PDA

View Full Version : The Crystal Ball say's!

Shockeystays08
04-02-2012, 12:38 PM
Round 1 Harrison Smith Safety Notre Dame
Round 2 Chandler Jones DE Syracuse
Round 3 Robert Turbin RB Utah State
Round 4a Brandon Moseley OT Auburn
Round 4b Mike Martin Dt Michigan
Round 5 Audie Cole LB N. C. State
Round 6 Jordan White WR Western Michigan
Round 7 Asa Jackson CB Cal-Poly

Kruunch
04-02-2012, 03:30 PM
Harrison Smith? Ewwwww.

The rest looks decent enough but I don't think Mosely will last to the end of the 4th.

Shockeystays08
04-02-2012, 05:17 PM
Well I know where your coming from Kruunch about Mosely and mayber even Cole. Smith is projected by only 1 mock to go in the first and that is to New England right b4 us. I would rather have Barron. Afraid he will be gone tho. Smith though wowed at the combine.In fact Deon Sanders stated after watching him doing drills that he felt he had moved from mid third to late first consideration. He hits like a ton of bricks, can cover and has top flight instincts. Giants like BPA that may fill a need and Rolle and Phillips have no top line help. I do like Sash but he and Smith are not that comparable. I kind of expected to find little or no support for the 32 pick. Thanks for your input and not slaughtering my other picks:)!

Kruunch
04-02-2012, 06:26 PM
Well I know where your coming from Kruunch about Mosely and mayber even Cole. Smith is projected by only 1 mock to go in the first and that is to New England right b4 us. I would rather have Barron. Afraid he will be gone tho. Smith though wowed at the combine.In fact Deon Sanders stated after watching him doing drills that he felt he had moved from mid third to late first consideration. He hits like a ton of bricks, can cover and has top flight instincts. Giants like BPA that may fill a need and Rolle and Phillips have no top line help. I do like Sash but he and Smith are not that comparable. I kind of expected to find little or no support for the 32 pick. Thanks for your input and not slaughtering my other picks:)!

Bah who am I to slaughter anyone's picks (I'm the world's worst judge of college talent).

Having said that, does your pick of Harrison assume that Barron is gone or are you picking him *over* Barron?

If the former I can understand wanting a Safety (although it does feel like a bit of a reach but if he can start for us then not so much) ... if the latter then I just disagree (I like Barron over Harrison in comparison).

GMENAGAIN
04-02-2012, 07:48 PM
No way that we take Harrison Smith in the first round . . . stopped reading after that.

Shockeystays08
04-03-2012, 12:49 AM
Kruunch, I would take Barron over Smith easy. Living in Alabama I have seen Barron often. He is one athletic slobber knocker! We get him we are getting a wall to wall stud with good character and brains! I just don't see 31 teams passing him up.

Kruunch
04-03-2012, 10:12 AM
Kruunch, I would take Barron over Smith easy. Living in Alabama I have seen Barron often. He is one athletic slobber knocker! We get him we are getting a wall to wall stud with good character and brains! I just don't see 31 teams passing him up.

True ... injury concerns knocked his draft stock down a bit and a lot of guys are saying that he's not in the same league as Eric Berry (which I think is complete horse pucky) but his stock started rising again since he was seen at his Pro Day.

With our signing of depth at the Safety spot I'm thinking that the Giants don't have a Safety high on their draft list.

Shockeystays08
04-03-2012, 10:43 AM

True ... injury concerns knocked his draft stock down a bit and a lot of guys are saying that he's not in the same league as Eric Berry (which I think is complete horse pucky) but his stock started rising again since he was seen at his Pro Day.

With our signing of depth at the Safety spot I'm thinking that the Giants don't have a Safety high on their draft list.

I watched both Berry and Barron quite a bit being stuck in SEC LAND. ( I'm a Michigan man). Barron may not be quite as nimble and fluid as Berry but he hits as hard if not harder and finds himself in the right spot often as does Berry. They may not be even but are comparable imho. I like your mock by the way except for numero uno. I think he's soft and would take a while to develope. We might can find a guard at 32 that can come in and compete right off the bat on the left side and help our anemic running game.

Shockeystays08
04-03-2012, 10:48 AM
No way that we take Harrison Smith in the first round . . . stopped reading after that.

Aw, dude, I bet you woulda liked at least one of my eight picks. Then again maybe not. When you get bored and have NOTHING else to do, go back, take a deep breath and look at picks 2-7:)!

Kruunch
04-03-2012, 02:27 PM

I watched both Berry and Barron quite a bit being stuck in SEC LAND. ( I'm a Michigan man). Barron may not be quite as nimble and fluid as Berry but he hits as hard if not harder and finds himself in the right spot often as does Berry. They may not be even but are comparable imho. I like your mock by the way except for numero uno. I think he's soft and would take a while to develope. We might can find a guard at 32 that can come in and compete right off the bat on the left side and help our anemic running game.

I agree with your comparisons of Berry and Barron.

Which Mock? I've had a few of them.