PDA

View Full Version : Martellus Bennett highlights

Neverend
03-31-2012, 02:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWnwHPnAaRs

Not sure if its been posted yet

hugehomer
03-31-2012, 02:43 PM
He is going to be real good after Pope coaches him up.

dayeh33
03-31-2012, 02:44 PM
It looks like Dallas really didn't utilize him right at all... Pope will do what he does best

GmenFan1980
03-31-2012, 02:58 PM
Besides that tip interception to the Eagles, he looks solid when used. I think he will do fine with us

SweetZombieJesus
03-31-2012, 03:16 PM
Wow, never took notice of the freakishly long legs (6'6).

NYG4lifeNYK
03-31-2012, 03:24 PM
Tom Coughlin will infuse his wraith on him and get his work ethic up to that of a New York Giants Super Bowl Champion.

Mike Pope will then mold him into form.

We got a steal I'm telling you. Snatched him right out from under Dallas' eyes too... plus Dallas is paying his entire salary because of the cap penalty LMFAO

giantsfan420
03-31-2012, 03:33 PM
romo didnt seem ot have any chemistry with him really.

guy looks like he is very gifted and talented, very athletic. if he can get on the same page with eli, which i believe he will, he is going to be an amazing signing for us.

and this video doesnt even show what he did best, his run blocking. he's a faster, more agile, more athletic, better blocking Ballard and Ballard did excellent with Eli...cant wait to see this guy get in a groove...

rainierjef
03-31-2012, 03:59 PM
not impressed. i thing everyone is drinking the kool-aid on this kid

titwio
03-31-2012, 04:27 PM
I think his route running is poor and he struggles to get open...which is why I think Dallas used him so much in the screen game. You can see his athleticism though but from the video I'm a bit concerned. I do have faith Pope can get the best out of him but as of right now...he definitely has a lot of work to do IMO.

JimC
03-31-2012, 04:29 PM
Romo didn't do a very good job of throwing to him. In spite of that, Ballard looks better. We will see how he develops with Eli and Pope working on him.

hungrrrry
03-31-2012, 06:38 PM
Should have had more coverage showing against the Giants...the way I remember it he used to kill us..4-5 catch and 50 + yards each game

Antwuan
03-31-2012, 06:46 PM
Pope will work with him.

DVision
03-31-2012, 06:56 PM
It's kinda sad that Bennett's season highlight video is only 1 minute longer than Cruz's highlight video vs the 49er's! They need to make a highlight vid of Bennett blocking. Maybe that will impress me.

Gimaniac
03-31-2012, 07:04 PM
Looks good, not great. The fact that he can block is why they got him.

Roosevelt
03-31-2012, 08:49 PM
I don't think I would call those highlights.

I'd just call them "plays".

mainegiantsfan
03-31-2012, 09:13 PM
Not real impressive with these plays.Needs to get into open space to be effective. Looks too easy to bring down. Doesn't appear to have the fight we saw in Ballard. His blocking will be his forte. Hope coaching will help his overall game though.

NY_Eli
03-31-2012, 09:20 PM
Thanks for posting

YATittle1962
03-31-2012, 09:23 PM
the word "highlights" is used loosely here

this kid is not very impressive at all for his size and speed

hopefully he can be coached up

giantsfan420
03-31-2012, 09:25 PM
the word "highlights" is used loosely here

this kid is not very impressive at all for his size and speed

hopefully he can be coached up

hey, this is just a test to see if i can post, bc in another thread i get this error page and cant post...

Marvelousmik
03-31-2012, 09:26 PM

Thats what im saying. is it something that i missed in the video? I saw dropped passes, interceptions, and screens.

Marvelousmik

Thats what im saying. is it something that i missed in the video? I saw dropped passes, interceptions, and screens.

Marvelousmik

RagTime Blue
03-31-2012, 09:43 PM
OK, we get the point.

bronxvgiant
03-31-2012, 10:23 PM
When you get Eli throwing to him that might make a huge difference.Time will tell,He needs some work.

Drystt
03-31-2012, 10:29 PM
Not impressed.

gmen0820
03-31-2012, 10:30 PM
I don't see the hate for this move. We signed a great run blocker who has a lot of potential. The red flags are very well known (lazy, unmotivated, etc).

Worst case scenario, we got a really good blocking TE. Best case scenario, we got a really good all around TE.

It's not like we paid kings ransom to get him.

