PDA

View Full Version : Ben Patrick... How do you feel now?

Shockeyitus
04-05-2012, 12:22 AM
That's karma for you, buddy. I don't recall ever getting a specific reasoning to your quiting on the Giants. But, thanks for leaving us high and dry and then allowing Ballard to be a gem for us.

Goodluck doing long division or whatever it is you're doing now.

slipknottin
04-05-2012, 12:24 AM
i thought i heard there were family issues.

I wouldnt go after the guy without knowing what he was dealing with.

Shockeyitus
04-05-2012, 12:33 AM

All I ever saw/read were that it was due to "personal issues".. Until he comes out and says family, dog or found Jesus, he's still unprofessional in my book. Giants wasted precise time on him, when they could have directed there attention elsewhere. Granted we still have a SB win, but Patrick should have never signed in the first place.

C1010
04-05-2012, 12:43 AM
He made the best decision for himself. I have no problems with it. its funny you mentioned Karma, I heard he saved someone's life recently.

scoopscj
04-05-2012, 01:39 AM
No ill will. I think he signed, then regretted it due to whatever reason. Personal, professional, or something else. Us fans will never know and nor should we.

He made a decision that worked out for our team, let's be happy with our success and not dwell on others misfortune.

That's just my 2 cents.

Scoops

slipknottin
04-05-2012, 01:45 AM
He made the best decision for himself. I have no problems with it. its funny you mentioned Karma, I heard he saved someone's life recently.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/ben-patrick-rescues-folks-were-trapped-overturned-van-184317255.html

GMENAGAIN
04-05-2012, 07:36 AM
Wow, what a completely ridiculous thread.

SweetZombieJesus
04-05-2012, 08:57 AM
I guess people are looking for the Tiki Barber judas and while it was insulting the way he copped out it's not like he signed somewhere else.

GameTime
04-05-2012, 09:24 AM
wow...</P>

you are going to rag on a guy who decided to retire??? Besides you even say Ballard was allowed to shine so how did Patrick leave the Giants high and dry? </P>

your attitude is pretty lame and uncalledforIMO</P>

NY_Eli
04-05-2012, 09:26 AM

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/ben-patrick-rescues-folks-were-trapped-overturned-van-184317255.html

lmao this completely destroys the op

GameTime
04-05-2012, 09:28 AM
wow...</P>

you are going to rag on a guy who decided to retire??? Besides you even say Ballard was allowed to shine so how did Patrick leave the Giants high and dry? Maybe he did the Giants a favor considering he didnt want to play. Would you rather he wasted a roster spot??</P>

As another board member pointed out he also help save some people from a car wreck. This further exemplifies that your post/thread is totally ridiculous.</P>

your attitude is pretty lame and uncalledforIMO</P>

JPizzack
04-05-2012, 10:07 AM
Today's /facepalm thread brought to you by "OP"

b_ELI_eve
04-05-2012, 08:14 PM
I love when threads backfire on the OP. Good work

FBomb
04-05-2012, 08:56 PM
Talk about some misplaced anger!!!</P>

You have no idea what the guy's life is like so you just assume the worst? </P>

B-Red22
04-05-2012, 10:14 PM
shouldn't we be thanking him since Ballard turned out so well for us?

JMFP2
04-05-2012, 10:56 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/ben-patrick-rescues-folks-were-trapped-overturned-van-184317255.html</P>

The dude's a hero.If the dude were still a Giant, he might not have been in a place to save these people (I saw that on an episode of Dr Who).</P>

T-Murda84
04-07-2012, 02:13 AM
Did thread is ridiculous....at the end of the day football is a just a game and Patrick had his own personal issues. Its fans like u that make me sick. The same fans that wished bad luck and threatened Steve Smith and his family when he went to the Eagles. Do us a favor and find a cliff to jump off.

Toadofsteel
04-07-2012, 02:21 AM
Why are we ripping on a guy that only retired? It's not like he dropped a bombshell mid-season a la tiki, nor was he an outright TRAITOR like steve smith... if anything, SS12 is what this thread should be about.

T-Murda84
04-07-2012, 02:36 AM
Why are we ripping on a guy that only retired? It's not like he dropped a bombshell mid-season a la tiki, nor was he an outright TRAITOR like steve smith... if anything, SS12 is what this thread should be about.

Steve Smith doesnt deserve that either....the Giants had the choice to match the offer the Eagles made and they chose not too. Steve Smith knew that the Giants didnt have much room in the cap. I'm a fan and I knew this and predicted us to be against the cap this year as well...it doesnt take a rocket scientist.

