PDA

View Full Version : Mock draft 3.0

XxBigWhitxX
04-05-2012, 03:27 PM
Round 1

Alshon Jeffery WR CAR

Well JR couldn't luck out 2 yrs in a row. there wasn't too much reaching in the first round and the giants were stuck in a predicament so the go for a guy that has the talent in Alshon Jeffery. Ge's a big target that can line up outside and be a dynamic weapon for Eli. Reese and co came from their interview with Jeffery feeling that his drop in production was do to the horrific QB play at SC and see a bright future with Jeffery.

Round 2

Brandon Brooks OG Miami (OH)

Massive and powerful kid who has played both tackle and guard. has surprisingly good footwork for his size and can dominate at the POA. as he size and ability to be a starter day one if he refines a couple technique issues.

Round 3

Micheal Egnew TE Mizzou

Big TE with good hands and route running ability and has grown as a blocker acording to coaches. has had a down year due to bad QB play but has shown the ability to be dominent and gives us more depth at the TE spot.

Round 4

A. James Micheal Johnson MLB NEV

Has good size and quickness, sure tackler and a leader of his defense, great run defender that can pursue sideline to side line and track ballcarriers. average cover skills help him not be a liability in coverage.

B. Robert Turbin RB

Big physical back with deceptive quickness that can fill in on short yardage and change of pace. has good hands to be a receiver out of the backfield and never shys away from contact.

Round 5

Omar Bolden CB ASU

Has good top end speed and agility to stay in WR's hip pockets and has good ball skills to make a play. good in run support because he can disengage from wr and pursue the ball carrier.

Round 6

Donte Paige- Moss DE UNC

Long defensive end that has all the tools to develop into a starter in the league. Has had a bit of an attitude problem and has wound him up in the dog house with his coach. but as a guy who was a former first round talent and is a HIGH Reward kind of guy.

7. Ronnie Cameron DT OLD DOMINION

Penetrating force that can get in the backfield and attack the RB and QB. has great quickness and gut off to and can be a potential contributor.

GGTM_1977
04-05-2012, 03:42 PM
Keep in mind I have NO expertise with college players AT ALL......NONE. But I feel like form what I have gleaned from people on the board, and where I have seen players rank on the overall draft board......this looks good. You address needs for OL, TE, RB and LB. I actually have had us going for a CB and a S.....but as long as we get one of the 2 I think we are ok. Then you add potentially good depth to our DL......aok to me.

XxBigWhitxX
04-05-2012, 04:15 PM
Keep in mind I have NO expertise with college players AT ALL......NONE. But I feel like form what I have gleaned from people on the board, and where I have seen players rank on the overall draft board......this looks good. You address needs for OL, TE, RB and LB. I actually have had us going for a CB and a S.....but as long as we get one of the 2 I think we are ok. Then you add potentially good depth to our DL......aok to me.Thank you sir.

critters
04-05-2012, 05:21 PM
Good draft. I would have a personal preference of Demario Davis over JMJ, but I do like him. I would also prefer we get Dequan Menzie if we go CB that late. He can play CB or safety and I think he'd be excellent at either option. He dropped off some people's radar because of his 40 time but Nick Saban has always praised the guy and said recently that the 40 time is overrated because he had never seen Menzie get beat once because of his speed.

I'm getting more excited about Turbin and I think Egnew could be great TE for us.

There are other guys I like more than Brooks, but I like you addressed the OL... we definitely need to be looking at a guy that can play tackle early on.

Ronnie Cameron was not a guy on my radar. But in the 7th round, I'll take whatever.

GiantPride27
04-06-2012, 11:30 AM
Round 1

Alshon Jeffery WR CAR

Well JR couldn't luck out 2 yrs in a row. there wasn't too much reaching in the first round and the giants were stuck in a predicament so the go for a guy that has the talent in Alshon Jeffery. Ge's a big target that can line up outside and be a dynamic weapon for Eli. Reese and co came from their interview with Jeffery feeling that his drop in production was do to the horrific QB play at SC and see a bright future with Jeffery.

Round 2

Massive and powerful kid who has played both tackle and guard. has surprisingly good footwork for his size and can dominate at the POA. as he size and ability to be a starter day one if he refines a couple technique issues.

