horn27
12-08-2011, 07:47 PM
yes

Gianthunter
12-08-2011, 07:47 PM
[8-)][*-)]? Keyshawn says [:^)]

Vtgmenfan89
12-08-2011, 07:54 PM
Yup. BJ could be gone, and Bradshaw's ankles are made of glass a this point. Dude is a monster, if he were worth the pick where ever that will be I'd take him. I personally think a stud O-linemen is crucial first.

sharick88
12-08-2011, 07:55 PM
I'd be down. I do feel that we need playmakers at LB more though

NWKEffectElement
12-08-2011, 08:02 PM
I would rather a LB or OT in the 1st.

BlueSanta
12-08-2011, 08:06 PM
I'd prefer Oline in round 1.

I love Trent but there are some rly good backs coming out this year. Hard to spend a 1st on such a fragile position. We could go oline early and get a very good RB in the 2nd or even the 3rd.

TuckYou
12-08-2011, 08:07 PM
Richardson is a top 10 pick. We won't move up for him. If hr fell to is absolutely and I hate taking RBs in the first round. If be isn't there we news either a stud MLB or a LT.

Wow, my auto correct makes me sound foreign.

Gianthunter
12-08-2011, 08:11 PM
Sweet draft talk in the wrong forum.[|-)]

RoanokeFan
12-08-2011, 08:12 PM

+1

miked1958
12-08-2011, 08:14 PM
Richardson is a top 10 pick. We won't move up for him. If hr fell to is absolutely and I hate taking RBs in the first round. If be isn't there we news either a stud MLB or a LT.

Wow, my auto correct makes me sound foreign.
We passed over his teammate mark Ingram who's dad played for us for Prince. Mark also won the heisman and is doing well with the saints

giants63
12-08-2011, 08:22 PM
I'd like to see the giants draft a high profile running back, whether it be Richardson, lamicheal James, or monte ball. But I think o-line should be addressed in the first. Hopefully at least one of them is avaiable in second or third round.

mikeq672
12-08-2011, 08:34 PM
Richardson is gone before we pick, unless we lose out.

LB and OL should be the focus.

You will all complain cuz its not a sexy pick, but its needed.

jaxnygmen
12-08-2011, 08:46 PM
He is a stud but we need the OL to block and make holes!! But he is a very powerful runner and I like him. If we go that route, Jacobs is a goner.

egyptian420
12-08-2011, 08:51 PM
I would definitely go LB/OL. Let's see how Boothe and Petrus hold up until the end of the season. If they look good then we could maybe address OL through the 2nd or 3rd round or FA....I think LB might be our biggest need and I would love if we got a top LB in the first round.

Spizi
12-08-2011, 09:19 PM
Agree?

Not at all... Now I would obviously love to have him on our team and he would probably be our best back right of the bat but he's not a game changer. Now if he ran a 4.3 then maybe but I honestly don't see him breaking under a 4.5. You can get those numbers later in the draft.

gmen0820
12-08-2011, 09:21 PM
He would do wonders for our run game.

Spizi
12-08-2011, 09:23 PM

Doubt it. Oline is the single most important factor to a running game and our's is horrible. Unless you're Barry Sanders which Richardson is far far from.

tonyt830
12-08-2011, 09:29 PM
Like other posters mentioned, I would rather go O-Line or LB in the 1st rd. A good to great O-line is a RB and QB's best friend!</P>

</P>

There are other RBs that we could draft possibly in the 2nd or 3rd rd. </P>

Redeyejedi
12-08-2011, 09:34 PM
Richardson is a top 10 pick. We won't move up for him. If hr fell to is absolutely and I hate taking RBs in the first round. If be isn't there we news either a stud MLB or a LT. Wow, my auto correct makes me sound foreign. We passed over his teammate mark Ingram who's dad played for us for Prince. Mark also won the heisman and is doing well with the saints</P>

We can draft Dave Meggets son</P>

http://www.sportsagentblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Davin-Meggett.jpg?bb7ee4</P>

TheEnigma
Don't be surprised if we end up drafting another CB in the 1st for the upcoming year.

There will be a few of them around the position that we draft whether we miss the playoffs again or if we win the division.

