PDA

View Full Version : Flacco pulls an Eli

rebelfan1966
04-04-2012, 10:24 AM
http://www.csnbaltimore.com/xfinity/Flacco-on-Flacco-Without-a-doubt-top-5?blockID=682272&feedID=6876

GMENAGAIN
04-04-2012, 10:31 AM
Not really . . . he said that he is "the best QB" . . . . Eli said only that he felt that he was in the same class as other elite QB's like Brady.</P>

</P>

TuckYou
04-04-2012, 10:57 AM
Well, Eli proved himself, Flacco needs to step it up.

Morehead State
04-04-2012, 11:04 AM
http://www.csnbaltimore.com/xfinity/Flacco-on-Flacco-Without-a-doubt-top-5?blockID=682272&amp;feedID=6876</P>

Well it worked for Eli. He said it, then elevated his game to back it up.</P>

Maybe Flacco is hoping for the same result.</P>

gumby742
04-04-2012, 11:10 AM
We'll see. I don't think anyone can blame him for saying what he did.</P>

That being said, from what I've seen, Eli's cieling/ceiling? was much higher then Flacco's, imo. I can't envision Flacco making that rediculous throw to Manningham in the SB, or Ben's throw to Holmes in the back of the Endzone in their SB win. But, I haven't watched Flacco enough.</P>

WR4Life
04-04-2012, 11:50 AM
I mean, I've heard some criticism but does anyone else feel like he is being criticized a lot less for saying he is the best than Eli was for saying he was in Tom Brady's class?

CTLadyBlue
04-04-2012, 11:56 AM
I mean, I've heard some criticism but does anyone else feel like he is being criticized a lot less for saying he is the best than Eli was for saying he was in Tom Brady's class?

Absolutely! Sheesh, when Eli said it everyone acted as if he was proclaiming to be a Unitis/Montana clone. Saying you think you're 'elite' as opposed to saying you're 'the best' are complete opposite ends of the spectrum. Flacco should be getting verbally crucified to say he's THE BEST - translation: he's BETTER THAN Brady, Peyton, Rodgers, Brees and YES EVEN ELI. At least Eli had a SB under his belt when he said that. Flacco has squat

And...on a shallow 12 year old note, am I the only one who thinks Flacco sounds like a cross between flaccid and flatulance? No one? Just me? Okay, then I'm twelve

WR4Life
04-04-2012, 12:02 PM

Absolutely!* Sheesh, when Eli said it everyone acted as if he was proclaiming to be a Unitis/Montana clone.* Saying you think you're 'elite' as opposed to saying you're 'the best' are complete opposite ends of the spectrum.* Flacco should be getting verbally crucified to say he's THE BEST - translation:* he's BETTER THAN Brady, Peyton, Rodgers, Brees and YES EVEN ELI.* At least Eli had a SB under his belt when he said that.* Flacco has squat

And...on a shallow 12 year old note, am I the only one who thinks Flacco sounds like a cross between flaccid and flatulance?* No one?* Just me?* Okay, then I'm twelve

Can't say I ever thought of it that way but you can probably bet it'll be in the back of my head now. But yeah. I feel like he said it and then it just disappeared. Don't really understand that one.

TuckYou
04-04-2012, 12:39 PM
I mean, I've heard some criticism but does anyone else feel like he is being criticized a lot less for saying he is the best than Eli was for saying he was in Tom Brady's class?</P>

Of course.</P>

Eli was from Ole Miss, plays for a great storied franchise in NY and was the first pick overall, then traded. </P>

Flacco was a kid with a big arm from Deleware taken late in the 1st. A lot less expectations. ESPN wont cover it like they covered the "Is Eli Elite?" crap. "Is Flacco the Best?" just doesnt have the same appeal. </P>

JPP
04-04-2012, 12:51 PM
I mean, I've heard some criticism but does anyone else feel like he is being criticized a lot less for saying he is the best than Eli was for saying he was in Tom Brady's class?</P>

Of course.</P>

Eli was from Ole Miss, plays for a great storied franchise in NY and was the first pick overall, then traded. </P>

Flacco was a kid with a big arm from Deleware taken late in the 1st. A lot less expectations. ESPN wont cover it like they covered the "Is Eli Elite?" crap. "Is Flacco the Best?" just doesnt have the same appeal. </P>

