PDA

View Full Version : Salary Cap question

DaveBrown
04-06-2012, 11:14 AM
Just wondering why it seems the Giants are up against the cap every offseason. Last time I can remember the Giants being aggressive in free agency was when Accorsi brought in Mckenzie, Plax, & Pierce in one offseason. I'm not complaining about Reese because his process obviously works. I know a lot of the homegrown guys are locked up long term but they can't be the only teams that do it. Just curious because with our core in place you'd love to see one or two areas plugged in with a veteran sometimes.

RoanokeFan
04-06-2012, 12:01 PM
Just wondering why it seems the Giants are up against the cap every offseason. Last time I can remember the Giants being aggressive in free agency was when Accorsi brought in Mckenzie, Plax, & Pierce in one offseason. I'm not complaining about Reese because his process obviously works. I know a lot of the homegrown guys are locked up long term but they can't be the only teams that do it. Just curious because with our core in place you'd love to see one or two areas plugged in with a veteran sometimes.

Going as far back as George Young, free agency was not how the GIANTS built their teams. Young was once quoted as saying "all you usually get in free agency is someone else's problems."

It's more an organizational philosophy that GMs inherit when they take the job.

gmen0820
04-06-2012, 12:05 PM
Because we are successful, and successful teams are not cheap.