PDA

View Full Version : 2012 NYG rookie WR

myles2424
04-04-2012, 05:48 AM
It's no secret the FO has flirted with a few potential 1-2 round WRs.....with the years nicks/Cruz had defenses are going to game plan around them, WR IMO is one of your biggest needs.......
Here's a small list of WRs likely to be a option for us within the first 4 rounds.....pick 2, & in which round would you feel comfortable....

1.Stephen Hill
2.Alshon Jeffery
3.Rueben Randle
3.Mohamed Sanu
4.Tommy Streeter
5.Brian Quick
6.Marvin Jones
7.Joe Adams
8.Chris Givens
9.Juror Criner
10.Nick Toon
11.Marvin mcnutt
12.Ryan broyels

rainierjef
04-04-2012, 06:40 AM
Marvin Mcnutt / Tommy Streeter both in the 4th rounds
Fleener in the 1st
i would be happier than a fat kid biting into his first quarter pounder

Kase-1
04-04-2012, 01:36 PM
Sanu & Criner in rounds 3 & 5 respectively

G-Men Surg.
04-04-2012, 01:39 PM
Joe Adams 3 rd round and Marvin McNutt with the second 4th round pick ( compensatory ).

XxBigWhitxX
04-04-2012, 01:50 PM
Whoever we get is gonna be a big outside guy because I'm sure they want to keep Cruz in the slot so

Stephen Hill
Alshon Jeffery
Juron Criner
Marvin McNutt
Sanu
and Dwight Jones.

GGTM_1977
04-04-2012, 02:19 PM
Hey I am all for a WR between rounds 1-4....but I don't think we draft 2 WRs........one high to mid round one should do us.

Shockeystays08
04-04-2012, 04:24 PM
Whoever we get is gonna be a big outside guy because I'm sure they want to keep Cruz in the slot so

Stephen Hill
Alshon Jeffery
Juron Criner
Marvin McNutt
Sanu
and Dwight Jones.

Jernigan will be the slot guy write it down. I believe we will look for a big wideout to spell Nicks when he gets hurt, or Cruz for that matter. Jernigan get's hurt Cruz goes to the slot and our drafted wr goes outside. However, our track record with wr even early picks, they don't play much as rookies. Maybe Depalma will step it up. I like McNutt, Childs and White for the gmen in rounds 4-6.

slipknottin
04-04-2012, 05:06 PM
However, our track record with wr even early picks, they don't play much as rookies.

This is not true. Steve Smith played a ton when he was healthy. Nicks had 800 yards his rookie year

DelawareGiants
04-04-2012, 05:23 PM
I agree with those that say we probably will only go 1 WR but I also see us going for TE as well. With that in mind---
Round-2 Dwayne Allen TE
Round 4a/4b- Juron Criner (hope he falls that far if not OK taking with 3rd) or Streeter or Toon.

lawl
04-04-2012, 07:22 PM
However, our track record with wr even early picks, they don't play much as rookies.

This is not true. Steve Smith played a ton when he was healthy. Nicks had 800 yards his rookie year

Tim Carter, moss, Barden, Jernigan, manningham

Other WRs we've drafted in the first 3 rounds.

titwio
04-04-2012, 07:33 PM
I really think Sanu would fit in great in New York...Unselfish player with great hands and is beast of a blocker...He just seems like a Giant to me.

Others I wouldn't mind:

Stephen Hill- Big, athletic and can stretch the field...nice compliment to Nicks, Cruz.

Brian Quick: So underrated IMO. I have feeling he's going to turn out to be one the better receivers in this class.

Ryan Broyles: If they can get him from the 4th or beyond then it would be a huge steal. IMO he's the best route runner in the draft.

slipknottin
04-04-2012, 08:31 PM

Seems its clear if they are talented they play... If they arent, or cant grasp the playbook they sit on the bench.

Neverend
04-04-2012, 08:40 PM
It's hard to rank 'em

Like, I think TY Hilton and Devon Wylie are going to be absolute studs in the nfl. But wouldn't put them in top 5 though. Then there are receivers that excel at getting separation in intermediate passing game (marvin jones, givens) but there are others who struggle to separate but can grab the football extremely well (toon, jeffery, mcnutt, criner). It's all about preference really

myles2424
04-04-2012, 08:45 PM
It's hard to rank 'em

Like, I think TY Hilton and Devon Wylie are going to be absolute studs in the nfl. But wouldn't put them in top 5 though. Then there are receivers that excel at getting separation in intermediate passing game (marvin jones, givens) but there are others who struggle to separate but can grab the football extremely well (toon, jeffery, mcnutt, criner). It's all about preference really lastthing I want are WRs that can't seperate...