Not to mention that Ross will be a FA and TT is coming off a major injury that will impact his abilities.

gmen0820

Doubt it. Oline is the single most important factor to a running game and our's is horrible. Unless you're Barry Sanders which Richardson is far far from.That is not true. We haven't had a RB with Richardson's combination of vision, and strength. Matt Forte has an awful offensive line but he still excelled because of his characteristics as a RB. People forget that it is more then just size and speed and blitz pickup and my example for that is everyone who jumps on the idea of Da'rel Scott being the next big thing. The balance is much closer than you think between OL and RB.

gmen0820
TP

gmen0820
12-08-2011, 09:35 PM
TP

Redeyejedi
12-08-2011, 09:37 PM
What makes Trent so great is that he is a complete back.Trent Richardson is one of the best blocking college RB's ive ever seen.

JMFP2
12-08-2011, 09:39 PM
Really depends on who is available. I think Forte was a 2nd rounder.</P>

If we can get a blue chip lineman, that solves 20% of our line issue for the next 10 years....that's pretty big.</P>

Lots of great running backs to choose from.....I'd go with someone from the SEC in the 3rd or 4th, after we address LB and OL, pretty much in that order.</P>

Again, alot depends on who is available.....I'd take an "A" graded RB over a "B" graded OL, for example.</P>

Spizi
12-08-2011, 10:10 PM

Doubt it. Oline is the single most important factor to a running game and our's is horrible. Unless you're Barry Sanders which Richardson is far far from.That is not true. We haven't had a RB with Richardson's combination of vision, and strength. Matt Forte has an awful offensive line but he still excelled because of his characteristics as a RB. People forget that it is more then just size and speed and blitz pickup and my example for that is everyone who jumps on the idea of Da'rel Scott being the next big thing. The balance is much closer than you think between OL and RB.

No the difference is not much closer than I think. Look at Arian Foster, Ryan Grant, Ahmad Bradshaw, Blunt, Michael Turner, Peyton Hillis. All are solid players who were drafted 5th round and later. How do you explain this? Good offensive lines.

jomo
12-08-2011, 10:11 PM

+1
..........same as last year.....[:(]

gmen0820
12-08-2011, 10:22 PM

No the difference is not much closer than I think. Look at Arian Foster, Ryan Grant, Ahmad Bradshaw, Blunt, Michael Turner, Peyton Hillis. All are solid players who were drafted 5th round and later. How do you explain this? Good offensive lines.No, that only proves my point. A good offensive line can make an average RB look great but it is not the same when you flip the equation.

Spizi
12-08-2011, 11:53 PM
We shouldn't go RB in the first round. Thats all im saying.

If AP was on our team, yes we would be a much better rushing team but I just don't see Richardson being at that elite level.

gmen0820
12-09-2011, 12:10 AM

No the difference is not much closer than I think. Look at Arian Foster, Ryan Grant, Ahmad Bradshaw, Blunt, Michael Turner, Peyton Hillis. All are solid players who were drafted 5th round and later. How do you explain this? Good offensive lines.No, that only proves my point. A good offensive line can make an average RB look great but it is not the same when you flip the equation.

What?? How does that prove you're point??? You just said that Forte excels even though he has a horrible offensive line lolMy original post said that he would do wonder for our running game and you said that OL was the single most important factor. My Forte example shows a terrible offensive line but a succesful running back and that is because Forte is a really good RB ans was coming out of college and Richardson is in the same boat, so that does prove my point and it shows that you don't need an all pro offensive line to have a succesful running back although an all pro OL can make an average RB look great.

Your original point was that Richardson will run a 4.5 forty and we can find that in later rounds....? And might I add that I prefer to draft OL anyway and I only said he would do wonders for our running game.

G-Men Surg.
12-09-2011, 12:39 AM
I'd be down. I do feel that we need playmakers at LB more though
This .

DragonSoul
12-09-2011, 02:04 AM
I would rather a LB or OT in the 1st.we have a winner...

Marvelousmik
12-09-2011, 04:33 AM

+1

if u take a rb in ther first round he better be an all pro back.

