PDA

View Full Version : Pro Bowl voting... Cruz snub?

jparmer
12-09-2011, 01:50 PM
I just got an email from nfl.com for the pro bowl ballet. Am I seeing this correctly?

No Victor Cruz???

This is absurd, the man deserves pro bowl recognition!

BlueSanta
12-09-2011, 01:51 PM
I just got an email from nfl.com for the pro bowl ballet. Am I seeing this correctly?

No Victor Cruz???

He is our 3rd WR and not a starter. Therefor, he isnt eligible. Same goes for JPP who isnt listed as a starter.

You cant be a pro bowler if you arent a starter.

Kinda silly really, on our entire team there are 3 players I feel deserve Pro bowl consideration: Eli Cruz and JPP.

2 are ineligible.

Drez
12-09-2011, 01:54 PM
Regardless of playing time or productiononly those listed as starters on the depth chart are listed on the fan ballot. I'm not sure when they decide to pull the depth charts for the ballot, though.</P>

However, I believe the players and coaches can choose from everyone in the league, and their votes combine for 66% of the ballot.</P>

TuckYou
12-09-2011, 01:56 PM

No Victor Cruz???

He is our 3rd WR and not a starter. Therefor, he isnt eligible. Same goes for JPP who isnt listed as a starter.

Kinda silly really, on our entire team there are 3 players I feel deserve Pro bowl consideration: Eli Cruz and JPP.

2 are ineligible.

And Eli will probably get snubbed behind Rodgers Brees and either Stafford , Romo or Ryan.

jparmer
12-09-2011, 01:59 PM
Interesting, I didn't know the depth chart thing. That really sucks. Cruz and JPP definitely earned it this year.

titwio
12-09-2011, 02:01 PM
Even though these guys aren't on the ballot I still think they find their way onto the team. Coaches will add players due to injuries and SB players not playing.

It's amazing though that the two most productive players on offense and defense for the Giants aren't even starters.

DragonSoul
12-09-2011, 02:11 PM

No Victor Cruz???

2 are ineligible.
Agreed, you could add Nicks, Boley, and even Web.

bigbluefan1986
12-09-2011, 02:20 PM
BS cause the packers have jordy Nelson Greg Jennings and Donald Driver on the Ballot</P>

</P>

so cruz should be eligable.</P>

bigbluefan1986
12-09-2011, 02:22 PM
the cowboys have laurent robinson dez bryant and miles austin

titwio
12-09-2011, 02:22 PM
BS cause the packers have jordy Nelson Greg Jennings and Donald Driver on the Ballot</P>

*</P>

so cruz should be eligable.</P>

Good call. Didn't notice that.

bigbluefan1986
12-09-2011, 02:23 PM
the saints have 3 wrs on the ballot as well.

titwio
12-09-2011, 02:30 PM

There are special rules for the Packers and Saints.

bigbluefan1986
12-09-2011, 02:34 PM
if you care enough use the contact us protion of the nfl.com website located at the bottom left hand corner.. I did.

Ntegrase96
12-09-2011, 02:36 PM

No Victor Cruz???

2 are ineligible.

And Eli will probably get snubbed behind Rodgers Brees and either Stafford , Romo or Ryan.

Doubt it. Although they're having a very similar season in numbers, Eli hasn't been bashed the way Romo has. The media has only loved Romo during that two game stretch during the 9ers game and 1st redskins game. He's taken a public beating and hasn't been praised nearly as much as Eli who was at one point called Elite.

BlueSanta
12-09-2011, 03:20 PM

The Saints starting package consists of a TE, a RB and 3 WRs. Our starting package consists of 2 WRs, a FB, RB and a TE.

Its such a stupid distinction.

The 1st time I ever saw this come up was with Charles Haley when he was with the Cowboys. In 1994 he wasnt officially a starter. He only came in on clear passing downs but they put him on the Ballot anyways. I remember it caused a stir of people saying it was Cowboy favoritism. Eventually the boys named him a starter just to avoid the mess.

Redeyejedi
12-09-2011, 03:47 PM
The Hilarious thing is Victor Cruz could lead the NFC in receiving yards and not be on the ballot.He is 4th in the NFL only 16 yards behind Calvin Johnson for the top receiver in the NFC

Redeyejedi
12-09-2011, 03:52 PM
What I dont get is Jason Pierre Paul has started 8 games so WTF is that

nygsb42champs
12-09-2011, 04:19 PM
Those ballots are made up so far in advance. there is no way they could have predicted that Cruz would have a break out year.

Drez
12-09-2011, 04:22 PM
What I dont get is Jason Pierre Paul has started 8 games so WTF is that</P>

It's not about starting so much as it is how they are listed on the depth chart. While JPP has started 8 games, he'sdone in while subbing in for an injured Osi or Tuck, which still makes him 3rd on the chart.</P>

nhpgiantsfan
12-09-2011, 04:32 PM
I just got an email from nfl.com for the pro bowl ballet. Am I seeing this correctly? No Victor Cruz??? This is absurd, the man deserves pro bowl recognition!

2 are ineligible.
Agreed, you could add Nicks, Boley, and even Web.</P>

Dude, Boley is OUR best linebacker but he does not belong in a probowl conversation. Let's take it easy.</P>

UK-Giantsfan
12-09-2011, 04:38 PM
There are special rules for the Packers and Saints.

yes ......and the refs were applying them last week !

myles2424
12-09-2011, 04:48 PM
Can we really use the "he's just our 3rd WR argument?" I think he's settled that argument this year.....Cruz > HAM

Redeyejedi
12-09-2011, 06:14 PM
I just got an email from nfl.com for the pro bowl ballet. Am I seeing this correctly? No Victor Cruz??? This is absurd, the man deserves pro bowl recognition!

2 are ineligible.
Agreed, you could add Nicks, Boley, and even Web.</P>

Dude, Boley is OUR best linebacker but he does not belong in a probowl conversation.* Let's take it easy.</P>He has no chance not when he is up against 3-4 LB's like Ware and Matthews

Garbloz
12-09-2011, 06:26 PM

No Victor Cruz???

2 are ineligible.

are you sure of this? i never heard that and its a bs thing if true. the fact that non starters can put up top 10 numbers makes them more impressive.

miked1958
12-09-2011, 09:23 PM

No Victor Cruz???

2 are ineligible.

Wow. Never realized that

BParcells777
12-09-2011, 10:04 PM
Pro Bowls are for Losers........most SB winners don't even show up.