Neverend
04-04-2012, 09:05 PM
It's hard to rank 'em

Like, I think TY Hilton and Devon Wylie are going to be absolute studs in the nfl. But wouldn't put them in top 5 though. Then there are receivers that excel at getting separation in intermediate passing game (marvin jones, givens) but there are others who struggle to separate but can grab the football extremely well (toon, jeffery, mcnutt, criner). It's all about preference really lastthing I want are WRs that can't seperate...

"Can't" separate is harsh. More like average at getting separation.

There are plenty of receivers in the NFL that are pretty good even if they aren't overly quick or explosive out of their breaks. Guys like Brandon Marshall or Marques Colston come to mind. You can compensate for it by having elite body control and box out skills. That's why I'm high on guys like Criner.

Redeyejedi
04-04-2012, 09:11 PM
Im starting to believe Rueben Randle is the best WR in this class. LSU's crappy QB play makes him harder to judge

Neverend
04-04-2012, 09:21 PM
Im starting to believe Rueben Randle is the best WR in this class. LSU's crappy QB play makes him harder to judge

He's really young but do you think he has much room to get better? From the looks of it, he seems very polished. He can settle in zones and runs a great route tree with a ton of cuts. He also has a great savvy in terms of setting people up too.

So I don't see much room for development. But I'm sure you've watched him more than anybody so I could be wrong

slipknottin
04-04-2012, 09:51 PM

I think he goes late 1st, before the giants pick. Perhaps to the Texans

lawl
04-04-2012, 11:50 PM
Whatever WR Reese decides to take in the first two rounds I'm going to assume he'll be a good player

Shockeystays08
04-05-2012, 12:08 AM

Seems its clear if they are talented they play... If they arent, or cant grasp the playbook they sit on the bench.

Seems you may have tunnel vision. You can't throw out a blanket statement like that. I think you'll find if you do your homework that the majority of the receivers picked in the draft by the Giants don't play much there rookie year!

gmen0820
04-05-2012, 12:14 AM
Perhaps to the TexansAgreed, this is where I ultimately see him going, although Kendall Wright makes a good case as the Z receiver opposite Andre Johnson.

Randle seems like a pure X receiver to me.

slipknottin
04-05-2012, 12:35 AM
Seems you may have tunnel vision. You can't throw out a blanket statement like that. I think you'll find if you do your homework that the majority of the receivers picked in the draft by the Giants don't play much there rookie year!

You cant make blanket statements either.

If they are talented enough, and understand the system they play. Nicks is plenty of proof of that.

GMenNY21
04-05-2012, 12:36 AM
Im starting to believe Rueben Randle is the best WR in this class. LSU's crappy QB play makes him harder to judgehe reminds me a lot of manningham, but taller & more physical..1 of my favorite players in this draft

gmen0820
04-05-2012, 12:42 AM

He's really young but do you think he has much room to get better? From the looks of it, he seems very polished. He can settle in zones and runs a great route tree with a ton of cuts. He also has a great savvy in terms of setting people up too.

So I don't see much room for development. But I'm sure you've watched him more than anybody so I could be wrongHe is one of the more savvy receivers to come out, but there is a lot of improvement needed for our offense.

He doesn't disguise routes that well, and can have some coverage misreading issues. That could be a problem with Eli, who is as savvy as it gets in terms of sight adjustments, and where a wide receiver should be.

But I'm nitpicking. There is a lot of positives with Randle.

Redeyejedi
04-05-2012, 10:42 AM
Perhaps to the TexansAgreed, this is where I ultimately see him going, although Kendall Wright makes a good case as the Z receiver opposite Andre Johnson.

Randle seems like a pure X receiver to me.He played both at LSU but the majority of snaps were at the X. I think the Giants primarily need an outside receiver with size that can stretch the field Vertically. Randle fits that criteria. The guys that make sense to me physically are Hill,Randle,and Quick. Sanu who they met with not so much. Im not high on Mcnutt but I could see him being an option, Id much prefer Greg Childs. Randle to me is the best out of those guys. Jeffery intrigues me as well. He would probably light it up with Eli throwing him the ball. If u told me before the season that the Giants could draft Alshon Jeffery at #32 I would call u an Fing liar. I think the Giants are a team that could take the risk on him

Neverend
04-05-2012, 11:00 AM

So I don't see much room for development. But I'm sure you've watched him more than anybody so I could be wrongHe is one of the more savvy receivers to come out, but there is a lot of improvement needed for our offense.

