PDA

View Full Version : Dave Tollefson is AWESOME:

TuckYou
12-08-2011, 05:06 PM
<H6 class="uiStreamMessage uiStreamHeadline">
<DIV class="actorDescription actorName" data-ft='{"type":2}'><FONT size=3>Undrafted, realeased, picked up, and never complains.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV class="actorDescription actorName" data-ft='{"type":2}'><FONT size=3></FONT></DIV>
<DIV class="actorDescription actorName" data-ft='{"type":2}'><FONT size=3>Tolly is the man!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV class="actorDescription actorName" data-ft='{"type":2}'></DIV>
<DIV class="actorDescription actorName" data-ft='{"type":2}'><FONT size=3>Then he drops this nugget:</FONT></DIV></H6>
<H6 class=uiStreamMessage data-ft='{"type":1}'><SPAN class=messageBody data-ft='{"type":3}'><FONT size=3>DE Dave Tollefson (knee) says he'll play Sunday night: <FONT size=5>"Unless you're bleeding to death or something's sticking out of your skin ..."</FONT> </FONT></SPAN></H6>
<H6 class=uiStreamMessage data-ft='{"type":1}'><SPAN class=messageBody data-ft='{"type":3}'><FONT size=3>16 tackles, 4 sacks, 1 forced fumble, 1 fumble recovery, 1 awesome dude</FONT></SPAN></H6>

JMFP2
12-08-2011, 05:08 PM
Tollefson comes into the game and kicks ***.

Best backup DE in the NFL.

gmen0820
12-08-2011, 05:23 PM
Love his personality, but he really is not that good.

ny06
12-08-2011, 05:29 PM
Love his personality, <FONT color=#0000ff>but he really is not that good</FONT>.</P>

And why do you say that?</P>

He does everything a team can ask for. Comes in and get's good reps at defensive end, and d-tackle. </P>

Plays well on special teams.</P>

Everyteam needs players like Tollefson. </P>

</P>

RoanokeFan
12-08-2011, 05:30 PM
Tollefson seems to be a positive locker room presence. He's always in motion on the field. With Petrus and Blacburn, these three could hopefully infect everyone else to give it everything they have on every play for 60 minutes.

gmen0820
12-08-2011, 05:33 PM
Love his personality, <FONT color=#0000ff>but he really is not that good</FONT>.</P>

He does everything a team can ask for. Comes in and get's good reps at defensive end, and d-tackle. </P>

*</P>As a DE, he has played over the course of the season, roughly 50% of the snaps and he really doesn't do much. ST player, he's pretty good and I like his motor and personality but like I said, at DE, he is essentially a non factor.

Gianthunter
12-08-2011, 05:42 PM

</P>As a DE, he has played over the course of the season, roughly 50% of the snaps and he really doesn't do much. ST player, he's pretty good and I like his motor and personality but like I said, at DE, he is essentially a non factor.I wouldn't call 4 sacks and a fumble recovery exactly a non-factor.

bearbryant
12-08-2011, 05:42 PM
The point is: He's not a playmaker, in fact he has problems setting the edge, properly blitzing a QB and shedding an OT and tackling a RB. But I agree with you, he's awesome!</P>

MikeIsaGiant
12-08-2011, 05:45 PM
I think he's awesome, no reason he's not, he's a backup DE and he does a damn good job at it

gmen0820
12-08-2011, 05:52 PM

*</P>As a DE, he has played over the course of the season, roughly 50% of the snaps and he really doesn't do much. ST player, he's pretty good and I like his motor and personality but like I said, at DE, he is essentially a non factor.I wouldn't call 4 sacks and a fumble recovery exactly a non-factor.Fumble recovery merely means right place at the right time and the fact that with the exception of 4 sacks he has 2 QB hits, that just shows you that he is just a lucky/streaky player. He had two sacks in one game vs probably the worst LT in the game and has played considerably in every game this year. And I won't even get into his struggles in run support.

He is simply not that special and overrated by Giant fans. I do love his personality though.