Marvelousmik
12-09-2011, 04:36 AM

What?? How does that prove you're point??? You just said that Forte excels even though he has a horrible offensive line lolMy original post said that he would do wonder for our running game and you said that OL was the single most important factor. My Forte example shows a terrible offensive line but a succesful running back and that is because Forte is a really good RB ans was coming out of college and Richardson is in the same boat, so that does prove my point and it shows that you don't need an all pro offensive line to have a succesful running back although an all pro OL can make an average RB look great.

Your original point was that Richardson will run a 4.5 forty and we can find that in later rounds....? And might I add that I prefer to draft OL anyway and I only said he would do wonders for our running game.

you named 1 team. and 1 rb running back. how does this prove your point? they're 31 other teams in the NFL.

myles2424
12-09-2011, 04:45 AM
We have a huge LB issue that gets ignored every year, IMO it's a major problem that hold our D back.......
much rather handle the RB issue in the 2nd-4th...

TheEnigma
12-09-2011, 05:14 AM
We have a huge LB issue that gets ignored every year, IMO it's a major problem that hold our D back.......
much rather handle the RB issue in the 2nd-4th...I think we need to come to terms that Reese will probably never draft a LB in the 1st unless it's a major steal (top 10 pick in the 20-25 range). It's more likely he will draft a CB, WR, or a DE of some sort. OT doesn't look too popular in his book either. Reese has done an excellent job in the 1st so far but needs to improve in the 2nd-3rd rounds.

nycsportzfan
12-09-2011, 06:44 AM
without question u take trent richardson if hes available when u pick but the problem is he won't! Trent Richardson has Adrian Peterson/ Shady mccoy/ arian foster/darren mcfadden(when healthy) type take over a game talent Hes a player that can simply dominate when the defense is looking at him and playing him with 8 man fronts and what not Hes that good! I love a few other backs in this draft but none compare to what Trent Richardson potentially can bring to the table

nycsportzfan
12-09-2011, 06:47 AM
much rather handle the RB issue in the 2nd-4th...I think we need to come to terms that Reese will probably never draft a LB in the 1st unless it's a major steal (top 10 pick in the 20-25 range). It's more likely he will draft a CB, WR, or a DE of some sort. OT doesn't look too popular in his book either. Reese has done an excellent job in the 1st so far but needs to improve in the 2nd-3rd rounds. I think this is the YR we take a LB in the first simply because theres 3 mlb's with 1st round grades(te'o kuechly burfict) and that more then anything is the reason we've passed on LB in early rounds is the value is just not there This yr as of now it seems like the value could very well be there Kuechly would seem to be the best fit all though Upside wise Burfict is the way to go and as far as knowing exactly what u get with very little risk u got Te'o(whos a tackle machine who has brute strength and tenacity)

Slunk3AM
12-09-2011, 06:54 AM
I really believe that our running game will drastically improve once we address the problems on the offensive line.

We can't realistically put all the blame on Jacobs or Bradshaw for not getting yardage... our offensive line offers little to no run blocking for them. The only reason AB can still get some yardage is because he's got moves to make the defenders in the backfield miss - BJ not really.

TheEnigma
12-09-2011, 07:01 AM
much rather handle the RB issue in the 2nd-4th...I think we need to come to terms that Reese will probably never draft a LB in the 1st unless it's a major steal (top 10 pick in the 20-25 range). It's more likely he will draft a CB, WR, or a DE of some sort. OT doesn't look too popular in his book either. Reese has done an excellent job in the 1st so far but needs to improve in the 2nd-3rd rounds. I think this is the YR we take a LB in the first simply because theres 3 mlb's with 1st round grades(te'o kuechly burfict)* and that more then anything is the reason we've passed on LB in early rounds** is the value is just not there** This yr** as of now** it seems like the value could very well be there*** Kuechly would seem to be the best fit** all though* Upside wise* Burfict is the way to go** and as far as knowing exactly what u get with very little risk* u got Te'o(whos a tackle machine who has brute strength and tenacity)
The best thing about drafting one of those LB's for the immediate gain would be moving him to SOLB in place of Kiwi so that he could go back to playing DE and rushing the passer with JPP. No offense to Tuck and Osi but those two should be the starters. Osi most likely will still want more money and we need to spend it in other spots like resigning our future stars or grabbing some good FA linemen.

