PDA

View Full Version : NFC EAST DRAFT PROJECTIONS

RoanokeFan
04-03-2012, 02:39 PM
NFC EAST DRAFT PROJECTIONS (http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=7769757) - VIDEO

VegasGmen
04-03-2012, 02:51 PM
Thanks RF! Don't think we are going to draft a LB in the 1st. Not Reese's style unless maybe a Hightower drops. He tends to take skill positions with 1st pick like WR, QB, CB, DE or S. This might the year where he takes the other skill position in RB.

nygsb42champs
04-03-2012, 03:03 PM
As always thanks RF.

Kruunch
04-03-2012, 03:09 PM
I take that back.

Lavonte David would actually be a nice addition to the Giants. He could even sub in as an MLB if needed (although he lacks the size for it on a full time basis imo).

One of the few LBers mentioned for the Giants that I actually like.

FroZeNx31x
04-03-2012, 03:19 PM
I would LOVE that 1st round pick (Look at my sig)

Pair Levonte with Jacquan Williams and Boley.... we may have the most athletic LB group in the LG.

In Fewell's Defense you really dont need a big, strong run stopping LB because its all about gap control. Let the big guys up front maintain their gaps while the fast LB's run around making stops against the run and in coverage.

I like that 1st round pick.

Toadofsteel
04-03-2012, 05:30 PM
First round is most likely going to be an OL or a LB. We're stacked in the DL, secondary and in most of the skill positions on offense (except maybe RB, but even then I think Da'rel Scott is due for a breakout year). Look for a LB draftee, who will form a new LB core with Herz and Jac Quian Van Damme, Kiwi to transition back to DE to make Canty superfluous, and letting Boley go after 2012.

titwio
04-03-2012, 05:57 PM
I'd rather the Giants take Bobby Wagner later on...probably get him in the second round.

Shockeystays08
04-03-2012, 10:51 PM
I'd rather the Giants take Bobby Wagner later on...probably get him in the second round.

I agree with you on Wagner. I do like David but Wagner Williams and Herz would make a nice trio!

ryan12
04-04-2012, 09:39 AM
I take that back.

Lavonte David would actually be a nice addition to the Giants. He could even sub in as an MLB if needed (although he lacks the size for it on a full time basis imo).

One of the few LBers mentioned for the Giants that I actually like.

kruunch i love your mock draft

paul007
04-04-2012, 06:51 PM
Thats a pretty good draft

2012 Mock Draft (revised):
1) Coby Fleener (TE)
2) Mohammed Sanu (WR)
3) Robert Turbin (RB)
4) Keenan Robinson (LB)
4) Nate Potter (OT)
5) Coryell Judie (CB)
6) Donte Paige-Moss (DE)
7) Akiem Hicks (DT)

lawl
04-04-2012, 06:54 PM
I would venture to say that there is less than a 1% chance that we take a linebacker with the 32nd pick.

Neverend
04-04-2012, 08:53 PM
If only guys like lavonte david or bobby wagner were bigger. They have pretty much everything else you want with very, very few flaws as a prospect

The worst thing with david is, his size does not hurt him that bad on the field anyway. At times he can tied up with a blocker but is usually extremely physical or is very sudden and can slip by 'em.

NY_Eli
04-04-2012, 10:22 PM
I would venture to say that there is less than a 1% chance that we take a linebacker with the 32nd pick.

Agreed. Seems like every year people predict the gmen to pick one but that's not Reese's style. Now that actually have loads of young talent at the position, I'd be shocked if we picked one.

I'd say DL, OL, S are far more likely.

JJC7301
04-04-2012, 10:51 PM
Thanks RF! Don't think we are going to draft a LB in the 1st. Not Reese's style unless maybe a Hightower drops. He tends to take skill positions with 1st pick like WR, QB, CB, DE or S. This might the year where he takes the other skill position in RB.
+1. Agree with you 100%.

EJ Blue
04-04-2012, 10:56 PM
are you employed here?

Strahan4gov
04-04-2012, 11:29 PM

Agreed. Seems like every year people predict the gmen to pick one but that's not Reese's style. Now that actually have loads of young talent at the position, I'd be shocked if we picked one.

Watching Hightower's highlights I would 100% disagree. That kid can get after the QB, hard. If he is on the board at 32 I would bet we take him. Otherwise there are several clear directions we could go. Hightower is a rare talent.

lawl
04-04-2012, 11:41 PM

Watching Hightower's highlights I would 100% disagree. That kid can get after the QB, hard. If he is on the board at 32 I would bet we take him. Otherwise there are several clear directions we could go. Hightower is a rare talent.

I'd say 0 chance we take Hightower

GMENAGAIN
04-04-2012, 11:46 PM
I would venture to say that there is less than a 1% chance that we take a linebacker with the 32nd pick. Agreed. Seems like every year people predict the gmen to pick one but that's not Reese's style. Now that actually have loads of young talent at the position, I'd be shocked if we picked one. I'd say DL, OL, S are far more likely. Watching Hightower's highlights I would 100% disagree. That kid can get after the QB, hard. If he is on the board at 32 I would bet we take him. Otherwise there are several clear directions we could go. Hightower is a rare talent. I'd say 0 chance we take Hightower</P>

I agree, although I don't think that he will even be there when we pick.</P>

B&RWarrior
04-05-2012, 08:34 PM
I think we go O-line in the first. Mike Adams

NorwoodBlue
04-05-2012, 08:55 PM
BPA all the way through this draft, I don't see JR reaching for anyone, or snapping up a lesser player just because of perceived positional need. He'll draft the best athletes he can get, and fill left over positional needs in the late free agency period. Many of the prospects mentioned may in fact be the best player available when the Giants draft, and they could very well be picked up.