GameTime
12-08-2011, 06:25 PM

</P>

As a DE, he has played over the course of the season, roughly 50% of the snaps and he really doesn't do much. ST player, he's pretty good and I like his motor and personality but like I said, at DE, he is essentially a non factor.</P>

<SPAN class=messageBody><FONT size=3>16 tackles, 4 sacks, 1 forced fumble, 1 fumble recovery........</FONT></SPAN></P>

<SPAN class=messageBody>as a 2nd string DE.....you are dead wrong......he IS a factor. On and off the field........</SPAN></P>

mikeq672
12-08-2011, 06:29 PM
His stupid Aaron Rodgers celebration after sacking him pissed me off. People need to stop mocking the QB of the defending superbowl champs and undefeated team. Until you beat them, just shut up and play.

jhamburg
12-08-2011, 06:33 PM

*</P>As a DE, he has played over the course of the season, roughly 50% of the snaps and he really doesn't do much. ST player, he's pretty good and I like his motor and personality but like I said, at DE, he is essentially a non factor.I wouldn't call 4 sacks and a fumble recovery exactly a non-factor.Fumble recovery merely means right place at the right time and the fact that with the exception of 4 sacks he has 2 QB hits, that just shows you that he is just a lucky/streaky player. He had two sacks in one game vs probably the worst LT in the game and has played considerably in every game this year. And I won't even get into his struggles in run support.

He is simply not that special and overrated by Giant fans. I do love his personality though.

Who would you nominate as a better 4th DE?

jax5338
12-08-2011, 06:36 PM

*</P>

knowing this kid, he probably had a poor time in the 3 cone shuttle or a poor broad jump at the combine so he automatically sucks.

JMFP2
12-08-2011, 06:42 PM

*</P>

Agreed. Not sure what his contract status is, but any team looking to add something on defense could use a guy like Tollefson. On most teams, he'd be starting.

He's gotten to the point when he's on the field, I'm actually looking for him to make something happen.

VegasGmen
12-08-2011, 06:51 PM
He better get out there and play or his mother will kick his butt!

TuckYou
12-08-2011, 06:59 PM
Love his personality, but he really is not that good.</P>

Damn, tough crowd. </P>

As a backup, he is playing better then Tuck this year, our "best DE". </P>

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.63441.1313798135!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_630/image.jpg (javascript:LoadGallery(nextImage, false))</P>

<FONT size=6>PAY THE TOLL!</FONT></P>

</P>

TuckYou
12-08-2011, 07:00 PM
BTW, is this anyone of you guys? This was the TB playoff game 08'</P>

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.63529.1313798344!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_630/image.jpg (javascript:LoadGallery(nextImage, false))</P>

RoanokeFan
12-08-2011, 07:03 PM
Love his personality, <font color="#0000ff">but he really is not that good</font>.</p>

And why do you say that?</p>

He does everything a team can ask for. Comes in and get's good reps at defensive end, and d-tackle. </p>

Plays well on special teams.</p>

Everyteam needs players like Tollefson. </p>

</p>As a DE, he has played over the course of the season, roughly 50% of the snaps and he really doesn't do much. ST player, he's pretty good and I like his motor and personality but like I said, at DE, he is essentially a non factor.

A non-factor? Are we talking about Dave Tollefson? To be sure he's overshadowed by the big three, but he's not a non-factor.

RoanokeFan
12-08-2011, 07:05 PM
BTW, is this anyone of you guys? This was the TB playoff game 08'</p>

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.63529.1313798344%21/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_630/image.jpg (javascript:LoadGallery(nextImage, false))</p>

I was in that parking area but one of our brethren had a huge GIANTS figure around which we had gathered. What a game that was.

TuckYou
12-08-2011, 07:59 PM
BTW, is this anyone of you guys? This was the TB playoff game 08'</p>

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.63529.1313798344%21/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_630/image.jpg (javascript:LoadGallery(nextImage, false))</p>

I was in that parking area but one of our brethren had a huge GIANTS figure around which we had gathered.* What a game that was.

Little did we know what we were in for that year.

ComeWithMe
12-08-2011, 08:15 PM
I met him a few weeks ago, he's a real nice guy.

Gianthunter
12-08-2011, 08:20 PM

</P>As a DE, he has played over the course of the season, roughly 50% of the snaps and he really doesn't do much. ST player, he's pretty good and I like his motor and personality but like I said, at DE, he is essentially a non factor.I wouldn't call 4 sacks and a fumble recovery exactly a non-factor.Fumble recovery merely means right place at the right time and the fact that with the exception of 4 sacks he has 2 QB hits, that just shows you that he is just a lucky/streaky player. He had two sacks in one game vs probably the worst LT in the game and has played considerably in every game this year. And I won't even get into his struggles in run support. He is simply not that special and overrated by Giant fans. I do love his personality though.Sorry your now with the dude that says Sash is da man and Phillips is garbage. Denial does not make truth.

