PDA

View Full Version : Farewell AFC, We Knew Thee Well

BlueBlitzer
04-07-2012, 03:17 AM
The AFC scares no one. I mean who do they have ? The Patsies haven't won it since what ? 05 ? The last time the Steelers won it was against the 8-8 Cardinals ( And they needed a " Pick Six going Coast To Coast to win it. ) The Colts are back to being the Dolts. The Ravens offense, just can't get it done. The Chargers got old, and their not called the " Lords Of The Ringless " for nothing.The Jets crash and burn year after year. The NFC has the Giants, Packers, Saints, Niners, Lions, and even the Falcons who you cannot take lightly. NFC Dominates.

TheBookOfEli
04-07-2012, 03:23 AM
I agree somewhat. Don't sleep on the Texans though. I think the Texans have a legit shot of going to a Superbowl very soon.

But the NFC has also a legit shot to rule like they did in that 1984-1996 span.

Kakaru
04-07-2012, 04:41 AM
The AFC scares no one. I mean who do they have ? The Patsies haven't won it since what ? 05 ? The last time the Steelers won it was against the 8-8 Cardinals ( And they needed a " Pick Six going Coast To Coast to win it. ) The Colts are back to being the Dolts. The Ravens offense, just can't get it done. The Chargers got old, and their not called the " Lords Of The Ringless " for nothing.The Jets crash and burn year after year. The NFC has the Giants, Packers, Saints, Niners, Lions, and even the Falcons who you cannot take lightly. NFC Dominates.

The Cardinals were 9-7 that season, same as the 2011 Giants

redbeardxxv
04-07-2012, 04:46 AM
I see the Raiders coming out of no-where in the next 2-3 years.... stand by.

dave56dj
04-07-2012, 05:12 AM
Then there's that team who went to the second round of the playoffs led by a terrifying qb who just picked up one of the greats. So i'd have to say the Broncos may be a factor. And just because the pats haven't one since 05 means they can't be a contender? - Wouldn't we then have had to say the same about the Giants last year (havent won since 07) logic seems flawed. Ravens have a lot of talent as well.

LTMVP8686
04-07-2012, 06:58 AM
The NFC has won the Super Bowl the last 4 of 5 years but the AFC is still a strong conference. The Pats have made the Super Bowl the last 5 of 11 years and can do it again this year. The Steelers have been in the Super Bowl the last 3 of 7 years and had the best defense last year. The Ravens are still a tough team. The Texans did very well considering their plethora of injuries especially at QB. The Broncos with Peyton will be tough as well.

Redeyejedi
04-07-2012, 08:10 AM
The NFC is far away the Superior conference. I would of taken any of the Top 4 NFC Teams to beat the AFC team in the Super Bowl.
Texans are a nice team but Schaub isnt a sure thing.
Pats are still the best team and they are flawed as well

GMENAGAIN
04-07-2012, 09:02 AM
I agree somewhat. Don't sleep on the Texans though. I think the Texans have a legit shot of going to a Superbowl very soon.

Texans had a rough offseason though . . . . lost Williams, Ryans and Winston.

gmen0820
04-07-2012, 11:53 AM

Texans had a rough offseason though . . . . lost Williams, Ryans and Winston.Texans did all their damage without Williams, and a gimpy Ryan (who they traded, not lost).

Winston's release was surprising.

Pksoze
04-10-2012, 08:39 PM
A healthy Texans team and the Ravens are capable of winning the SB. The Patriots could reload with a good draft...but I agree the NFC is stronger than the AFC at this point.

BlueBlitzer
04-11-2012, 07:31 PM

The Cardinals were 9-7 that season, same as the 2011 Giants*

Lots of teams have been 9-7. But not only did Big Blue win the SB, they stopped perfection when no other team could.

Que Al Michaels

" The Giant Fans will dine on that baby for a long long time ". ( Oh wait, not that long, we just won it again )

NJGIANTinNC
04-11-2012, 08:01 PM
I consider the AFC as JV

Outside of the top 3 teams there is a big drop off.

Weak divisional competition

Tom Brady and Peyton had 6 gimmie games for years.

SweetZombieJesus
04-11-2012, 08:04 PM
The AFC keeps sending the same teams -- Pats, Steelers, Colts.

In the NFC the only team to go more than once since 2000 is the Giants.

When you look back at the historical periods of domination (70s and early 80s for the AFC; 80s and early 90s for the NFC) you see the same teams making it to the big game -- Raiders, Steelers, Dolphins in the AFC era, 49ers, Cowboys, Giants, Redskins in the NFC era.

That suggests despite the NFC winning more in the last 5 years, the AFC still dominates because the same powerhouses get to the big game.

We could take this to another level by examining interconference records during these time periods.

giantyankee1976
04-11-2012, 08:58 PM

this

plus say what you will but the titans, chargers, steelers, pats, RAVENS should never be slept on. never.

Jerrob
04-11-2012, 11:43 PM
Texans have a nice fairly young team and one of the best running backs and receivers in the NFL but Schaub worries me with his injury problems, I was surprised that the Texans didn't make a run at Peyton, he could of been a very nice fit in Houston.

Ravens on the other hand are getting fairly long in the tooth defensively and their quarterback even with all his bluster is still a fairly mediocre quarterback.

gmen46
04-12-2012, 04:13 AM
Texans have a nice fairly young team and one of the best running backs and receivers in the NFL but Schaub worries me with his injury problems, I was surprised that the Texans didn't make a run at Peyton, he could of been a very nice fit in Houston.

Ravens on the other hand are getting fairly long in the tooth defensively and their quarterback even with all his bluster is still a fairly mediocre quarterback.

You should be worried about Schaub's injury problems. He's been a tarter for 5 years with Texans, but has missed a minimum of 5 games 3 out of his 5 years there.

We never really heard a believable reason why Texans made no run at Peyton. I thought that would have been perfect for both parties and their mutual goal--to get to the SB within 1 year (2 max).

giantyankee1976
04-12-2012, 07:14 AM

understood. my point is you can't simply write theses teams off.

get hot at the right time...

Flip Empty
04-13-2012, 09:47 AM
The AFC is going through a transitional period. Teams are getting old and new ones are coming though. The NFC was in the same situation not so long ago.

flamethrower
04-13-2012, 01:05 PM
But for the 2012 season. Giants play AFC North Division.
Steelers, Ravens, Browns, and Bengals
My take
Steelers vs Giants. even match up
Ravens vs Giants Ravens D is better than Giants D. Giants O is better than the Ravens O. Even match up
Browns vs Giants. Giants should Dominate in all phases of the game
Bengals vs Giants. Giants better in all phases of the game. Unless something goes wrong. Giants should Dominate again.
Over all Giants should take 3 of the 4 games.

miked1958
04-14-2012, 07:30 PM
I think we will see NFC dominance the way it was in 90s and early 2000s.

We may start seeing those huge blow out games again like 55-10 type stuff.

miked1958
04-14-2012, 07:32 PM
Although I kind like the way last bunch of SBs have come down to wire. Exciting.

bigblue58
04-18-2012, 07:14 AM

The Cardinals were 9-7 that season, same as the 2011 Giants*

Stop already with the Giants only being 9-7. The Cardinals that year were not battling an injury bug like the Giants were, they were only good enough to be a 9-7 team.....the Giants finally got healthy at the end of the season and in time for the playoff run and SB.

JDE123
05-04-2012, 12:02 PM
In a quarterback driven league, I'm not sure how you can completely dismiss a conference with Brady, Peyton, and Big Ben. The NFC certainly has a higher number of elite teams, but that doesn't mean that the 1 team representing the AFC in the SuperBowl won't be superior.