Drafting one of the stud LB's in round 1 could essentially kill two birds with one stone and really beef up our defense. I just hope Reese thinks about this when it comes draft time.

nycsportzfan
12-09-2011, 07:13 AM
I really believe that our running game will drastically improve once we address the problems on the offensive line.

We can't realistically put all the blame on Jacobs or Bradshaw for not getting yardage... our offensive line offers little to no run blocking for them. The only reason AB can still get some yardage is because he's got moves to make the defenders in the backfield miss - BJ not really. ya but bradshaw and jacobs are always injured or dinged up We need a fresh back with healthy legs who can be a gamechanger Could u imagine this offense with a young stud like Trent? With guys like Nicks Cruz Ballard Barden Jerrnigan going forward u add TRENT with bradshaw and Scott or Ware and u got a juggernaut offense at the skilled positons! I feel Jacobs has just lost either his skill or his fire to compete and run consistently hard one play to the next more then i think its the Olines fault for jacobs not playing as well as he used to

nycsportzfan
12-09-2011, 07:14 AM
just letting u guys know my computer has a few buttons that broke hence why u don't see periods or comma's in my posts and they come off a bit hard to understand Thanks!

nycsportzfan
12-09-2011, 07:17 AM
much rather handle the RB issue in the 2nd-4th...I think we need to come to terms that Reese will probably never draft a LB in the 1st unless it's a major steal (top 10 pick in the 20-25 range). It's more likely he will draft a CB, WR, or a DE of some sort. OT doesn't look too popular in his book either. Reese has done an excellent job in the 1st so far but needs to improve in the 2nd-3rd rounds. I think this is the YR we take a LB in the first simply because theres 3 mlb's with 1st round grades(te'o kuechly burfict) and that more then anything is the reason we've passed on LB in early rounds is the value is just not there This yr as of now it seems like the value could very well be there Kuechly would seem to be the best fit all though Upside wise Burfict is the way to go and as far as knowing exactly what u get with very little risk u got Te'o(whos a tackle machine who has brute strength and tenacity)
The best thing about drafting one of those LB's for the immediate gain would be moving him to SOLB in place of Kiwi so that he could go back to playing DE and rushing the passer with JPP. No offense to Tuck and Osi but those two should be the starters. Osi most likely will still want more money and we need to spend it in other spots like resigning our future stars or grabbing some good FA linemen.

Drafting one of the stud LB's in round 1 could essentially kill two birds with one stone and really beef up our defense. I just hope Reese thinks about this when it comes draft time. Agreed! Plus i think its time to start thinking about a future past our current core group of VETS anyways becuase they just don't play with Fire week in and week out anymore and u never know when they'll show up and that includes TUCK and OSI Kiwi is certainly worth keeping and i don't feel as strongly about him not playing 100pct week in and week out as i do guys like Tuck Osi Jacobs Snee(we gotta keep though!) webster boley canty rolle etc etc So i really like your idea as its time to slowley work in a new group of hungry players like JPP PRINCE AUSTIN LINVAL NICKS etc etc

buddy33
12-09-2011, 07:49 AM
Maybe Johnson thinks the Giants are going 6-10 because that is probably the only way they could get him as I don't see them trading up for him.

nygsb42champs
12-09-2011, 07:52 AM
Yes he is worth the look but is RB our most pressing need?

TheEnigma
12-09-2011, 08:14 AM
Yes he is worth the look but is RB our most pressing need?Odds are that if we drafted by need instead of BPA, we wouldn't even be having this discussion about Richardson and instead we'd be complaining about our O-line not being able to open holes for Mark Ingram Jr. CB didn't look like a need at the time and it was purely a value pick then but we know now that Webster will have been the only stability at the position since Ross will be a FA and TT had that severe ACL injury.

When we drafted JPP, we definitely didn't need a DE but look at the situation now. Tuck and Osi are all banged up and former shadows of themselves.