NY_Eli
12-08-2011, 09:10 PM

*</P>

As a DE, he has played over the course of the season, roughly 50% of the snaps and he really doesn't do much. ST player, he's pretty good and I like his motor and personality but like I said, at DE, he is essentially a non factor.</P>

<SPAN class=messageBody><FONT size=3>16 tackles, 4 sacks, 1 forced fumble, 1 fumble recovery........</FONT></SPAN></P>

<SPAN class=messageBody>as a 2nd string DE.....you are dead wrong......he IS* a factor. On and off the field........</SPAN></P>
+1

Putting up those kind of numbers while playing behind Tuck, Osi, JPP, and Kiwanuka?

That's damn impressive.

giants63
12-08-2011, 09:35 PM

Everyteam needs players like Tollefson. </P>boom + 1

*</P>As a DE, he has played over the course of the season, roughly 50% of the snaps and he really doesn't do much. ST player, he's pretty good and I like his motor and personality but like I said, at DE, he is essentially a non factor.I wouldn't call 4 sacks and a fumble recovery exactly a non-factor.

gmen0820
12-08-2011, 09:36 PM

*</P>As a DE, he has played over the course of the season, roughly 50% of the snaps and he really doesn't do much. ST player, he's pretty good and I like his motor and personality but like I said, at DE, he is essentially a non factor.I wouldn't call 4 sacks and a fumble recovery exactly a non-factor.Fumble recovery merely means right place at the right time and the fact that with the exception of 4 sacks he has 2 QB hits, that just shows you that he is just a lucky/streaky player. He had two sacks in one game vs probably the worst LT in the game and has played considerably in every game this year. And I won't even get into his struggles in run support. He is simply not that special and overrated by Giant fans. I do love his personality though.Sorry your now with the dude that says Sash is da man and Phillips is garbage. Denial does not make truth.Lol how do you come to that conclusion? How are these situations even remotely similar?

gmen0820
12-08-2011, 09:38 PM

*</P>

Agreed. Not sure what his contract status is, but any team looking to add something on defense could use a guy like Tollefson. On most teams, he'd be starting.

He's gotten to the point when he's on the field, I'm actually looking for him to make something happen.His contract situation is a one year deal after he tested the market and nobody signed him, so no, he probably wouldn't start on any team.

gmen0820
12-08-2011, 09:40 PM

Who would you nominate as a better 4th DE?Nobody. Never said he shouldn't play, just said that with his struggles at setting the edge, gap discipline and not generating pressure, he really is nothing special.

gmen0820
12-08-2011, 09:42 PM

*</P>

<SPAN class=messageBody>as a 2nd string DE.....you are dead wrong......he IS* a factor. On and off the field........</SPAN></P>A 2nd string DE who has played just as much as every DE with the exception of JPP, you forgot to mention that and you realize those stats are very average. Especially for someone who has played about 450 snaps.

RobCarpenter
12-08-2011, 09:42 PM

<SPAN class=messageBody>as a 2nd string DE.....you are dead wrong......he IS a factor. On and off the field........</SPAN></P>

</P>

+1</P>

Not sure anyone could ask for more out of their 4th DE. Low money, high motor, great attitude, and he delivers.</P>

gmen0820
12-08-2011, 09:45 PM

*</P>

<SPAN class=messageBody>as a 2nd string DE.....you are dead wrong......he IS* a factor. On and off the field........</SPAN></P>
+1

Putting up those kind of numbers while playing behind Tuck, Osi, JPP, and Kiwanuka?

That's damn impressive.He's played the, plus or minus about 50 snaps, the same amount of snaps as Osi and Tuck. You guys must not realize that he's played so much because he is a non factor.

I do realize he is a fan favorite so I do expect stubborn responses, but I'm just stating the facts.

gmen0820
12-08-2011, 09:47 PM

</P>

+1</P>

Not sure anyone could ask for more out of their 4th DE.** Low money, high motor, great attitude, and he delivers.</P>That 4th DE has played about the same amount of snaps as all but one of our DEs, JPP.

