PDA

View Full Version : Robert Turbin Maybe The Hulk We've Been Looking For

BlueBlitzer
03-31-2012, 11:01 AM
He is from Utah State, has posters of His favorite comic book Hero in His locker. " The Hulk ". Jerry Reese is phenomenal at finding Quality players, at " Bargain Basement Prices ". In the mid rounds, this could be our guy, to replace BJ.

Redeyejedi
03-31-2012, 11:06 AM
He is an ok prospect, Good guy to split carries and should be productive, I dont think he will do well behind this Oline right now because he doesnt make guys miss and lacks a great burst.. See a serviceable 4 YPC type back not a high ceiling.Think there will be better value compared to draft position

BlueBlitzer
03-31-2012, 11:11 AM
He is an ok prospect, Good guy to split carries and should be productive, I dont think he will do well behind this Oline right now because he doesnt make guys miss and lacks a great burst.. See a serviceable 4 YPC type back not a high ceiling

Now I know it was a highlight reel that Jeff Schull showed on bleacher. He did out run some people. And even though the line were opening up huge holes in the video, He did show some good between the tackles running.

GameTime
03-31-2012, 01:03 PM
He is from Utah State, has posters of His favorite comic book Hero in His locker. " The Hulk ". Jerry Reese is phenomenal at finding Quality players, at " Bargain Basement Prices ". In the mid rounds, this could be our guy, to replace BJ.</P>

5'10" and 216. Thats not even a replacement for Andre Brown.....size wise. </P>

</P>

gmen0820
03-31-2012, 01:07 PM
I want a home run hitter, not another potential tip toe burglar.

GiantLife615
03-31-2012, 02:12 PM
Not even Andre Brown will be Andre Brown size this year now that hes off the juice haha

Neverend
03-31-2012, 02:33 PM
Draft scouts on twitter seems to be very high on his backup Michael Smith

Redeyejedi
03-31-2012, 04:08 PM
Draft scouts on twitter seems to be very high on his backup Michael Smithyeah i should cut the bowl game he was great in that game.

gmen0820
03-31-2012, 04:14 PM
He has good size, speed, and strength -- but I just don't think he runs like he does. He relies on his agility too much, which leads to a lot of bounced out runs. I don't see him as a home run hitter, or a between the tackles guy at this point. Can he develop though? Sure he can.

But he isn't Hulk coming in, far from it. Very poor mans Mendenhall, IMO.

Redeyejedi
03-31-2012, 04:15 PM
He has good size, speed, and strength -- but I just don't think he runs like he does. He relies on his agility too much, which leads to a lot of bounced out runs. I don't see him as a home run hitter, or a between the tackles guy at this point. Can he develop though? Sure he can.

Gannaway could be a big back between the tackles

gmen0820
03-31-2012, 04:30 PM

Gannaway could be a big back between the tacklesIncredible size if you're looking for Jacobs' replacement. Very deceptive speed. Better in the open field than most would expect. He is a very nice prospect.

Terrence Ganaway can be a steal for someone. The kid is a load, and I liked his Senior Bowl week.

BlueBlitzer
03-31-2012, 05:20 PM
I'm gonna switch gears here. I was unaware that Turbin was 5-10. however He did run a 4.4 and bench pressed 28 times. Maybe a late RD pick to back up AB in case of injury. Maybe His Hero is the Hulk, but maybe He should have looked at the Atom more.

King Sully
03-31-2012, 05:58 PM
Ganaway is a beast, had a great proday if i remember right

lawl
03-31-2012, 09:37 PM
If you cant catch the ball, we don't need you

gmen0820
04-01-2012, 08:48 PM
Ganaway is a beast, had a great proday if i remember rightHe can be a beast, but as of now, he is a 240 lb back who needs to learn to run with power, not like Darren Sproles.

I don't think he will get drafted.

Shockeystays08
04-02-2012, 02:21 PM
The first college game I saw on tv last season was Auburn vs. Utah State, I live in Alabama. I noticed the Turbin kid right off the bat. He ran over, through and away from The Auburn defense all day. One of the toughest runners I have seen with great vision. When he ran well at the combine I said we need this dude. Good call!