the title without playing a single game and we might as well not look at the Giants play football this year.

That was just a joke but I feel that we are losing our Superbowl team because of certain departures. I also feel that we needed to improve the team but with some of the players we lost, the Giants might just be patching up the team. What you guys think about the Giants chances right now and how much of an impact the players we lost helped the Giants?

time marches on and things change. we won the super bowl and that is in the past. it's time to begin the trek again with some new players who may be even better than the ones that left. it's an exciting time to be a giants fan!

FeaglesPuntsEaglesRunts
03-31-2012, 07:52 AM
If it makes you feel better, we just won another and had a much different team.

I don't think a single player that caught a ball in SB 42 besides Bradshaw or Jacobs was even playing for the Giants this time around. Strahan is obviously retired, I think we have totally new DT's, our offensive line was completely different, totally new safeties, totally new LB's.

The key guys are still there. Eli, Bradshaw, we still have our stud receivers, JPP and Tuck and I'm really hoping Osi. Webster and of course Coach Coughlin.

SweetZombieJesus
03-31-2012, 07:54 AM
After XLII who did we lose? Strahan to retirement, Gebril Wilson, Kawika Mitchell, Regie Torbor, Toomer was in the doghouse...

Right now I think our biggest problem is the O-line needs destruction. Jacobs was done, IMO, and we needed to move on. Ross was sometimes mediocre and sometimes brilliant and we'll miss the depth at secondary but we have a platoon of people coming back from injury. Manningham was nice to have but we have Nicks and Cruz ahead of him, so someone can step up and fill the #3 role. Goff is shopping around (I would like to keep him but we have Herzlich, Williams, and Jones on tap) and Chase deserves a shot in camp that he might not get.

None of these losses are critical, I'm more worried about the O-line and the future of Osi.

GMENAGAIN
03-31-2012, 07:56 AM
Long live GWAT!!

Flip Empty
03-31-2012, 08:02 AM
I'd like some insurance at RB, but other than that I'm not that worried.

Gimaniac
03-31-2012, 08:17 AM
We still have Eli, good coaching & scouting. We have just as good a chance of winning another SB as anyone else in the league.

miked1958
03-31-2012, 08:40 AM
We are in an age where a SB winning team can't poss keep all it's players with the Cap structure and with a Ton of key players becoming URFA each offseason.

You not only have a prov resigning who is a FA, but also with guys still under contract thinking they are under paid. Cruz, Osi, BJ to name a few

Redeyejedi
03-31-2012, 08:45 AM
This is why its almost impossible to repeat.Depth guys get grabbed by other teams for more money

GameTime
03-31-2012, 09:05 AM
With the losses we have, I feel that the Giants have lost the title without playing a single game and we might as well not look at the Giants play football this year. That was just a joke but I feel that we are losing our Superbowl team because of certain departures. I also feel that we needed to improve the team but with some of the players we lost, the Giants might just be patching up the team. What you guys think about the Giants chances right now and how much of an impact the players we lost helped the Giants?</P>

even with fieldingthe same exact team as last season the odds of a repeat is not likely.</P>

So you are worrying about nothing really....</P>

</P>

</P>

bigjeep
03-31-2012, 09:08 AM

Its called Free Agency and cap space. We knew we didn't have any cap space and would lose players. Time to march on.

bigjeep
03-31-2012, 09:08 AM

Its called Free Agency and cap space. We knew we didn't have any cap space and would lose players. Time to march on.

Diamondring
03-31-2012, 09:09 AM
After XLII who did we lose?* Strahan to retirement, Gebril Wilson, Kawika Mitchell, Regie Torbor, Toomer was in the doghouse...*

Right now I think our biggest problem is the O-line needs destruction.* Jacobs was done, IMO, and we needed to move on.* Ross was sometimes mediocre and sometimes brilliant and we'll miss the depth at secondary but we have a platoon of people coming back from injury.* Manningham was nice to have but we have Nicks and Cruz ahead of him, so someone can step up and fill the #3 role. Goff is shopping around (I would like to keep him but we have Herzlich, Williams, and Jones on tap) and Chase deserves a shot in camp that he might not get.*

None of these losses are critical, I'm more worried about the O-line and the future of Osi.
How can you really determin that BJ is done when the O-line needs to be reconstructed. The O-line is one of the big reasons why BJ has slipped in production. A back would need to have real big talent to run with our O-line wich wasn't able to take away enough defenders. Blocking needs to take away defenders for a good amount of time before the back gets extra yards on their own.

Mario also helped Cruz and Nicks in a big way and our te Jake got hurt in the Superbowl so we have to look at the te situation. I am more concerned with Nicks and Cruz. I feel that Mario is a big play talent who can get 1,000 yards and is a big play guy.

Toadofsteel
03-31-2012, 09:27 AM
Hemorrhaging free agents in the offseason... sounds par for the course. Lots of teams like Big Blue's sloppy seconds...

Diamondring
03-31-2012, 09:27 AM

Its called Free Agency and cap space. We knew we didn't have any cap space and would lose players. Time to march on.I didn't ask you why we are losing players so why make your statement?

bigjeep
03-31-2012, 11:46 AM
With the losses we have, I feel that the Giants have lost the title without playing a single game and we might as well not look at the Giants play football this year. That was just a joke but I feel that we are losing our Superbowl team because of certain departures. I also feel that we needed to improve the team but with some of the players we lost, the Giants might just be patching up the team. What you guys think about the Giants chances right now and how much of an impact the players we lost helped the Giants? Its called Free Agency and cap space. We knew we didn't have any cap space and would lose players. Time to march on.I didn't ask you why we are losing players so why make your statement?</P>

It sounded good? [B]</P>

B&RWarrior
03-31-2012, 12:27 PM
I think MM was the biggest lost. I feel like with MM our 3 wide set was unstoppable. Yet it is understandable that there is not enough room to pay a 3rd WR a big contract when you have questions at other starting positions.