BigBlue1971
03-31-2012, 10:52 PM
i expect Bennett to get more playin time here! hopefully he will get better as he plays!</P>

he has potential!</P>

but he cant wear # 80 here tho!</P>

giantsfan420
03-31-2012, 10:59 PM
I don't see the hate for this move. We signed a great run blocker who has a lot of potential. The red flags are very well known (lazy, unmotivated, etc).

Worst case scenario, we got a really good blocking TE. Best case scenario, we got a really good all around TE.

yeah i agree, its almost to the point where people are seemingly hopeful he sucks or something...guy has shown amazing potential and is already a very good blocker. he's going to be legit for us

giantsfan420
03-31-2012, 10:59 PM

yeah i agree, its almost to the point where people are seemingly hopeful he sucks or something...guy has shown amazing potential and is already a very good blocker. he's going to be legit for us

jjj45
03-31-2012, 11:01 PM
The one I noticed was how Romo hardly threw to him. When McGee was in there, he got the ball to Bennett a lot.

gmen0820
03-31-2012, 11:03 PM
The one I noticed was how Romo hardly threw to him. When McGee was in there, he got the ball to Bennett a lot.
People say he has inconsistent hands, but I think it is just as much inconsistent targets as it is hands.

gmen0820
03-31-2012, 11:03 PM
Double Post. This board is ****ed up.

jjj45
03-31-2012, 11:06 PM
yeah i agree, its almost to the point where people are seemingly hopeful he sucks or something...guy has shown amazing potential and is already a very good blocker. he's going to be legit for usI didn't really like the idea of bringing him in, judging from his track record and all.

but, I can't help but be excited for any free agent acquisition. Here's hoping it works out! [b]

B&RWarrior
03-31-2012, 11:09 PM
Highlights?? All I saw were a bunch of screen passes, dropped passes, and the commentator noting his lack of work ethic. I only saw one catch where he had to reach for the ball.

TE is now offcially a question mark going in to the season.

gmen0820
03-31-2012, 11:11 PM
Highlights?? All I saw were a bunch of screen passes, dropped passes, and the commentator noting his lack of work ethic. I only saw one catch where he had to reach for the ball.

TE is now offciially a question mark going in to the season.It isn't really a highlight tape. It is just a tape of Bennett. Rest assured, this kid is a great blocker and has upside in the pass game. You have to bank on his potential, not his prior performances.

FroZeNx31x
04-01-2012, 12:02 AM
Bennett looks like he needs some serious conditioning. We picture him being a J.Finely type of guy for us but it would never happen until he gets into the best shape possible.

I understand the 1 year deal now, lets see if he's serious about winning.

NY_Eli
04-01-2012, 12:06 AM
Can't understand what people's problem with Bennett is. These highlights are better than what the giants had with Jake Ballard coming into last year, and he turned out great.

Vtgmenfan89
04-01-2012, 02:28 AM
Well, it seems like he gets some good chips in while he's getting out...but someone mentioned his route running not being spectacular and I'd have to agree. Also some passes in there he certainly could have caught...we definitely don't need someone who's going to tip balls up in the air again..I'm not writing him off though. I think working with a real QB, real coaching staff and simply being on a super bowl championship team could definitely bring out the best in him

Toadofsteel
04-01-2012, 04:30 AM
I just have one question:

http://thefilmchampion.thesourcepc.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/sam-pulp.jpg

DOES MARTELLUS BENNETT LOOK LIKE A *****???!!b

NY_Eli
04-01-2012, 06:26 AM
I just have one question:

http://thefilmchampion.thesourcepc.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/sam-pulp.jpg

DOES MARTELLUS BENNETT LOOK LIKE A *****???!!b

lmao

NY_Eli
double post

NY_Eli
triple post?

rainierjef
04-01-2012, 07:16 PM
he's in a show and prove contract and that's what he is to me a show and prove player, i'm not expecting much and i would really like the giants to address TE in the first 2-3 rounds.

most mocks i see have Fleener falling to 32 but us going a different route either D.Martin, D.Still, D.Hightower or M.Adams. just crazy to me

aesports
04-01-2012, 07:43 PM
testing

JacksGiant76
04-01-2012, 08:46 PM
You have to look past some of the crappy plays and try to project what he has to offer. I am by no means saying he's going to be a complete and total stud but with that said, I think he could benefit from being in our offense.

Looks like he was mainly used for TE screens and run blocking and was never really looked at much by Romo. You figure he probably doesn't get thrown to much in practice and definitely not games, which has to be difficult to get into any kind of rhythm. He has great size and you can see the athletic ability, he just needs the reps. It could also be a motivation thing as well, I mean, he's had 3 decent recievers in front of him and their all world tight end.

