PDA

View Full Version : Cruz becoming a brand name - Nike photo looks like a bad ***

NYG4lifeNYK
04-03-2012, 04:27 PM
http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/getty/2012/09000d5d8280d924_gallery_600.jpg

If Cruz replicates his 2011 season production expect the endorsements to come pouring in.

Itlan
04-03-2012, 08:21 PM
One of the things he has going for him is he's Hispanic, which is fairly rare in the NFL.

Plus, he's very well spoken.

Giants Of New Jersey
04-03-2012, 09:08 PM
yep...hispanic endorsements on top of the usuals

NYG4lifeNYK
04-03-2012, 09:16 PM
One of the things he has going for him is he's Hispanic, which is fairly rare in the NFL.

Plus, he's very well spoken.

Boricua baby!

Puerto Rican [<:o)]

Itlan
04-03-2012, 09:18 PM
Cubans > All.

Just sayin'. Brazilian women are ****ing amazing, though.

egyptian420
04-03-2012, 09:20 PM
if you have him on facebook then you know by now that he's a diva....not saying he's done anything wrong (yet atleast) but he definitely is a diva

NYgiants141
04-03-2012, 09:26 PM
Define diva?

NYG4lifeNYK
04-03-2012, 09:40 PM
if you have him on facebook then you know by now that he's a diva....not saying he's done anything wrong (yet atleast) but he definitely is a diva

What?

He's as humble and respectful as they come

RoanokeFan
04-03-2012, 09:50 PM

What is your definition of"diva"?

egyptian420
04-03-2012, 10:07 PM
Living the textbook defined lifestyle of the rich and famous...always engaged in lavish activities, photo shoots with big corporate owners....stuff like that

Not saying there is anything wrong with that, it's not like I'm saying he's being a ****** about it or bragging....but he is certainly very active in his social life...5 minutes don't go by without him posting something huge that he's attending on facebook

For those who can't wait to respond with"So, wtf is wrong with that?!?!" ....nothing lol...just making an observation, I never once said it was a bad thing, but compare him to Eli and you'll see what I mean by diva

RoanokeFan
04-03-2012, 10:10 PM
Living the textbook lifestyle of the rich and famous...always engaged in lavish activities, photo shoots with big corporate owners....stuff like that

Not saying there is anything wrong with that, it's not like I'm saying he's being a ****** about it or bragging....but he is certainly very active in his social life...5 minutes don't go by without him posting something huge that he's attending on facebook

For those who can't wait to respond with"So, wtf is wrong with that?!?!" ....nothing lol...just making an observation, I never once said it was a bad thing, but compare him to Eli and you'll see what I mean by diva

The word "diva" carries a very negative vibe with it in this sport.

egyptian420
04-03-2012, 10:13 PM
Living the textbook lifestyle of the rich and famous...always engaged in lavish activities, photo shoots with big corporate owners....stuff like that

I don't mean it in the T.O way...to me a diva is just someone who is "seen" and more publically engaged

b_ELI_eve
04-03-2012, 10:30 PM
Not saying anything bad about Cruz, but this makes me appreciate Hakeem Nicks a lot. He wants no extra attention, stays low key and is a beast on the field.

He and Cruz are a great tandem

I Bleed Blue 56
04-03-2012, 10:39 PM
Im on Cruz is FB and hes far from a diva he posts about everything hes doing just like all of us do. He cant help be a superbowl champ who everyone wants him to be apart of. I definately disagree with you on this. The man is soaking it all up and why wouldnt he. All of us would be doing the exact same thing if we was in his shoes right now.

RoanokeFan
04-03-2012, 10:55 PM

I don't mean it in the T.O way...to me a diva is just someone who is "seen" and more publically engaged

His celebrity is not of his making, as is the case most of the time. It's the "local buy makes good" factor that creates a lot of the swirl around him. He seems to be handling it pretty well so far. Let's hope that continues.

NYG4lifeNYK
04-03-2012, 10:55 PM

Nothing wrong with that at all.

gmen46
04-03-2012, 11:09 PM
Living the textbook defined lifestyle of the rich and famous...always engaged in lavish activities, photo shoots with big corporate owners....stuff like that

What you describe is not being a diva,as most people understand the term.

He's a hot commodity--of "the moment"-- as a result of what he accomplished, in the manner he accomplished it, being on the eventual SB winner, and doing so as an undrafted virtual rookie.

This won't last for him beyond the next few months, if that long, and it certainly won't last into the 2012 season. The attention span of the public--and therefore the media--won't allow it to continue beyond that.

He would be considered a diva if he told most of these non commercial appearance requests to go **** themselves, and refuse to make appearances unless paid to do so. Or if he came across as ****y or arrogant during those appearances, which he apparently does not.

I'm just glad he doesn't begin every interview or conversation or human exchange with "First, let me thank my lord and savior Jesus Christ" before asking to pass the salt.

egyptian420
04-03-2012, 11:57 PM

For those who can't wait to respond with"So, wtf is wrong with that?!?!" ....<font size="4">nothing lol...just making an observation, I never once said it was a bad thing</font>, but compare him to Eli and you'll see what I mean by diva

Nothing wrong with that at all.

As you can see....I agree as well

Toadofsteel
04-04-2012, 12:31 AM
He's just very social (stereotypical of latinos, I might add). Nothing wrong with that. It also seems like he's the only athlete that actually controls his own facebook page these days (rather than his agent).

GiantLegend
04-04-2012, 05:28 AM
He's had one good year. Need to slow down all of this. He is not, nor will he ever be, the face of this franchise.
I personally don't give a damn what his heritage is, I don't want to hear constantly how amazing he is because he's Hispanic. He's American, he was born in Jersey. JPP is Haitian, we don't hear about that all the time.
I really liked what he did last year, but I'm an always skeptical person. We have a better WR in Nicks, and our amazing QB that should get attention. Not the guy demanding more money after one good season.

nygsb42champs
04-04-2012, 09:17 AM
Awesome Photo

egyptian420
04-04-2012, 10:09 AM
He's had one good year. Need to slow down all of this. He is not, nor will he ever be, the face of this franchise.
I personally don't give a damn what his heritage is, I don't want to hear constantly how amazing he is because he's Hispanic. He's American, he was born in Jersey. JPP is Haitian, we don't hear about that all the time.
I really liked what he did last year, but I'm an always skeptical person. We have a better WR in Nicks, and our amazing QB that should get attention. Not the guy demanding more money after one good season.
well that's a bit harsh don't you think?

RoanokeFan
04-04-2012, 12:21 PM

You really should READ what is posted around here and what players themselves actually say. Cruz has said he thinks he is entitled to more money and, except maybe for you, most folks agree with that. In the same discussions, he also says he's going to play football and his agent will handle his contract. he has never, not ones, publicly "demanded" a pay raise.

As for his race, you are right, he's an American of Puerto Rican and African descent. That has nothing to do with his skills which, despite your take, are considerable. Those skills are his God given abilities and only you seem to think we think he's amazing because he's Hispanic. I say he's amazing because he's Victor Cruz.

He's a success story, it's really that simple.