PDA

View Full Version : Nike Unifrom Released at 11am!!

Pakman
04-03-2012, 10:54 AM
Can't wait to see all of the designs. Heard changes are coming to the alternates rather than the Home and Away uniforms.

Snappinnecks
04-03-2012, 11:25 AM
https://twitter.com/#!/uniwatch

Giantsin04
04-03-2012, 11:30 AM
11am where? ****ing California?

NYG4lifeNYK
04-03-2012, 11:33 AM
Here's the Seahawks

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/s720x720/546945_162240197231416_100003363096802_222899_1488 619257_n.jpg

ebick
04-03-2012, 11:35 AM
Oh God, that puke green!

NYSPORTS
04-03-2012, 11:39 AM
No changes for the Giants.

Unless you like the same pants for home/away.

Redeyejedi
04-03-2012, 11:42 AM
Ralph V tweeted the red jersey is back

Redeyejedi
04-03-2012, 11:43 AM
Ralph Vacchiano ? @TheBlueScreen Close
Oh, ugh. It looks like the Giants are bringing back those hideous red third jerseys. Brutal. ... They are Big Blue. Cornell is Big Red.

Ralph Vacchiano ? @TheBlueScreen Reply Retweet Favorite Open
And in the video, Giants equipment manager Joe Skiba hints and ... yup ... something new coming to the uniform in 2013!!! #NYG

Mr Excitement
04-03-2012, 11:44 AM
Go to the home page..there is a video of the giants equipment manager showign them off...no big changes...thank god

nYg24
04-03-2012, 11:47 AM
They need to ditch the grey pants and the NY logo. Go back to the white pants and "GIANTS" logo!

NYSPORTS
04-03-2012, 11:49 AM
They need to ditch the grey pants and the NY logo. Go back to the white pants and "GIANTS" logo!

Gosh no to the "GIANTS" logo.

The helmet with the "NY" logo looks great with the numbers on the front of the helmet. The "GIANTS" had a naked front.

NY has to stay, IMO.

GIANTfaninFL
04-03-2012, 11:53 AM
Is there a link so we can see them all?

Homer80
I agree. Can't stand the NY logo enough with the throwbacks already.

NYG4lifeNYK
http://www.giants.com/media-vault/videos/Equipped-Nike-Jersey-Unveil/81ef4c6c-ee74-4386-b649-20c87e5e918d

LOVE the team colored cleats..... will look much better than the black ones

and new uniform changes in 2013 [<:o)]

BlueJayC
04-03-2012, 11:55 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMpXAknykegthis one is for you Nike.......

Flip Empty
04-03-2012, 11:56 AM
As expected, not much different beyond the Nike logo

http://i.imgur.com/eRmxT.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/vkwJo.jpg

GIANTfaninFL
04-03-2012, 12:04 PM
Colored cleats are god awful

GiantSteps13
04-03-2012, 12:14 PM

On some uniforms. I think it looks good on ours. I would really like to see nike get rid of the red numbers and replace them with blue. Sick of all this red in our jerseys. We are big blue

Flip Empty
04-03-2012, 12:18 PM

On some uniforms. I think it looks good on ours. I would really like to see nike get rid of the red numbers and replace them with blue. Sick of all this red in our jerseys. We are big blue
It's the Giants' choice to have the red, and it's staying.

YATittle1962
04-03-2012, 12:19 PM

there was red in the jerseys before the name big blue existed

Flip Empty
04-03-2012, 12:23 PM
http://i.imgur.com/MCOSB.jpg

bluesince86
04-03-2012, 12:29 PM
Not a huge difference from the Reebok uni's. I dont really like the change to the collar, but other than that they arent bad

NYGFaninILL
04-03-2012, 12:31 PM
We have the stripes down the pants again!! Just like the throwbacks!!!! At least that's what was on the pictures that giants.com reported

blueomaha
04-03-2012, 12:33 PM

On some uniforms. I think it looks good on ours. I would really like to see nike get rid of the red numbers and replace them with blue. Sick of all this red in our jerseys. We are big bluethen the NYG would look like the indy colts....

NYGJayPro81
04-03-2012, 12:33 PM
I hope they NEVER, EVER wear those horrible red jerseys again...they disgust me.

BlueReign
04-03-2012, 12:37 PM
I read something about major changes to the Skins' uni's. From the picture above they look the same.

davecrazy
04-03-2012, 12:59 PM
I hope they NEVER, EVER wear those horrible red jerseys again...they disgust me.

Good thing for you all the game film from the 50's is in black and white. For 30 years red was the primary color of the away jersey.