TuckYou
12-08-2011, 09:59 PM

</P>

+1 Putting up those kind of numbers while playing behind Tuck, Osi, JPP, and Kiwanuka? That's damn impressive.He's played the, plus or minus about 50 snaps, the same amount of snaps as Osi and Tuck. You guys must not realize that he's played so much because he is a non factor. I do realize he is a fan favorite so I do expect stubborn responses, but I'm just stating the facts.</P>

Again. You are being too harsh on the guy. He is a 4th string, probably even 5th if you consider Kiwi, DE that makes the bare minimum and is exceeding all expectations. He is playing BETTER then Tuck this year. He is out there a bunch now because he is earning it. Justin Trattou is now on the team as well and doesnt get a snap, well, maybe STs. Thats it though. For what he is, he is doing great, and saying great things unlike Osi and Tuck. </P>

RobCarpenter
12-08-2011, 10:00 PM

</P>

+1</P>

Not sure anyone could ask for more out of their 4th DE. Low money, high motor, great attitude, and he delivers.</P>

That 4th DE has played about the same amount of snaps as all but one of our DEs, JPP.</P>

He's 4th on the depth chart...and by far the lowest paid of the 4. He provides terrific value. </P>

gmen0820
12-08-2011, 10:07 PM

</P>

+1</P>

Not sure anyone could ask for more out of their 4th DE.** Low money, high motor, great attitude, and he delivers.</P>

That 4th DE has played about the same amount of snaps as all but one of our DEs, JPP.</P>

He's 4th on the depth chart...and by far the lowest paid of the 4.*** He provides terrific value. </P>Okay, you have a point on that, but aren't we talking about skill and my value here? I mean, he's not bad value because for that price you get no playing time, the snaps that he's played alone make him worth it, but his contract definitely reflects his skill level, which is nothing special.

gmen0820
12-08-2011, 10:09 PM

*</P>

+1 Putting up those kind of numbers while playing behind Tuck, Osi, JPP, and Kiwanuka? That's damn impressive.He's played the, plus or minus about 50 snaps, the same amount of snaps as Osi and Tuck. You guys must not realize that he's played so much because he is a non factor. I do realize he is a fan favorite so I do expect stubborn responses, but I'm just stating the facts.</P>

Again. You are being too harsh on the guy. He is a 4th string, probably even 5th if you consider Kiwi, DE that makes the bare minimum and is exceeding all expectations. He is playing BETTER then Tuck this year. He is out there a bunch now because he is earning it. Justin Trattou is now on the team as well and doesnt get a snap, well, maybe STs. Thats it though. For what he is, he is doing great, and saying great things unlike Osi and Tuck. </P>Yeah he is earning his time on the field...

He's on the field because if Tuck is playing, Osi isn't, and vice versa.

RobCarpenter
12-08-2011, 10:14 PM

</P>

+1</P>

He's 4th on the depth chart...and by far the lowest paid of the 4. He provides terrific value. </P>

Okay, you have a point on that, but aren't we talking about skill and my value here? I mean, he's not bad value because for that price you get no playing time, the snaps that he's played alone make him worth it, but his contract definitely reflects his skill level, which is nothing special.</P>

I think you're being way too hard on Tolly.Every teamhasa 4th DE. You hope that if you need to play No.4, they can contribute something. Tolly does way more than that. </P>

Not sure what more you could expect from him. He provides terrific value for his roster spot. We're fortunate.</P>

gmen0820
12-08-2011, 10:19 PM

</P>

+1</P>

Not sure anyone could ask for more out of their 4th DE.** Low money, high motor, great attitude, and he delivers.</P>

He's 4th on the depth chart...and by far the lowest paid of the 4.*** He provides terrific value. </P>

Okay, you have a point on that, but aren't we talking about skill and my value here? I mean, he's not bad value because for that price you get no playing time, the snaps that he's played alone make him worth it, but his contract definitely reflects his skill level, which is nothing special.</P>

I think you're being way too hard on Tolly.****Every team*has*a 4th DE.* You hope that if you need to play No.4, they can contribute something.* Tolly does way more than that.** </P>

Not sure what more you could expect from him.** He provides terrific value for his roster spot.* We're fortunate.</P>I judge players by how they play, and well it is obvious that Tolly is a 4th DE. So if that is harsh, so be it.

He struggles in all aspects of his games, besides special teams.