He doesn't disguise routes that well, and can have some coverage misreading issues. That could be a problem with Eli, who is as savvy as it gets in terms of sight adjustments, and where a wide receiver should be.

Hm, I see. Dunno, to me he looks like a near finished product with little room to get better. He runs great routes, is polished, knows how to set people up extremely well, excellent hand catcher, knows how to read cvgs, and is exceptional working the middle and zone coverages.

Yet, despite all this, he's never been great. Look at alshon jeffery, he's made a ton of great looking plays on jump balls despite his situation at QB too. Randle has made, maybe one or two big plays downfield in that regard? Guys like Floyd routinely make plays that way. With Randle its a rarity and I've seen him lose his far share of battles in the air.

I just can't put him in the class with the top wideouts. He just isn't elite in any area besides his floor. I dont think he'll be the best wr in this class in the nfl because you're getting the most out of his ability already. I don't think he'll ever be an elite, top tier receiver in the nfl. A good, extremely consistent possession receiver that'll move the chains and occassionally get behind the defense with his savvy but not someone who can dominate, run by people with elite speed and routinely win jump balls highly contested.

Just my opinion though. But based on his skill set I can somewhat see why anyone can think he can become an elite receiver in the nfl and the best of this class. I just can't see it though

Kruunch
04-05-2012, 11:13 AM
Whatever WR Reese decides to take in the first two rounds I'm going to assume he'll be a good player

+1 [b]

Reese's picks in the first two rounds have been stellar by and large.

Kruunch
04-05-2012, 11:18 AM

To add to this, the Giants run a really complicated sight adjustment offense. Each route has multiple options based on how coverage lines up and which way the coverage breaks.

Nicks was considered the most NFL ready (polished) receiver in that draft class (and is now being considered one of the most NFL ready receivers to come out of the draft in quite awhile) and even he has consistant misreads in our system.

Having said that, MM was able to thrive enough in our system and that guy was opposite of polished.

Redeyejedi
04-05-2012, 11:24 AM

Hm, I see. Dunno, to me he looks like a near finished product with little room to get better. He runs great routes, is polished, knows how to set people up extremely well, excellent hand catcher, knows how to read cvgs, and is exceptional working the middle and zone coverages.

Yet, despite all this, he's never been great. Look at alshon jeffery, he's made a ton of great looking plays on jump balls despite his situation at QB too. Randle has made, maybe one or two big plays downfield in that regard? Guys like Floyd routinely make plays that way. With Randle its a rarity and I've seen him lose his far share of battles in the air.

I just can't put him in the class with the top wideouts. He just isn't elite in any area besides his floor. I dont think he'll be the best wr in this class in the nfl because you're getting the most out of his ability already. I don't think he'll ever be an elite, top tier receiver in the nfl. A good, extremely consistent possession receiver that'll move the chains and occassionally get behind the defense with his savvy but not someone who can dominate, run by people with elite speed and routinely win jump balls highly contested.

Just my opinion though. But based on his skill set I can somewhat see why anyone can think he can become an elite receiver in the nfl and the best of this class. I just can't see it thoughStephen Garcia was 10 times better then the LSU QB's. Michael Floyd i wouldnt touch with his 3 alcohol related arrests

Neverend
04-05-2012, 11:33 AM
Stephen Garcia was 10 times better then the LSU QB's. Michael Floyd i wouldnt touch with his 3 alcohol related arrests

I agree but there was also Connor Shaw, whom was pretty meh. And you've also mentioned sanu, who was able to dominate with some pretty bad QB play

Neverend
04-05-2012, 11:34 AM

To add to this, the Giants run a really complicated sight adjustment offense. Each route has multiple options based on how coverage lines up and which way the coverage breaks.

Nicks was considered the most NFL ready (polished) receiver in that draft class (and is now being considered one of the most NFL ready receivers to come out of the draft in quite awhile) and even he has consistant misreads in our system.

Having said that, MM was able to thrive enough in our system and that guy was opposite of polished.

