PDA

View Full Version : New RB Prospect................Alfred Morris(FAU)

FroZeNx31x
04-01-2012, 07:18 PM
Alfred Morris - Running Back
Florida Atlantic University
Height 5-10 Weight 219
40-Time: 4.56(Low) 4.67(Mid) 4.76(High)
Rated 34 out of 170 RB's
http://i1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh624/Avila_Ny/66343406.jpg
Ok for the record the kid played on a 1-11 team his senior season so there is ZERO chance you've ever seen or heard of him via the media.

Below is a link to his highlight video::
ALFRED MORRIS HIGHLIGHT (http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=J7PIvsSRkEw)

My Thoughts::

The kid had great feet. His ability to shift directions reminded me of Bradshaw.
Also he has something you cannot teach-----VISION. On most runs he creates his own lane and makes guys miss in the process.
He uses all 219 pounds to run people over, I'm very impressed with how Morris explodes off the Line of Scrimmage and how easily he cuts back without losing speed. In the video he doesn't run away from defenders often but this was also the case with Bradshaw at Marshall....look how that turned out in the Pros

I know some people might say "hey he's playing in the Sun Belt Conference", remember this is the same conference that produced D.R.C, Osi, and Jernigan.

Alfred Morris can be a great 6th or 7th round pick for us. I'm pretty sure Reese already has him on the big board.

King Sully
04-01-2012, 07:30 PM
runs like a beast, any reason you think reese is looking at him, or just a feeling

FroZeNx31x
04-01-2012, 07:37 PM
runs like a beast, any reason you think reese is looking at him, or just a feeling

Reese likes small school guys that perform at a high level. He waits until the later rounds to pick them up (Bradshaw, Boss, Jacquan Williams etc)

Morris reminds me of Bradshaw so much, I have a good feeling Giants scouts were watching him at the combine.

FroZeNx31x
04-01-2012, 07:56 PM
Can someone please EMBED the LINK in my post.
Still learning the message boards
THANKS!

hungrrrry
04-01-2012, 07:59 PM
Thats my late Grand Fathers name...I am interested just for that

gmen0820
04-01-2012, 08:02 PM
Runs hard, and has a nice burst to him.

Redeyejedi
04-01-2012, 08:25 PM
Yeah he is pretty instinctual in between the tackles but he cant get the corner in the NFL.Wont out run anybody and lacks elusiveness in the open field. Looks more like a FA then a draftable prospect to me

FroZeNx31x
04-01-2012, 08:37 PM
Yeah he is pretty instinctual in between the tackles but he cant get the corner in the NFL.Wont out run anybody and lacks elusiveness in the open field. Looks more like a FA then a draftable prospect to me

Many draft prospects cannot hit the corners at a Sporles type of level, that shouldn't be such the defining factor of a good RB. If you remember Bradshaw's Marshall highlight, he didnt show to much open field ability as well.

NJGiants2733
04-01-2012, 08:41 PM
http://www.fauowlaccess.com/blogs/owlthingsconsidered/2012/03/fau-de-kevin-cyrille-rb-alfred-morris-to-work-out-for-dolphins.aspx

Giants were in attendance at his Pro Day.

gmen0820
04-01-2012, 08:46 PM

Many draft prospects cannot hit the corners at a Sporles type of level, that shouldn't be such the defining factor of a good RB. If you remember Bradshaw's Marshall highlight, he didnt show to much open field ability as well.You have to put him in conjunction with other prospects in this draft, though.

Do you think 15 RBs will get drafted this year? If I want to take a chance on a late round back, Morris doesn't really crack my top 5. Cyrus Gray, Bobby Rainey, Tauren Poole, Ronnie Hillman, Bernard Pierce -- they do.

FroZeNx31x
04-01-2012, 09:23 PM

Many draft prospects cannot hit the corners at a Sporles type of level, that shouldn't be such the defining factor of a good RB. If you remember Bradshaw's Marshall highlight, he didnt show to much open field ability as well.You have to put him in conjunction with other prospects in this draft, though.

Do you think 15 RBs will get drafted this year? If I want to take a chance on a late round back, Morris doesn't really crack my top 5. Cyrus Gray, Bobby Rainey, Tauren Poole, Ronnie Hillman, Bernard Pierce -- they do.
After the first 2 round you can average 3 Backs taken per round, thats 15 right there. first 2 rounds i see about 3-5 going as well so that will put you at 21 minimum.

giantsfan420
04-01-2012, 09:55 PM
well, a couple things. one FAU has never really had a legit QB, except for Rusty Smith who went onto start for the Titans a couple seasons ago and threw like 8 ints and 1 TD, lol. He was horrible. Schnellenburger (sp) who created the Miami program when it was dominant, tried to do it at FAU too.
FAU is growing dont get me wrong, new sports stadium, but the talent they have fielded hasn't been very good although they have been starting to gain some prospects and recruits.

Ok, now to the RB. Yes, he actually is a pretty good player. But I'm almost positive we could just get him as an UDFA. Our offense (FAU) has no weapons to threaten opposing defenses really, which makes what Morris did pretty special. He had some success even tho opposing d's would key solely on him bc we didnt have a legit vertical passing game.

All in all, wouldnt surprise me if he made a roster as an UDFA, but I'm more inclined to believe he wont catch on as a pro, just my opinion having knowledge of the FAU program

FroZeNx31x
04-01-2012, 11:42 PM
My brother attended FAU when the football program first started. They made progress building but have stalled the last 2 seasons.

slipknottin
04-01-2012, 11:50 PM
He has very little lateral movement. Thats why hes running straight into defenders so often.

giantsfan420
04-02-2012, 12:00 AM
My brother attended FAU when the football program first started. They made progress building but have stalled the last 2 seasons.

yeah, its my alma. i went just as we were actually starting to look serious, winning the sun belt. the opening game next season was vs ut and we all had high expectations. the first few minutes we had like a real long play and we were like YES! only for like a fumbled snap that led to texas scoring 6 and then a 56-6 loss...lol. the home games were a blast tho and the new stadium is right on campus opposed to the old stadium being like 30 miles away, not the best scenario to drink...

but yeah, we had a really good cover corner in Pollo who led the nation in Int's one season. we had some good or avg at least lb's. we had some good TE's too. everything else was pretty bad, ESPECIALLY our place kicker and punter, flat out embarrassing...

i give credit to Morris, he had virtually no help but still was effective, just doesnt have the measurables or athleticism imo to make an nfl roster or i should say be a contributor on an nfl roster.