PDA

View Full Version : Pick your poison for WR.......

GGTM_1977
04-06-2012, 10:59 AM
Keep in mind, the first 3 rounds look the most promising....so which guy should we grab?

First Round:
Rueben Randle
Stephen Hill

Second Round:
Mohamed Sanu
Brian Quick

Third Round:
Juron Criner
Greg Childs
Ryan Broyles
Marvin Jones
A.J. Jenkins

Fourth Round:
Nick Toon

Rounds 5-6:
Marvin McNutt
Dwight Jones
Jeff Fuller
Tommy Streeter
DeVier Posey

Shockeystays08
04-06-2012, 11:07 AM
McNutt or Posey in 5or 6. You don't have Jordan White listed but he would be my top choice in 5-6. I don't see us taking one earlier unless it's a steal! Jernigan is our next poison!

GGTM_1977
04-06-2012, 11:14 AM
McNutt or Posey in 5or 6. You don't have Jordan White listed but he would be my top choice in 5-6. I don't see us taking one earlier unless it's a steal! Jernigan is our next poison!

Why wait so late to grab one? I hope JJ does turn into a good WR for us, but we still need quality depth behind Nicks/Cruz besides him and Barden, who I have no faith at all in......

Shockeystays08
04-06-2012, 11:27 AM

Why wait so late to grab one? I hope JJ does turn into a good WR for us, but we still need quality depth behind Nicks/Cruz besides him and Barden, who I have no faith at all in......

I think the type of WR we need will be avaiable at 5 maybe 6. You listed several good ones plus White. You don't like him? Great route runner great hands and out produced Greg Jennings at Western Michigan. I am not avaunt one earlier but don't see it happening in 1 or 2. I do like Childs always have .

Shockeystays08
04-06-2012, 11:29 AM
Avaunt ? That should be against!

NYG55nwo
04-06-2012, 11:29 AM
Keep in mind, the first 3 rounds look the most promising....so which guy should we grab? First Round: Rueben Randle Stephen Hill Second Round: Mohamed Sanu Brian Quick Third Round: Juron Criner Greg Childs Ryan Broyles Marvin Jones A.J. Jenkins Fourth Round: Nick Toon Rounds 5-6: Marvin McNutt Dwight Jones Jeff Fuller Tommy Streeter DeVier Posey</P>

I hope for Mohamed Sanu but that seems unlikely. To be honest with you, the only other WRI like out of the first two rounds is Marvin McNutt... I dont know why but thats just how i feel.</P>

Shockeystays08
04-06-2012, 11:33 AM
Mcnutt will be a good one. Not sure why he is projected so low. I see him as early as 3 and if it's us I'd be cool with that.

critters
04-06-2012, 11:55 AM
I like Sanu out of the options.

If we could get Streeter in the 5th or 6th, that would be HUGE IMO. Lots of potential and speed in that guy.

Two guys you didn't list that I really like are BJ Cunningham (Mich State) and Joe Adams (Arkansas). Adams is going to be a bigtime playmaker IMO. Cunningham would need to improve some things in his game but could be a good look in the late rounds.

Kruunch
04-06-2012, 01:06 PM
Sanu or Jeffery in the second would be awesome for the Giants.

I think I'd prefer Sanu (but I'm a Rutgers guy).

GGTM_1977
04-06-2012, 01:27 PM

Yeah but I don't think Jeffery will be there in the 2nd when we pick.........

G-Men Surg.
04-06-2012, 02:00 PM

I would love it but there's the possibility of both of them not being available at 63 .

myles2424
04-06-2012, 02:06 PM
Haven't we learned "projections" mean nothing.....unless a guy has hurt his stock %90 of the time he'll go higher than "projected".....
Guys like Streeter & mccnutt will not be going in the 5th & 6th...

G-Men Surg.
04-06-2012, 02:14 PM
Haven't we learned "projections" mean nothing.....unless a guy has hurt his stock %90 of the time he'll go higher than "projected".....
This. For example Jernigan was projected to be a 4 th or 5 th rounder and then Giants snatched him in the 3 rd. I can't recall the last time the Giants reached for someone and thats why Reese and Co. do a great job picking value in each round, that been said this years WR pool runs deep and I trust the Giants will not get trigger happy and reach for one. Interesting to see what the final outcome will be.

Kruunch
04-06-2012, 03:06 PM

Prince disagrees with you.

Kruunch
04-06-2012, 03:07 PM
This. For example Jernigan was projected to be a 4 th or 5 th rounder and then Giants snatched him in the 3 rd. I can't recall the last time the Giants reached for someone and thats why Reese and Co. do a great job picking value in each round, that been said this years WR pool runs deep and I trust the Giants will not get trigger happy and reach for one. Interesting to see what the final outcome will be.

Ramses Barden was a total reach. 5th round prospect at the time.

And don't forget ... for every player taken higher then projected, there is a player being taken lower then projected.

Spizi
04-07-2012, 11:38 AM
We really don't need a WR early. Just pick an athletic freak in rounds 4-7 because really anyone will excel with Nicks and Cruz.