True. That makes Randle a great fit here. Almost makes you not want to draft stephen hill because of the adjustment its going to take for him

Redeyejedi
04-05-2012, 11:57 AM
Sanu fits the Giants offense well but he isnt a deep threat. He gives the Giants more of what they have.
I realy like Greg Childs. If he is 100% he is one of the better receivers in this draft. He comes from an offense at Arkansas that utilizes NFL concepts

Kruunch
04-05-2012, 03:16 PM
Keep in mind that we only drafted Nicks because we needed someone who could potentially start right away.

We don't have that issue this year, so the criteria by which the Giants evaluate receiverrs might be a bit different (although they did workout Sanu already).

The Giants haven't gotten a single burner to work in our system nor have we drafted one. I don't expect that trend to change here (but it may). It *feels* like the Giants are targetting a WR in the second round however (judging by who they've worked out).

I'd take Randle over Sanu but either I think would work out well in our system.

I don't see a true burner in this draft with the possible exception of Wright (and he's no Mike Wallace).

Kruunch
04-05-2012, 03:23 PM
True. That makes Randle a great fit here. Almost makes you not want to draft stephen hill because of the adjustment its going to take for him

I wouldn't touch Stephen Hill with a 10 foot pole.

He plays much slower in pads, has two routes to his game and mediocre hands.

Not to mention that most NFL running backs average more receptions per year than he's had in his college career.

gmen0820
04-05-2012, 04:13 PM
Sanu fits the Giants offense well but he isnt a deep threat. He gives the Giants more of what they have.
I realy like Greg Childs. If he is 100% he is one of the better receivers in this draft. He comes from an offense at Arkansas that utilizes NFL conceptsI really like Childs. He had his recovery year, he should be healthy next year.

I wouldn't mind Criner either. He might not have great timed speed and even field speed, but he can get past a DB quick, has great acceleration, has good ball skills, and excellent measurables. Him and Eli would be very good together.

But going back to Randle, this kid is special. You say he can play Z, I don't protest, but he looks like a natural X receiver. He kind of reminds me of Hakeem Nicks. He can win iso routes, backside trips, anything. He will be a Texan I think.

Jiffy Jeff
04-05-2012, 05:17 PM

Stephen Hill
Alshon Jeffery
Juron Criner
Marvin McNutt
Sanu
and Dwight Jones.

Jernigan will be the slot guy write it down. I believe we will look for a big wideout to spell Nicks when he gets hurt, or Cruz for that matter. Jernigan get's hurt Cruz goes to the slot and our drafted wr goes outside. However, our track record with wr even early picks, they don't play much as rookies. Maybe Depalma will step it up. I like McNutt, Childs and White for the gmen in rounds 4-6.

Write HIXON down.

Jiffy Jeff
04-05-2012, 05:21 PM

Stephen Hill
Alshon Jeffery
Juron Criner
Marvin McNutt
Sanu
and Dwight Jones.

Write HIXON down.

But incidentally, I hope that we get Jeffery......I'd just like to have the jersey. (although in my case it's R- E- Y)

gmen0820
04-07-2012, 03:42 PM
But incidentally, I hope that we get Jeffery......I'd just like to have the jersey. (although in my case it's R- E- Y)Jeffrey can succeed here. This is the best environment for him, but I don't know how I feel about him in the 1st.

gmen0820
04-07-2012, 03:42 PM
But incidentally, I hope that we get Jeffery......I'd just like to have the jersey. (although in my case it's R- E- Y)Jeffrey can succeed here. This is the best environment for him, but I don't know how I feel about him in the 1st.

Redeyejedi
04-07-2012, 04:04 PM
I realy like Greg Childs. If he is 100% he is one of the better receivers in this draft. He comes from an offense at Arkansas that utilizes NFL conceptsI really like Childs. He had his recovery year, he should be healthy next year.

I wouldn't mind Criner either. He might not have great timed speed and even field speed, but he can get past a DB quick, has great acceleration, has good ball skills, and excellent measurables. Him and Eli would be very good together.

But going back to Randle, this kid is special. You say he can play Z, I don't protest, but he looks like a natural X receiver. He kind of reminds me of Hakeem Nicks. He can win iso routes, backside trips, anything. He will be a Texan I think. he played much more X at LSU but they did line him up in both spots.Greg Cosell basically said the same thing to me on Twitter today.
Childs is another X receiver so is Quick.,Sanu. It seems like along with Randle those are the guys they are looking at.