Round 3

Micheal Egnew TE Mizzou

Big TE with good hands and route running ability and has grown as a blocker acording to coaches. has had a down year due to bad QB play but has shown the ability to be dominent and gives us more depth at the TE spot.

Round 4

Has good size and quickness, sure tackler and a leader of his defense, great run defender that can pursue sideline to side line and track ballcarriers. average cover skills help him not be a liability in coverage.

B. Robert Turbin RB

Big physical back with deceptive quickness that can fill in on short yardage and change of pace. has good hands to be a receiver out of the backfield and never shys away from contact.

Round 5

Omar Bolden CB ASU

Has good top end speed and agility to stay in WR's hip pockets and has good ball skills to make a play. good in run support because he can disengage from wr and pursue the ball carrier.

Round 6

Donte Paige- Moss DE UNC

Long defensive end that has all the tools to develop into a starter in the league. Has had a bit of an attitude problem and has wound him up in the dog house with his coach. but as a guy who was a former first round talent and is a HIGH Reward kind of guy.

Penetrating force that can get in the backfield and attack the RB and QB. has great quickness and gut off to and can be a potential contributor.

1- Jeffery - id be okay with that. that would give us the best recieving corp in the league

2- Brooks - I like this pick. i would rather have osheleme but i think he will be gone and brooks is HUGE

3- Egnew - I hate this pick. not a fan of him. looked bad in catching drills when i watched him at the combine. Id rather take Green. Egnew is a 5th rounder in my opinion and i wouldnt waste a pick on him. beckem 2.0

4 - I like the ILB JMJ but i love robert torbin. he is a breat who can run through people. i pray the giants pick him up. big bruiser who can replace BJ (be better)

5 - I thought Bolden was ranked much higher than this. and I dont see much need for DB help. JR resigned a plethera of CBS.

6 - love the pick. 1st round pick if it werent for his injury.

7. dont know much about him but im okay with DT depth

Kruunch
04-06-2012, 12:33 PM
I like your personel choices except for James Michael Johnson. Questionable level of competition and mxied results again that level.

He would be a total liability in coverage at the next level (imo) and a moderate liability (noticable) against the run.

I'm really not a fan of his (can ya tell?!).

XxBigWhitxX
04-06-2012, 03:44 PM
Round 1

Alshon Jeffery WR CAR

Round 2

Round 3

Micheal Egnew TE Mizzou

Round 4

B. Robert Turbin RB

Round 5

Omar Bolden CB ASU

Round 6

Donte Paige- Moss DE UNC

1- Jeffery - id be okay with that. that would give us the best recieving corp in the league

2- Brooks - I like this pick. i would rather have osheleme but i think he will be gone and brooks is HUGE

3- Egnew - I hate this pick. not a fan of him. looked bad in catching drills when i watched him at the combine. Id rather take Green. Egnew is a 5th rounder in my opinion and i wouldnt waste a pick on him. beckem 2.0

4 - I like the ILB JMJ but i love robert torbin. he is a breat who can run through people. i pray the giants pick him up. big bruiser who can replace BJ (be better)

5 - I thought Bolden was ranked much higher than this. and I dont see much need for DB help. JR resigned a plethera of CBS.

6 - love the pick. 1st round pick if it werent for his injury.

7. dont know much about him but im okay with DT depthBolden's injury history will plummet his stock but its good for us be cause we just want depth. And Egnew is a great TE that was under-used plus he has better size than Green and has the ability to be a very good blocker. And he might not have performed well in receiving drills but anyone who has watched him play knows he has no problem catching the ball.

Kruunch
04-06-2012, 04:16 PM
Bolden's injury history will plummet his stock but its good for us be cause we just want depth. And Egnew is a great TE that was under-used plus he has better size than Green and has the ability to be a very good blocker. And he might not have performed well in receiving drills but anyone who has watched him play knows he has no problem catching the ball.

Eh ... I've seen Egnew drop some that were right in the bread basket (maybe he was surprised his QB got it there?).

Green is a much better overall TE than Egnew is (imo) and it's much easier to coach up blocking then trying to train someone to have good hands.

Egnew's measurables though make him a real value in this draft for sure.