GameTime
12-08-2011, 10:40 PM

</P>

A 2nd string DE who has played just as much as every DE with the exception of JPP, you forgot to mention that and you realize those stats are very average. Especially for someone who has played about 450 snaps.</P>

I didnt forget to mention anything. I said he was a 2nd string DE. If he plays 20 snaps or 500 he is still a 2nd stringer and as such he is fine by me. I like and think he does make an impact. You disagree.....</P>

gmen0820
12-08-2011, 10:47 PM

*</P>

A 2nd string DE who has played just as much as every DE with the exception of JPP, you forgot to mention that and you realize those stats are very average. Especially for someone who has played about 450 snaps.</P>

I didnt forget to mention anything. I said he was a 2nd string DE. If he plays 20 snaps or 500 he is still a 2nd stringer and as such he is fine by me. I like and think he does make an impact. You disagree.....</P>So you knowingly settle based on depth chart positioning?

GameTime
12-08-2011, 10:50 PM

</P>

I didnt forget to mention anything. I said he was a 2nd string DE. If he plays 20 snaps or 500 he is still a 2nd stringer and as such he is fine by me. I like and think he does make an impact. You disagree.....</P>

So you knowingly settle based on depth chart positioning?</P>

not settling . What do you want a depth chart of 1st stringers to rotate on the DL????</P>

That ain't happening on any team in the NFL......</P>

TuckYou
12-08-2011, 10:52 PM

*</P>

Again. You are being too harsh on the guy. He is a 4th string, probably even 5th if you consider Kiwi, DE that makes the bare minimum and is exceeding all expectations. He is playing BETTER then Tuck this year. He is out there a bunch now because he is earning it. Justin Trattou is now on the team as well and doesnt get a snap, well, maybe STs. Thats it though. For what he is, he is doing great, and saying great things unlike Osi and Tuck. </P>Yeah he is earning his time on the field...

He's on the field because if Tuck is playing, Osi isn't, and vice versa.

Again, he is earning his playing time more then Tuck.

gmen0820
12-08-2011, 10:59 PM

*</P>

So you knowingly settle based on depth chart positioning?</P>

not settling . What do you want a depth chart of 1st stringers to rotate on the DL????</P>

*That ain't happening on any team in the NFL......</P> I never commented on what I want from a rotation. I'm just saying, Tollefson has not played well this year contrary to your beliefs.

I refuse to justify his bad play because of his depth chart positioning, if you're on the field, I want and expect good play. 450 snaps and his production, struggles in the run game, I don't think he has played well. You disagree...

I Bleed Blue
12-08-2011, 11:23 PM
Love his personality, but he really is not that good.

WHAT?

jhamburg
12-08-2011, 11:37 PM

</P>

+1</P>

He's 4th on the depth chart...and by far the lowest paid of the 4.*** He provides terrific value. </P>

I think you're being way too hard on Tolly.****Every team*has*a 4th DE.* You hope that if you need to play No.4, they can contribute something.* Tolly does way more than that.** </P>

Not sure what more you could expect from him.** He provides terrific value for his roster spot.* We're fortunate.</P>I judge players by how they play, and well it is obvious that Tolly is a 4th DE. So if that is harsh, so be it.

He struggles in all aspects of his games, besides special teams.

I think you're judging too harshly based on the Giants other Dlinemen. There are a lot of teams in the league that have one good edge rusher if that, and then another starter who's just a body really.

I don't think it's "obvious" that he's 4th on the depth chart. If we traded him to say, Seattle, he could be starting LDE and no one would blink.

FloydEddings2
12-08-2011, 11:39 PM
This should always be mentioned whenever Dave Tollefson is spoken of.

But in last Sunday's thrill ride against the Philadelphia Eagles, Tollefson suffered a knee injury and was taken to the locker room so that the team's medical staff could get a look at the severity of the situation.
They shouldn't have bothered. You see, Tollefson's mom, Debra Crocker, was waiting for her son in the locker room, and she made it very clear as to where he should be after traveling 3,000 miles to watch him play.

"Tape it up! I didn't fly here from California to watch you ride the pines!" Mrs. Crocker said, in a tone that certainly would have made head coach Tom Coughlin proud.
"She was like 'What are you doing?'" Tollefson told the New York Daily News. "I said, 'Mom, I'm hurt.' She said, 'I don't give a [expletive]. Get it taped up and get the hell in there! I don't want to hear this.'"