Greg Cosell ? @gregcosell Open
Like WR Randle. Smooth, athletic, acceleration off the LOS. Belive he can win isolation routes on outside as "x". Similarities to H. Nicks.

gmen0820
04-07-2012, 04:07 PM

But going back to Randle, this kid is special. You say he can play Z, I don't protest, but he looks like a natural X receiver. He kind of reminds me of Hakeem Nicks. He can win iso routes, backside trips, anything. He will be a Texan I think. he played much more X at LSU but they did line up in both spots. Greg Cosell basically said the same thing to me on Twitter

Like WR Randle. Smooth, athletic, acceleration off the LOS. Belive he can win isolation routes on outside as "x". Similarities to H. Nicks.Cosell is great, when was that tweeted? I follow him very closely.

Edit, just saw it. He has been doing WR write-ups I see. This has been my favorite year of researching the skill positions. I am mainly a trench kind of guy around draft time.

Neverend
04-07-2012, 04:07 PM

But going back to Randle, this kid is special. You say he can play Z, I don't protest, but he looks like a natural X receiver. He kind of reminds me of Hakeem Nicks. He can win iso routes, backside trips, anything. He will be a Texan I think. he played much more X at LSU but they did line up in both spots. Greg Cosell basically said the same thing to me on Twitter

Like WR Randle. Smooth, athletic, acceleration off the LOS. Belive he can win isolation routes on outside as "x". Similarities to H. Nicks.

Interesting. I thinks thats a lofty comparison. Nicks was just absolutely pheonmenal after the catch at UNC, ridiclous infact

Also randle likes to catch over his shoulder a lot. Nicks is more of a guy who will leave his feet and high point the pass.

But I suppose in terms of their route running they're very similar

gmen0820
04-07-2012, 04:12 PM

Interesting. I thinks thats a lofty comparison. Nicks was just absolutely pheonmenal after the catch at UNC, ridiclous infact

Also randle likes to catch over his shoulder a lot. Nicks is more of a guy who will leave his feet and high point the pass.

But I suppose in terms of their route running they're very similarNicks does that a lot, I definitely saw that plenty of him last year, and my extensive 2010 research.

Nicks has gotten better at over the shoulder catches, especially in deep concept isolation routes. When the Giants go 4 wide, plenty of the times they will have trips on one side, and isolate Nicks as the X on the backside of the formation.

It works very well against single high concepts, because Eli has the pinpoint ability and anticipation to drop a pin in the hardest spot for a safety to get too -- especially when he has to cover so much ground.

gmen0820
04-07-2012, 04:17 PM

But going back to Randle, this kid is special. You say he can play Z, I don't protest, but he looks like a natural X receiver. He kind of reminds me of Hakeem Nicks. He can win iso routes, backside trips, anything. He will be a Texan I think. he played much more X at LSU but they did line him up in both spots.Greg Cosell basically said the same thing to me on Twitter today.
Childs is another X receiver so is Quick.,Sanu. It seems like along with Randle those are the guys they are looking at.

Like WR Randle. Smooth, athletic, acceleration off the LOS. Belive he can win isolation routes on outside as "x". Similarities to H. Nicks.It surprises me that we are looking so heavily at X receivers. I wonder how expensive our FO sees Nicks to be in the upcoming years.

But let me ask you something, do you see Jeffrey as a deep threat in any capacity? I really don't see it, I see a lot of limitations in his game. He isn't quick, I wouldn't even call him a build up speed guy (like Nicks you could say), and he doesn't get separation.

Now I am not speaking to a take the top off a C2 defense type deep threat, but Nicks is certainly a deep threat, but he gets separation, savvy route runner and has good hands.

FroZeNx31x
04-07-2012, 04:27 PM
A.J. Jenkins from Illinois in the 4th!!

Everyone needs look at the numbers he put up in 2011, also the combine, then look him up on youtube

Neverend
04-07-2012, 04:29 PM

But I suppose in terms of their route running they're very similarNicks does that a lot, I definitely saw that plenty of him last year, and my extensive 2010 research.

Nicks has gotten better at over the shoulder catches, especially in deep concept isolation routes. When the Giants go 4 wide, plenty of the times they will have trips on one side, and isolate Nicks as the X on the backside of the formation.

It works very well against single high concepts, because Eli has the pinpoint ability and anticipation to drop a pin in the hardest spot for a safety to get too -- especially when he has to cover so much ground.