GMenNY21
04-03-2012, 01:03 PM
Bummer

midnite_nj
04-03-2012, 01:03 PM
im tired of seeing those hideous red jerseys also. As we all know we are big blue. lets incorporate something into our home or away jerseys before the red ones become a staple of our tradition. STAY BLUE

YATittle1962
04-03-2012, 01:12 PM
Not a huge difference from the Reebok uni's. I dont really like the change to the collar, but other than that they arent bad

the change in the collar is not cosmetic its for players comfort

you dont have to wear it so you dont need to worry about it

as a matter of fact all the changes are for the players benefit and not cosmetics....which is how it should be

so saying you dont like any of the changes is completely pointless

YATittle1962
04-03-2012, 01:18 PM

Good thing for you all the game film from the 50's is in black and white. For 30 years red was the primary color of the away jersey.

by the time games were regularly on TV the reds were gone

JMFP2
04-03-2012, 01:19 PM
Looks cool.</P>

SweetZombieJesus
04-03-2012, 01:19 PM

Yup, I read that they used to alternate between the red and blue for home games.

the Giants were in fact the first team to use bright colors in their uniforms and red has always been part of it.

http://image.wetpaint.com/image/1/mko9-Tx9iT2kGdOOhJP1sA12456/GW150H244 http://image.wetpaint.com/image/1/97MuLF-49S6zGg2CL8wEeg11944/GW150H244

Having said that, I'd like the roadies to incorporate some blue like this:
http://images.usatoday.com/sports/nfl/_photos/2004-04-24-inside-collins.jpg

YATittle1962
04-03-2012, 01:20 PM
We have the stripes down the pants again!! Just like the throwbacks!!!! At least that's what was on the pictures that giants.com reported

the stripes have never been gone

Flip Empty
04-03-2012, 01:21 PM

as a matter of fact all the changes are for the players benefit and not cosmetics....which is how it should be

so saying you dont like any of the changes is completely pointlessIt's hardly pointless when they're being sold to fans.

JMFP2
04-03-2012, 01:21 PM
Joe Skiba rocks.

YATittle1962
04-03-2012, 01:24 PM

so saying you dont like any of the changes is completely pointlessIt's hardly pointless when they're being sold to fans.

the changes are not for you

your opinion of them is pointless and you will buy them anyway

plus 90% of jerseys sold to consumers wont have the changes

they will be the same cheap version they always sold just with a Nike swoosh instead of the Reebok logo

SweetZombieJesus
04-03-2012, 01:25 PM
Now about Joe's hint about the new uniform (probably throwback).

We're using the road pants (with the thin red/blue stripes) for all uniforms and that has something to do with next year's uniform. He also mentions it is meant to invoke the 50's look and it's real sharp.

So I guess the 80s throwbacks are out the window if the pants are a hint.

Jiants#1
04-03-2012, 01:25 PM
I don't care too much what the uniform looks like.
I always thought the Giants had a nice uni. and still do. What matters most is who they put in those uniforms and how they play. I just hope we continue to fill them up with Super Bowl winners and I'll be mighty damn happy with whatever they put over the pads.

nhpgiantsfan
04-03-2012, 01:27 PM
Not a huge difference from the Reebok uni's. I dont really like the change to the collar, but other than that they arent bad the change in the collar is not cosmetic its for players comfort you dont have to wear it so you dont need to worry about it as a matter of fact all the changes are for the players benefit and not cosmetics....which is how it should be so saying you dont like any of the changes is completely pointlessIt's hardly pointless when they're being sold to fans.</P>

</P>

Yes, you're right. They should avoid making changes that will make the jersey more comfortable for the players, because the fan doesn't like it. Rediculous.</P>

Flip Empty
04-03-2012, 01:55 PM
Not a huge difference from the Reebok uni's. I dont really like the change to the collar, but other than that they arent bad the change in the collar is not cosmetic its for players comfort you dont have to wear it so you dont need to worry about it as a matter of fact all the changes are for the players benefit and not cosmetics....which is how it should be so saying you dont like any of the changes is completely pointlessIt's hardly pointless when they're being sold to fans.</P>

</P>

Yes, you're right. They should avoid making changes that will make the jersey more comfortable for the players, because the fan doesn't like it. Rediculous.</P>
Where did I say that? bluesince86 was merely commenting on the the look of the collar, and so was I. Normally if a consumer doesn't like the look of something, they won't buy it.

MikeIsaGiant
04-03-2012, 01:58 PM
Thank god no major changes

GameTime
04-03-2012, 01:59 PM
I am impressed by how many guys actually care that much for a change in unis or even that they care at all.

nygsb42champs
04-03-2012, 02:02 PM
Thank goodness no major changes.

