PDA

View Full Version : Hakkem Nicks Playoff Performance

titwio
04-04-2012, 07:26 PM
I figured these boards could use a little more "Giants Football talk" so...I was wondering today about how Hakeem Nicks's playoff performance ranked against some of the better WR playoff performances of all time.

He gets credit from other teams yeah but, to me he his performance seems a bit under the radar with some analysts, commentators and more so others fans who mention more of Eli, Cruz, JPP and Tuck's involvement in the run... to be honest.

Falcons: 6rec's 115yds 2TD's
Packers: 7rec's 165yds 2TD's
49ers: 5rec's 55 yds
Patriots: 10rec's 109yds

Total: 28 rec's 444yds 4TD's....(Big play TD rec's for 72, 66 and 37 yards)

Is his performance up there with the greater playoff performances? Should he be getting more credit also...

JPizzack
04-04-2012, 07:32 PM
I figured these boards could use a little more "Giants Football talk" so...I was wondering today about how Hakeem Nicks's playoff performance ranked against some of the better WR playoff performances of all time. He gets credit from other teams yeah but, to me he his performance seems a bit under the radar with some analysts, commentators and more so others fans who mention more of Eli, Cruz, JPP and Tuck involvement in the run... to be honest. Falcons: 6rec's 115yds 2TD's Packers: 7rec's 165yds 2TD's 49ers: 5rec's 55 yds Patriots: 10rec's 109yds Total: 28 rec's 444yds 4TD's Is his performance up there with the greater playoff performances? Should he be getting more credit also...</P>

I like your post....but, do you have anything to compare it to without me figuring out what some of the best WR playoff performances were? I have a very short term memory unfortunately, so without something to to spark memories of say a Jerry Rice playoff run....I dont know who to compare him to lol</P>

titwio
04-04-2012, 07:40 PM
do you have anything to compare it to without me figuring out what some of the best WR playoff performances were?

Damn...I was hoping that's where you'd come in lol. I figured there would be some notable performances like Rice/Torry Holt or something...

Ugh, I was hoping some of you guys would know of some so...If people have no mentions (which I find hard to believe on a football board), I'll hit up Google and see what I can find to compare him to.

VegasGmen
04-04-2012, 08:21 PM
In the 1989 SB Rice had 7 catches for about 125 ydsand 3 td's. Thats not bad for the big show.

patman_jones
04-04-2012, 08:22 PM
Fitzgerald had 30 receptions, 546 yards and 7 touchdowns, with 100+ yards in all 4 games he played, I think those are the best numbers of any playoff season, so Hakeem is close, just not quite there yet

slipknottin
04-04-2012, 08:29 PM
2nd best playoff performance of all time.

titwio
04-04-2012, 08:30 PM
Fitzgerald had 30 receptions, 546 yards and 7 touchdowns, with 100+ yards in all 4 games he played, I think those are the best numbers of any playoff season, so Hakeem is close, just not quite there yet

Yeah I was just coming to post this...Fitz had a phenomenal run.

logan9839
04-04-2012, 09:03 PM
Great post. Geez, did not fully grasp he was having one of the greatest WR playoff performances of all time. We are very lucky to have this team.

b_ELI_eve
04-04-2012, 09:39 PM
Flying under the radar is exactly what he wants to do. No Twitter, Facebook, commercials or photo shoots.

He just brings his best every Sunday and doesn't say or do much else. We are extremely lucky to have him!

titwio
04-05-2012, 02:07 AM
Just found out from another site that Hakeem Nicks performance in the 2012 playoffs ranks him 2nd in receiving yards, 2nd in receptions and 5th in Touchdowns All-Time...Not bad at all.

Too bad he got hurt in the San Fran game. Maybe he could have gave Fitz a run for his money...

giantsfan420
04-05-2012, 03:13 AM
i created this same exact thread a month or so ago, I believe it was the greatest performance by a WR in playoff/SB history especially bc unlike Fitz, Nicks actually won. I know that Fitz did more than his share to lead the Cards to a win, but they didnt and we did.

plus, Nicks recieved a ton of attention in the SB and still killed it.

VS ATL/GB, Nicks had 2 HUGE catch and runs for the TD, plus that hail mary td...

when i created my thread on this, people pointed to Fitz's run and Jerry Rice's run but to me, a huge giants homer, i give the nod to Nicks...he was flat out dominant and we're lucky to have him. he could be the best WR in the nfl with the way he continues to develop, an amazing possession WR with amazing deep play ability whose fearless over the middle...

GiantWarfare
04-05-2012, 03:16 AM
Flying under the radar is exactly what he wants to do. No Twitter, Facebook, commercials or photo shoots.

He just brings his best every Sunday and doesn't say or do much else. We are extremely lucky to have him!

+1

AllTuckedUp
04-05-2012, 08:15 AM

He did a got milk ad!

nhpgiantsfan
04-05-2012, 10:11 AM
i created this same exact thread a month or so ago, I believe it was the greatest performance by a WR in playoff/SB history especially bc unlike Fitz, Nicks actually won. I know that Fitz did more than his share to lead the Cards to a win, but they didnt and we did. plus, Nicks recieved a ton of attention in the SB and still killed it. VS ATL/GB, Nicks had 2 HUGE catch and runs for the TD, plus that hail mary td... when i created my thread on this, people pointed to Fitz's run and Jerry Rice's run but to me, a huge giants homer, i give the nod to Nicks...he was flat out dominant and we're lucky to have him. he could be the best WR in the nfl with the way he continues to develop, an amazing possession WR with amazing deep play ability whose fearless over the middle...</P>

I have to disagree with you about Nicks' perfomance being the best, simply because we won. When comparing players stats from year to year, I don't think it's fair to penalize Fitz because the Cardinals didnt win. It doesn't take anything away from his personal WR statistics. Obviously he did his part. He had 7 catches for 127 yards and 2 TD's in the SB, against the number 1 ranked defense in the league. A defense that received a lot of praise. Let me remind you that the patriots had the worst secondary in football this year. I love Nick's, he is a beast. I also think Cruz with his feel good story, salsa dancing, and the fact that he broke a Giant receiving record this year, kind of stole some of the spotlight from Nicks. </P>

However, all this aside, Fitz's performance that year is one that will be very hard to match.</P>

gumby742
04-05-2012, 10:16 AM
imo, people don't give him enough credit for helping Cruz to get as many catches as he has.

BlueJayC
04-05-2012, 10:18 AM
i created this same exact thread a month or so ago</P>

+1....that you did and it was a great post back then as well......got lost in the hysteria that was the Giants 8th World Championship.</P>

b_ELI_eve
04-05-2012, 11:40 AM

He did a got milk ad!

Really? A commercial or a picture? The only thing I've ever really seen him on is the card trick video with that hot lady and the ESPN and Chris Carter video.