Yeah, I was watching some 2010 games recently well and I was impressed how much better Nicks became at a route running as well. I thought he was a great route runner then but then I realized he's even better now. Back then Nicks didnt have much savvy getting off the line and didn't sell his routes well enough like he does now

Kids so young and getting better every year. Phenomenal

gmen0820
04-07-2012, 04:51 PM

Yeah, I was watching some 2010 games recently well and I was impressed how much better Nicks became at a route running as well. I thought he was a great route runner then but then I realized he's even better now. Back then Nicks didnt have much savvy getting off the line and didn't sell his routes well enough like he does now

Kids so young and getting better every year. PhenomenalYeah but I'll tell you what, the selling the route thing you allude to was on display in 2010, just not as much. I mean Nicks flashed deception a lot, which is unheard of for a 2nd year vet. I mean I thought Nicks was a star in 2010, but man in 2011 he took a leap -- the kid is special.

As for 2010, you have to go back and watch that Chicago game. I saw on a couple occasions him show veteran deception with head fakes and everything. It was a spectacle. I said at the time that Eli and Nicks were gonna be a special duo, and they will continue to thrive now that I revisit that assertion a year later. Phenomenal is right.

gmen0820
04-07-2012, 05:01 PM
And Redeye, imagine the prospects of having Nicks, Randle, and Cruz -- who all can get open without interdependence to scheme manipulation (ahem: Jordy Nelson). That is too tough to defend.

Shockeystays08
04-07-2012, 06:43 PM
And Redeye, imagine the prospects of having Nicks, Randle, and Cruz -- who all can get open without interdependence to scheme manipulation (ahem: Jordy Nelson). That is too tough to defend.

I think Randle would be a mistake. I have seen him often. He is usually shut down by better corners in the SEC. He did little against the better teams in the SEC, what happens when he faces the NFL's best?. IMHO whoever we draft at WR it will be Cruz Hicks and Jernigan lining up in the 3 set and hopefully our newbie will be able to spell Nicks when he's hurt or Cruz when he is in the slot if Jernigan doesn't cut it. I think JJ will produce.

slipknottin
04-07-2012, 06:53 PM
I think Randle would be a mistake. I have seen him often. He is usually shut down by better corners in the SEC.

I think it was more of a case of better SEC teams have more effective double teams against him.

He didnt exactly have quality QB play either

Redeyejedi
04-07-2012, 07:27 PM

Like WR Randle. Smooth, athletic, acceleration off the LOS. Belive he can win isolation routes on outside as "x". Similarities to H. Nicks.It surprises me that we are looking so heavily at X receivers. I wonder how expensive our FO sees Nicks to be in the upcoming years.

But let me ask you something, do you see Jeffrey as a deep threat in any capacity? I really don't see it, I see a lot of limitations in his game. He isn't quick, I wouldn't even call him a build up speed guy (like Nicks you could say), and he doesn't get separation.

Now I am not speaking to a take the top off a C2 defense type deep threat, but Nicks is certainly a deep threat, but he gets separation, savvy route runner and has good hands.Nicks is going to cost the Giants a fortune. I dont think they can let him go though, Id be very upset if they did. Maybe they are just hedging their bet just in case.

Jeffery is down to 215 Id love to see what he looks like at that weight. If U watch 2010 games Jeffery generated more space from defenders. This year he was clearly to heavy,maybe even out of shape and he didnt look good. From the 2011 games he clearly isnt dynamic enough. He would be rather limited.Maybe just a red zone 3rd down guy.

gmen0820
04-07-2012, 07:55 PM

Now I am not speaking to a take the top off a C2 defense type deep threat, but Nicks is certainly a deep threat, but he gets separation, savvy route runner and has good hands.Nicks is going to cost the Giants a fortune. I dont think they can let him go though, Id be very upset if they did. Maybe they are just hedging their bet just in case.

Jeffery is down to 215 Id love to see what he looks like at that weight. If U watch 2010 games Jeffery generated more space from defenders. This year he was clearly to heavy,maybe even out of shape and he didnt look good. From the 2011 games he clearly isnt dynamic enough. He would be rather limited.Maybe just a red zone 3rd down guy.Yeah I can't really attest to that many players 2010 seasons since I didn't scout (so to speak) skill positions so heavily that year.

But I don't know. If Jeffrey can maintain his weight now, and rest assured the Giants would require that, than we could have a playmaker. Send him to the Browns -- not so much.