Reese is either a genius, lucky man, or a combination of both when it comes to the first round. Grabbing Richardson would not only be a value pick but also a need for the future since Jacob's time is coming to an end and Bradshaw maybe has 2-3 years left and I feel that's being generous. We can't expect Scott to carry the load all by himself if Bradshaw and Jacobs both go down.

buddy33
12-09-2011, 08:27 AM
There really are so many different ways this draft can go especially because we don't know who they will cut, how much money they will, and what FA's they sign. I could see the Giants trying to fix the OL through FA. Eli is their $100 million QB. Don't see them trying to use a bunch of inexperienced players to protect him and they are not in a rebuilding stage.

As much as they need LB's, they might need a CB more. Isn't this the 2nd time TT blew out the same knee? Are they going to bring Ross back? Webster is good but getting older.

hungrrrry
12-09-2011, 08:28 AM
Agree?No!</P>

I would take him if he fell to us, yes, but I believe his name is being thrown around as a skill-position top 5 pick and closer to being the runner-up to Andrew Luck as the #1 overall in the '12 draft since Luck has made it public he intends to enter the draft in 2012. Our pick is likely to be around 20th as it seems to be perenially. I think this team needs to focus on LB in this draft. we have lost offensive/defensive balance and have been far to weak behind the front 4 for way too long. I like Goff and Kiwi and Boley, but not only do we need an impact pass cover LB, we need depth at the position in case, we lose Goff, Boley or Kiwi. It needs someone who is capable of not just filling in, but threaten one of those three starters right away. Von Miller would have been a pipe-dream for us last year...can you imagine how different our defense would be if we landed him? Just that change alone? Holy heebeejeebee's!</P>

NomadGiant
12-09-2011, 08:34 AM
No doubt he looks to be a great player. I just believe the O-line is a more pressing issue for the team, it would benefit the passing and running game, I believe the guys we have would perform better with a more consistent line in front of them. We could get this kid just to see him stuffed behind the line unless something changes, and then we'd have people screaming he's a bust. So O-line first, LB's second, everything else later.

GmanSenior
12-09-2011, 08:51 AM
Keyshawn is a moron. Is he watching the games? Our defense can't stop anyone!!! We need LB's. We have the worst set of LB's in the league....Period!!! .

Redeyejedi
12-09-2011, 09:18 AM
The Best Value in my opinion for RB's is the 2nd and 3rd round. U get 1st round talent there that slips because of positional value.
In the second and 3rd u get guys like

Lamar Miller Miami
David Wilson VT
Chris Polk Washington
Bernard Pierce Temple
Isaiah Pead Cincinnati

With Bradshaw locked up all u need is a 2nd back that can carry the ball 10-12 times but 20
if he is hurt.

If I was the Giants Chris Polk would be the guy Id look at. Physical in between the tackles guy.4.5 speed so he has enough to bounce it outside.

hungrrrry
12-09-2011, 09:19 AM
Keyshawn is a moron. Is he watching the games? Our defense can't stop anyone!!! We need LB's. We have the worst set of LB's in the league....Period!!! .I don't believe that either...I just think we don't have the impact LB play that we saw in the 80s and 90s and alot of that is due to guys being stuck in the wrong system (Fewell's)...because of this we need a smart LB that can see, recognizeand process what is happeningand be intense enough to disrupt the play, whether in pass or running plays. This kind of person gives the otherdefenders someone to base their own play on and force their own extra effort. JPP is becoming seen as that kind of player on the line and will be a defensive leader soon.</P>

Otherwise, if we could somehow get Spags back, he could figure out how to use what we have in the most effective manner of aggressive defense. Godddd I sound like a homer right there!</P>

Redeyejedi
12-09-2011, 09:25 AM
Yes he is worth the look but is RB our most pressing need?Odds are that if we drafted by need instead of BPA, we wouldn't even be having this discussion about Richardson and instead we'd be complaining about our O-line not being able to open holes for Mark Ingram Jr. CB didn't look like a need at the time and it was purely a value pick then but we know now that Webster will have been the only stability at the position since Ross will be a FA and TT had that severe ACL injury.

When we drafted JPP, we definitely didn't need a DE but look at the situation now. Tuck and Osi are all banged up and former shadows of themselves.