Plus Eli already broke that wall down it isn't like FLacco is trudging new ground. Plus I bet after Eli proving most of them(analysts) wrong they are probably being careful, especially with the team Flacco has around him they are a contender every year and could make you look stupid one of these years.

yoeddy
04-04-2012, 12:54 PM
Vick said the same recently too:

http://gcobb.com/2012/04/01/michael-vick-says-hes-one-of-the-nfls-best-qbs-but-is-he/

Seems like everyone is trying to copy Eli...

ny06
04-04-2012, 12:54 PM
Flacco is not even the best qb in his division. </P>

http://www.realclearsports.com/blognetwork/rcs_sidelines/Ben%20Roethlisberger%202004.jpg</P>

gumby742
04-04-2012, 01:36 PM

Absolutely! Sheesh, when Eli said it everyone acted as if he was proclaiming to be a Unitis/Montana clone. Saying you think you're 'elite' as opposed to saying you're 'the best' are complete opposite ends of the spectrum. Flacco should be getting verbally crucified to say he's THE BEST - translation: he's BETTER THAN Brady, Peyton, Rodgers, Brees and YES EVEN ELI. At least Eli had a SB under his belt when he said that. Flacco has squat

And...on a shallow 12 year old note, am I the only one who thinks Flacco sounds like a cross between flaccid and flatulance? No one? Just me? Okay, then I'm twelve
</P>

This is true. Eli got absolutely mauled. Makes you wonder if people think Flacco is that much better then 2010 Eli. Haha. Absolutely a troll attempt.</P>

rebelfan1966
04-04-2012, 03:04 PM
http://www.csnbaltimore.com/xfinity/Flacco-on-Flacco-Without-a-doubt-top-5?blockID=682272&feedID=6876</P>

Well it worked for Eli.* He said it, then elevated his game to back it up.</P>

Maybe Flacco is hoping for the same result.</P>

That is the thing about these types of comments..... once made.... one of two things are going to happen... 1. you back it up and look brilliant, or ..... 2. You fall on your sword and the entire football world scoffs at you.

jomo
04-04-2012, 03:10 PM
The thing is, now he's gotta back it up. Good luck!

P.S. I've got a bad attitude when it comes to Flacco since he knocked me out of my surviror pool last year with a pathetic showing against Jacksonville where he was something like 6 for 31 and 89 yards plus picks.

GCGiant
04-04-2012, 04:30 PM
You say that Flacco pulled an "Eli"? All Eli did was answer a question that was presented to him. It wasn't like he called a reporter and said what he said.

THE_New_York_Giants
04-04-2012, 04:46 PM
Flacco is not even the best qb in his division. </P>

http://www.realclearsports.com/blognetwork/rcs_sidelines/Ben%20Roethlisberger%202004.jpg</P>
Dalton is really good as well.

Toadofsteel
04-04-2012, 04:48 PM
I think the media crucified Eli for his comment in last year's offseason because it was the one hook they were able to get on the guy in 7 or so years of being around. The man is made of freaking Teflon. Flacco is just a joke...

Also lol at that philly article for listing Brady Peyton Brees Rodgers Roethlisberger Rivers Vick Romo Flacco and MATTY FREAKING ICE (roflmao) as the premier QB's in the NFL without so much of a mention of Eli. ****in Filthy Eagles fans...

JPizzack
04-04-2012, 04:51 PM
Flacco is hardly a top 15 QB.....

Baltimore sure talks alot. During the playoffs, all the talk about Reed vs. Flacco, and if it was motivation or whatever...

NYG55nwo
04-05-2012, 10:02 AM
If flacco pulled an Eli... i guess the ravens will win the superbowl next season.

chasjay
04-05-2012, 10:51 AM

There is a lot less talk about Flacco's statement for several reasons. I think one aspect is that when Eli said he considered himself to be among the handful of top-flight QB's in the NFL, it was an opinion that could be legitimately debated among football fans who had positions on each side of the question. While I don't fault Flacco for saying that he's the best QB in the league, the statement is not worthy of debate - I doubt that Flacco's family even agrees with the premise.

Another reason that there has been less reaction is that fans of different teams throughout the league have opinions about Eli. Flacco interest is more confined to Baltimore, other AFC North teams' fans, and Flacco's college and high school followings. No knock on Flacco - it's just how it is.

MikeIsaGiant
04-05-2012, 01:25 PM
Except Flacco sucks