MikeIsaGiant
04-03-2012, 02:02 PM
I am impressed by how many guys actually care that much for a change in unis or even that they care at all.

If the uniform is ugly to look at, it'd be annoying to watch I guess

GMen869007
04-03-2012, 02:09 PM
I'm happy that there are very few changes, but why the red again? Why can't we just use the 80's throwback as our alternate?

YATittle1962
04-03-2012, 02:29 PM
I'm happy that there are very few changes, but why the red again? Why can't we just use the 80's throwback as our alternate?

what do you mean red again?

red has been part of this teams uniform pretty much since its inception....just as much if not moreso than blue

and we do not have alternates

Drez
04-03-2012, 02:46 PM

what do you mean red again?

red has been part of this teams uniform pretty much since its inception....just as much if not moreso than blue

and we do not have alternates
Yeah, Nike said that they made one up and sent one to us just so we knew what it'd look like if by some chance we wanted to use it.

NYFG4X
04-03-2012, 03:05 PM
Colored cleats, hmmm, I guess the NFL felt guilty for handing those ridiculous fines out to players who wore colored cleats...

Flip Empty
04-03-2012, 03:18 PM
http://i.imgur.com/mdm1I.jpg

The rest of the overly-shopped promo pics are here (http://www.nfl.com/photos/09000d5d8280d850?module=HP11_cp#id:09000d5d8280d92 4)

titwio
04-03-2012, 03:50 PM

What's the deal with only the striped pants. They only wore those on the road. When they played at home they had the big blue stripe down the middle.

So they're only going with road pants now?

GiantsFan31
04-03-2012, 04:16 PM
I don't see why we couldn't just make our changes to the jersey now instead of for the 2013 season?

It honestly is nothing more than just making an extra buck. Everyone and their mother is going to go out and buy the New Nike Giants Jerseys for 2012, which are nothing more than a Reebok Giants jersey except with a Nike swoosh and minor collar alterations.

Than for 2013 we will change them and the '12 will be irrelevant like the Reeboks.

Rediculous!

Flip Empty
04-03-2012, 04:38 PM
I don't see why we couldn't just make our changes to the jersey now instead of for the 2013 season?
Presumably because the Giants made an alteration to their uniform in 2007 and changes are only allowed to be made in five-year intervals.

Flip Empty
04-03-2012, 04:38 PM
whoops, double post

nhpgiantsfan
04-03-2012, 04:40 PM
I don't see why we couldn't just make our changes to the jersey now instead of for the 2013 season? It honestly is nothing more than just making an extra buck. Everyone and their mother is going to go out and buy the New Nike Giants Jerseys for 2012, which are nothing more than a Reebok Giants jersey except with a Nike swoosh and minor collar alterations. Than for 2013 we will change them and the '12 will be irrelevant like the Reeboks. Rediculous!</P>

Anyone who buys a new Nike jersey specifically because they want the new one is plain crazy. Now, if there is a player whose jersey that you dont have but want it now. Then thats a different story. Nobody is going to buy one just because now they have the Nike swoosh.</P>

r1000
04-03-2012, 04:45 PM
I kind of had hope for a little more change....

The word Giants could have been incorporated like they did with the word SEAHAWKS below the shoulder area of their new uni's. I don't have a picture to reference but once you see it you'll now what I'm taking about.

Giants10Joe
04-03-2012, 05:21 PM
In the video on the home page Joe Skiba said "we're going to one game pant next year in preparation for the 2013 season. That's all I can elaborate on right now."

What do you think he's talking about? My guess it has something to do with the fact that the Giants are hosting the Super Bowl that year. Maybe they're going to put a patch or something on the pants. Or hopefully, they're trying to get permission to wear the blue jersey if they make it to Super Bowl XLVIII even though the NFC would be the away team that year.

NYG 5
04-03-2012, 06:18 PM
NO! i hate the skinny stripe road pants. damn it. WHY WHY WHY. to have the jerseys and pants and everything be cut so dramatically different than even 4 years ago, and then to have all the dull aspects of the uniform remain, its ridiculous.

lets take our worst pants, and keep the same dull gray color, and wear them ALL the time. smart.

the Raiders take simple and make it look great. the Giants do it and it looks.... eh.

DownWitJPP
04-03-2012, 06:19 PM
Mike Garafolo just said that u can buy the blue and white Jerseys with confidence, and that there will be no changes to the uniforms in 2013. I'm guessing they will introduce a new alternate next year. (That is what Skiba hinted at in the video)

Giants equipment manager Joe Skiba says NO red jerseys for Giants next season. Nike developed one to show them what it would look like.