Reese is either a genius, lucky man, or a combination of both when it comes to the first round. Grabbing Richardson would not only be a value pick but also a need for the future since Jacob's time is coming to an end and Bradshaw maybe has 2-3 years left and I feel that's being generous. We can't expect Scott to carry the load all by himself if Bradshaw and Jacobs both go down.
I thought corner was absolutely a need and said it before the draft the Giants were going to take a corner early. I thought it would be the 2nd or 3rd round though.I didnt expect Prince to be there. The Giants wanted on the roster protection for Ross and Thomas for FA.Dont be surprised if they take a DE with Osi and Kiwi FA's next year

Spizi
12-09-2011, 10:34 AM

you named 1 team. and 1 rb running back. how does this prove your point? they're 31 other teams in the NFL.

Exactly lol and I know that the bears OlIne sucks at pass blocking but I don't recal anyone saying they are bad at run blocking. Plus forte is wayyy more athletic and an amazing receiving threat.

burier
12-09-2011, 11:24 AM
first of all you never..ever...ever evaevaevaevaeva take a Olineman with your first pick.

Blockers are not a high commodity. Where'd we take Chris Snee?? The third round?

Well the third round is the Very earliest you draft Oline unless you think you've got some once in a generation type player on the board.

We don't need to stretch for backs

We need defense.

Linebackers so we don't have to play this gimmick defense nonsense.

A stud DT would be nice. Chris Canty is lazy and only makes a play when someone forgets to block him, Joseph I think will turn out to be legit but we need someone else.

I wouldn't draft another DB unless something like the prince situation happened again.

Lets package Osi and Tuck and go get a stud.

Lock Tolly up on the cheap on move Sintim to DE. We can rotate him in on passing downs.

Move Kiwi back to end and we've got the best DE tandem in the league with Vorhees on the other side.

Do these things and get ready for a Dynasty.

gmen0820
12-09-2011, 12:46 PM
My point is a good RB can make a bad offensive line better, I'm not arguing the importance of an OL. Has Forte excelled despite the Bears OL woes? Yes. And Richardson is a way better prospect than Forte coming out.

eastbayblue
12-09-2011, 01:28 PM
Agreed, and please only pick impact players and game changers in round 1.
Hate picking O-Lineman in round 1 no matter what the glaring need is there.
Maybe stud LB, but we really should target best available RB.

myles2424
12-09-2011, 03:55 PM
much rather handle the RB issue in the 2nd-4th...I think we need to come to terms that Reese will probably never draft a LB in the 1st unless it's a major steal (top 10 pick in the 20-25 range). It's more likely he will draft a CB, WR, or a DE of some sort. OT doesn't look too popular in his book either. Reese has done an excellent job in the 1st so far but needs to improve in the 2nd-3rd rounds. well this year could be the year BPA is a LB.....it's getting old to see other teams grab LBs that contribute while we still have crap at LB.....& mid - late drafting needs help, less projects & upside guys and more BPA

myles2424
12-09-2011, 04:01 PM
The Best Value in my opinion for RB's is the 2nd and 3rd round. U get 1st round talent there that slips because of positional value.

Lamar Miller Miami
David Wilson VT
Chris Polk Washington
Bernard Pierce Temple
Isaiah Pead Cincinnati

With Bradshaw locked up all u need is a 2nd back that can carry the ball 10-12 times but 20
if he is hurt.

If I was the Giants Chris Polk would be the guy Id look at. Physical in between the tackles guy.4.5 speed so he has enough to bounce it outside. as much as I'd like a guy like Polk,Wilson,miller & possibly Ball, I think they're gone before the 3rd.....We have too many needs to take a RB before the 3rd IMO.....that's why I'm paying more attention to guys like Ball,Pead,Doug Martin,Cyrus instead..

stormin normand
12-09-2011, 08:20 PM
Roll tide and hell yes but not likely to be there when we draft

lawl
12-09-2011, 08:26 PM
first of all you never..ever...ever evaevaevaevaeva take a Olineman with your first pick.

Blockers are not a high commodity. Where'd we take Chris Snee?? The third round?

Well the third round is the Very earliest you draft Oline unless you think you've got some once in a generation type player on the board.

We don't need to stretch for backs

We need defense.

Linebackers so we don't have to play this gimmick defense nonsense.