TuckYou
12-08-2011, 11:51 PM

But in last Sunday's thrill ride against the Philadelphia Eagles, Tollefson suffered a knee injury and was taken to the locker room so that the team's medical staff could get a look at the severity of the situation.
They shouldn't have bothered. You see, Tollefson's mom, Debra Crocker, was waiting for her son in the locker room, and she made it very clear as to where he should be after traveling 3,000 miles to watch him play.

"Tape it up! I didn't fly here from California to watch you ride the pines!" Mrs. Crocker said, in a tone that certainly would have made head coach Tom Coughlin proud.
"She was like 'What are you doing?'" Tollefson told the New York Daily News. "I said, 'Mom, I'm hurt.' She said, 'I don't give a [expletive]. Get it taped up and get the hell in there! I don't want to hear this.'"

Is this real? Wow.

I like Tolly's mom even more.

I just realized I should not of made this post. All the "beast" threads got them injured. Tolly, my bad if you bleed to death or have something sticking out your skin next week.

FloydEddings2
12-09-2011, 12:07 AM
Absolutely true. Google Dave Tollefsons Mom and that is what you'll get. She's old school.

jhamburg
12-09-2011, 12:33 AM

Is this real? Wow.

I just realized I should not of made this post. All the "beast" threads got them injured. Tolly, my bad if you bleed to death or have something sticking out your skin next week.

LOL, let's get her in some Campbell's Chunky commercials.

TuckYou
12-09-2011, 09:29 AM
Absolutely true. Google Dave Tollefsons Mom and that is what you'll get. She's old school.</P>

nice.</P>

Slunk3AM
12-09-2011, 09:58 AM

Possible Defensive Coordinator? Hmmmmmmmmmmm????? LOL

TrueBlue@NYC
12-09-2011, 02:16 PM
Tolly is definitly what you would call a super-sub. He gives alot of effort and some good quality reps when he's plugged in.

However, as great as he is as a 4th DE, that's really all he ever should be. As much as he gives in effort, he really lacks in athleticism and size, and he's one of those guys that the more he's in a game, the more that his limitations eventually get exposed. Espeically by the larger OT's out there.

I agree with earlier posters though, that every team needs guys like Tolly to succeed. They fill important roles with the team.

DragonSoul
12-09-2011, 02:20 PM
I like TOLL and BlackBurn. I was surprised that they cut them this year. I thought they were great all around type of utility players. They deserve the Kudos for always coming in to play, and not complain, and at times even make some plays for us.

RoanokeFan
12-09-2011, 03:07 PM

Is this real? Wow.

He calls Mom before every game adn gets a "pep talk." I suspect it includes the phrase "don't embarrass the family!"

GameTime
12-09-2011, 03:13 PM
This should always be mentioned whenever Dave Tollefson is spoken of. But in last Sunday's thrill ride against the Philadelphia Eagles, Tollefson suffered a knee injury and was taken to the locker room so that the team's medical staff could get a look at the severity of the situation. They shouldn't have bothered. You see, Tollefson's mom, Debra Crocker, was waiting for her son in the locker room, and she made it very clear as to where he should be after traveling 3,000 miles to watch him play. "Tape it up! I didn't fly here from California to watch you ride the pines!" Mrs. Crocker said, in a tone that certainly would have made head coach Tom Coughlin proud. "She was like 'What are you doing?'" Tollefson told the New York Daily News. "I said, 'Mom, I'm hurt.' She said, 'I don't give a [expletive]. Get it taped up and get the hell in there! I don't want to hear this.'" Is this real? Wow. I like Tolly's mom even more. I just realized I should not of made this post. All the "beast" threads got them injured. Tolly, my bad if you bleed to death or have something sticking out your skin next week.

He calls Mom before every game adn gets a "pep talk." I suspect it includes the phrase "don't embarrass the family!"
</P>

funny....I get calls from my Mom all the time with that same message.....lol</P>

burier
12-09-2011, 03:21 PM

Number 1: Unless the ball magically flies in your face on a fumble recovery then the reason you're in the right place at the right time to recover the ball is because you were hauling *** making sure you're around the ball in the first place. Its ignorant to act like a fumble recovery is luck.

No one's gonna sit here and say Tolly is the best DE in the league but he's a good player who hustles which is more than I can say for alot of players on our team

*Cough*TUCKOSICANTY*Cough*

Kruunch
12-09-2011, 03:50 PM
Tolly is awesome coming off the bench.

I don't think he could put it together for a whole season though.