Look guys, the nucleus is still intact. We have our No.1 RB, QB, O-linemen (Snee), LB, CB, top 2 safeties and WRs. Sure players we lost contributed to the SB run, but the biggest impact players are still here. I know resigning Mario and Jacobs this year and not having enough money to resign Cruz and Nicks in the coming years is not the answer.

bronxvgiant
03-31-2012, 12:38 PM
Need to get another RB to relace BJ,and another marquis receiver like Mario

Giantsin04
03-31-2012, 12:38 PM
We're not losing anything. Actually, I think we will be a much stronger regular season team this year. That SB run instilled a lot of confidence, just like the last one. That 07 team had such a mediocre regular season. They found there groove in the playoffs and it carried them right in to dismantling most of the league in 08 with a 10-1 start.

We have key guys coming back from injury, another full draft to plug holes and a qb/coach tandem that has found their stride.

Baring any major front office **** ups or a huge injury to you know who, the Giants will have as good a shot as anyone over the next t or 6 years.

FBomb
03-31-2012, 12:54 PM
Reese......you "stoopid imgrate"!!! Why are you not making Nicks, Tuck. JPP, Eli Kiwi .....etc...etc...all take paycuts so we can keep our #3 WR, our back up RB and marginal players???</P>

WE ARE DOOMED!!!!</P>

Sure wish we had a better GM. Only 2 rings in 5 years!!!! Pathetic.[:|]</P>

SweetZombieJesus
03-31-2012, 03:00 PM
How can you really determin that BJ is done when the O-line needs to be reconstructed.

Because he can't pick up 3rd and 1. Repeatedly. He should be able to dive forward for that. I grant the line sucks but BJ hasn't been the one we all want to remember in our minds for a few years. Next man up.

Diamondring
03-31-2012, 03:42 PM
Reese......you "stoopid imgrate"!!!* Why are you not making Nicks, Tuck. JPP, Eli Kiwi .....etc...etc...all take paycuts so we can keep our #3 WR, our back up RB and marginal players???</P>

WE ARE DOOMED!!!!</P>

Sure wish we had a better GM.* Only 2 rings in 5 years!!!!* Pathetic.[:|]</P>My thread has nothing to do with bashing Reese but talking about the players we lost. I feel that they had a big impact. As for our third wr, that third guy had close to 1,000 yards in 010 especialy after taking Smith's place. Mario also had over 800 yards in 09. Not bad for a so call third option.

Husky
03-31-2012, 04:11 PM
After XLII who did we lose? Strahan to retirement, Gebril Wilson, Kawika Mitchell, Regie Torbor, Toomer was in the doghouse...

Right now I think our biggest problem is the O-line needs destruction. Jacobs was done, IMO, and we needed to move on. Ross was sometimes mediocre and sometimes brilliant and we'll miss the depth at secondary but we have a platoon of people coming back from injury. Manningham was nice to have but we have Nicks and Cruz ahead of him, so someone can step up and fill the #3 role. Goff is shopping around (I would like to keep him but we have Herzlich, Williams, and Jones on tap) and Chase deserves a shot in camp that he might not get.

How can you really determin that BJ is done when the O-line needs to be reconstructed. The O-line is one of the big reasons why BJ has slipped in production. A back would need to have real big talent to run with our O-line wich wasn't able to take away enough defenders. Blocking needs to take away defenders for a good amount of time before the back gets extra yards on their own.

Mario also helped Cruz and Nicks in a big way and our te Jake got hurt in the Superbowl so we have to look at the te situation. I am more concerned with Nicks and Cruz. I feel that Mario is a big play talent who can get 1,000 yards and is a big play guy.
BJ was not dependable on short yardage! Not even a little. Hixon will be back as will TT. I'm sorry Manningham is gone but he wasn't worth the cap hit. Ross was OK but very replaceable, that's it. Drafting 32 is tough but I'd like to be doing that again next year.

FBomb
03-31-2012, 04:45 PM
Reese......you "stoopid imgrate"!!! Why are you not making Nicks, Tuck. JPP, Eli Kiwi .....etc...etc...all take paycuts so we can keep our #3 WR, our back up RB and marginal players???</P>

WE ARE DOOMED!!!!</P>

Sure wish we had a better GM. Only 2 rings in 5 years!!!! Pathetic.[:|]</P>

My thread has nothing to do with bashing Reese but talking about the players we lost. I feel that they had a big impact. As for our third wr, that third guy had close to 1,000 yards in 010 especialy after taking Smith's place. Mario also had over 800 yards in 09. Not bad for a so call third option.</P>

oh...sorry....it sure SOUNDED like you were complaining about not overpaying for players.</P>

We've lost no one Reese can't replace......he proves it time and time again. People have short memories. The fact that MM had that much production and was STILL #3 says it all when it comes to havinggreat depth. </P>

GiantLegend
03-31-2012, 07:13 PM
Isn't this due to the new CBA? That crook Roger doesn't want any dynasties or teams to be able to spend what they should to keep teams together?

The Patriots had to cheat to do it, and it was before this current CBA.

This salary cap sucks hard, and it is the reason why we can't keep our Super Bowl heroes and team in tact.

The league doesn't want teams to win back to back or create a dynasty.

blueomaha
03-31-2012, 09:44 PM
not only did we take personnel loses we have the big target on our backs...defending super bowl champs...every team that we have on the schedule will have the NYG game circled on theirs.....

RagTime Blue
03-31-2012, 10:03 PM
We lost them before last season started.

I'm not sure what this thread is about other than stating the obvious. . .that guys are signing elsewhere.