DownWitJPP
04-03-2012, 06:23 PM
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/04/nfl_unveils_new_nike_uniforms.html?utm_source=twit terfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_term=%23nyg

Cruz salsa in new Nike uniform lolz (click the video)

NYgiants141
04-03-2012, 06:52 PM
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/04/nfl_unveils_new_nike_uniforms.html?utm_source=twit terfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_term=%23nyg

Is it me or are the numbers bolder? I like the jerseys as is, traditional. It has this feel to it though.

NYG 5
04-03-2012, 07:39 PM
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/04/nfl_unveils_new_nike_uniforms.html?utm_source=twit terfeed&amp;utm_medium=twitter&amp;utm_term=%23nyg

Is it me or are the numbers bolder? I like the jerseys as is, traditional. It has this feel to it though.

i think the numbers are about the same, they might look bigger just because the jersey is tighter cut and more wrinkle resistant.

i take back what i said about the pants color, they do look more silvery. and considering how almost every team has white pants, it looks good in gray. the collar actually looks cool too. i just wish GIANTS was back on the jersey.

considering how the team has been wearing newer style, tighter jerseys since 2008, everything looks about the same. the rest of the league finally caught up

NYG 5
04-03-2012, 07:39 PM
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/04/nfl_unveils_new_nike_uniforms.html?utm_source=twit terfeed&amp;utm_medium=twitter&amp;utm_term=%23nyg

i think the numbers are about the same, they might look bigger just because the jersey is tighter cut and more wrinkle resistant.

i take back what i said about the pants color, they do look more silvery. and considering how almost every team has white pants, it looks good in gray. the collar actually looks cool too. i just wish GIANTS was back on the jersey.

considering how the team has been wearing newer style, tighter jerseys since 2008, everything looks about the same. the rest of the league finally caught up

Giants10Joe
04-03-2012, 09:05 PM

In the video, when they interview Shonn Greene, the 3 on his shoulder falls off the jersey. Great quality there Nike. lol

GOBIGBLUE52
04-03-2012, 10:19 PM
I'd love for the red alternate to be a REAL throwback to the 40s or so.

How? No GIANTS or NY on the helmet. Go with the blue helmet with the red Michigan Wolverines - style design (google it if you don't know what I mean). That would look awesome.

YATittle1962
04-03-2012, 10:21 PM

What's the deal with only the striped pants. They only wore those on the road. When they played at home they had the big blue stripe down the middle.

the home pants had three stripes as well just thick connected stripes

YATittle1962
04-03-2012, 10:24 PM
I'd love for the red alternate to be a REAL throwback to the 40s or so.

How? No GIANTS or NY on the helmet. Go with the blue helmet with the red Michigan Wolverines - style design (google it if you don't know what I mean). That would look awesome.

the red jerseys wont be back

NYgiants141
04-03-2012, 10:28 PM

the home pants had three stripes as well just thick connected stripes

Yup!
Before:
http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.964222!/img/httpImage/image.jpg

After:

http://media.nj.com/giants_impact/photo/10791824-large.jpg

The home pants now are the away pants from before.

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Eli+Manning+NFC+Championship+New+York+Giants+nLt1t NrBWoTl.jpg

stormblue
04-08-2012, 09:08 AM
"On some uniforms. I think it looks good on ours. I would really like to see nike get rid of the red numbers and replace them with blue. Sick of all this red in our jerseys. We are big blue"

@ GiantSteps13
you nailed it, i am so tired of 'big blue" lookin' like "little red riding hood". put some damn blue in there somewhere.

Flip Empty
04-08-2012, 10:18 AM
"On some uniforms. I think it looks good on ours. I would really like to see nike get rid of the red numbers and replace them with blue. Sick of all this red in our jerseys. We are big blue"

@ GiantSteps13
you nailed it, i am so tired of 'big blue" lookin' like "little red riding hood". put some damn blue in there somewhere.
Red, white and blue are the Giants' colours. "Big Blue" is a nickname.

YATittle1962
04-08-2012, 12:44 PM
I would really like to see nike get rid of the red numbers and replace them with blue. Sick of all this red in our jerseys. We are big blue"

why do people keep saying this

there has been red on the NY Giants uniform almost as long as there has been blue.....and way before the nickname "big blue" existed

since 1933 to be exact....long before any of us were alive ....and it has a major part of most uniforms this team has worn

and Ive always hated the nickname "big blue" anyway....the dodgers had it first so to me its theirs...I call them the NY Football Giants

red will always be a major part of this teams uniforms

get over it

NYG 5
04-10-2012, 04:04 PM
i can't get over how goofy those shoes look