Our offseason strategy is to draft young talent, restructure proven veterans contracts and make them disgruntled during the season which leads them to getting cut if they dont restruture, and if a veteran outperforms his contract....we dont reward the player and hopefully their knees blow out as there contract starts to expire. Its a business....its rough but its a business. If u was a NFL player, and u contract expired....you would test the free agent market as well. The NFL shows no loyalty to guys who changed the face of their original franchises....Peyton Manning, Mcnabb, etc. So dont call players traitors....because as we speak we are lucky Victor Cruz is not holding out or even Kenny Phillips because they should be.

BeatYale
04-07-2012, 04:20 PM

+1

Everyone just assumes he was wrong for doing what he did without knowing for a fact what the personal issues were. Maybe it was family problems, maybe an embarrassing health issue that he didn't want to make public.

Leave the man alone lol.

ShakeNBake
04-07-2012, 04:40 PM

Steve Smith doesnt deserve that either....the Giants had the choice to match the offer the Eagles made and they chose not too. Steve Smith knew that the Giants didnt have much room in the cap. I'm a fan and I knew this and predicted us to be against the cap this year as well...it doesnt take a rocket scientist.

Our offseason strategy is to draft young talent, restructure proven veterans contracts and make them disgruntled during the season which leads them to getting cut if they dont restruture, and if a veteran outperforms his contract....we dont reward the player and hopefully their knees blow out as there contract starts to expire. Its a business....its rough but its a business. If u was a NFL player, and u contract expired....you would test the free agent market as well. The NFL shows no loyalty to guys who changed the face of their original franchises....Peyton Manning, Mcnabb, etc. So dont call players traitors....because as we speak we are lucky Victor Cruz is not holding out or even Kenny Phillips because they should be.

Maybe fans wouldn't hate steve smith if he didn't bad mouth the eagles so much while proclaiming his love for the giants. Then a few weeks later the guy signs with the team that he was badmouthing all along who is our biggest rival. The guy also went and called our GM a liar as well. I know things usually fly over your head, but even I am surprised that you cant comprehend why giant fans hold a grudge against smith.

keyofgmen
04-07-2012, 06:06 PM
Should be a way an OP could delete the thread they started...or at least take a breathalizer before starting one!

Toadofsteel
04-07-2012, 10:23 PM

Maybe fans wouldn't hate steve smith if he didn't bad mouth the eagles so much while proclaiming his love for the giants. Then a few weeks later the guy signs with the team that he was badmouthing all along who is our biggest rival. The guy also went and called our GM a liar as well. I know things usually fly over your head, but even I am surprised that you cant comprehend why giant fans hold a grudge against smith.

This. Signing with a rival team isn't what made him a traitor. I don't consider Burress a traitor. As of yet I don't see Jacobs or Manningham as traitors (I'll reserve judgment until after the giants go to the Stick again though). It's the fact that SS12 burned the bridge with high-grade thermite on his way out that makes me angry. I'm surprised there's so many fans calling to bring him back...

T-Murda84
04-08-2012, 01:24 AM

Maybe Jerry Reese is a liar.....Osi Umenyiora called Reese a liar as well and alot of former Giant players are not to fond of Reese. I do not believe Reese offered Steve Smith a big contract a year prior to his injury and I refused to believe the Giants wanted him anyway. They waited forever to even offer him something and Coughlin said it would be a long haul before Smith even sniff the field. I think the Giants were hoping to scare teams off because we knew that we didnt have enough money in the cap to even compete in the free agent market.

It worked out fortunately that Brandon Stokley, Ramses Barden, and Mario Manningham got hurt and Jerrell Jernigan wasnt ready for Victor Cruz to finally get his chance. We were lucky not to have let Cruz go because of all the injuries...it kind of like the Jeremy Lin story. Hopefully, Cruz and Reese doesnt butt heads because I think it might.

Drez
04-08-2012, 02:06 AM
Steve Smith doesnt deserve that either....the Giants had the choice to match the offer the Eagles made and they chose not too. No, they didn't. Smith never brought the contract back for the Giants to match. Please pretend to know what you're talking about.