I think if he comes in and knows he's the number 1 guy, which apparently he will be, keeps his head on straight and works with Manning and Pope, he could be a real steal. With that being said, he may also just not be that good and that video is dead on but only time will tell.

The nice thing about this whole deal is, it's a 1 year deal, so if he sucks, no big deal and we have Ballard coming back. If he's better than advertised, we lock him up to a long term deal and we have 2 stud TE's. It's a win win for us.

Neverend
04-01-2012, 10:14 PM
I think some peeps need to realize the reason why he is used so limited in the offense is because of the mistakes and struggles he's had in years past. He's gotten his oppurtunity and failed, which is why his role is diminished

I get the idea some people believe the way he is used is because of the offense he is in and doesn't get many looks. That is wrong

giantsfan420
04-02-2012, 12:22 AM
I think some peeps need to realize the reason why he is used so limited in the offense is because of the mistakes and struggles he's had in years past. He's gotten his oppurtunity and failed, which is why his role is diminished

I get the idea some people believe the way he is used is because of the offense he is in and doesn't get many looks. That is wrong

nah, i'd say u are wrong.

when mgee was throwing to him, he looked much better.

2nd unit practices with 2nd unit, 1rst with 1rst. How much time do you think he spent with Romo? in the NFL, preparation equals success. Im not implying he doesnt practice with Romo, i'm implying that it wasnt enough. Which is why Romo 2 Witten has been so successful, they have a chemistry that never showed with Bennett.

further, Romo, at least in this clip, seemed to not know how to utilize someone of his size to the fullest. that redzone fade pass was HORRIBLE.

When you have a guy of Bennetts size, athleticism, and talent, when he isn't succeeding, i'd attribute it more to his surroundings than himself. he has every attribute to be a successful player.

he's a helluva run blocker, and a big, athletic target. he already has shown he wants to put in the work with eli ASAP when he talked after signing the contract.

With Eli, he's going to be a beast. I'd be willing to format a list of his stats and wager anyone that he reaches them. Eli doesnt go off to Cabo before big games or chace hollywood tail. he is all about putting the time in. Ballard, who is no Bennett physically or athletically, looked amazing in large part to Eli. I have no doubt that Bennett is going to be a beast...

Marvelousmik
04-02-2012, 01:07 AM

i like the signing. I just dont think he did anything in those "highlights" thats really impressive

giantsforce
04-02-2012, 05:20 PM
Not impressed either. However, he does have potential. Let's wait and see how he comes out during the games before we pass judgment on him.

Neverend
04-02-2012, 07:05 PM

nah, i'd say u are wrong.

when mgee was throwing to him, he looked much better.

2nd unit practices with 2nd unit, 1rst with 1rst. How much time do you think he spent with Romo? in the NFL, preparation equals success. Im not implying he doesnt practice with Romo, i'm implying that it wasnt enough. Which is why Romo 2 Witten has been so successful, they have a chemistry that never showed with Bennett.

further, Romo, at least in this clip, seemed to not know how to utilize someone of his size to the fullest. that redzone fade pass was HORRIBLE.

When you have a guy of Bennetts size, athleticism, and talent, when he isn't succeeding, i'd attribute it more to his surroundings than himself. he has every attribute to be a successful player.

he's a helluva run blocker, and a big, athletic target. he already has shown he wants to put in the work with eli ASAP when he talked after signing the contract.

With Eli, he's going to be a beast. I'd be willing to format a list of his stats and wager anyone that he reaches them. Eli doesnt go off to Cabo before big games or chace hollywood tail. he is all about putting the time in. Ballard, who is no Bennett physically or athletically, looked amazing in large part to Eli. I have no doubt that Bennett is going to be a beast...

You make some decent points but this post has nothing to do nor disputes anything I really said.

Re-read my post again. I'm not complaining or doubting his size and athleticism or his run blocking ability

I just get the feel from some here is that the reason why he hasn't reached his potential as a receiver is because dallas didn't know how to use him or never gave him his fair opportunity. Again, that is flat out wrong. He received more than enough playing time and oppurtunities in 2008-10 and was extremely inconsistent. Cowboys didn't feel the need to make him a part of their offensive game plan in 2011. (Not gonna address your other points about chemistry/romo because I don't want to get baited into a bennett argument, not interested.)

Just saying... he was given plenty of oppurtunities and chances in his first 3 years with dallas... he was not an under-utilized talent throughout his career but instead just an inconsistent, non hard working underachiever.

Tony Bruno
04-03-2012, 10:56 AM
Dallas used him on TE screens mostly... I sure hope we add that to our O... He is athletic and big in the middle of the feild...