A stud DT would be nice. Chris Canty is lazy and only makes a play when someone forgets to block him, Joseph I think will turn out to be legit but we need someone else.

I wouldn't draft another DB unless something like the prince situation happened again.

Lets package Osi and Tuck and go get a stud.

Lock Tolly up on the cheap on move Sintim to DE. We can rotate him in on passing downs.

Move Kiwi back to end and we've got the best DE tandem in the league with Vorhees on the other side.

Do these things and get ready for a Dynasty.

Snee was the 34th pick in the draft.

Spizi
12-09-2011, 08:50 PM

Is Richardson that much better of a prospect than Ingram? Because Ingram went 28th overall. Richardson could slip to the late teens couldn't he?

CLR
12-09-2011, 09:10 PM
I have watched just about every Boise state game the last few yrs.
I would Love the Giants to take a look at Doug Martin.
Dude is a stud, has good hands, and is a decent kid.

nycsportzfan
12-11-2011, 08:17 AM

Lamar Miller Miami
David Wilson VT
Chris Polk Washington
Bernard Pierce Temple
Isaiah Pead Cincinnati

if he is hurt.

If I was the Giants Chris Polk would be the guy Id look at. Physical in between the tackles guy.4.5 speed so he has enough to bounce it outside. U know how much i love Polk Pierce Pead and martin for that matter but none of those guys are Trent Richardson Bradshaw is forever dinged up and we don't know what we got in Scott and Ware is adequte at best it seems Richardson has top 5 NFL back potential and with our pass offense could give us a Adrian Peterson type RB to go with the insane Pass catching options U just don't pass on Trent Richardson if your the Giants and hes on the board Not that they would I'd gurantee if Richardson was on the board the giants would take him without hesitation They could bolster there Oline in FA'cy or in Rds' 2-3 or 2 and 4 or a comonation like that So that should not be any reason to not take a guy like Richardson Shoot We might have something in Petrus anyways and we'll certainly find that out shortly! Petrus was probably the best overall "VALUE" we got in his draft as far as where he was projected and where we got him So i for 1 am not gonna be surprised at all if he becomes a heck of a G in this league and longtime starter for us

Spizi
12-11-2011, 12:27 PM

Lamar Miller Miami
David Wilson VT
Chris Polk Washington
Bernard Pierce Temple
Isaiah Pead Cincinnati

if he is hurt.

If I was the Giants Chris Polk would be the guy Id look at. Physical in between the tackles guy.4.5 speed so he has enough to bounce it outside.* U know how much i love Polk* Pierce* Pead and martin for that matter* but none of those guys are Trent Richardson***** Bradshaw is forever dinged up and we don't know what we got in Scott** and Ware is adequte at best it seems**** Richardson has top 5 NFL back potential and with our pass offense could give us a Adrian Peterson type RB to go with the insane Pass catching options*** U just don't pass on Trent Richardson if your the Giants and hes on the board** Not that they would** I'd gurantee if Richardson was on the board** the giants would take him without hesitation****** They could bolster there Oline in FA'cy or in Rds' 2-3 or 2 and 4 or a comonation like that** So that should not be any reason to not take a guy like Richardson***** Shoot* We might have something in Petrus anyways and we'll certainly find that out shortly!* Petrus was probably the best overall "VALUE" we got in his draft as far as where he was projected and where we got him******* So i for 1 am not gonna be surprised at all if he becomes a heck of a G in this league and longtime starter for us

With the declining value of RBs in the league, where do you think Richardson will likely go in the draft? I mean look at Ingram last year. Similar in many ways to Richardson yet he got drafted at 28. Could Richardson slip into the late teens early 20s?

stormin normand
12-11-2011, 04:59 PM

Is Richardson that much better of a prospect than Ingram? Because Ingram went 28th overall. Richardson could slip to the late teens couldn't he?

IMHO Trent actually is better and will be a better pro back.

He has power and ellusiveness.

Started following Bama when my daughter went there. Now she's back (JD) and I am a convert.
If He falls It is a no brainer in my opinion even though we have more pressing needs, when a guy like this falls into your lap you gotta grab him.

BJs power with ABs moves and both our guy are getting dinged up... Take him