Having said that, I really enjoy when he's in the game and think he's got a tremendous attitude,

But I'm biased.

Gianthunter
12-09-2011, 08:28 PM

</P>

+1</P>

I think you're being way too hard on Tolly.Every teamhasa 4th DE. You hope that if you need to play No.4, they can contribute something. Tolly does way more than that. </P>

Not sure what more you could expect from him. He provides terrific value for his roster spot. We're fortunate.</P>I judge players by how they play, and well it is obvious that Tolly is a 4th DE. So if that is harsh, so be it. He struggles in all aspects of his games, besides special teams.Sorry not seeing any let-down on defense when he's in.

gmen0820
12-09-2011, 11:17 PM

</P>

+1</P>

Not sure what more you could expect from him.** He provides terrific value for his roster spot.* We're fortunate.</P>I judge players by how they play, and well it is obvious that Tolly is a 4th DE. So if that is harsh, so be it. He struggles in all aspects of his games, besides special teams.Sorry not seeing any let-down on defense when he's in.Tolly has played a good portion of snaps in every game, if you are saying when Tolly is in there is no let down then you are also saying that this defense has not let down at all this year.

And if you are saying that whenever Tolly is in for his snaps the defense plays good then you are probably not paying good attention, don't know how to judge defense, are Tolly's wife or all three.

And if you STILL want to come at me on this, then please prove me wrong once and for all, give me visual concrete proof to prove my subjective stance on Tollefson (because remember, you were the one who quoted me originally) wrong and I will gladly admit that all the games I've rewatched, only prove that I need glasses.

UmenYiourAnIdiot
12-10-2011, 01:17 AM
Love his personality, <font color="#0000ff">but he really is not that good</font>.</p>

And why do you say that?</p>

He does everything a team can ask for. Comes in and get's good reps at defensive end, and d-tackle. </p>

Plays well on special teams.</p>

Everyteam needs players like Tollefson. </p>

</p>As a DE, he has played over the course of the season, roughly 50% of the snaps and he really doesn't do much. ST player, he's pretty good and I like his motor and personality but like I said, at DE, he is essentially a non factor.I wouldn't call 4 sacks and a fumble recovery exactly a non-factor.

There are starters in the league with worse.

Tolly is solid. He has learned from the best but he does benefit from other guys getting attention.

Harooni
12-10-2011, 01:07 PM
Dave is the man ,i was pretty sure he would get a good contract from someone last summer, but clearly they dont realize his talent.

I had a thread "the star no one talks about"

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Jacksonville+Jaguars+v+New+York+Giants+pIm34yhR5lq m.jpg

Sarcasman
12-10-2011, 03:50 PM

*</P>

+1

That's damn impressive.He's played the, plus or minus about 50 snaps, the same amount of snaps as Osi and Tuck. You guys must not realize that he's played so much because he is a non factor.

I do realize he is a fan favorite so I do expect stubborn responses, but I'm just stating the facts.

I think this is a case of relativity. I think folks think he's better than he is because he isn't much of a drop off from Osi and Tuck and his personality and motor are admirable. THE fans love an over achiever.

Certainly he isn't the occasional QB terrorizer and fumble forcer OSi is, conversely is he also isn't the complete non factor against the run that Osi is. Assuming they've played a similar number of snaps, their stats aren't that far away although both Osi and TUck have more tackles, which as starters they should. NOT by dint of playing more snaps but because if they're starters, they should be better players than a back up.

I think the main issue is that this year none of them are that good so Tolly looks like a starter and a star starter by comparison.

The truth is that he's being comparatively corollated to players having largely un-notable seasons.

I too love the guys work ethic, his motor, his heart and his personality and I think he's a perfectly solid and strong backup DL that works well in the defensive rotation.

lawl
12-10-2011, 04:36 PM
He wouldn't start on any other team, the guy was a free agent and we signed him at basically league min. What would make anyone think he could start elsewhere?

gmen0820
12-10-2011, 04:41 PM
He wouldn't start on any other team, the guy was a free agent and we signed him at basically league min. What would make anyone think he could start elsewhere?Exactly, I said this on page two. I don't get how people come to that conclusion that he would start on any team. He is bad against the run and a mediocre pass rusher and I think Sarcasman said it well in the post above, about the relativity, but the reason he isn't much of a drop off is because Tuck and Osi have both been ailed by injuries all year.