PDA

View Full Version : who is the best fit in our system for our SLB position?

deekay7685
04-05-2012, 04:53 PM
if we were to draft one of the following:

audie cole (nc st)

keenan robison (u texas)

nigel bradham (fla st)

ronnell lewis (okla u)

bobby wagner (utah st)

tank carder (tcu)

i think bradham and wagner are wlb
lewis and carder are suited for a 3-4d olb
robinson>cole imo

slipknottin
04-05-2012, 04:56 PM
Mathias Kiwanuka.

And conveniently enough, hes already on the team.

critters
04-05-2012, 05:22 PM
I don't think it's a position we need to draft.

myles2424
04-05-2012, 05:48 PM
kiwi is FA after this season....what do you suggest after that? What's with alot of people around here being Anti LB?......also who's the backup? Sintim? Wow

Neverend
04-05-2012, 06:06 PM
McCellin?

I dunno, I don't think the SLB has a specific role. They just get plugged out in nickel like most defenses

gmen0820
04-05-2012, 06:12 PM
What's with alot of people around here being Anti LB?It is arguably the last priority on defense.

I'd rather have a star DE, DT, CB, FS, and SS over a star SLB.

myles2424
04-05-2012, 06:15 PM
What's with alot of people around here being Anti LB?It is arguably the last priority on defense.

Yet we have more talent at every defensive position than LB....

gmen0820
04-05-2012, 06:22 PM

Yet we have more talent at every defensive position than LB....As do a lot of teams, it conveys what I had just said.

That doesn't mean we don't have a need at the higher priority positions, like S -- where Phillips will be a FA next year, and Rolle's cap number continues to grow. Or DT -- where Canty's cap number continues to grow and our second round pick in Austin hasn't played football in two years. Even CB -- where Webster is getting older and pricier, and T2 has knee issues, which leaves us with Prince Amukamara, who can be great, but is nonetheless unproven.

You point to Kiwi hitting FA, that is no different than KP hitting FA, or Canty being a possible cap casualty, or a possibly shady CB future. All of those options will have to be exhausted first before LBer becomes a significantly high priority for us.

myles2424
04-05-2012, 06:40 PM

Yet we have more talent at every defensive position than LB....As do a lot of teams, it conveys what I had just said.

That doesn't mean we don't have a need at the higher priority positions, like S -- where Phillips will be a FA next year, and Rolle's cap number continues to grow. Or DT -- where Canty's cap number continues to grow and our second round pick in Austin hasn't played football in two years. Even CB -- where Webster is getting older and pricier, and T2 has knee issues, which leaves us with Prince Amukamara, who can be great, but is nonetheless unproven.

You point to Kiwi hitting FA, that is no different than KP hitting FA, or Canty being a possible cap casualty, or a possibly shady CB future. All of those options will have to be exhausted first before LBer becomes a significantly high priority for us. guys with high cap hits can always be delt with.....
Difference between KP & Kiwi is, KP has a better shot of returning than kiwi does IMO....
Has everyone forgot the year Kiwi got off to before his injury? His injury was the only thing that allowed us to afford him in the first place.....unless we part ways with Osi after this season & pay Kiwi like a pass rusher, then there's a very good chance he's not a Giant in 2013.....kiwi is not going to stick around to be a LB making LB $$$ while teams are desperate for pass rushers...

lawl
04-05-2012, 08:24 PM

You point to Kiwi hitting FA, that is no different than KP hitting FA, or Canty being a possible cap casualty, or a possibly shady CB future. All of those options will have to be exhausted first before LBer becomes a significantly high priority for us. guys with high cap hits can always be delt with.....
Difference between KP & Kiwi is, KP has a better shot of returning than kiwi does IMO....
Has everyone forgot the year Kiwi got off to before his injury? His injury was the only thing that allowed us to afford him in the first place.....unless we part ways with Osi after this season & pay Kiwi like a pass rusher, then there's a very good chance he's not a Giant in 2013.....kiwi is not going to stick around to be a LB making LB $$$ while teams are desperate for pass rushers...

They can be dealt with by being cut. Meaning we need a Guy to play there. Any random scrub can play slb and we can still be successful. The same cannot be said about many other positions.

Kruunch
04-06-2012, 09:44 AM
if we were to draft one of the following:

audie cole (nc st)

keenan robison (u texas)

nigel bradham (fla st)

ronnell lewis (okla u)

bobby wagner (utah st)

tank carder (tcu)

i think bradham and wagner are wlb
lewis and carder are suited for a 3-4d olb
robinson>cole imo

I don't think SAM is a LBer position we need to draft for specifically. We already have our starter and depth at that position.

Having said that, I think Keenan Robinson is the best bang for the buck out of those mentioned and could probably play all 3 LBer spots.

NorwoodBlue
04-06-2012, 10:17 AM
Jacquan Williams perhaps? Or even Paysinger, it's not like we're weak at the position. These second year guys with a full preseason under their belts should be getting better all the time.

BPA all the way through this draft. That's how you build for the future, and improve special teams right away.

critters
04-06-2012, 12:07 PM
kiwi is FA after this season....what do you suggest after that? What's with alot of people around here being Anti LB?......also who's the backup? Sintim? Wow

I'm very far from being anti LB... I want to draft Dont'a Hightower with our first pick (if he's available)... I've also put Demario Davis in my mocks. I just think we need an ILB.