FBomb
04-08-2012, 02:41 PM
Why are we ripping on a guy that only retired? It's not like he dropped a bombshell mid-season a la tiki, nor was he an outright TRAITOR like steve smith... if anything, SS12 is what this thread should be about. Steve Smith doesnt deserve that either....the Giants had the choice to match the offer the Eagles made and they chose not too. Steve Smith knew that the Giants didnt have much room in the cap. I'm a fan and I knew this and predicted us to be against the cap this year as well...it doesnt take a rocket scientist. Our offseason strategy is to draft young talent, restructure proven veterans contracts and make them disgruntled during the season which leads them to getting cut if they dont restruture, and if a veteran outperforms his contract....we dont reward the player and hopefully their knees blow out as there contract starts to expire. Its a business....its rough but its a business. If u was a NFL player, and u contract expired....you would test the free agent market as well. The NFL shows no loyalty to guys who changed the face of their original franchises....Peyton Manning, Mcnabb, etc. So dont call players traitors....because as we speak we are lucky Victor Cruz is not holding out or even Kenny Phillips because they should be.

</P>

Because he's a Eagles fan.....always has been. </P>

ShakeNBake
04-08-2012, 02:53 PM
Why are we ripping on a guy that only retired? It's not like he dropped a bombshell mid-season a la tiki, nor was he an outright TRAITOR like steve smith... if anything, SS12 is what this thread should be about. Steve Smith doesnt deserve that either....the Giants had the choice to match the offer the Eagles made and they chose not too. Steve Smith knew that the Giants didnt have much room in the cap. I'm a fan and I knew this and predicted us to be against the cap this year as well...it doesnt take a rocket scientist. Our offseason strategy is to draft young talent, restructure proven veterans contracts and make them disgruntled during the season which leads them to getting cut if they dont restruture, and if a veteran outperforms his contract....we dont reward the player and hopefully their knees blow out as there contract starts to expire. Its a business....its rough but its a business. If u was a NFL player, and u contract expired....you would test the free agent market as well. The NFL shows no loyalty to guys who changed the face of their original franchises....Peyton Manning, Mcnabb, etc. So dont call players traitors....because as we speak we are lucky Victor Cruz is not holding out or even Kenny Phillips because they should be.

</p>

Because he's a Eagles fan.....always has been. </p>

Yeah an Eagle fan who doesn't know what hes talking about, its almost redundant.

B-Red22
04-08-2012, 03:42 PM
Why are we ripping on a guy that only retired? It's not like he dropped a bombshell mid-season a la tiki, nor was he an outright TRAITOR like steve smith... if anything, SS12 is what this thread should be about. Steve Smith doesnt deserve that either....the Giants had the choice to match the offer the Eagles made and they chose not too. Steve Smith knew that the Giants didnt have much room in the cap. I'm a fan and I knew this and predicted us to be against the cap this year as well...it doesnt take a rocket scientist. Our offseason strategy is to draft young talent, restructure proven veterans contracts and make them disgruntled during the season which leads them to getting cut if they dont restruture, and if a veteran outperforms his contract....we dont reward the player and hopefully their knees blow out as there contract starts to expire. Its a business....its rough but its a business. If u was a NFL player, and u contract expired....you would test the free agent market as well. The NFL shows no loyalty to guys who changed the face of their original franchises....Peyton Manning, Mcnabb, etc. So dont call players traitors....because as we speak we are lucky Victor Cruz is not holding out or even Kenny Phillips because they should be.</P>

</P>

Noooo if you remember the Giants were never given a chance to match the offer, thats why everyone was pissed about it.</P>

T-Murda84
04-09-2012, 09:38 PM
With What Cap Space was they going to match it with?!?! That was just an excuse to keep us from dogging Jerry Reese. We could not win a bidding war with the Eagles...the Eagles had waaay too much cap space...Didnt u see all the contracts they gave out last year?

But in the long run we got lucky finding Victor Cruz. I just hope Reese doesnt do the same thing to Victor Cruz. Eli Manning is just a great QB too....Reese is lucky to have him because my QBs are unsuccessful when they lose their slot receiver and tight end in the same season

Drez
04-09-2012, 09:52 PM
With What Cap Space was they going to match it with?!?! That was just an excuse to keep us from dogging Jerry Reese. We could not win a bidding war with the Eagles...the Eagles had waaay too much cap space...Didnt u see all the contracts they gave out last year?

But in the long run we got lucky finding Victor Cruz. I just hope Reese doesnt do the same thing to Victor Cruz. Eli Manning is just a great QB too....Reese is lucky to have him because my QBs are unsuccessful when they lose their slot receiver and tight end in the same season
You really are ignorant.

JimC
04-10-2012, 01:19 PM

Steve Smith doesnt deserve that either....the <font color="#0000FF" size="4">Giants had the choice to match the offer the Eagles made and they chose not too.</font> Steve Smith knew that the Giants didnt have much room in the cap. I'm a fan and I knew this and predicted us to be against the cap this year as well...it doesnt take a rocket scientist.

I believe this is a false statement. The Giants never got the chance to match the offer for whatever reason.