PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Irrelevant?

GiantPride27
04-03-2012, 08:30 AM
7. Bryce Brown RB MU/KSU Kid has had a lot of issues and is a real unknown. He was great in High school and was the only RB since AP to be the best recruit in the nation. Be fun to see if he can develop in the NFL and with our RB issues some depth would be nice. If he doesnt become anything oh well hes a 7th rounder most dont. but has the athletic ability and natural ability to be a all good back if he gets his head on straight

GMENAGAIN
04-03-2012, 09:01 AM
What are his "issues"??

Kruunch
04-03-2012, 09:16 AM
I'm getting tired of low grade RB projects.

Having said that ... the kid didn't materialize at the collegiate level ... he's gonna make a good pro?!

NCGiant23
04-03-2012, 09:46 AM
What are his "issues"??During college his handler had his hand out. There are family and discipline issues as well. I know when he went to Clemson for his official visit he literally just wandered off for 2 hours. No one knew where he was.

GiantPride27
04-03-2012, 10:07 AM
What are his "issues"??

He attended the University of Tennessee his freshman year, but decided to leave the football program in March 2010. However, Volunteers coach Derek Dooley decided not to release Brown from his scholarship, which meant Brown had to pay his own way at Kansas State University in 2010 as he sat out due to NCAA transfer rules. - DOOLEY SCREWED THE KID BC HE WAS BITTER - kid wanted to play with his brother (LB at KSU)

His "Handler" sold his trainging videos and made outlandish statement about Brown going ot the CFL - kid got swindled. at one time his elligibility was under review bc of how his "handler" sold his stuff

He and his brother were named on a report that KSU was giving "benefits" to player(Pay to Play) but both were cleared.

no legal issues jsut alot that hurt his credibility and lost his collegiate career

feel bad for the kid, made mistakes, but someone who was considered in the same leage as Adrian Peterson.. id take a chance with the 7th pick

GiantPride27
04-03-2012, 10:10 AM

Having said that ... the kid didn't materialize at the collegiate level ... he's gonna make a good pro?!

Everyone in the 7th round is a project... reese loves troubled 7th round - A.bradshaw & D.Scott both 7th rounders with "Red Flags" and bradshaw has become a force and i think that scott will see his role increase every year.

and he didnt get a chance to compete. yes alot of that was his fault and poorly handled situations by him and his people. but that doesnt mean he isnt ganna be good. he only played one year and he was a back up to a senior and had 500 yards and 3 tds in very limited time

Kruunch
04-03-2012, 12:22 PM

Everyone in the 7th round is a project... reese loves troubled 7th round - A.bradshaw & D.Scott both 7th rounders with "Red Flags" and bradshaw has become a force and i think that scott will see his role increase every year.

and he didnt get a chance to compete. yes alot of that was his fault and poorly handled situations by him and his people. but that doesnt mean he isnt ganna be good. he only played one year and he was a back up to a senior and had 500 yards and 3 tds in very limited time

AB has broken 800 yards once and can't go from here to there without his feet blowing apart and Scott hasn't shown he can do much more then fumble.

Nuff said.

giantman8493
04-03-2012, 12:31 PM
only the last 7th round pick is MR. Irrelevant.

NYGJayPro81
04-03-2012, 12:46 PM

AB has broken 800 yards once and can't go from here to there without his feet blowing apart and Scott hasn't shown he can do much more then fumble.

Nuff said.
You implying that Bradshaw wasn't an excellent 7th rd pick is ridiculous...I would argue that without him we wouldn't have won either of our last 2 Super Bowls. Definitely SB XLII.

GiantPride27
04-03-2012, 01:28 PM

Nuff said.

find me a better back picked up in the 7th round. a guy who has won 2 sb rings. or another 7th round rb with his stats

Kruunch
04-03-2012, 01:37 PM

Nuff said.

find me a better back picked up in the 7th round. a guy who has won 2 sb rings. or another 7th round rb with his stats

He didn't win any Super Bowls ... he was a part of a team that did (or are you going to say MM is a better receiver then Wes Welker too?). Big distinction.

He is an excellent complimentary back and a great pick at #7. But we need a mainstay running back which he isn't. AB is proven not to be able to handle even a 50/50 load without injuries becoming an issue.

And to my point, if we keep spending 7th round flyers on running back projects, sure some may hit eventually (law of averages if nothing else) but that won't do our team any good in the interim.

In my opinion grabbing a running back earlier in this draft is warranted considering our current status at the position.

Kruunch
04-03-2012, 01:39 PM

Nuff said.
You implying that Bradshaw wasn't an excellent 7th rd pick is ridiculous...I would argue that without him we wouldn't have won either of our last 2 Super Bowls. Definitely SB XLII.

I'm stating he isn't a great running back. He's a good complimentary back.

By your logic we shouldn't draft a wide receiver ever again because we'll find another Cruz every year.

slipknottin
04-03-2012, 02:35 PM
the giants dont have the last pick in the draft, the Colts do.

Redeyejedi
04-03-2012, 02:49 PM
I'm getting tired of low grade RB projects. Having said that ... the kid didn't materialize at the collegiate level ... he's gonna make a good pro?! Everyone in the 7th round is a project... reese loves troubled 7th round - A.bradshaw & D.Scott both 7th rounders with "Red Flags" and bradshaw has become a force and i think that scott will see his role increase every year. and he didnt get a chance to compete. yes alot of that was his fault and poorly handled situations by him and his people. but that doesnt mean he isnt ganna be good. he only played one year and he was a back up to a senior and had 500 yards and 3 tds in very limited time AB has broken 800 yards once and can't go from here to there without his feet blowing apart and Scott hasn't shown he can do much more then fumble. Nuff said. You implying that Bradshaw wasn't an excellent 7th rd pick is ridiculous...I would argue that without him we wouldn't have won either of our last 2 Super Bowls. Definitely SB XLII. I'm stating he isn't a great running back. He's a good complimentary back. By your logic we shouldn't draft a wide receiver ever again because we'll find another Cruz every year.U cant give him the ball more then 15 times a game or he will break down. He cant carry the load by himself.I think we have seen the best of Ahmad already

Kase-1
04-03-2012, 02:56 PM
What are his "issues"??During college his handler had his hand out. There are family and discipline issues as well. I know when he went to Clemson for his official visit he literally just wandered off for 2 hours. No one knew where he was.
I know where he was......

http://www.hiphopmusicx.com/uploads/articles/f68106a8.jpg

Kase-1
04-03-2012, 02:56 PM
I know where he was......

http://www.hiphopmusicx.com/uploads/articles/f68106a8.jpg